FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sephiris: The Price of Peace - OOC

+15
Erebus
Blackrock
Kalaam
Digital Muse
Fluesopp
Gadreille
Weiss
Stion Gyas
Stray
Kaitlyn Wild
Reffy
Loki
Alphariusthemad
Zephiris
Kalon Ordona II
19 posters

Page 25 of 33 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29 ... 33  Next

Go down

Sephiris: The Price of Peace - OOC - Page 25 Empty Re: Sephiris: The Price of Peace - OOC

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:12 pm

Send me an email at kalonordona2@gmail.com and I'll add you to the shared list (for the chronological compilation, I'll reiterate, since we're on a new page). ^_^
Though I think it'll only work if you have a Gmail account. Maybe not, though; I've never tried. Regardless, Google's just the best anyway, so if anyone doesn't have one, they totally ought to. xD
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Sephiris: The Price of Peace - OOC - Page 25 Empty Re: Sephiris: The Price of Peace - OOC

Post by Guest Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:11 pm

Maybe I will make one just for this then.

A couple of things to discuss concerning Mandor:

If King Orion is both the King of Mandor and Sephalia, then how does Dor fit into that. I had not imagined Dor being ruled by a Duke, but the seat of the king himself. However, I kind of like the idea of there being only one king, and it fits my ideas for Mandor a bit better. So should Dor be ruled by a Duke, or should it just be the placeholder seat of the king, the location of his closest advisers for Mandor as well as one of the main strongholds for the kings soldiers?

My plan for Mandor is for it to descend into war (if that is alright with you, Kalon. I'm not sure how the story is going to progress really). But Duke Omoron is going to try to defeat Aram and the currently unnamed city near Dor. Should he be successful it would give him much political power. However, Iyel'Del and Dor are a major deterrent to his success. So he is going to try and be sly about it. Unfortunately, if there is a king on Mandor, the Duke would kind of put himself in a bad position. If the king marched against him, no amount of political maneuvering would save him. The Duke and his House would be gone, branded as traitors. However, if the king is in Sephalia and occupied with other things, it gives the Duke a free hand to make his move.

What do you think about this?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:26 pm

Shiver of delight, that's what I think about it. Excited
Maybe I played too much Lords of the Realm II when I was younger.
(watch, you'll see what I mean. ^_^ [x])
Barons dukeing it out (inadvertent pun, there. xD) when the king is gone.
So yeah, that idea appeals to me. ^_^

It's also more LOTRish, Gondor-y, even, with stewards. I like the idea of Dor being a place-holder for the king whenever he drops by. That city is probably controlled not by dukes but by special officers appointed by the king.

So yes, you may proceed with your war. Your description of their less pious motives seems like a logical succession of the plot. And it DOES present an irresistible opportunity for them. ^_^ Don't do a complete coup yet, though. Keep your options open. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it. Nod

We can come up with something to add to the Locations entry for Dor, in this regard.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:40 pm

Yeah, it isn't something I planned on getting to for quite a while yet. though I did hint at it in Ragner's post, the one where he is fleeing to Caslemon from Aram. I don't know if anyone caught it or not, or if I even stated it bluntly or not...I think I might go reread it myself.
Edit: It isn't very blunt after all. Maybe you caught it, if you read it. Maybe you didn't.

I am glad you like the idea though!

And I made a gmail account and sent you a message.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:48 pm

I'm updating a few locations. I forgot to add Pinewood, the town north of Dor, where you all met Quentin.

Also, Gandila, S'harahe's birthplace, as well as Kragamer, Z'gan's birthplace.

I'll update Dor's location info, while I'm at it.
And add a qualification that it isn't the center of Zephirisian religion in the world, just in Mandor, like Telmural would be for Sephalia. In Sephalia it's a bit more organized, in Mandor, it's a bit more fanatic.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:49 pm

They met Quentin in Dor, actually... It was in a chapel.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:58 pm

Just wondering if I have this right... a Duke is higher than a Baron right? A Baron would rule sections of land, a barony, within a dutchy, right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:30 pm

Yup, Duchies are wider areas while baronies are smaller sections. Pretty sure, anyway. For our purposes, we'll say that each large city has a duke that presides over the surrounding area, including nearby towns, and each town has a baron.

Alternatively, we could put the barons in charge of forts and dukes in charge of cities and surrounding areas.

And I guess Pinewood didn't feature as heavily as I thought. I think it was only mentioned three times on their way back from Dor. I'll just stick it on the map anyway. ^^

Last edited by Kalon Ordona II on Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:37 pm

I don't think a duke would much like that. Superiors are normally not happy when underlings control the troops. I think it is better to have the barons in charge of the towns.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:38 pm

Good point.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:40 pm

So in that case Ragner Duiran would actually be a baron, though that position is currently on shaky ground. Hmmm.... Baron Duiran... I'm going to have to get used to the sound of that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:39 pm

Okay, I sent it to you and Digi. Turns out Digi has ymail, not gmail, so we'll see if it works. Very Happy
Anyone else have gmail? Stion? Blackrock? Very Happy
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:58 pm

Just so you know, you can use any email to set up a Googledocs account. Smile
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:58 pm

I did not know that. Cool!! Very Happy
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:56 pm

Maybe it is just my computer, but opening it up (the google doc) makes it run VERY slow... I will try it on the desktop and see if it works any better.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:32 pm

Well, it is quite large. Almost a hundred pages, for the first one.
Depends on your computer. My computer reads it quite slowly as well.

Hurray for libraries. Very Happy
And friends with awesome laptops.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:34 pm

Silvone Elestahr wrote:Maybe it is just my computer, but opening it up (the google doc) makes it run VERY slow... I will try it on the desktop and see if it works any better.

It does, sadly. GoogleDocs is VERY slow-making,
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:35 am

Everyone, check out the first page of this OOC. I added a handy list of links. Hurray for organization! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:49 am

Nice Kalon, everything is so much tidier now! Unfortunately I don't use Gmail, so I can't see the collected greatness of our work, but maybe I'll go ahead and make one - just to be able to see it. Smile

As for Dukes and Barons, Ragner needn't be a Baron. "Lord" is still an appropriate title, it simply denotes that the man in question has sworn an oath of fealty to one higher in the feudal hierarchy than him. (i.e a Baron is still a Lord) So yeah, it can go both ways pretty much...to my knowledge at least.
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:05 am

I guess Digi says you don't need a Gmail account, like I thought? *shrug*
You could email me with your regular email, if you like, and we can try that first. Digi has Ymail, and it is implied that she can see it just fine. Very Happy
However you like. Gmail is awesome anyway. *shrug* ^^
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:14 am

Ouch, how did I miss that? Doh

I'd blame my lack of reading comprehension on the early hour, but I got up about two hours ago, no excuse there! At any rate, I'll try out later, once I have the time.
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:46 pm

I was thinking. Maybe Orion "united" Sephalia and Mandor. Or one of the Orions--pick a roman numeral. xD Before that maybe there was a king of Mandor, too, but now it's a stewardy place. Or something. Just a thought, not really sure about it yet. These things just crop up, I like to share them with you guys first. Collaboration is fun! xD
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:55 am

Check it out, you guys!
My first real movie thingy ever!! cheers

Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:39 am

Nice trailer! That was cool. Smile I totally approve of the music you chose.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:34 pm

Sephiris doesn't look exactly like that--there are only two wings, though they're big and they stretch a long way--but the image there more or less gets the feeling across, I think. ^^
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:03 pm

The only thing I would suggest is more artwork. There is a bit too much of the map. However, I really, really love it! And I agree with Digi on the music Very Happy Great work!

Edit: Don't forget to put that in the beginning of the OOC and/or IC thread(s)!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:38 am

Yeah, the map was really all I had, except for more maps, and that wouldn't fit with the music as much. xD I could have waited until I had more material and better software, but better to have and improve than improve and not have. Laughing

I loved the music, too. First time I heard it, I thought, Sephiris Trailer, and now here it is. xD Huzzah for Audiomachine and similar groups like Immediate Music. Clap
Did everything fit the music okay? That was the main thing I was going for. If I can get the timing right on the first time out of the gate, I'd say this is the start of a beautiful new superpower. xDDD I can do movies!!! ^_^ Well, image-based trailers, anyway. Wink
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Stion Gyas Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:22 am

I liked it a lot, too. Very Happy Music was awesome!

The image with the characters really stuck out to me. My first thought was: One of my characters is in a trailer!
Stion Gyas
Stion Gyas
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:47 am

Huzzah! I was hoping you would all like that bit. ^_^
Just think, if I'd known how to do this before, I might not have had those character portraits to work with. Kinda too bad I don't have those for my own characters yet; I had to improvise to get something close to S'harahe in there. Technically, of the five characters there, only Kate is among those "called" folks the trailer mentioned... so far... dundundun. ^^ Still, there was no way I was going to pass up the chance to have each of us in a YouTube-worthy movie. xD
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:35 am

Woah, Kalon! That is pretty amazing! I don't think I've seen a character of mine in a trailer before! Huzzah for our GM's movie-making skills Razz
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 33 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29 ... 33  Next