FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Go down

Avatar Interest Check Empty Avatar Interest Check

Post by Gadreille Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:08 pm

Silv and I are putting together an RP based on James Cameron's Avatar. I've already cooked up an interesting plot, which will take place directly after the movie. We are planning to summarize some of the more basic information and post it up along with the plot before we begin. This thread is just to see if there is anyone who is interested in being a part of this role play. If you are, read on.

Requirements:

1. You must have seen the movie...of course.

2. You need to be serious about posting. There is no requirement but you should try and as active as possible. If you can't post, let us know. If the thread goes inactive for a bit, be cool. Stick to it. Don't disappear on us!

3. You need to be able to give and receive criticism. I'm going by the book as much as possible, so if your character details don't match up well enough, I may ask you to change it. You need to be cool with that. Feel free to do the same. (There is a book out called Avatar, you don't have to get it but if this is going to be the long term role play that I want it to be, you may want to invest in it).

4. No one is perfect, and you don't need to be either. Please do your best, and try not to go off on any tangents. Stick to the plot, if you have ideas discuss them with everyone before posting in IC.

Basically, I'm looking for a slow and steady pace and a couple of players willing to commit long term. Still with me? Here is what we have so far:

Plot

JC’s Avatar: A World Renewed

“I can’t help but wonder if Eywa called out to us, at risk to herself, so that she might save earth.”

Back on Earth, the RDA is planning a massive attack on Pandora to retake the planet and gain control over the resources, namely the unobtanium. Pandoran rights activists sprang up across the globe, protesting the RDA’s return to Pandora. After the protests became violent, many of the activists were imprisoned, and those who were lucky enough to escape imprisonment continued to rally in secrecy. Secrecy was the only way to insure the activist’s survival and continuance of a plot against the RDA. The RDA banned Grace Augustine’s book as well as other published works detailing Pandora, and any information regarding Pandora became classified, limited to only the RDA and few other privileged eyes.

Unbeknownst to the RDA, materials needed to survive the planet Pandora, including shuttle crafts, exopacks, matter-antimatter reaction engines, and Avatar systems, were being collected and stored for a future excursion to Pandora. People both within the RDA and apart from it were collaborating together in order to smuggle these objects, often damaged, out of RDA territory. The time to move is fast approaching, and two major obstacles now face the activists: freeing their imprisoned colleagues, and stealing the ISV Justice: the Capital Star Class Interstellar Vehicle Justice. Justice is one of many ISV’s being prepped to carry the RDA and its army to Pandora. Such a craft is impossible to obtain in secrecy, and the activists know that by stealing this ship and traveling to Pandora, they will bring the ugly tide of the RDA right behind them.

Unknown to both the activists and the RDA, a group of amateur botanists who were among the last to leave Pandora have created a secret greenhouse with flora samples from Pandora. Its very existence is unknown to all but its creators, and for now the plants are in a controlled environment. The effect of pandoran flora released to Earth’s environment is completely unpredictable, and the act of doing so could be either detrimental or beneficial to Earth and its inhabitants. For now, the greenhouse remains sealed, but if the pandoran flora contaminates Earth’s ecosystem, there is no knowing what may happen.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Avatar Interest Check Empty Re: Avatar Interest Check

Post by Mustakrakish Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:42 pm

I have seen the movie three times, and would pay to watch it many many more. I am in 100%.
Mustakrakish
Mustakrakish
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:52 pm

Welcome Mustakrakish! I hope you like what we have so far. If you have any ideas of your own feel free to throw them out there. Silv promises to work hard on this tomorrow so we can have it ready to go.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrius Frostglare Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:49 pm

An absolute masterpiece, this movie was. I'm all in.
Adrius Frostglare
Adrius Frostglare
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

http://adriusfrostglare.deviantart.com/  (Deviant Art profile)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:08 am

Good to have you, Adrius! Everything I said to Mustakrakish goes to you as well. Critiques, alterations, or brand new plot ideas are all welcome!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:56 pm

I believe it is just going to be the four of us then!

I've been working on background description, but I still have to summarize the different life forms of Pandora. Hopefully I can finish it within the next day or two!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrius Frostglare Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:20 am

I'm going to have to read up more on the universe. Even though I saw the movie, the names didn't stick enough. Also gonna need to hear more about the background of this particular story before I can form a character.
Adrius Frostglare
Adrius Frostglare
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

http://adriusfrostglare.deviantart.com/  (Deviant Art profile)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:09 pm

The background of the universe is what I am working on: though the book I mentioned is worth getting if you can.

As for the plot, what I have written is all that I have planned - I figured we'd start off with human activists and perhaps RDA as well, beginning with freeing the imprisoned activists and stealing the ISV Justice. As for what the hell the activists are going to do when they get to Pandora...I don't know yet. But I think that the botanists secret greenhouse will have something to do with defeating the RDA, if it can be done.

When Silv and I finish the background info, if there are still holes just let us know and we'll either fill it in, or work together to come up with something satisfactory.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:44 pm

I've posted what I have so far. Have a looksie and tell me if there are any major holes (apart from what I already mentioned).
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustakrakish Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:02 pm

I stumbled upon a website in my own research that is well worth looking into. It provides a wealth of information on primary lifeforms and technology seen in the movie. Pandorapedia
Mustakrakish
Mustakrakish
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:22 pm

In in and IN. I LOVED the movie. It was the best spent 2 hours and 43 minutes of my L.I.F.E.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:18 pm

Great to have you Eternity!!!

Thank you for that website, it has a lot of what I have not yet put up in the OOC. I trust you all have seen what I do have so far. I look forward to seeing your characters (and I will work on my own as well as the flora and fauna summaries,unless you think we can fair without it; there is a bit more in the book that is not yet on Pandorapedia).

School started today and I have a wealth of reading to accomplish aside from the role play, so forgive me if this isn't as fast as you'd like. I'm doing my best!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustakrakish Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:53 pm

It looks like the website is still under construction....sad. But I plan on reading that book as well, though I read fairly slow so by the time I finish the game may be over..but hopefully not.

Also, are we allowed more than one character? Like everyone else I would love to make a Na'vi character, but I also had in mind for an ex-RDA merc with a few demons left over from the first Pandoran campaign. I am assuming that any Na'vi or Avatar characters will not come into play until later, since the ship must first be stolen and then taken to Pandora, so that would give me time to develop each one individually.
Mustakrakish
Mustakrakish
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:10 am

You are absolutely right. I expect that we will all have more than one character, especially because there are so many different roles that can be taken and not every role can be played at the beginning of the role play.

My only suggestion is to not exceed three characters, and to not have three of the same type. For example, don't have three Na'vi, but it is fine to have an activist, an RDA merc, and a Na'vi.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustakrakish Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:09 pm

How long after the movie is our story taking place?
Mustakrakish
Mustakrakish
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:22 pm

Not long. I'd say within 5 years, maybe less. However long you think it would take the RDA to rally support from it's financial backers to make enough money to build 9 ISV's as well as other materials needed to get back to Pandora.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustakrakish Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:27 pm

Hmmm....well rallying support I dont think would be a problem. The investors would be pissed as hell that their cash cow got pulled out from under them so quickly, and while a few may cut their losses and put their money into safer accounts, I think a good majority would want revenge and profit (its the human way after all). However getting the necessary personel and equipment would take some time. Are the ships all brand new, or are they simply refitted? New ships of that size could take a decade or more to complete, especially 9 of them, but refitting an old ship could happen in a year or two I would think. Of course this is all speculation, since I have absolutly no background knowledge in space craft construction Smile.
Mustakrakish
Mustakrakish
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:07 pm

Didn't they already have 10 ships, before the movie actually takes place? I thought those were the ships they were using, and would be using in this RP. Also, keep in mind that the journey to Pandora takes 6 years, so waiting for the return of those kicked off, if that is what you had in mind, would place it at least 6 years after the movie. Not to mention it will add considerably to the time frame once we actually steal the ship and travel there again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:19 pm

Ok, according to Silv they already had the 10 so there would be minimal work needed on these ships, but adding on the 6 years will cause a lapse of time in our role play. The very beginning may be between 1 to 5 years later, but when they arrive at Pandora, it will be whatever we decide +6. What do you guys think? How long after the movie should our role play begin?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustakrakish Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:37 am

I think our game should start maybe 7 years after the end of the movie. That leaves a 6 year lapse for a return to Earth, and then a year of time for the RDA to get their materials together.
Mustakrakish
Mustakrakish
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:51 pm

Alright, I'll post that up right now.

I think we should get started whenever the characters are ready. We won't need to know about Pandoran plant and animal life til we get there, and it is going to be a pain getting that info transcribed onto FOG...
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustakrakish Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:38 pm

Sounds good, I will have my characters up hopefully tonight
Mustakrakish
Mustakrakish
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:40 pm

Cool. I'm going to edit mine and add more info tonight as well.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down