FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello good writers! *Sidles up with cookies, throws liberally*

5 posters

Go down

Little Monster Hello good writers! *Sidles up with cookies, throws liberally*

Post by Emelisa Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:30 am

Today I found a page on wiki answers that asked me if I was looking for a serious and mature roleplaying message board or forum.

"Why yes," I said to the wiki answers page. "Please take me there." The internet parted before me, and there it was: a well-designed webpage that resonated in my soul. The rules spoke of quality standards, and post length, and there was flash.

Today is looking up, I'd say.

More seriously, I'm glad to be here. I'm an aspiring writer, and I like crafting stories with other people, both for enjoyment and to improve my skills. I will be looking around and lurking a bit at first, learning about the site and setting, but I wanted to stop by and say hi. I'm here, and very interested and excited to participate!

I like writing just about any genre, except for historical, because I'm a perfectionist and I hate making setting mistakes. I can provide a writing sample if necessary.
Emelisa
Emelisa
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Little Monster Re: Hello good writers! *Sidles up with cookies, throws liberally*

Post by Gadreille Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:29 pm

Welcome to FOG, Emelisa! You've come to the right place.

It's a shame you don't like historical. I'm a perfectionist too, and I've been itching to try a historical RP with a fellow perfectionist Razz

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. I look forward to seeing you In Character!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Little Monster Re: Hello good writers! *Sidles up with cookies, throws liberally*

Post by Tartra Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:05 pm

I like your avatar. Smile
Tartra
Tartra
Apparition
Apparition

Female

http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2851668/1/The_Other_Kind_of_Roomma

Back to top Go down

Post by Emelisa Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:17 pm

@Tantra: Thank you. Emelisa was my first roleplay character online, and this was the picture I picked out for her. She's always been my favorite gal.

@Gadreille: Thanks, the stories around here seem very interesting and detailed. Looking forward to starting to write. In regards to historical, I also have a lazy streak, and the amount of research required in some settings sets off my procrastination setting.
Emelisa
Emelisa
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:29 pm

Don't I know it! It's hard to put that much research into something that kind of just...falls apart Sad
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Emelisa Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:45 pm

I know what you mean. So many times forum roleplays run long, and people lose interest. also RL happens a lot.
Emelisa
Emelisa
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:11 pm

RL happens a lot. Bane of role-plays everywhere. Sad *sniff*
Ah, but where are my manners?

Welcome to the FOG, Emelisa! cheers

Did you really find us through a wiki answers page? 'Cause that would be awesome! xD

I'm pleased to see you're enjoying your exploration of the site so far. Do feel free to ask lots of questions if you run across them, or even if the whim strikes. ^_^ Right here in your intro thread is a good place, while we're getting to know you anyway.

Eight years! Nice. That's about where I am in this marvelous journey of instantly-gratifying collaborative writing. Thumbs Up

Any role-play experiences that especially stood out for you? Very Happy
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Emelisa Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:58 pm

@Kalon:
Yes, I really did find this place on Wiki Answers! I searched for mature roleplaying on Google and found an advert a few pages down. Glad I did, haha.

Hmm. My favorite roleplay experiences are when your characters do things that you weren't expecting them to do. I have a bard character on a chat roleplay website that fell in love with a rogue that she basically grew up with. And she did it all on her own, without me planning it. My partner and I were a bit surprised.

When characters come alive. The ultimate awesomeness of it.

As for questions...I don't have any yet at the moment. I'm looking around at some of the threads to see what people are interested in writing to see if there are any 'openings' so to speak.
Emelisa
Emelisa
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:06 am

Welcome to FoG, Emelisa! And welcome home Smile

FoG really has become my writing home on the internet, and I know a lot of our members feel the same way! I'm so glad you found us and seem to be enjoying it so far! Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions, and enjoy your stay.

COOKIES! MINE! *snatches cookie in mouth out of thin air* YUM!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down