FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interest Check - "Shift" - ("Push" Sequel)

+2
Spectre
Howler
6 posters

Go down

Interest Check - "Shift" - ("Push" Sequel) Empty Interest Check - "Shift" - ("Push" Sequel)

Post by Howler Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:10 am

Interest Check - "Shift" - ("Push" Sequel) A29pbs

Hello, this is my first attempt at leading some sort of roleplay here. But I do have plenty of experience. Don't worry.

Moving on, I plan to do a sequel to this years film "Push". I enjoyed it very much and believe it deserves some sort of tribute in the form of an RPG, since it's literally a goldmine for a story.

I require only around 5 players or so, all active, interested and possibly familiar with the story.

Should you wish to find out about "Push", click the link below. It has all you need to know about the plot of the film, the setting and even some character ideas (powers and so on).

Push - Wikipedia Link - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Push (click on the 2009 film link)

The setting for my game will be set in 2009, right after the events in the film. A partition of the plot will also be set during the end years of the second world war because of it's relevence in the overall plot.

Write below if you are interested.

NOTE: Roleplay will work a little differently, but still in accordance with the rules.

For example before each post, I require a setup which I will devise so that you can fill in. For example:

[Chapter]
[Time][Date + Year][Location]
[Name of character]

e.g

Chapter I: This is a test.
12:00 pm, 8th August, 2009, Windsor, The United Kingdom
Howler

If you've ever seen Heroes or even some other TV shows, a place, character name etc is helpful to the watcher/reader.

Setting

There are people with abilities all over the world, psychics. These people have anything from Telekinesis (Movers) to seeing the future (Watchers). However, during the end of World War 2, The Nazis researched into Psychic Warfare, caging, testing and killing thousands upon thousands of these people.

When the war was over, the United States Government set up Division, this agency was designed to continue these sort of activities on Psychics, capturing them for testing, just like lab rats. It seemed that it was Division's main goal to be able to capture and find someone who was powerful enough to withstand the drug that boosted their abilities, a drug which has killed every user. Except one.

If you would be so kind as to read the plot, it would be a help, since typing all of that is basically hell. But in truth, all you need to know is that some Psychics who managed to escape Division's grasps have a syringe of the serum, the ultimate bargaining chip with Division.

Psychic Abilities - (Copied from the site, but meh...)

Movers: Movers manipulate inanimate objects at varying distances. The actual technique is known as kinetic signature control, where the Mover is trained to hear and identify the specific atomic frequency of any given material and alter the gravity wave around it, usually producing the nearby air to appear warped. Advanced Movers can work at the molecular level creating protective shields in the air around them.

Pushers: Pushers push specific thoughts, memories, and even emotions into their targets. This technique can be used to gain a subject's trust or to have them perform any action, thinking it was their own agenda. In a way it is a form of complete hypnosis.

Watchers: Watchers are trained to self-induce visions of the future, very much like a prolonged sense of déjà vu. The technique of following the future, either of a person or object, is called subject tracking. A Watcher's skill is primarily rated by how far they can see into the future. Some Watchers are able to improve the clarity of their visions by consuming alcohol, although only Cassie and her mother have been revealed to do so. (NOTE: Watches will not be played by anyone but myself...)

Bleeders: Bleeders have the ability to emit high-pitched sonic vibrations that cause ruptures in a target's blood vessels, also their eyes form into slits while they use this ability because of synthetic materials that were implanted into their eyes. They have their implants because without them, their eyes would pop out of their sockets when using their ability. They are sometimes known to fans as Screechers.

Sniffs: Sniffs are highly developed psychometrics who can track the location of either people or objects over varying distances. Like psychic bloodhounds, their tracking ability is increased if they have tactile access to an object that has been in direct contact with the subject. Sniffs receive information based on images, not specific addresses, which is why identifiable landmarks help increase their effectiveness. (NOTE: Watches will not be played by anyone but myself...)

Readers: Readers are similar to Sniffs, except they use physical contact of an object. (NOTE: Watches will not be played by anyone but myself...)

Shifters: Shifters can temporarily shift patterns of light on any object to create illusions to the naked eye. They work mostly on a touch basis, but once the illusion is established, it remains with the object for short periods of time. For example, a Shifter could momentarily touch a one dollar bill, altering its light pattern to appear as a one hundred dollar bill for hours until the effect expires. In order to shift something, the object to be shifted must have roughly the same dimensions as what it will be shifted into. The length of the shift is based on experience and ability.

Wipers: Wipers are skilled at either temporary or permanent memory erasure, an invaluable asset in espionage. Experience will dictate the accuracy of their wipes, though the danger is always present that they will eliminate a desired memory.

Shadows: Shadows are trained to block the vision of other clairvoyants such as Sniffs, making any subject within their target radius appear "dark". Experience will enhance the size of the area they can shadow and the intensity of their shielding effect. Shadows need to be awake to perform their ability, and it is common for a detail of two Shadows to operate in shifts while protecting a person or object for extended periods. Most Shadows are effective only against Sniffs, but some extremely powerful Shadows are able to block even Watchers.

Stitches: Stitches are psychic surgeons trained to quickly reconstruct cells to their previous or healthy state. Using only their hands, they can heal and even "unheal" whatever they have done. For more detailed work, Stitches use a silver based cream on their hands which acts as a conductor to their ability.

Phasers: Phasers can pass through solid objects. They can share their ability to anyone who is holding onto them. The drawback or weakness of a Phaser is the fact that they require immense concentration, loss of that concentration could cause them to become solid.

Porters: The rarest of Psychics, very few of them are known, some are even said to be with Division. By 'willing' or thinking of a place or destination, they are able to be there, but this sort of ability is extremely difficult to master and may often result in the wrong location.

Changers: Changers are able to fool people that they are physically someone else. However, their flaw is modern technology - security cameras, reflections and so on tell a different story.

People Interested

- Spectre - In 2 other roleplays
- Elric Gharial
- Klikxx - In 2 other roleplays
- Ragter - In 2 other roleplays
- Gunneh2113 - In 2 other roleplays (possibly 1)

Last edited by Howler on Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:03 am; edited 14 times in total
Howler
Howler
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Interest Check - "Shift" - ("Push" Sequel) Empty Re: Interest Check - "Shift" - ("Push" Sequel)

Post by Spectre Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:05 am

Yo i liked Push a lot. I didn't feel it went as far as it could have went but i liked the idea. I may be down for this.

only say 'may' because of my work schedule has been rough lately. . . and may not be able to post more than once a day maximum.

Otherwise i love it. . . keep me posted on some ideas you've got for a plot, or a vague direction... because my ears are perked Smile
Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Interest Check - "Shift" - ("Push" Sequel) Empty Re: Interest Check - "Shift" - ("Push" Sequel)

Post by Howler Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:45 am

Alright. Well, basically, the story goes that after what Division call "The Hong Kong Incident", they lost a few agents and are fairly disconcerted, thus doubling their defences and using all resources at their disposal to bring Nick, Kira, Cassie and their companions down and retrieve what is theirs; The serum.

Nick, Kira, Cassie and co have other plans though: To put an end to Division and thus save Psychics Worldwide.

Cassie has recently just picked up a vision of Kira and Cassie meeting someone in Times Square, New York. It is their first lead to what Cassie's mother has predicted.

I have a decent amount of skeleton set out - 3/5ths to be exact.

The beauty of this sort of Roleplay is exactly what Cassie says "The Future is always changng."

As a result, so will the storyline.

NOTE: I have added stuff to my first post for clearing up what the setting is, what abilities are available and so on.
Howler
Howler
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:53 am

I'd be interested in joining, I thought that movie had some great ideas. I'm already in a few role plays but I think I can handle one more...Darn all these good ideas!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Howler Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:44 pm

I don't wish for anyone entering this RP to be spread too thin or possibly have some other stuff going on right now.

If you aren't one of the above, this game is recommended. Because honestly, to actually have a lot of fun RPing, you need time on your hands, and you cannot do that if you have twenty other RPs including real life.

So that's why I do not desire anyone joining this RP to be in more than 3 RPs apart from this one.

Also, I will be looking closely at my players - i.e researching if they have been good/loyal/rule-abiding players in other games.

Anyways. I think you know enough about the storyline to say yes/no/maybe/I'm thinking about it.

P.S - Don't be afraid to post even if you don't wish to participate in the game with positive or negative remarks.
Howler
Howler
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:10 pm

Alright, well I am in more than 3 other role plays so I suppose I won't be joining.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:13 pm

TOTALLY down for a phaser, I love psionics Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Howler Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:25 am

Ryona Noel wrote:I'd be interested in joining, I thought that movie had some great ideas. I'm already in a few role plays but I think I can handle one more...Darn all these good ideas!

Sorry to hear that Ryona. Maybe next time you can come along and hop in.

Elric - Nice to know. That means I may have two players of the five I desire...
Howler
Howler
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Klikxx Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:00 pm

I just watched Push last night. I liked the concept they were trying to develope. I also like that the future could be altered. If you are allowing porters I would like to play the part. So many things can happen as you explore your power trying to master it. Which side are we to play?
Klikxx
Klikxx
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Howler Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:02 pm

Klikxx wrote:I just watched Push last night. I liked the concept they were trying to develope. I also like that the future could be altered. If you are allowing porters I would like to play the part. So many things can happen as you explore your power trying to master it. Which side are we to play?

Good to know that you are interested Klikxx.

I was not entirely decided over whether we should play Division, normal psychics or both. That decision will come soon I think.

This brings the total to 3 people interested. I am still looking for two, possibly one more person.
Howler
Howler
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Klikxx Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:50 pm

My personal opinion is to play one side or the other. When players take both sides things tend to turn into a pissing contest of power as neither wants to loose. The story tends to stagnate at that point.If one side is played there is an opportunity to create successful action sequences and force the story forward. The games master put an event into play and the player characters respond. Just an opinion.
Klikxx
Klikxx
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:58 am

Huh...haven't seen Push, but from the wiki article, it seems rather interesting. You can go ahead and count me in.
Ragter the junior greeter
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Howler Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:35 am

Klikxx wrote:My personal opinion is to play one side or the other. When players take both sides things tend to turn into a pissing contest of power as neither wants to loose. The story tends to stagnate at that point.If one side is played there is an opportunity to create successful action sequences and force the story forward. The games master put an event into play and the player characters respond. Just an opinion.

Point well made. Although I might just have come up with something in this favour anyways.

Ragster wrote:Huh...haven't seen Push, but from the wiki article, it seems rather interesting. You can go ahead and count me in.

Alright. Good to know we have another person. But Ragster, we have a little gap between when the OOC is up and when we possibly get another player. So in that time, I suggest you may want to watch the film.

Anyways, we're moving along nicely, we may wait for a 5th person to join us. But if not, the OOC goes up tomorrow so you guys can get the full jist of the beginning of the story and where your characters will be. I think you might find it a little bit of a surprise.

Furthermore, could all willing players post what games they are involved with so i know how much other stuff you have.

Peace

Howler
Howler
Howler
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:08 am

I'm not really involved with anything here yet..that is to say, I haven't posted in an IC thread yet, but right now, if you count this one, I am in 3 RPs, that is, if I'm permitted into that Casual one I expressed interest in...

Anyways, if I get the chance to, I'll definitely check the film out.
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Howler Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:13 am

Ragter wrote:I'm not really involved with anything here yet..that is to say, I haven't posted in an IC thread yet, but right now, if you count this one, I am in 3 RPs, that is, if I'm permitted into that Casual one I expressed interest in...

Anyways, if I get the chance to, I'll definitely check the film out.

Alrighty then. 3 RPs, that's cool. Just as long as you don't go crazy and join 80 others. Which I doubt.

Okay, I have your details, that's good. Anyone else want to confess their suppressed childhood memories Roleplays to me?

P.S: By the end of today I will post the 411 about certain stuff to do with the plot etc.
Howler
Howler
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:51 am

Heh, Howler, I said I was in three other roleplays, counting this one, not three other ones Wink so it's really in two other roleplays, possibly one.
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Howler Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:07 am

Ragter wrote:Heh, Howler, I said I was in three other roleplays, counting this one, not three other ones Wink so it's really in two other roleplays, possibly one.

My mistake. Silly me and my old brain.
Howler
Howler
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:53 pm

I'm still in. I'd like to set up a Porter Smile

I'm not really involved in any active games. Though the one's i'm involved in...

Matrix: Jacked In - Inactive due to time constraints

Resistance 2040 - Inactive due to missing creator xD
Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Howler Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:26 pm

Spectre wrote:I'm still in. I'd like to set up a Porter Smile

I'm not really involved in any active games. Though the one's i'm involved in...

Matrix: Jacked In - Inactive due to time constraints

Resistance 2040 - Inactive due to missing creator xD

Alrighty then. That's good to know. Thanks for that Spectre.

That means that both you and Klikxx will be playing two people with the same ability, which actually may work to my advantage.

*Cackles*

I mean plotwise... I'm not a maniac.

The basic concept will be posted later tonight.
Howler
Howler
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Howler Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:06 pm

Shift

The Groups:

Division - Yes, Division will be in the game, surprise, surprise. Since what they call the "Hong Kong Incident" happened, they are a little on the edge. Since their movements seem mostly unpredictable (I know apart from watchers haha.), I will be playing them.

Canon Characters - Nick, Cassie, Kira and Hook will be played by me. They are on their way to New York.

The Pack - Where you guys'll be playing. The Pack are a bunch of Psychics who use their powers for personal gain. At the moment, they are going to attempt a bank robbery of the highest proportions. This means it is up to you guys to come up with characters that are perhaps either selfish/dragged into it. Whatever, i don't mind, the point is that you have individuality and function in the group.

The Pack will be in Nevada. I require at least one Porter for this gang. Which I think two of you want. But more power diveristy would be appreciated.
Howler
Howler
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Klikxx Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:56 pm

I am involved in a few other ventures at the moment. A battletech role play which is slow moving and I recently got involved in a fantasy game. I do not like to be in more than three as I like to post at least once a day during the week in fast paced games. I know the limits.

If spector is set on a porter and they are in deed rare I will play a shifter or changer if that opens up possibilities. Being a small group we neeed as many different attributes as possible. Besides there are plenty of descriptive role play advantages in those two classifications. Could be fun?
Klikxx
Klikxx
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:20 am

I suppose I'll be a Mover....seems like fun to move stuff around Smile

Oh, and I am in 2 other roleplays now, not possibly 1 anymore.
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Howler Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:07 am

Goody. All that remains now is for Elric to tell me his Roleplay endeavours.

But the OOC will be up by tonight, or possibly earlier.

So get thinking about what sort of a character you want!

Peace

Howler

P.S: I may decide to do drawings like Cassie did of the future for gameplay's sake. Although I too am an awful artist.
Howler
Howler
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:52 am

I'm completely up for this if you'll have me lol I loved Push, and I'm extremely interested in this idea, Howler. I've currently got one RP that hasn't started yet and one that I was planning with two people from the site.

I think I could manage lol
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Howler Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:01 am

Gunneh2113 wrote:I'm completely up for this if you'll have me lol I loved Push, and I'm extremely interested in this idea, Howler. I've currently got one RP that hasn't started yet and one that I was planning with two people from the site.

I think I could manage lol

Hop aboard the train! I'm sure you can manage two other Roleplays, that's what all the others seem to have.

I think that's all I can handle for parts round about now. So joining will not be an option until someone flakes/something bad happens.

The OOC will be up soon.
Howler
Howler
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Howler Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:13 pm

The OOC is UP!

Go and check it out!
Howler
Howler
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down