FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jurassic Park RP (still need writers)

3 posters

Go down

Jurassic Park RP (still need writers) Empty Jurassic Park RP (still need writers)

Post by Sunwolf007 Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:13 pm

Jurassic Park IC

Basic Information:

Ok this RP is going to run along the sameish story line as the Movie Jurassic Park. With the exception it will be our characters running around instead of cannon characters. So like in the movie 40% of the characters that are in this RP will die (4 of the main 10 characters die in the move that’s where I get 40%). If more than 40% kick the bucket that’s just fine. That doesn’t mean you can’t have more than one character. Anyway the Board of Directors is putting pressure on the Owner of the Park to prove that the island is truly safe and an accurate portrayal of what Dinosaurs would act and look like. They want professionals as well as tourists flocking to the park. The Park is scheduled to open in the next year so all the personal would be there preparing the park for its grand opening, as well as a few construction crews.

Map
Spoiler:

Characters:
(please note that I may have you change details)

Death Count:
0 (0%)

Code:

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Job / Profession:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Description:[/b] you may use a photo
[b]Bio:[/b]

For the park staff:

Owner of the park (Filled)
Paleontologist (Filled)
Head of Security / Park Warden (NPC)
Chief Engineer (Filled) [basic job is to run the park from the control room]
Head of Veterinary Medicine (Filled)
Geneticist (Optional)
Administrator of Computer Systems (Optional)
Paleobotany Expert (Optional)
Tour Guide (Optional)

(really I am open to anything if you think you want to try and make a position I say go for it. I personally don’t care if you play a maintenance guy or security guard. Their standard gear for a security guard is a tazer and a baton.)

For Visitors:

Here are just some suggestions for the first Visitors if you can make a specialty fit than go for it because I am open to suggestions.

Paleontologist (Filled)
Paleobotany Expert
Journalist (Filled)
Lawyer
Geneticist
Security Consultant (Filled)
(anything else that could apply)

Current Characters:

Jurassic Park Workers:

Sir Franklin Clifton [Sunwolf007]
Spoiler:

Dr. James Malone [Sunwolf007]
Spoiler:

Avery Feathers [Mitth]
Spoiler:

Roy Matthews [Mitth]
Spoiler:

Chad Alexander [NPC]
Spoiler:

Jurassic Park Visitors:

Jessie Rae Greenwood [Anaris]
Spoiler:

Brighton 'Light' Midden [ravenroses]
Spoiler:

Larson Renolds [DJ Agenda]
Spoiler:

Braden Carson [DJ Agenda]
Spoiler:

Dinosaurs
Note that all the statistics are for fully gown dinosaurs

Name: Tyrannosaurus Rex
Spoiler:

Name: Dilophosaurus
Spoiler:

Name: Utahraptor
Spoiler:

Name: Baryonyx
Spoiler:

Name: Pteranodon
Spoiler:

Name: Brachiosaurs
Spoiler:

Name: Triceratops
Spoiler:

Name: Stegosaurus
Spoiler:

Name: Pachycephalosaurus
Spoiler:

Equipment and Vehicles

Tour Car:
Seats 6 passengers

Jurassic Park RP (still need writers) Tourcar

Equipment in the tour car:

Equipment under each seat:

Spoiler:

Equipment in the glove box:

Spoiler:

Jeep:
Seats 3 passengers

Jurassic Park RP (still need writers) Jeep

Equipment in the jeep:

Equipment in the equipment box:

Spoiler:

Equipment in the glove box:

Spoiler:

Equipment in the back seat:

Spoiler:

Jurassic Park RP (still need writers) VistorsCenter

Equipment in the Visitors Center:

Equipment in the Storage Room:

Spoiler:

Equipment in the Weapons Storage Room:

Spoiler:

I would like to give a shout out to Jurassic Park Legacy. Without that site this RP would be in much sorrier shape. You need to know anything Jurassic Park related that is where you should look first.

Last edited by Sunwolf007 on Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:52 pm; edited 10 times in total (Reason for editing : Add characters to the RP)
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Jurassic Park RP (still need writers) Empty Re: Jurassic Park RP (still need writers)

Post by Guest Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:39 pm

Name: Jessie Rae Greenwood
Job / Profession: Paleontologist
Description:
Jurassic Park RP (still need writers) As_The_Smoke_Clears_by_burcindrummer
Bio: -a small one for now and I'll do a longer one later-
Jessie grew up loving dinosaurus. Nothing made her happier than playing with the toys that were meant for boys. In middle school, she told her parents she wanted to be a paleontologist and that nothing was goingto stop her from doing so. At age 18, she left home and headed to Africa to help with a dig that a friend's father was on. At 20, she returned home and went to college to study paleontology. She graduated a year ahead of schedule and she has been busy on a dig in Australia. When Sir Franklin Clifton asked her to come to Jurassic Park, she leaped at the chance and now she is ready and waiting to visit the island.

Back to top Go down

Jurassic Park RP (still need writers) Empty Re: Jurassic Park RP (still need writers)

Post by ravenroses Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:56 pm

Name: Brighton 'Light' Midden
Job / Profession: Journalist
Description: Jurassic Park RP (still need writers) ThePhotographer
Bio: Brighton gained the nickname Light when he was 11. He was given a camera by his aunt. He began taking pictures with it and couldn't stop. He figured that since a career in photography seemed to eluded him, he'd major in journalism in college. A great magazine took him on as a intern and eventually gave him a job once he graduated. He was always willing to go anywhere his boss told him to and thus he wound up at Jurassic Park.

Last edited by ravenroses on Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
ravenroses
ravenroses
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:57 pm

OK I have your two characters added. I am hoping the other guys show up soon with character profiles so I can see what character slots we have left. If you know anyone that may be interested in joining this RP let them know! We still need people! I like a big group of people (for whatever reason) so hopefully we can get a decent sized group.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitth Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:02 pm

This looks like an interesting rp, so.... Below are two profiles. The first is for one of the Park's staff and the other is, well, for a prominent dinosaur. I wasn't sure if you'd accept the dinosaur one, as the profile skeleton seemed more for people. I thought it'd be fun to try to get into the mind of a carnivorous animal. Well, let me know.

Name: Avery Feathers
Job / Profession: Head of Veterinary Medicine
Description:
Jurassic Park RP (still need writers) Treasure
Bio: A huge fan of animals when she was younger, Avery loves acquiring and applying her knowledge of them. On some level, she considers them the friends she never had in secondary school; on another, she sees them as puzzles to solve--to see why they do what they do, how they work and how to fix them, and especially what factors influence their "decisions" or instincts. Birds are her favorite, followed closely by the cold-blooded.

After college (concentration: OEB - Organismic and Evolutionary Biology), Avery went into graduate school and worked in the zoology labs, both in research and assisting undergraduate courses. When the offer for a position with InGen came, she was ecstatic and gladly accepted. It had been a long-time (disputed) theory that birds had evolved from dinosaurs, and she saw this as the perfect opportunity to delve into the topic.

Name: Blink
Species: Velociraptor
Description: https://2img.net/h/i325.photobucket.com/albums/k378/profile_database/vrsm.jpg

Bio: Hatched from an egg infused with recovered raptor DNA and substituted frog nucleic acids, Blink was one of the first carnivores created on the island. As such, she was "pampered" and watched more than the others that came later, which allowed her close proximity with humans--enough to be familiar with their speech utterances, smell, and general behavior. The individuals in what is now her pack consider her as one of the more adept ones, and accept her leadership when rank is pulled. She was give the name Blink as something of a joke, having been known among her caretakers for her unnerving stare...as if she understood them, as if she was plotting something....

Last edited by Mitth on Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : No dino profiles.....)
Mitth
Mitth
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:43 am

Ok I was totally not thinking of having someone RP a dino. Sorry. But your Vet character is accepted. I know I haven't posted much or PMed much about this RP but here is the scoop:

Right now we are waiting on two people who reserved character slots and have yet to turn in character profiles. I am PMing those two people and telling them they have a week (unless they change my mind) to turn in a character profile. If that doesn't happen I will open up the reserved character slots again and hope someone wants to fill it. Sorry this is taking so long.

Anyway if anyone know someone that might be interested in this RP send them a PM. If we end up short two writers I will send out another batch of PMs to unsuspecting active people again. I look forward to the actual start of this RP.

Edit: One of the writers confirmed their withdraw from this RP. So that means we need a writer for the Chief Engineer. If anyone wants to make another character I am ok with it.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:21 pm

Name: Larson Renolds

Job / Profession: Security Consultant

Description:

Jurassic Park RP (still need writers) Smallscreen004

Larson, born in England, has always had the spirit for adventure. He graduated from Oxford with high honors and jumped straight into the military for two years. He left later to join a private security corporation called Natla. Since then, he has worked for them as an internation security consultant; on loan to several companies that require an examination in their own security utilities. Natlas clients rely on his expertise to further advance their systems and protect their assests.

Larson is fond of firearms and is never caught without at least one on him. Typically, he'll carry twin Heckler & Koch 9mms, strapped to holsters at his sides. Co-workers often tease that he's a "male tomb raider", but they quickly shut up when he glares back.

Name: Braden Carson

Job / Profession: Security Consultant

Description:

Jurassic Park RP (still need writers) 89d4

Mr. Carson is the current CEO of Natla Securities and has been running the company since its birth in 1987. Having all the richies in the world at his disposal he will want to show it. Arrogant and cocky, this self-righteous billionaire will make his presence known as soon as he walks through the door. Carson will always wear a suit no matter the environment or condition, wanting to look his best in case there are any press hiding in the bushes or around the corner.

Carson claims to be here in order to supervise his professional's mission at examining the security of Jurassic Park; but he's really just here to tour and flash his money. Arriving on an island claiming to have brought back an extinct species is his ticket to becoming even more well known.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitth Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:39 am

Hmm, if no one wants to take the Engineer, I can. =)
(But, do you supposed it'd be better to have him/her be male or female? *ponders*)

But the profile won't be up until Friday, the earliest because I've a midterm tomorrow. =/
Mitth
Mitth
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:25 pm

Mitth wrote:Hmm, if no one wants to take the Engineer, I can. =)
(But, do you supposed it'd be better to have him/her be male or female? *ponders*)

But the profile won't be up until Friday, the earliest because I've a midterm tomorrow. =/

Doesn't matter to me. I will reserve the character for you.

Ok here is what is going on with this RP. I am much more used to getting an RP running in 2 weeks but I am guessing stuff moves slower on this site. Anyway that aside I am thinking that I have anyone who would want to join already interested with all the PMs I sent out. So my plan is to get this RP started by the 3rd of November. So that means all the slots that are labeled (Needed) will be filled with NPCs if no one wants to create a character for them. I will just throw together some semblance of a character profile for them and label them NPC. Also I take a great effort to keep the first post up to date so if you need any quick reference information it should be there. If its not let me know and I can update it or add anything you want to it. I have found that the first post being a giant reference works great for finding those small details that you need to remember about the realm.

Anyway that’s my plan so if you have any ideas or want to reserve a character slot post here or PM me. Otherwise you can add me to your AIM and hope that we are on at the same time if you want to chat. I am looking forward to this RP and hope that everyone else is as well! If you have any questions or want to work something out for character interactions just PM me or post them here.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitth Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:27 am

Name: Roy Matthews
Job / Profession: Chief Engineer
Description:
Jurassic Park RP (still need writers) Mysteriousskinpubf

Bio: A precocious kid, Roy was far ahead of his class in terms of math and science. When the others were learning multiplication and reveling in long division, he was already onto algebra. By the they his peers got there, it was calculus for him. Science was his star subject, and building things was his hobby. While others were out playing ball or running track, he was inside, dismantling malfunctioning hardware and concocting devices out of household items. He gained intimate knowledge of how machines work through his younger years tinkering with broken appliances.

When he entered college, he knew he wanted to do engineering--biomedical engineering to complement his lofty PreMed goals--and jumped into the required courses straight away. Unfortunately, he found computer science infinitely more interesting than biology and tweaked his educational path accordingly.

A hard worker, Roy is only on the "Cretaceous" Park (he refuses to call it by the wrong time era) team because he wanted a challenge. That, and being isolated on an island suits his social awkwardness better (e.g. he comes in contact with less people). Algorithms, physics, and ingenuity to him are what dinosaur models are to those little zealous kids. He couldn't care less about the park's exhibits.

Most people would probably find him strange and inaccessible, with his nerdy jokes and technological references. Those who gain his favor, however, will find themselves a loyal friend--or nosy clinger at least.

His social skills have improved since high school, when he was the bullseye for bullies and mean jokes. He doesn't back down often anymore, but still has semi-thick glasses. He works hard, but sometimes still seems a bit "off." That doesn't stop him from trying (often futilely) to be chivalrous, though. Innovation and repair was his whole educational career, working with robotics research labs as well as programming for a leisure robotics team, up until teh acceptance of InGen's offer.

Last edited by Mitth on Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:41 am; edited 2 times in total
Mitth
Mitth
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:51 pm

The profile itself looks great but as for the job choice I don't think it will work. The Chief engineer needs experience in three areas (well according to the description in the book that I remember): Engineering, Mechanical repair, and Computer programing. If you just want to change his job title to Administrator of Computer Systems that would work for the character as is. If you still want Chief Engineer you would have to modify his background to incorporate those three experiences. In the book the Chief Engineer had worked at a theme park with a bunch of rides. Something kinda like that is what I am looking for in a Chief Engineer.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitth Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:39 am

How's that? (Edited above.)
Mitth
Mitth
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:23 pm

Much better. I will add him to the first post.

edit: Ok as promised for today I have made the first post. Below is a link to the thread.

Jurassic Park IC
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:12 pm

Got your PM and I'm writing a post right now. See ya'll IC.

EDIT: Posted for Larson. I won't linger to much with my secondary character (can't even remember his name right now xD ). But I'll have him pop in on occassion to brag about his business and money and fame and fortune and hair and women and suite tickes and .... you get the idea.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:07 pm

Ok sounds good. I will keep that in mind when thinking of when to advance storyline related events. I am going to wait at least until tomorrow before my next post. Want to give the other two a chance to get a post up. Then I will get the tour at lest started maybe to the first stop (of 4). With this many stops it should give us enough time to develop some character relations with each other. Then the running and screaming will start. I think I will start it off by taking out the NPC. My first name choice for him was Gaius Maximus Deathis. Then I figured it was way to Latin. Laughing

Anyway that's my outline for the immediate future. I figure the details will fall into place with all of the writers. Now I am off to work on Gaius', I mean Chad's background. And by that I mean look at a game review before doing any work at all. Wink
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:21 pm

OK so I waited a bit longer than I should have hoping that our missing writers would show up. Well I guess we will just have to carry on without them for the time being. So I got a post up and am hoping nobody else forgot about this RP.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:05 pm

and am hoping nobody else forgot about this RP.

*cough* XD

Working on a post right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitth Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:08 pm

Sorry for the extreme lateness.... Thermodynamics took me hostage for a semester of inhumane torture. (Yay, the life of an engineer-to-be....)
Mitth
Mitth
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down