FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good Day.

+3
Kalon Ordona II
Lord Revan
Scheherazade
7 posters

Go down

Good Day. Empty Good Day.

Post by Scheherazade Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:06 am

Advanced and Expert roleplaying, hm? This is far too interesting to pass up. While, admittedly, I'm not the best roleplayer, I would like to at least think I'm within the 'advanced' caliber. I hope I will be up to your standards, all.

A few notes:

I am currently in college. I enjoy most roleplaying genres, and as for character design, I prefer the intelligent type with large deficiencies, personality-wise. I'm interested in things like, say, reading books, playing video games, and having philosophical conversations. I'm female, if you couldn't guess by the name.

...Oh, and I tend to be semi-okay at posting frequently. I've got things going on a lot of the time, so, that sucks. D:
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Good Day. Empty Re: Good Day.

Post by Lord Revan Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:58 am

Welcome to FoG, Scheherazade. It's always good to meet fellow Roleplaying fans! I am Marc, and I am an OOC Mod, so if you have any questions, concerns, feel free to contact myself, or any other staff and we will be very glad to help. I hope to talk to you soon, enjoy yourself!

Marc
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:13 am

Welcome to the FOG, Scheherazade! cheers
I had to hold myself back from copy-pasting that. At first I read: Sharade. Laughing
She was the one in One Thousand And One Nights, right? Awesome username to have. Nod

No worries if you're feeling daunted by Advanced-ness. We're about improving ourselves and striving for excellence, not showing off walls of text. Nod We have many resources to help us all improve writing, and we also have Casual areas as well. Very Happy

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Right here in your intro thread is a good place, while we're getting to know you anyway.

Good luck with college! Very Happy
Happy writing, and enjoy the swirly mists! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Scheherazade Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:37 am

Thanks, the two of you~ It's a great feeling, being welcome in an alien place.

And, to answer your question, Kalon, sort... Of. She was the person who told the 1,001 tales to some obscure Persian king whose name I cannot remember, so as to prevent her execution. Each night, she finished the previous tale, and began an even more exciting one. One might say she was a master of psychology, in that respect, as she knew that it would entice the king into calling off her execution for another day, for one thousand and one days. She is, by far, my favorite fictional character ever~ :3
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:58 am

Riiiight, the one with Aladdin and Ali Baba and all those.
Very clever. The power of storytelling. The writer's aspiration.
"Ah, but if you kill me, how will you EVER find out the end of the story?" Flirt
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:27 am

Scheherazade wrote:Advanced and Expert roleplaying, hm? This is far too interesting to pass up. While, admittedly, I'm not the best roleplayer, I would like to at least think I'm within the 'advanced' caliber. I hope I will be up to your standards, all.

A few notes:

I am currently in college. I enjoy most roleplaying genres, and as for character design, I prefer the intelligent type with large deficiencies, personality-wise. I'm interested in things like, say, reading books, playing video games, and having philosophical conversations. I'm female, if you couldn't guess by the name.

...Oh, and I tend to be semi-okay at posting frequently. I've got things going on a lot of the time, so, that sucks. D:
Hi, Schehrazade! Wow, that is quite a mouthful. Very Happy How do you pronounce that?

Welcome to FoG! I'm Fate. If you ever should have any questions or need help with anything, always feel welcome to drop me or any of the moderators here a PM.

Smart characters with personality deficiencies? That sounds like a lot of fun! I love interesting characters like that, especially ones that break out of the cookie-cutter mold. It'll be great to see your characters in a role-play. ^^

No worries about being somewhat busy. Life can get in the way sometimes of posting frequently. It has for me lately!

Well, I hope you enjoy yourself here. Smile
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Probably sheh-HARE-uh-zod, or sheh-Hare-uh-ZAH-day.
Let's see. xD *googles on Google*

Apparently it's more like
shuh-Hare-uh-SOD, with the stress on the 4th syllable and more of an S than a Z.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Misery Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:38 am

Excellent choice for a name, if not perhaps a bit presumptuous. Wink

Welcome aboard.
Misery
Misery
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:47 pm

Greetings, Scheherazade!

Good Day. Welcom10

Welcome to Footsteps of Ghosts!

Check out our rules, etiquette and "What is FOG?" sections.

If you want to discover our newest features or share feedback about the site, stop by the news and announcements area. If you have any trouble using the forum itself, try the FAQ.

If you have any questions, our staff will be more than happy to assist you.

We also have a chat room if you would like to talk to our members now.

Take a moment to browse our forums and perhaps find a role-play to your liking, a place to receive input on your works of literature or simply to converse with people of similar interests.

I also like your name choice. I hope you have a pleasant stay here at FOG!
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:25 pm

Welcome to FoG! I love the history behind your username! Like Fate said, don't worry about real life getting in the way. Many of us have been or are currently in college and can definitely relate to the crazy busy schedule. Looks like most the advice has already been given, so I'll just say enjoy your stay and please ask if you have any questions!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down