FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sephiris: The Price of Peace - OOC

+15
Erebus
Blackrock
Kalaam
Digital Muse
Fluesopp
Gadreille
Weiss
Stion Gyas
Stray
Kaitlyn Wild
Reffy
Loki
Alphariusthemad
Zephiris
Kalon Ordona II
19 posters

Page 29 of 33 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

Go down

Sephiris: The Price of Peace - OOC - Page 29 Empty Re: Sephiris: The Price of Peace - OOC

Post by Digital Muse Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:13 pm

Soon as I can snag some free time, I promise.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Sephiris: The Price of Peace - OOC - Page 29 Empty Re: Sephiris: The Price of Peace - OOC

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:04 am

Yay!
Heh, that's about where I am, too, with this second job now. Still getting used to things and working it into my routine. There's down-time on the job, but it's not like I'd be able to bring a laptop. Still, it's conceivable that I can still make progress on writing things like this, or at least planning them. I just need to come prepared because I rely so much on my notes. xD
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:28 pm

Not that I am actually working on this at the moment, but I would like public opinion:

Since I seriously doubt Stion is coming back, and I hate to see great characters go to waste, would anyone object to me using them? Stion never stated either way, but he never really said that he was leaving. To be honest, I think he lost interest in it. If you are all against me using them, then I won't. I just hate to see them disappear for good Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:07 pm

I think you should use them. I've made the decision to keep the Twins running.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:55 pm

I think I will keep them going then. If you are using his other character, then I won't feel bad Smile I have a good sense of their personalities, so I don't think I will butcher them Wink And I think I've written most of Z'ang's part anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:13 pm

How heartless would I have to be to let good characters fade into the cracks of the story when there's still someone willing to write them? Of course you may, Silvone. ^_^ Digi already has Tuuli, but you can have Brenard and Z'ang for as long as you like. Nod

I think I'll edit the character lists to reflect stewardship.

Edit:
I guess actually the character lists don't have that information.
So instead I'll just remember to mention it as I keep filling in the Perspective Archives. ^_^
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:18 pm

Sorry that took forever. The season and school are sucking me under. I have edited my post for Kate and I am far happier with it. Hope you enjoy.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:48 pm

Yay! I like the added details to Telmural, too! cheers
Thanks for doing that! Very Happy

Alrighty, I'll work some more on my post. Depending on the length, it should be finished sometime before next week. Smile
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:26 pm

Man, I know we pride ourselves on having a relaxed pace, but seeing the Mass Effect role-play looming behind us is... kinda sad but inspiring at the same time.

Just the motivation I need for the new year, after all that holiday energy has worn off! xD
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:03 pm

No offense, but between you, me and Silvone (not tossing Digi in this pot) - we've probably got the slowest posters on FOG right there, it's to be expected that we keep such a pace. Then again, I also dare say we are one of the most dedicated (now I add Digi), how many RP's from 2009 do you still see alive? Smile

I'm already looking at doing the Mustering Part 2 for Barin and the Twins, gonna wait 'till the New Year and then probably won't have much time as I have my finals exams, but after that - rawr!
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:49 pm

Good point. xD

Yup, I'm definitely feeling the New Year approaching. ^_^
We'll still be celebrating the holiday, so I don't think I'll have a post up before then, but soon. Very Happy
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:56 pm

I know that this is largely my own fault. I haven't been able to make myself sit down and write at all. I have the beginning of the post for Celebrant written, and I would like to finish it today, but I am not sure if that will happen. Once it is done I will move on to Sephiris. And that one is already started as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:24 pm

Well as for long-term RPs I also have to mention Viemera. It's been going since October 2009 too.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:56 pm

So, I think by this point, MOST of you(I think all of you) know I'm joining. So...hullo. Thanks for having.

As for the actual reason I'm posting in the OOC, I am working on a post. It's slow going, due to me being usually hyper-critical of absolutely everything I ever write, but I am slowly making progress.

Just wanted to let you all know, so you don't think I've just up and vanished on you. I'll try and get it done as soon as I can, but quality first, right?
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:20 pm

It's more me than you, Silvone. We're waiting for me in Telmural.

Hi GC!
Whoa, wait, did we finalize your character yet?
Did I forget to add it to the list?
Procedure! Very Happy
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:24 am

...you didn't add it to the list, but I'm pretty sure you gave me the go ahead.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:12 pm

Okay, cool.
See? Failure on my part. Sorry about that. Very Happy

I'll fix it at once.

Actually, just post each of those characters (the dragon and the human) in their own separate posts here in the OOC, so I can link to them in the character profile lists.
I'll update the words for now, but they'll be linkless (as if they'd never heard of Zelda).
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:51 pm

No worries. Now, are you sure you want them both? I thought the dragon was a little context sensitive.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:49 am

Hm, good point. I was rushing through that post because I was about to work.

Hm. What to do...

You were posting as the initiate, right?
I guess just start with her, then, and we'll worry about the dragon later. Smile
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:51 am

. : Name : .
Full Name: Kassela Myrhine Voladea, Initiate in the Order of Valthea
Use Name: Kassela
Other: Initiate, Kass
Played by: Guilty Carrion

. : Appearance : .
Height and Build: 5’9”, Toned and lithe.
Description: Kassela’s face still has some of the roundness of her youth, although it is steadily fading to reveal her much sharper features. Her lips are thin and often set in a tight line, portraying an aura of serious she believes Knights must exude, although it is quick to falter when her temper flares. Her eyes are a polished black, and more expressive than Kassela is actually aware, often a dead give away to her thoughts or musings. Kass’s dirty red hair is haphazardly clipped to stay out of her eyes and off her collar, although she ensures it is plenty presentable for when she must enter the presence of her betters. Her curves are mild, and barely noticeable once she dons her armour. Her skin is fair, slightly darker than the average human, but the shade is so minutely different, none save the most observant would notice. She is toned well from a life of hard labour, training and working the forge, her hands bearing a multitude of scars as well.
Clothing: When in her barracks, Kassela wears a grey tunic with black trim round the cuffs, and collar. Light linen pants match the design. For her proving, she has been granted a set of the Order’s armour. It is light plate armour, a middle ground between the common chain mail of the infantry and the heavy plates of their knightly brethren. Its design is simple, favouring the natural colour of steel, with ornate black trim on the edges. The pauldrons bear the symbol of the Order of Valthea, a smithing hammer with a laurel wreath behind it, the head of the hammer engraved with Valthean Creed. A sallet rounds out the armour, decorated much the same as the armour. Underneath, she wears simple grey gambursons.
Weapons: Kassela fights with an arming sword and shield, both of which she has forged with her own hands, as required of her Order. Her arming sword is longer than average, three feet and a half feet in length, with the hilt longer for two handed use. Her heater shield is rarely used, fastened over her back with a guige strap. It bears the heraldry of her Order, just like her pauldrons, although it is noticeably less ornate than her armour.
Other: A pouch for coins, fastened to her belt. A scabbard fastened to her belt that holds her sword.
Impression: A young knight-to-be, Kassela carries herself as if she was born to wear the mantle all her life, although sometimes her youth gets the better of her.

. : Heritage : .
Birthplace: Iyel’Del
Family: Only child of Reussen Voladea and Danelyn Adricia. She has numerous cousins, uncles and aunts, but has actually met very few of them.
Inheritance: Kassela was taught from a young age by her father the ways of the forge, and in her mother’s spare time, Adricia would pass on simple lessons about swordplay and honour to shape her daughter to one day follow in her footsteps.
Other: Kassela has known Baroness Denitra from a young age, and has a good relationship with her. She aspires to be like her mother in every way, hoping to one day prove worthy of her praise. She is on good terms with most of the other Initiates she works with, although her focus on the Order has prevented many friendships from forming.

. : Persona : .
Biography: Kassela has wanted to be a Knight of the Order of Valthea since she was a babe. Her mother often disappeared during her youth, serving in the Order alongside Lady Denitra. Despite her mother’s absence, Kassela idolized her in every way, counting the days till she’d return from her latest adventure to spend a scarce few days with her family. She was taught the forge by her father, and the basics of the sword were taught by her mother. She has been an initiate in the Order for several years, and despite her known skill and promise, has yet to be offered the proving. She trains hard under the Order’s Tutelage, knowing that it is only a matter of time before she is given her chance.
Motivation: Kassela wishes to live up to legacy of her mother, earning the name she feels was denied to her at birth. Making both her parents proud only spurs her harder, and a personal drive for greatness provides the ever burning fuel for her desires.
Skills and Talents: Kassela is well learned in the use of sword and shield techniques, preferring to fight with the arming sword alone but bringing the shield to bear in heavier combat. She’s learnt how to forge weapons, shields, and armours from a young age, and is capable of crafting reliable weaponry for the average guard or soldier. Serving the knights as an initiate means more than one cooking detail, as such, Kassela is a surprisingly skilled cook, if a little basic.
Strengths: Passionate, Loyal, Dedicated, Proud, and Occasionally Humble.
Weaknesses: Temperamental, self-conscious, slight inferiority issues, Pride.
Personality: Kassela is passionate woman, dedicated to both her Order and to the people of Mandor. She is quick to take up arms in defence, regardless of her relation to those who need her protection. She is driven to succeed, and proud of everything she has managed to achieve. Although slow to ask for it, she isn’t above asking for help when the chips are down. Hot-headed, she’ll pick a fight that wasn’t even necessary if provoked enough. In ways she’s not even aware, Kassela is incredibly self conscious of her own ability, and small words can damage her remarkable fragile pride.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:26 am

Whoa, that was fast. xD
Okay, link time. (scraa)

*does*

All done! ^_^
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:10 am

The background of the Order of Valthea comes from the tragic legend of a woman who stood up to an obsessive baron, back in the old country before the Sixteen Years' War.

The only remnant of the story of this woman is a long ballad passed down as a folk song, finally rediscovered by a baroness in Mandor.
It is unclear what part of the world "Aramon's country" referred to, let alone the village of Endon's Reach. Neither of these names survived the Sixteen Years' War, assuming they were even around during that period.

The actual ballad is some 15-20 verses long. Each member of the Order of Valthea must know it by heart, but most often only the summarical first and last verses are sung or thought of.

A more detailed treatise on the Order of Valthea will be forthcoming, but first, here is the condensed version of the Ballad of Valthea.

The Ballad of Valthea (first and last verse)

In Aramon's country,
On mountains abiding,
'Tis said Endon's Reach is
Where Valthea died.

Alone in her village,
Cut down for her fighting
The schemes of the wicked,
Fair Valthea died.

Then after this treason,
The villagers hiding
Knew they were the reason
Why Valthea died.

And in the rebellion
The lady inspired,
They stormed out to tell and
Cry: "Valthea died."

And thundered their battle

From Aramon's crountry,
The people's arising
Spurred strength from the tale that
Fair Valthea died.

With all of their passion
And fearless contrivings,
They spread over land from
Where Valthea died.

'Till over their countries
As victors presiding,
In reverence and love they

Now forward in splendor,
All onwardly striving,
We'll always remember
Why Valthea died.

To teach us to stand is
Why Valthea died.

Within the last few decades, it has become common for a variety of refrains to be added in the middle and end of each verse. The most well known runs thus:

Teach us to stand
Teach us to stand
Valthea, Valthea
Teach us to stand

These refrains sometimes become more elaborate when sung by a group, employing echoing phrases and added harmonies throughout as well as brief instrumental solos between verses.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:34 pm

Making progress on a post--finally. ^_^
Digi, I'll PM you in the next couple days to clear some dialogue with you. Smile
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:29 pm

My post in Battle of Celebrant is up, so I will be focusing on this next. My post for Barthon is about finished, so I will be focusing on that first. Then I will try and get out a post for Ragner. Sorry for the long delay.

Also, are you currently working on an intro post, GC? Or were you waiting for me?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:52 pm

I am currently working on an intro post. Do you need it up before yours?
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:08 am

I thought it would be convenient for you to post first, but it isn't necessary. I was only going to write up to the point where my character encounters yours. You could still launch into your intro from that point and it would be fine. So its your choice, I suppose, or just whoever finishes first.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:41 am

You'll probably finish first. I got a lot of ground to cover. Razz

I'm good with whoever's done first though. Order dosen't matter a whole ton in this situation, methinks.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:51 pm

I posted, though it is not all of my post. I already lost the original document, and this was saved in a PM. I figured it would be safer to get it up so that I wouldn't have to worry about losing it permanently. I will get the rest of it done ASAP.

Blackrock, I apologize for putting our arc off for so long. I will try and outline my post as I work on this one. I won't try and offer a timeline, because I never stick with them...

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:13 am

.....Silvone? Is that you? O_o

That was weird at first. I was like "who does this person think they are, barging into the RP like that?" Laughing
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:46 pm

Silvone? Yes... That's what they used to call me. Silvone Elestahr. That was my name. I am Ysopet.

That is pretty hilarious though. So... when are you going to get Dreamweaver to make a character here?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 33 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next