FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get to know your fellow FoGer!

+65
Sólrökr
Lord Revan
Notebookface
Red_Wolf
DarkGoddess
Modesti
Artorius
Dreamless Days
UnfortunateBountyHunter
The Calamity
Br0ken_deadly
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Tartra
Digital Muse
Eris
fragilefigure
Pavement
Skitzo-phrenick
Forbidden
Buzzwulf
Bellatrix_Moonlock
Ununhexium
quakernuts
thecolorisred
Eternity
Mercinus3
Narubia
Despair
Ethereal
xraineyesx
Eorzea
World Traveler
Casey Jewels
wakeangel
Fate Flyer
Hisoka
Kail DeWraith
Kingmaker
SpaceWheeler2.0
Ominous Flare
Sunwolf007
jackariah
Shadow Moonseye
Loki
Squall Reyes
Weiss
MetalEgo
Gabe
Cypher
Sheeple
Gunneh
YenWen
Attie
Silvan Arrow
Kathryn Lacey
Hello Danger
Gadreille
Blackrock
Kalon Ordona II
MoiraofWords
Bird of Hermes
Acid Varrakin
The Melancholy Spirit
ImmortalSin
Shekinah
69 posters

Page 29 of 37 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 33 ... 37  Next

Go down

Get to know your fellow FoGer! - Page 29 Empty Re: Get to know your fellow FoGer!

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:06 am

I'm definitely the forgiving type, sometimes to a fault. Some things I take a long time to forgive, but eventually I do try to put them behind me. A lot of times the people that I needed to forgive end up drifting out of my life, so it makes things a little easier.

Do you have a hobby you've always wanted to try but haven't gotten around to it yet? If so, what and why?
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Get to know your fellow FoGer! - Page 29 Empty Re: Get to know your fellow FoGer!

Post by Shekinah Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:40 pm

No, I don't think so. I pretty much do anything/everything that I want. And I've tried hobbies that I found were appealing, sometimes to discover it just wasn't made for me and sometimes to discover that I actually really like it. But maybe there is one hobby: I'd like to try making photographs. You know, the ones you make with a fancy camera. But that's exacly why I haven't gotten to it yet: the camera. I've got no money for such a camera. So, perhaps I'll try this hobby in the future, when I got myself a good monthly pay check Wink

Alright then, new question! As some of you might know, I'm studying Criminology. And just now I was reading in my big book of criminology where I came across the following:

"There can be no crime without law."

Do you agree or do you not and why?
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:48 am

Well, if it isn't illegal, then is it really a crime? It kind of goes under that idea of without good there can be no bad. If there wasn't anything good, then bad would just be neutral. It's the same concept for any set of contrasts. No black without white. No happiness without sadness. No peanut butter without jelly. Ha, just kidding about that one.

But I think you understand what I mean when I say if there are no laws then the actions that would be considered crimes by the laws standards are nothing but actions. Everything is neutral as far as the rules are concerned because there are no rules.

If you could remove any law or add any law, what one would you remove or add and why?
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:18 am

Lucian wrote:The Star Wars galaxy is real and you're a Jedi Knight. Your best friend joins the Dark Side and you're sent on a mission to take them out. Do you complete the mission as ordered or do you join the Dark Side to be with your friend again?
I would try very, very hard to win him back. If it didn't work, well, that's his choice; he (or *cry* she) must die. But, if we're best friends, I think it'd work. Nod

We're actually doing a RP about this, even though it's stagnated. The idea is that there are these two best friend Jedi, and one turns Dark. One goes to turn him back, and they have a conversation that doesn't go well. Over the course of the story, though, the Dark one turns back, but the other Jedi turns dark. Then they have a duel and they both die.
That's kind-of a heartless way to summarize it, but if you think about it for a while, it's pretty heart-wrenching. Sad Twisted Evil Crying or Very sad Wink

Space wrote:Who is a famous figure that you hold a lot of respect for? If you feel like sharing, why them?
J.R.R. Tolkien. Nod For someone who's still alive... I'll go with Terry Goodkind. Both those people I have a ton of respect for, both for their accomplishments and for the kinds of people they were and are. I picked them because they're two of the main writers I aspire to or try to emulate.

Silvan wrote:What is one book or book series that you feel really impacted your writing style and why?
Since I just mentioned the obvious Lord of the Rings and Sword of Truth, and since Eragon is also popular, I'll go with Deltora Quest, and Rowan of Rin, both by the same author Emily Rodda. I know they're technically for a younger audience, but it's still a fantastic series and it's impacted my writing greatly. They way she ties everything together, all the mysteries... and it's all so very creative. It's definitely the sort of thing I want to work into my writing, and it's been a major standard for me to live up to when finally finish multiple books. Nod Very Happy

Raine wrote:What writer do you try to NOT write like?
Stephenie Meyer. Razz And I thought of that before Elric and Raine said the same thing. xD

Shekinah wrote:Are you the forgiving type of person?
Absolutely. Nod If someone could die for every person in the world in order to keep them from an afterlife of torment and annihilation, I can certainly forgive someone no matter what they've done, if they turn around. I forgive them anyway, in my heart, even if they don't ask. Even people who don't profess that faith can, I'm sure, appreciate the notion--that forgiveness is powerful and a force of healing, and without it there can only be pain.

Silvan wrote:Do you have a hobby you've always wanted to try but haven't gotten around to it yet? If so, what and why?
Square-foot gardening. I started some once, but they're not at my house because we don't have room--the room we have is under trees, so little sunshine. I do hope to start that sometime; it's fun and rewarding on several levels. Nod

Shekinah wrote:"There can be no crime without law."
Do you agree or do you not and why?
I agree. Even without civil laws and ordinances, there are still moral laws everybody knows or should know inside, that it's wrong to kill, to steal, to enslave, and so on. Without moral laws inside us, we could do whatever without remorse, which would probably result in a meaningless and chaotic society--free of crime, but also void of worth.

Raine wrote:If you could remove any law or add any law, what one would you remove or add and why?
I'll go with removing gun restriction laws. Those laws that are supposed to keep people safe really just make the good guys powerless. It's a crime against society, and it's downright dangerous, so if I had to pick a law to add or remove, I'd pick that one first.

Describe your favorite notebook. Very Happy
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:28 am

I actually agree with you on that one, Kalon. It's like prohibition. You took away booze, and who had it? The criminals. If you take away the guns, the criminals will still find a way to have them and law-abiding citizens won't have them. Besides, most people where I'm from keep them solely for hunting and for protecting their family from big animals, like bears. Yes, they wander through my yard rather frequently.

Anyway! My favorite notebook is made of Italian leather that is dyed light green. It has a little belt thing that goes through a loop to keep it closed and a silk ribbon to mark pages. The pages are dense and of high quality, with lines that are just the right amount of space apart for me to write comfortably on them. It is perhaps eight inches tall and five or six across, and 1/3 of an inch thick.

What was your first pet? Tell me all about it!
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:58 am

It were my black cats, Pim and Pom. I got them both when I was 6. They were brothers. Unfortunately, one day my mom had to take Pom to the vet and she was convinced she could do that by just carrying him, without a traveling basket. So yeah, he jumped out of her arms and was never heard of again... Sad I was so sad! I cried for days. But Pim was still there and he was the best cat ever: he waited outside at the front door for me to get home, so that he could come in with me. He'd 'talk' with me. But then, one day, almost 2 years ago, he was 16 years old and still very playfully and had a shiny fur and all, he was outside, right across our house, and he got attacked by three dogs. He wanted to strike back, because his nails were out, and then he died of a heart attack Sad I still miss him every day. He was the best cat EVER!

If you could have absolutely ANY animal as a pet, what animal would you want to have?
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:20 pm

See my avatar and signature for your answer ^_^. Come on, how cool would it be to have your own dragon?! You could fly anywhere (thereby saving money on gas and reducing your carbon footprint), and they can roast marshmallows anytime! If we're talking about non-fantasy animals, I'd go with a dolphin or a penguin.

Same question!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:14 am

Hm. Well, I would love to have a horse (not that I don't have a ten acre pasture... and a barn... and a tractor... and all that shit already, thanks mom and dad.) But as far as animals go that I'll probably never have, I would love to have wolves for pets. They could roam free on my lovely wilderness forest land and in general just be awesome.

But I agree: a pet dragon would be awesome; however, feeding them might be a tidbit expensive haha.

Do you think it's right for people to own wild animals that are known to be dangerous for pets; i.e., chimpanzees, tigers, bears, etc, especially when most people don't have the resources or know-how to own these animals?

(If you couldn't tell, I think it's wrong.)
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:19 am

No. Simple answer huh? Very Happy

It makes me think about this woman whose friend,or at least someone she knew, was helding a pet chimpanzee and she was even helping feeding it, until one day she got attacked by the chimpanzee and her face got awfully dis-figured. She came to Oprah to talk about it and when Oprah asked her why she wanted to show herself and tell her story on public television, she said she did it because she felt the need to point out that you should never have such animals as pets. And I was like: that's so hypocrite of you! Because before all of this happened, you even HELPED her feed her 'pet' chimpanzee, without ever putting asking questions and wondering whether or not this was wrong. I know, sure, it's awful to get attacked by a chimpanzee, but it's not until something like that happens that she understood how wrong it is to keep such animals as a pet.

What's the most useless job ever?
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:11 pm

The King or Queen of England. All they ever do is spend the taxpayers money and don't help things politically. It's worse than being the Vice President in the United States since all you really do is nothing. At least with VP there is a chance of becoming President.

What was the weirdest movie you watched in the movie theater?
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:35 pm

Weirdest movie in a theatre? Hmm. I don't think I've seen any really weird movies in the movie theatre. I did see Paranormal Activity 2 two nights ago, but that was just failure. Funny, funny failure. I really can't think of a weird movie I've seen in theatres.

Are there are words that you just cannot stand to hear, use, etc?
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:56 pm

Yes, I absolutely will not use the f-bomb even when I hear so many of my friends use it multiple times a day. I don't complain when other people use it, but I don't like hearing it.

What is your opinion on people having a "calling," or some purpose/role in life that they were born to fulfill?
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:17 am

Oh lord. My opinion on this is both yes and no. This question really gets into my spiritual believes and it would take forever to explain. (I did once with Kalon, and I remember writing several pages.) Short story, I do believe that every person has a purpose - but they don't necessarily fulfill it.

Since it is an interesting question, I want to ask it again: What is your opinion on people having a "calling," or some purpose/role in life that they were born to fulfill?
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:43 pm

I agree with your position on it. Everyone has a calling but it isn't necessarily fulfilled. I remember being lectured on this and want to say that it was Tomas Aquinas who originally wrote about that point of view but I could be wrong.

If you could pick one event to do over again in your life what would it be and why?
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:25 pm

If I could do one event over again, it would have to be an entire year of my life. When I went to Arizona with Ryona, I have to say I really kind of flaked off. My grades went down, and eventually I lost my job. My relationship with Ryona was struggling. All in all it was a great experience, but if I could go back and make more of an effort, I totally would.

What movie are you excited to see (currently unreleased...)

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:05 pm

Ummm.... I'm gonna have to say it's a split between Thor and Cowboys vs. Aliens. I'm hardly ever super excited for movies... which is why I rarely see them in the theaters now a days, but those too look like their going to absolute fun. Thor just looks completely awesome and Cowboys vs. Aliens reminds me of those old fashioned movies made back in the 50s and 60s. It's got that crazy idea feel to it. XD

What do you find yourself spending most of your money on hobby wise?
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

http://renetr3.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:02 pm

Beading. It's a damned Addiction! My friend and I now have more supplies and inventory in our workshop than one of the bead stores here in town.

Where would you like to live. If it could be anywhere in the world and why?
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:52 am

I would like to live in Grandville, MI since that is where I most associate with my home ground. Yeah nothing glamorous like a famous city but some of my best memories are there so that's why I like it.

If you were to get a snow-day what would you do with it?
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:41 am

Like today? Get up late, make a nummy breakfast, write and practise new weaves for chain maille.

You got paid for your first Novel! WHat's the first thing you do with the money?
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:14 pm

Depends on how much I get of course but I'd probably buy a new TV and invest to save up for moving out. Need to get out of the parents house bad.

What is your favorite chocolate treat?
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:37 pm

Special dark chocolate. Its the best!

When was the last time you sent a letter through the mail?
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:49 pm

Oh, wow, let me think...
Right, that would be back in... what... 2006? When my brother was computerless out on a farm, working for a friend of the family. (He likes that kind of stuff... I don't. xD) Wow, that's a long time. :/ I guess it's all e-mail nowadays. xD Or "facebook me." Laughing

What do you most often have for breakfast?
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:06 pm

Nothing. I usually don't eat breakfast. For actual eating, then it would be some kind of cereal.

What is your favorite comedy, either show or movie?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:20 pm

Scrubs! It is freaking amazing! That was an easy one.

What is your favorite thing to do during winter?
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:54 pm

Drink hot chocolate by the fire and listen to the rain. u_u

Who was the last person you wanted to talk to willingly and why?
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:27 am

Do you mean who is the last person I wanted[i] to talk to, sometime in the recent past? Or do you mean who is the [i]last person I wanted to talk to--in other words, who was the most recent person I had to talk to that I most wanted to avoid? Or was it a hypothetical last person I would ever want to talk to?

Well, let's see...
The last person I wanted to talk to was someone online, because they hadn't responded yet.
The last person I wanted to talk to in the recent past was a number of different people online, not so much because they were annoying but because I wasn't that into chatting at the moment.
The last person I'd ever want to talk to...? I dunno... someone really mean? The Joker? xD Because he'd probably find some way to scar me for life or something?

Who is the last person you would ever willingly talk to, and if you like, why?
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:31 am

Probably an estranged relative of mine who I think is a bit mad. I can't really get more into it than that.

What do you want to do when you grow up?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:06 pm

Currently it is be a history professor or novel writer. But as I grow older who knows since I think I will always grow old but never truly grow up.

What's the most childish thing you have done recently?
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:35 pm

Uh... I was hanging out with my friend yesterday and totally ditched him in the store without letting him know where I was going. He should have known where I'd be though because it was a Barnes&Nobel.

What section in a bookstore do you hang out in most?
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:04 pm

The children's section...but not before trapsing through fantasy/scifi, literature fiction, history....and the bargain section Smile

What do you wish you were named?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 37 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 33 ... 37  Next