FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Still searching...

2 posters

Go down

~Still searching... Empty ~Still searching...

Post by Ruu Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:56 pm

Hi everyone! I'm still searching for a one-on-one roleplay. I have a few ideas listed below, but I'd be up for anything except for something that is strictly romance. I'm more a fan of action-oriented or quest oriented RPs.

One idea I'd like is for someone to play a villain type character to my hero in a one-on-one roleplay and either they're at odds with each other, the villain's trying to capture/has captured the hero, or they're forced to work together to face a challenge greater than both of them.

I also enjoy RPs where I can roleplay as a character that needs protection for some reason or another while another person plays a guardian.

And I also like roleplaying as siblings on a mission or quest or in some kind of adventure.

Let me know if you're interested in these basic ideas or have your own. Smile
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

~Still searching... Empty Re: ~Still searching...

Post by Knifey Keith Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:10 am

I'm keen on the guardian idea.

What did you have in mind for a character that needs "Protecting"?
Knifey Keith
Knifey Keith
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:43 am

~Awesome!

I was thinking of creating a character who had potential with some kind of power but needed protecting because he was too young. Or someone who is being sought out by an opposing army and vastly outnumbered, and needs help from the inside. Or someone who is going on some type of journey but isn't strong enough to go alone. Does that make sense?
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Knifey Keith Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:02 pm

Makes perfect sense. Now make him twelve feet tall and have big chainsaws for arms and we have a movie.
Knifey Keith
Knifey Keith
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:42 pm

XD

So did you have any ideas for the plot? I didn't have anything set in stone. I thought we could work together.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Knifey Keith Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:57 pm

A chosen child of great mystical power, I'm keen for the culture of the known world to be something a bit alternative to European, Chinese or Japanese culture as many RP's usually go with.

I guess a different sort of approach to battles, diplomacy and travel. Like for example… What if the known world isn't one big mass continent?

What if it's countless small islands closely scattered about and travel among them requires a boat. Were people are of many languages, sub cultures and tribal factions?

But a common religious belief or pantheon may work well for this plot in particular.
Knifey Keith
Knifey Keith
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:02 pm

~That sounds good to me! So maybe instead of European or Asian cultures, something akin to Native American or Middle Eastern cultures?

I like the idea of the continents being split up into smaller land masses. Maybe in this world those with the power are those with the largest navies and those who can control the magic of the wind and the waves.

Maybe we could have a pantheon with each tribe/culture worshiping a certain Deity?
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Knifey Keith Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:06 pm

I'm already doing something somewhat Middle Eastern in another RP.

But I do like the idea of tomahawks, machetes, harpoons and war paint.

Almost like a medieval or dark age level of technology, but with cultures more like Inuit, North American tribes and Aztecs n shit?

The navy and magic idea is dead on, I agree. I think some tribes would have a deity specific to them… But not necessarily all.
Knifey Keith
Knifey Keith
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:08 pm

Yea, I like the idea of the Inuit, North American tribes, Aztecs, maybe even a culture close to Finland or Iceland?

And yea, not all tribes would have to have a specific deity, and some might not worship a deity at all.

So what would the child need to be protected from? Of course there would probably be people or even tribes who might want to use the child for their own ends. But would there be monsters and such?
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Knifey Keith Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:18 pm

I think monsters would for the most part be like evil, supernatural animals/plants, mindless in nature. Like evil bog ogres or tree monsters… Shit like that.

But there would be some intelligent, calculating evil beings, spectres of some sort that want to gain more control of the world and hasten the speed of their slow, dark grip of the world. As if the world is being corrupted and pulled into darkness, and the child directly threatens that. So where some human tribes and kingdoms would wish to use the their to achieve their own goals. There would be that evil force behind the scenes that want the child dead.

Anyway I need to head out for a bit, I'll try and get a few sketches up. Helps me come up with ideas.
Knifey Keith
Knifey Keith
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:33 pm

~Alrighties, that sounds good to me.

So some dark evil is threatening the world? Maybe there could be a god aligned with Discord, Lies, Deceit, and Darkness, something like that, who is slowly corrupting the world through his powers. And the child has been given power or reincarnated or the child of a deity who promotes Peace, Light, Truth, and Hope? And then the other gods are thrown into the mix, each supporting one side but unable to directly interfere?
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Knifey Keith Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:52 pm

Just one more reply before I go gets my shit sorted.

We could always go with the concept that for all the polytheism, all the gods of this and that. The gods worshipped by human beings aren't real; that another force, another group of omnipotent beings is responsible for the creation of the world.

That the child had been gifted by such a force, that their equal and evil counter parts wish to corrupt or unmake what they have made. This whole personified gods thing is old.
Knifey Keith
Knifey Keith
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:28 am

Yea, I definitely like that! So the gods really aren't these immortal beings, but maybe other life forms who have evolved or taken on vast powers. Maybe one of them was tired of the constant fighting amongst the humans, so they decided to slowly corrupt and destroy the world. But another of the "deities" doesn't want that to happen and so gifted the child to stop his or her counterpart?
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Knifey Keith Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:43 am

Sounds about right.

Knifey Keith
Knifey Keith
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:36 pm

~Would you like me to make an OOC now so we can work on our characters?
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Knifey Keith Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:14 am

Sounds like a plan.
Knifey Keith
Knifey Keith
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down