FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beauty and the Beast (Lamenting_Quill and DarkGoddess)

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Beauty and the Beast (Lamenting_Quill and DarkGoddess) Empty Beauty and the Beast (Lamenting_Quill and DarkGoddess)

Post by Lamenting_Quill Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:14 am

Tears streaked down her soft cheeks to mingle with the heavy rainfall pounding down over her as she ran, she thought it was going to be different this time! She thought this was her chance to start over in a brand new place where no one knew her or her secrets.
A witch they were calling her now, though it was mostly her own fault... she should have kept her mouth shut after bumping into that man... She never should have gone to the village constable after receiving those images of the man's dead wife and the location of her body...
She only wanted justice for the poor woman, she had to watch the scene play out in her mind as the woman's husband murdered her and dumped her in the woods for the wolves, she never wanted any of this!

Lily should known how very easy it would be for the man accused to turn it all on her and accuse her of being the true murderer and a witch, she should have known better than to speak up.
Now here she was, running through the dark and damp forest after she had hit the constable over the head when he had taken her to his jail.
She had to find a place to hide or else a mob would surely catch up with her and have her burning to crisp before she could count to three.
A scream tore through Lily's throat as her foot caught on a fallen log and sending her spiraling to the ground, mud smeared her lavender tunic as she scrambled to her knees.

Looking up into the distance, Lily could see a towering keep... it was the old Yorkfield castle, completely abandoned from the stories she'd heard... the perfect place to hide! The villagers were afraid of the place and would never search for her there!
Pushing herself up to her feet, Lily made a mad run for the direction of the castle. All she needed was to find a room that wasn't in too much of disrepair and she could hide out for quite awhile.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Lily stood now she the sturdy doors of the castle, her heart thumping wildly in her chest. This had not seemed so frightening when she first thought of it...
Drawing a deep breath into her lungs, Lily placed her hands on the doors and pushed them open. She had to get inside before she fell ill and died from sickness.
As she entered and shut the doors behind her, Lily was stunned to find that there were torches all along the wall brightly burning... was this place truly abandoned? Or maybe it was haunted?
“Hello?” Lily called out, rubbing her arms for warmth as she walked forward into the castle's foyer “Is there anyone here? I need help! Hello?”
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Beauty and the Beast (Lamenting_Quill and DarkGoddess) Empty Re: Beauty and the Beast (Lamenting_Quill and DarkGoddess)

Post by DarkGoddess Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:39 am

The old keep was one of those places where stories were fostered every other day. It was an imposing structure, one that spurned children to come up with stories of what happened inside its walls, and how much would still be there if they went to look for it.

Of course, then the children would shiver, decide against tempting the fates, and run back home to their parents. For good reason too. For inside the walls, there would be beauty beyond what they had imagined, but terrors far worse as well.

Not that the man--rather, creature--who lived there was a monster. He didn't consider himself as such. He read in the library, he hunted the woods for food. He kept the place clean. At least, the rooms he frequented.

No one would expect this from the beast though.

The beast that, at that very moment was leafing through an old book. His clawed hands held the book gently and despite the sharpness of his claws, they did not mar the leather cover nor the yellowed pages.

With a sigh, he closed the book and stood with some difficulty. His hind legs were in the shape of a regular wolf's legs, but he couldn't walk on four legs, as his arms were still human, albeit lined with fur and clawed. He got by with the use of a cane for the most part.

He placed the book back gently on the shelf where he found it and turned to leave. It was late, he was tired. But as he placed his clawed hand on the handle of the library door, he heard the large doors to the keep open, then close. A small gust of air blew the scents of trees, recent rain and moist soil into his nose, along with one other scent: the scent of a girl.

A girl who was running, judging by the scent of sweat as well as the gasping of her breath. Underneathe the surface scent was a far more pleasant scent. Similar to the treat the beast had as a child, fresh honey and crisp apples on a warm autumn afternoon...

"“Hello?” The girl called out, footsteps signalling her nearing the library door. “Is there anyone here? I need help! Hello?”"

He took a step forward, then back again. She wouldn't want to see a monster such as him if she needed help. "Girl, perhaps it would be best for you to move along." He called out to her through the door, hiding his face from her while at the same time unable to hide the rough tone of his voice.
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Beauty and the Beast (Lamenting_Quill and DarkGoddess) Empty Re: Beauty and the Beast (Lamenting_Quill and DarkGoddess)

Post by Lamenting_Quill Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:02 pm

"Girl, perhaps it would be best for you to move along"

She wouldn't deny the rough voice startled her quite a bit, but she was in very dire circumstances and she would take whatever was in here over what waited for her out there.
"Please, I've been accused of something I did not do! I cannot go back out there, please let me hide here! I won't be any trouble, I swear!"

If the stranger turned her away, Lily would surely be put to death by the villagers. The only one whom just might come to her rescue would be Etienne Josalle, the Frenchman residing in the village with quite an infatuation with Lily.
Etienne was young and handsome to be sure and a great hunter, but he was also arrogant and vain, she couldn't stand the man and she wasn't willing to put chances on whether or not he'd help her.

"I didn't do anything wrong, I tried to bring a murderer to justice and I was blamed instead" Lily tried to explain, though avoiding the subject of her rather strange abilities "Please sir, I ask for nothing for a safe place to hide until I am able to make my way to the next village to the north. I'll do anything you ask, just please don't send me away!"

It was quite dark in the foyer despite the torches lining the walls, the stranger was hidden mostly behind the slightly cracked open door, it was obvious that he did not wish to be seen. Why?
He was very tall, she could make out that much in the shadows. He had to be at least 5'7 or 5'9, he was most definitely a few heads taller than her 5'2. It made her feel very small.

Her bright ice blue eyes gazed around the foyer to actually take it in this time, everything looked very nice and kept up. The rumors that this castle was abandoned were obviously untrue, but then...... why was everyone so afraid of this place? Lily wanted to know.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:35 pm

He heard her gasp slightly when he spoke. Hopefully, that would be enough to scare her away. Perhaps it would spread the story that the keep was haunted and it would keep people away.

But his hopes were dashed when she pressed on. "Please, I've been accused of something I did not do! I cannot go back out there, please let me hide here! I won't be any trouble, I swear!" She sounded terrified, though he thought, not of his doing.

"I didn't do anything wrong, I tried to bring a murderer to justice and I was blamed instead" She continued as she walked further into the keep. She eventually emerged in a pool of light, and he could see her face. She was a tiny thing, only 5'2 or 5'3 at the most. She had lovely features set in a pretty face, but all her features were dominated by the bright eyes, framed with dark eyelashes.

Dark hair spilled over her shoulders, reaching her narrow waist in curls. The monster's eyes kept being drawn to her hair, the way the light caught and reflected it. For the first time in years, he found himself yearning once again for the ability to see colour. He had lost that when he had lost his life. But to see her in more than shades of black and grey, he wished for it desperately.

"Please sir, I ask for nothing for a safe place to hide until I am able to make my way to the next village to the north. I'll do anything you ask, just please don't send me away!"

He growled involuntarily, glancing away from the girl. She wanted to stay?

"Stay then." He growled, voice sounding all the more feral because of it. "There are rooms upstairs. Do not take the first to the right." He didn't know why he was giving her the chance. She intrigued him. But he wouldn't let her see his hideous face.

He knew she wouldn't be happy with the room. It'd be covered in a thick layer of dust and grime. He didn't clean the rooms he didn't use, afterall. But he would not leave the library until he knew she was gone.
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:15 pm

"Stay then." He growled, voice sounding all the more feral because of it. "There are rooms upstairs. Do not take the first to the right."

Relief flooded Lily's chest and she took a step forward with intentions to thank him from the very bottom of her heart, but she stopped when she saw him take a step back. He was obviously very shy and pushing him now might upset him and make him tell her to leave, it was best to wait until he trusted her more to try and strike a friendship.

"Thank you so very much, I am so grateful" Lily said sincerely before she left it at that and made her way towards the stairs he indicated was okay to travel and walked up to follow the hall until she found the rooms he mentioned.
She wrinkled her nose when she entered further into the hall, it was covered in dust and grime, it was obvious her host lived alone and had no help cleaning this residence.
"Well" Lily said to herself with a bright smile "I'll just show my gratitude by cleaning the place up, that should be a very nice surprise"
Pushing up her sleeves, Lily went in search of a broom, mop and bucket, it was time to get to work.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

By the time she was finished, it was most likely near midnight and she was exhausted, but the hallway and most of the rooms were livable now.
She entered the room she'd chosen and fell upon the bed, it still smelled a little musty, but it wasn't too bad anymore after she'd beaten the dust out of the blankets and at least the mattress was comfortable.

Sleep was not hard to find once she'd gotten comfy, she was so tired from running and cleaning.
She was safe now for the time being and could rest without fear, none of those cretins would look for her here
Her thoughts faded as she fell into a deep sleep and her mind was instead filled with dreams, dreams of a handsome stranger whispering words of comfort to her.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Etienne paced the tavern in a rage, he'd known about Lily's abilities even though she had not realized he knew the truth, why couldn't that foolish girl have kept her mouth shut about Reginald Tucker.
He'd have to rescue her once the villagers found her and brought her back to the village, he would of course demand marriage in exchange for saving her from the burning at the stake.
"Etienne, what do you want with a witch anyway?" Cooper asked from the chair he sat in, watching the handsome hunter pace "Sure she's pretty, whats the fuss?"

"She's not a witch!" Etienne snarled at Cooper, if he wasn't the constables son, he wouldn't even bother with the idiot "She's the most beautiful woman in the village and thats what I deserve to have as my wife! I want Lily and I will have her, your job is to make sure the charges on her are dropped so I can claim responsibility and demand she marry me for it"
Cooper nodded stupidly "Yea, I know. Don't worry, your paying me well enough, so I won't mess it up"
"See to it that you don't" Etienne said darkly, casting a cold glare on Cooper "I'll end you in my beautiful bride burns"
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:33 pm

She stepped forward just as he stepped back. "Go." He replied before she had the chance to go any closer.

"Thank you so very much, I am so grateful" She said sincerely before following his directions upstairs. He heard one of the doors open, then silence save for the muffled footsteps upstairs.

He left the room once he was sure she would remain upstairs. He gripped the cane carefully. When his hands were human, it had lain untouched in his late father's room for years. But it served his needs now, when it was far too small for his oversized hands. But he still hobbled along. The cane was better than nothing.

He made his way to the kitchen, where he checked the ice box in the fridge. It was empty. The pantry held a barrel of salt pork, something he had lost his taste for in recent years. There was a box with onions, potatoes and carrots in it. But that was it. More than enough for himself, but what would a girl want?

He wouldn't be able to get flour, sugar, or anything like that. Perhaps he could get some fresh pork, beef or chicken if he were daring enough to go to the nearby town. Generally, he tried to stay away from the town. Not that the villagers old enough to remember him would recognize him, but he did not want to incite a mob.

He left through the front door, where he left the cane by the door, and ran off into the woods. that was the thing with his hind legs: they were painful to walk with, but decent for running. He sniffed, checking the wind for nearby animals. This time of year, deer tended to roam nearby. Sure enough, he caught the musky scent of a young buck nearby.

He took off in the direction of the scent, taking the long, loping strides he was accustomed to in the forest. An hour later, it was close to midnight and he was returning with the creature over his shoulder. He hobbled to the kitchen, where he spent the next hour skinning and slicing the meat off the creature.

He placed the meat in the icebox where she would see it if she went looking the next morning. The bones, he put in a large pot with water. He stoked the fire until the water began to boil, and he left it like that. There would be broth for later, if he were motivated to make soup.

He climbed the stairs to his room. The girl was in her room, further down the hall. He heard her moving about, a disappointment for himself. He wished she were fast asleep, he wanted to see her again. She was interesting. He wouldn't do anything to her, just look. But she was awake.

He went into his room, a small, square room with a four-post canopy bed. There were torches by his bed, as well as candles on his dresser. He snuffed the candles on his dresser, then climbed into bed. He left the torches burning. He was a light sleeper and would notice the scent if something caught fire.

He fell asleep quikly, but the sleep was disturbed and restless, filled with dreams in colours he barely remembered.

By the time she was finished, it was most likely near midnight and she was exhausted, but the hallway and most of the rooms were livable now.
She entered the room she'd chosen and fell upon the bed, it still smelled a little musty, but it wasn't too bad anymore after she'd beaten the dust out of the blankets and at least the mattress was comfortable.

Sleep was not hard to find once she'd gotten comfy, she was so tired from running and cleaning.
She was safe now for the time being and could rest without fear, none of those cretins would look for her here
Her thoughts faded as she fell into a deep sleep and her mind was instead filled with dreams, dreams of a handsome stranger whispering words of comfort to her.
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:39 pm

When morning came, light filtered in through the thin windows of the bedchamber, streaking across her eyes and causing her to stir.
Her bright ice blue orbs were revealed bit by by as her eyes began to flutter open, she sat up and smiled when she realized that her deliverance from a fiery death had not been a dream. She was safe.

Swinging her legs over the bed, Lily looked down at her filthy tunic and nibbled her lip in disgust. She was glad she'd cleaned the rooms wash room the other day.
Standing up, Lily made her way across the room to the wash room's door and entered. She quickly stripped off the dirty garments before before made her way to large sink and pulled on the water pumps lever to fill the large basin with clear water.
After awhile of scrubbing her clothes, they were finally presentable again and she laid them over the bath tubs edge to dry. She only wished she had other clothes to wear while her tunic and leggings dried.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

After she was dressed and clean, Lily emerged from the room to try and find her host, she realized he did not know her name and she did not know his.
Her leather boots made soft sounds across the sandstone floor as she wandered the halls "Hey, Are you here? I forgot to ask your name. Hello? Where are you?"
She glanced all around as she walked the halls, there were a few painted portraits here and there. Lily stopped in her tracks as she came to one portrait that made her heart catch in her throat, It was a man... a gorgeously beautiful man "Well hello there, handsome"

A soft little giggle came from Lily before she forced herself to continue on in search of the man whom had granted her salvation .
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:22 pm

The light sleeper that he was, he woke up to motion in the room next to his. He sat upright in bed, forgetting in his sleep-clouded thoughts that he had allowed a girl to stay there to protect her life.

He lifted a clawed hand, placing his forehead in it and sighing. Why had he done that? He knew that in his state, no one would attempt to know him. He was a monster on the outside, because of what some silly witch had said he was inside.

She's see him, scream, and run. Or faint. But either way, she would leave as soon as possible. He should have sent her on her way last night.

He swung his legs over the edge of the bed, grasped his cane, and stood. He left the room, closing the door softly so as to avoid having the girl notice the door.

Slowly, he made his way downstairs, then to the kitchen. He took the pot with bones in it off the stove, placing it on a table near the window to cool it off. It'd been boiling most of the night until the fire had died down. Any meat that had stuck to the bones would have boiled off it by then.

He went to the pantry, taking out what was left of the vegetables. It was the last he had left after the last time he had risked going into the town at night. He'd been chased by angry townsfolk until he had gotten them lost in the woods. That'd been a year ago.

He placed the vegetables on the table, cutting them into chunks and depositing the vegetables into the pot. He would take the bones out when the water cooled enough, then replace it on the stove to cook most of the day. On a whim, he took some of the veal in the icebox and cubed it, adding it to the pot.

He liked to cook. It was a domestic task he'd been forced to take when he put himself into seclusion. He'd never admit he enjoyed it; men didn't like to cook, they liked to hunt. But there was something soothing about the repetitive tasks that were included in the process.
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:20 pm

As she combed the castle for her savior, Lily couldn't get the man from the portrait out of her head, those piercing emerald green eyes and those beautiful shimmering golden curls, curving angelically around his ears. It was like his locks kissed by the sun itself, truly breathtaking.

She shook her head and chuckled at herself as she made her way downstairs to check the kitchens, it was early morning, so maybe he was grabbing some breakfast.
Lily wanted very much to thank him, if not for his agreement to let her hide here, she would surely be dead right now. She wanted to know his face, know his name.

Lily smiled as she found her way to the right door, she could hear a pot boiling and food being tossed into the water.
She pushed open the door and stepped inside "Hello? Are you in here? I wanted to thank you for helping me and give you my name..."
It was then that she saw him and stepped back with a soft cry of surprised alarm, one hand covering her mouth to hold back a scream.
Werewolves were said to have been driven off from this area a long time ago, but from what she'd heard from myths and stories, they were not an evil sort.

He however, he looked strange... a far cry from the pictures she'd seen sketched, his form seemed caught between that of a man and his werewolf form.
Forcing her hysteria down, Lily turned her bright ice blue gaze back to him "Well, this explains why you didn't want me to see you last night. If you are wondering why I am not running off screaming, I am a bit of a freak myself, I can move things with my mind and I can see the past of objects or people by touching them"

Normally in a situation this awkward, Lily wouldn't have bothered with an explantion, but he seemed absolutely mortified and for some reason, she wanted to put him at ease.
"I know what it's like to be an outcast" She continued "I've had to move from village to village because of these accused abilities I have, they have brought me nothing but trouble and loneliness"

She took a step towards him and cocked her head "You know, after a second look... it's not so bad. Think of it this way, you could be covered in warts, right?"
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:36 am

"Hello? Are you in here? I wanted to thank you for helping me and give you my name..."

She moved quietly, more so than he had expected. He had only an instant of hearing her approach before she spoke, and no time to hide from her. He saw her a minute before she saw him, enough time for him to see her face go from lovely, bright and smiling, to her freezing, taking a step back and her scream only being a gasp that was stifled by her hand clapping over her face.

He held his hands up, trying to show her he meant her no harm. But she recovered quickly. "Well, this explains why you didn't want me to see you last night. If you are wondering why I am not running off screaming, I am a bit of a freak myself, I can move things with my mind and I can see the past of objects or people by touching them.

"I know what it's like to be an outcast" She continued. She smiled at him, seeming to attempt to put his mind at ease. He thought he understood why, it was the sense of companionship. She thought that since she was different, they'd get along. Although, the nasty voice in the back of his head informed him that she was probably just trying to find a place to stay, and she was afraid he'd kick her out.

"I've had to move from village to village because of these accused abilities I have, they have brought me nothing but trouble and loneliness." She took a step forward, tilting her head to the side not unlike a wolf would. "You know, after a second look... it's not so bad. Think of it this way, you could be covered in warts, right?"

He bared his teeth, the silent wolf laughter far more natural to him than the sound of human laughter after years in solitude. It didn't occur to him that it might frighten her, that it appeared similar to a snarl. But it only lasted a few seconds before he slammed the wall back up. She just wanted safety, he reminded himself. There was no other reason for her to be so nice to someone so ugly. "There isn't much to eat. Soup will be ready later today. There's food in there." He lifted his free hand and jabbed his thumb at the pantry door.

Never before was he so aware of the form he was forced to remain in. The hind legs of a wolf fastened to the torso of a man. He had no tail, making it difficult for him to balance. His shoulders, arms and hands were human, but the hands had pads on the palm and claws rather than fingernails.

His face, that was the worst part. Not quite that of a full wolf's. The snout wasn't fully extended like a snout, giving him the blessing to still be able to utilize human speech, however garbled it may sound. His teeth matched that of a human's, but his eyeteeth were much much sharper.

His eyes were set forward in his face, giving him a hunter's vision. Unfortunately, he had a wolf's eyes as well. He could read late into the night without needing to light a torch, but the beauty of colours was no longer available to him.

"I...saw what you did last night," he added, feeling obligated to thank her though not quite sure how. "it has not been that clean in a long time." He didn't know whether or not that would be an apt display of gratitude or not, so he left it at that, and went back to cubing the veal.
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:28 am

Lily smiled brightly as he complimented her work on the upstairs hall, she was thoroughly pleased that he liked it "Thank you for the compliment, no matter how veiled it was. I was happy to do it, you saved my life..."
Her expression grew sort of sorrowful after that and her smile was halfhearted "No one has ever really cared before what happened to me... I'm either just a pretty face or a total freak..."

With a heavy sigh, Lily decided now was not at all the time to be feeling sorry for herself, especially when her host here seemed to have it just as rough.
She edged closer she was standing beside him where he was cubing the veal "That looks good, you seem to know what you're doing. Think you might be able to teach me how to cube like that before I leave? I can cook, but I can never seem to cube anything from meat to potatoes, always ends up in some weird looking chunk shape"

She chuckled softly and smiled, this guy whomever he was really seemed quite sad inside even if he didn't want to show it. He must have lived a life just as lonely as she had, it broke her heart; Being judged by appearance alone or circumstances beyond your control was just not fair.
"So um" Lily started, reaching for something to talk about "What's your name? Mine is Lily, well Liliana, but I prefer Lily"

She reached to touch his arm in a friendly gesture and gasped when images began to flood her mind, images of the man from the portrait and a very upset young woman... magic... strong magic... a curse...
When the images stopped and she saw him staring at her, she shook her head and took a step back, her face held a look of remorse "I... I'm sorry... I didn't mean to pry... I... I'm really sorry..."

Turning before tears could touch her eyes, Lily began to head towards the kitchen door, she'd gone and done it again. This stupid ability... it made her look nosy, when it truth she really didn't want to pry into people's private pasts. It wasn't any of her business.
She had probably just ruined any chances now of having her first real friend.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:25 am

She continued speaking about being glad he liked her work. Her expression was bright for one moment before falling again. "No one has ever really cared before what happened to me... I'm either just a pretty face or a total freak..." she added, her smile seeming forced.

But she sighed, seemed to shake herself of whatever thought was bugging her, and took a step forward to watch him work. He was very aware of where she was, even though he didn't look at her. From the doorway, with no breeze to move her scent around, he couldn't catch her scent. But as she walked closer, the smell caught him by surprise.

Freshly sliced apples dipped in honey, crisp, tart and yet sweet. On top of all that, the scent of soap, the rough wool of her tunic and the earthy scent of leather from her boots. Her tunic, he had noticed, was cleaner than the night before but he could still smell dirt, grass and wood from the clothes.

Despite himself, he breathed in deeply again, trying to collect every single drop of that scent; the bouquet she didn't even seem to be aware of.

"So, um," He snapped back to attention when she began to speak again. "What's your name? Mine is Lily, well Liliana, but I prefer Lily."

He went to reply, but she reached out to touch him on the arm when she went slack, still standing but not there. Her eyes had glazed over. He was confused at first, but then he recalled her words from before. "I can move things with my mind and I can see the past of objects or people by touching them.."

Immediately he jerked his arm away. He did not want his story to be known by just anyone. She came back to the present shortly afterward, and she just then seemed to realize what she had done. "I... I'm sorry... I didn't mean to pry... I... I'm really sorry..."

He had clenched his hands, his claws digging holes into the pads of his hands. "Go." He said, voice rumbling deep in his chest and accompanied by the growl he had had in his voice last night. He did not want her to face his anger, even though her actions were the subject of it.
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:34 pm

Regret and sorrow gripped poor Lily's heart like a vice, she never meant to hurt anyone and she most definitely never meant to get bits and pieces of his past.
She wasn't even quite sure what happened anyway, the images were too scattered and random. Nothing to get a solid idea from.
Aside from the fact that it was obvious he was cursed, the woman in the images was probably a witch. Though she had to wonder what he'd done to deserve her wrath...

She supposed it didn't matter now, because he was probably going to banish her from the castle now, even though she truly was sorry.
"I guess my life really is best spent alone" Lily whispered to herself as she ventured through the halls back towards the stairs to return to the room she'd been residing in.
Unable to stop herself though as she reached the top of the stairs, Lily glanced in the direction of the hall that she'd been told not to venture into.
What was he hiding in there? Did it have anything to do with the images she saw? Could it tell her more about this mysterious creature and the curse placed upon him?

"I must be crazy" Lily groaned to herself as her feet took her down the forbidden hallway.
Her eyes scanned the doors as she walked, trying to decide which one to open until she came to one door that looked quite well taken care of.
It was carved from chestnut from the looks of it, beautiful designs etched into the grain of the wood. She couldn't stop herself from walking to the door and grasping the handle, she turned it and much to her surprise... it was unlocked...

She felt positively awful for disobeying him, but she just wanted so badly to understand him better, she wanted to be able to help him. He didn't seem to have anyone else willing to care.
With a deep breath, Lily pushed the door and entered...
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:17 pm

Before she turned to leave, he saw a glimpse of tears in her eyes. But he couldn't register it in his anger. Once she had left the room, he threw the cane to the ground and stalked out of the keep. He took off, not far from the keep and in the opposite direction of the town. In his anger, when he finished running he swung his arm angrily toward a young tree. His claws scratched an inch into the surface of the tree; nearly halfway through and certainly enough to kill the tree.

At the same time, he let out a loud, animalistic roar, one that would have rivaled that of a lion's. When he had expelled most of the air in his lungs, he lapsed into a heavy pant. He was no longer angry, just tired.

People didn't know him. People with a long memory might have remembered the days where he and his father regularly rode into the town to purchase items they needed. But his father had died seven years ago, and that same year, the curse had been laid upon him. He had not spoken with anyone after he sent away the help not a week afterward. He didn't want the first one to speak to him in seven years to know immediately what his history was. It wasn't fair to him, for her to find out without him being able to defend himself.

But he had to return. Now that he remembered the tears in her eyes, he was afraid despite himself that she might have taken his angry order further than he had meant, and had tried to leave.

It was difficult for him to walk back on the uneven ground but he made it; though it took nearly twice the time it took for him to run. He went back inside, and she was nowhere to be found though he could still smell her.

He returned to the kitchen an hour after he left, picking up his cane and began to look around for her. What was the name she had said? Lillian? But she liked another name more...Lily? The name rang true to him. "Lily?" He yelled. The room to the library was closed; no one had entered.

Perhaps she was in her room? He clumped upstairs, where he saw a faint glow down his hallway. It looked like his door was open, but he had never left it like that. He walked toward the glow of torchlight, entering the room and seeing her standing there.

He wasn't as angry as he had been before. "If you're looking for anything special, you won't find it here." He said gruffly. His treasures laid elsewhere in the castle, therefore he felt no fury toward her snooping around his room.
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:04 pm

It was his bedroom, the room was kept neat and tidy. A four poster bed sat at the far end of them room and was draped in red silk slightly faded from age.
She moved towards his desk and scanned the objects to see if there was anything she could touch and maybe trigger some images in her mind.
Nothing too interesting stuck out to her though and when she touched the wooden chair, she received absolutely nothing.

"If you're looking for anything special, you won't find it here."

Lily spun around in sheer mortification, she had never expected to be caught like this, pure shame blossomed in her breast. She took a few steps back and hung her head low.
"I'm sorry... I know it seems I say that a lot, but... I just wanted to understand you..." Lily replied softly, sincerely. She didn't know what else to say.

With a sigh, Lily moved to walk around him, figuring he might not exactly want to see her right.
"I had no right, I will leave if you wish it" Lily offered as she reached the door, turning to face him with sorrowful bright ice blue eyes.

Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:42 pm

She spun around, simultaneously taking a few steps back as she hung her head in shame. "I'm sorry... I know it seems I say that a lot, but... I just wanted to understand you..." she replied softly, sounding like she was about to cry.

But instead of crying, she just let out a shuddering sigh as she walked around him. "I had no right, I will leave if you wish it." She offered as he turned to face her, her looking at him with her sad eyes. They reminded him of a phrase his father used to use: puppy dog eyes. Eyes that would melt even a monster's hardened resolve. As hers were doing right now.

"You do not need to leave." He sighed, voice sounding closest to human he had in a long time. "If you wish to leave I will not stop you, but neither will I force you out against your will.

"You must realize though," He continued, "I am not a good host. Do not expect breakfast when you wake up. Do not expect your room to be cleaned." He paused for a moment to make sure his words had sunk in. "And no matter what, do not go snooping. You may want to understand me, but I do not want to be understood. Locked doors are meant to stay that way."

He fixed his deep-set eyes onto her bright ones. If he saw any flicker of a doubt, he would make sure that certain doors in this keep stayed sealed.
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:45 pm

"You do not need to leave." He sighed, voice sounding closest to human he had in a long time. "If you wish to leave I will not stop you, but neither will I force you out against your will.
"You must realize though," He continued, "I am not a good host. Do not expect breakfast when you wake up. Do not expect your room to be cleaned." He paused for a moment to make sure his words had sunk in. "And no matter what, do not go snooping. You may want to understand me, but I do not want to be understood. Locked doors are meant to stay that way."

Lily nodded vigorously and before she knew it, she had thrust herself into his arms, she was completely overtaken by the sheer gratitude of not being thrown to wolves far meaner than the ones dwelling in the forest.
"Thank you" Lily murmured as she pulled away from him, a soft blush of embarrassment. She couldn't believe she'd actually invaded his personal space like that "Sorry, I um, I'll just return to my room... Thank you again by the way, it may not seem like it to you, but you've cared about me far more than anyone else ever has. I am grateful for that"
That said, she gave him a genuinely warm smile before she departed from the room, before she could embarrass herself any further with female sentiments.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Shutting the of her room behind her, Lily approached the window and smiled as she gazed out, the sun was bright and shining. Beautiful spring flowers were blooming now, it made her recall seeing some empty antique vases around the castle.
"How nice those would look with fresh spring flowers" Lily mused aloud, a sweet smile gracing her rosy pink lips "I'll bet he might like to see the castle with a woman's touch for once, make this place feel more like a home"

It was decided then, Lily bounced from the bedchamber with feminine mirth in her step, it had been so long since she'd been able to pick fresh flowers for someone's home.
She didn't see him out and about as she passed through the halls to head for the castle foyer, she smiled even wider with the knowledge she could surprise him.
Lily made sure to make a mental note of each empty vase she saw on her way out, a few had some minor cracks in them, but they were still very nice looking. She made certain she had a large enough basket on her arm, there were quite a few in the pantry.

As she emerged outside after shutting the front door behind her, Lily sighed with joy as the warm sun fell upon her face and warmed her jet black hair.
A joyful laugh burst from her throat as she took off in a run into the field of flowers she'd seen growing not too far away.
"So many different lovely colors" Lily giggled as she knelt down beside them, setting her basket down beside her as she began to choose flowers for arrangements.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

"The tracks are definitely female, I would bet my lucky coin they are Lily's" Etienne said, standing upright from his kneeling position on the earth to look at the constable "You remember our deal, correct?"
Constable Blakefield gave a reluctant nod, he would have never agreed if the village wasn't so desperately in need of Etienne's hunting skills "Aye, I do. We will are to drop the charges against her so long as she agrees to marry you or else she will burn as planned"
"Very good" Etienne replied with a pleased smirk on his handsome face "Do not worry, when I have a wife to support, I will work extra hard to provide the village butcher with meat"
The constable nodded and silently cursed his son for getting him involved with such an underhanded man. This was going to be quite exhausting.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

When her basket was full of beautiful sweet smelling flowers, Lily picked it up and stood, turning around only to have her heart turn cold with shivering fear. The constable and his men... and Etienne Dupont.
"Now, now Miss Sinclare" Constable Blakefield warned as he lifted a hand to stop her from running "Trying to flee will only make this harder on you and all of us. We have a deal to propose to you, I think you should hear Mr. Dupont"

Tears filled Lily's eyes as Etienne began to approach her, she was absolutely terrified right now, she never in her life would have imagined any of them would come this close to this infamous castle.
"Lily" Etienne said, his face taking on the look of a devoted lover and his voice gentle as if he would never toss her away to burn "Marry me, Lily. Enough with your foolish objections, the good constable has agreed to drop the charges against you if you marry me. My good reputation will protect you"

"If I refuse?" Lily asked softly in a petrified murmur, her body shaking from fear.
Etienne's face grew dark and his tone taking on a cold cruel sound "Then the verdict will remain as it is and you will burn for murder and witchcraft"
A soft sob broke from Lily's throat and she began to take a few steps back away from Etienne "I am not a witch! Nor am I a murderer! You, Etienne Dupont however, are a cad and a monster!"

Turning to flee, Lily couldn't help but drop her basket in her desperate flight for safety.
A terrified scream erupted from Lily's throat as Etienne charged forward to tackle her even though the constable protested, she tried to struggled but Etienne was much stronger than she.
"No! Leave me alone!" Lily shrieked, trying desperately to free herself even though it was hopeless "Please no!"

Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:29 am

She hadn't expected it, that much was obvious. His offer to let her stay didn't go unappreciated. She flung herself at him in her gratitude, leaving him to stand motionless for an instant in shock before returning the hug.

There was a sweet ache in his heart, a strange fluttering in his stomach. Feelings he had never felt before but he knew they centered around Lily. As far as he was concerned, this moment could last forever. This moment, he felt far more human than he had in years.

But it had to end. "Thank you," She murmured, pulling away with a blush. "Sorry, I um, I'll just return to my room... Thank you again by the way, it may not seem like it to you, but you've cared about me far more than anyone else ever has. I am grateful for that"

With that, she rushed out of the room, leaving him with words he wished he could have worked up the nerve to say before she had left.

Instead, he thudded his way downstairs to the library, his sanctuary. The place that from now on would remain locked so she would not be able to discover anything more about him.

All of his good memories, and a few of the not-so-good ones laid there amongst the bookshelves. He opened the door, and let it swing shut behind him as he regarded his seven year-long masterpiece.

It used to be a small room, a common-room for people to sit and talk in. It was the only turret still in good shape in the castle. It took him five years, but he eventually knocked the floor out from the room above it, and lined the walls with bookshelves, then books. The shelves were so tall, he had even installed ladders that rolled along tracks in the floor so that he could climb up to the upper shelves.

In a small nook, there was a cushioned chair and a table of ornately carved wood. The entire area was lined with torches so that everything was lit properly.

Finally, there weren't only books in his library. As he had thought before, there were items that held precious memories to him. In one small corner of the bookshelf, there was a stuffed bear he had held close to him throughout his childhood. That bear protected him from night terrors and soaked up many a tear before his father had taken it away, claiming that boys did not need stuffed animals.

There was a small, carved box on another shelf. The key had been lost long ago and so they did not dare to close it for fear of it locking. The inside was lined with velvet, as well as a pearl necklace that had belonged to his mother. All his memories of his mother were conjured by that piece of jewelry.

There were some not-so beautiful pieces there too. There was a skull from his first kill at the tender age of ten. His first transformation to a wolf. He had been told not to return home until he had evidence of a kill. That memory was one of his brightest, for when he had returned with the young doe in tow, his father had the most proud look that he had ever seen. "I'm proud of you, son. You will be a great hunter."

Those were the nicest words his father had ever said to him.

And then, as his reminscing eyes scanned the shelves, he started to come across memories he wasn't so proud of.

There was a ring, laying slightly hidden behind a book. It was made of white gold, with an opal set in the middle. He cringed away from it, not wanting to bring up the memories that went along with it.

His eyes turned to a polished wooden comb; the kind that would go into the hair of a woman. He had purchased it, at the assurance of his father that Dyanna would love it. Dyanna...that was the greatest mistake of his life. Even worse than the memory that went along with the ring...

Cries coming from the present moment drew him away from his memories, as he turned in shock. There was one window he had not blocked with bookshelves, and he looked outside it to see Lily being taken away by two men.

His lips curled back, revealing his sharp incisors as he tore away from the window and ran outside, roaring the entire time. He didn't even hesitate to go after the men, knocking one aside with a swing of his arm, and being none too gentle when he threw a blow to the other's chest which knocked him back and caused him to let go of Lily's hand.

"She does not want to go with you. Leave her alone!" He roared at them, his rage overtaking him so that the man--the one that had grown warm and nervous from Lily's hug--drowned in the rage of the alpha-male.
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:51 am

Lily barely saw what was happening through the haze of tears when she fell to the ground after Etienne was flung off of her.
She scrambled to her feet and wiped the tears from her eyes so she could see, she saw her host fighting with Etienne while the constable held a bow with an arrow pointed at the back of her savior.
"No!" Lily screamed, reaching down to pick up a stone from the ground and throwing it at the constables head, rendering the man to crumple into a heap unconscious.

With no time to waste, Lily hurried to wear the constable lay and scooped up the bow and fixed an arrow onto it.
"Etienne!" She screamed, furious as hell after all the bastard had put her through today, threatening to let her burn if she refused to be his wife "Get away from my friend and get the hell out of here! Take the constable with you and don't come back! We'll be waiting for you if you do!"

Etienne had rolled away from the creature in time to catch what Lily had shouted at him, he never knew she had that much guts. Just made him want her more. That would have to wait however for a time when she didn't have an arrow pointed at his chest.
With a frustrated growl, Etienne moved to the constable's unconscious form and picked him up. The the warning growl behind him warned him not to get too close to Lily. What was going on between these two?
"You'll regret this, Lily, you'll wish you had said yes in the end" Etienne said to her, anger burning in his amber brown eyes "One day, I will have you"
Feeling he'd said his mind, Etienne tossed the constable over his shoulder and departed and quickly as he was able with the added weight.

Once Etienne was gone, Lily dropped the weapon of death and blood as if it had been scalding hot.
Her gaze lifted to the beast whom had saved her twice now and walked over to him, she leaned in to hug him and ended up burying her face into his chest with a sob "Thank you, they... he... was going to kill me! He threatened me with death if I didn't marry him! Death for a crime I did not commit!"
It took so much to be quick thinking and brave after what she had just been through, but after he had dashed out here to rescue her and the constable was point that bow... Lily just couldn't let that happen.

Here she was now pouring her heart out to him and confessing how frightened she was, but she couldn't care much about that now, she figured he'd understand anyway.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:18 am

"No!" Lily screamed behind him. He whirled around, stumbling on his hind legs just in time to see her throw a rock, hitting the first man in the head. He slumped to the ground, the crossbow that had been aimed at the beast's head hitting the ground harmlessly.

Lily didn't stop there. She ran over immediately, grabbing a bolt and the crossbow and rigging it up before swinging it around to the other man. "Etienne!" She screamed, anger as clear in her voice as it had been in the beast's. "Get away from my friend and get the hell out of here! Take the constable with you and don't come back! We'll be waiting for you if you do!"

The other man--Etienne--stood up on shaking legs and spoke calmly yet chillingly. "You'll regret this, Lily, you'll wish you had said yes in the end. One day, I will have you."

He stood, picked up his friend, and left. The beast let out a slow, measured breath now that he was cooling off. The temper wasn't so heated now that Lily was safe. She threw herself at him, the second time that day and sobbing. "Thank you, they... he... was going to kill me! He threatened me with death if I didn't marry him! Death for a crime I did not commit!"

The force of her launching herself at him caused him nearly to lose his balance, but he recovered and returned the hug, glad she was safe despite the fact that he still had reservations about her motivations for being so affectionate.

"If they return," he growled softly. The anger was still seething inside of him, just more under his control. "they will need more than a crossbow to save themselves."

They are humans. Just humans. When I had a human form, I was strong than them in it. As a wolf, I had unimaginable strength. This curse, it gives me some of that power.

He knew without any qualms whatsoever, that they would return. That man was not one to give up, he saw that. But when they did return, they would not make it back to the village alive.

He did not breathe his vow outloud, for fear Lily would hear it and grow upset again. But that didn't change his convictioned either. That man, whatever he had done to harm her, would pay.
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:24 pm

"If they return," he growled softly. The anger was still seething inside of him, just more under his control. "they will need more than a crossbow to save themselves."

Lily snuggled deeper into his chest as he said this, for once in her whole life, she felt safe and protected. It was a nice change.
"Thank you" Lily whispered into his chest "I've been so alone for so long, there has never be anyone to protect me when I couldn't protect myself. Though I am sorry... sorry for all this new trouble I have brought you"
She had never intended for any of this to happen, she sincerely believed that none of her pursuers were ever come so close to the castle.
Then again, she never thought Etienne would be at the lead of the whole fiasco, the cad!

Lily parted from him to retrieve the basket of flowers she had dropped when she had tried to run from Etienne, once the handle was over her arm, she turned back to her new friend "Can we go back now? I'd like very much to just sit down, my heart is still pounding"

^*^*^*^*^*^*^**^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

"Damn her!" Etienne shouted as he threw his mug of ale into the fire, watching the fire grow a bit with rage filled eyes "How dare she reject me! How dare she!"
"At least she didn't hit you over the head with a rock" Constable Blakefield groaned from one of the armchairs, a hand rubbing at his head.
Cooper Blakefield sat beside his father looking as stupid and clueless as ever, the idiot just sipped at Cider Ale like nothing was wrong.
"I want that creatures head mounted and Lily as my bride, whether she likes it or not! I will not be rejected!" Etienne snarled as he leaned his back against the wall beside the fireplace, the flames casting an eerie glow about the handsome hunter.

"Perhaps you shouldn't have request to the local clergy that they prepare a wedding ceremony in two weeks time" Constable Blakefield offered to the impulsive young man "You didn't really think she would just fall into your arms, did you?"
Etienne gave the constable a death glare before returning his gaze to his trophies hanging above the fireplace, soon that monster Lily was so fond of what have his head hanging here as well... soon.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

"You know, if you come with me, I saw wild vegetable growing near those flowers. We could go and get some tomorrow morning, I can make you a salad... that is... if you like salad" Lily said as they walked back to the castle.
As the castle came into sight, Lily was surprised how much it felt like she was going home... with a new friend at that...
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:14 pm

"Thank you" She whispered, so quietly that he had to strain to hear her. "I've been so alone for so long, there has never be anyone to protect me when I couldn't protect myself. Though I am sorry... sorry for all this new trouble I have brought you."

He had nothing more to say, not moving and keeping her firm in his hold. They were silent for a few minutes, until Lily spoke again. "Can we go back now? I'd like very much to just sit down, my heart is still pounding."

He nodded, letting her pull away then going to lean against a nearby tree. His hind legs weren't designed to stand on their own, and it hurt him. He had only just noticed now because the rage had finally fallen away.

Slowly, he followed her back to the house. As they walked, she kept talking. "You know, if you come with me, I saw wild vegetable growing near those flowers. We could go and get some tomorrow morning, I can make you a salad... that is... if you like salad."

"I haven't had a salad in a long time.." he replied, smiling. Following the words, he ran his tongue over the tips of his back teeth that were still designed for more herbivore uses.

But despite what had happened, neither of them noticed the girl who had been standing nearby, watching the pair of them return to the castle. Tall and slender, with striking blond hair and hazel eyes, her lip curled back in disgust, she shook her head and went back into the wilderness.
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:04 am

As the pair approached the castle, Lily turned around before either of them could touch the doors. She faced him with an uncertain look on her face that could only be described as adorable.
"I realized I never got your name" She said, making sure her hands were at her sides this time to avoid her abilities botching things yet again "If we are going to be friends, we should know each others names, right?"

Her smile was bright and warm, her bright ice blue eyes glittering with joy. All because she know knew she was no longer alone in this cruel world, not anymore.
Etienne wouldn't be able to threaten her again after this... or at least... she hoped he wouldn't. She could only hoped that Etienne believed her to remain here even after she left, then maybe he might leave her in peace.
Lily had no use for such a pompous arrogant ass in her life, his good looks meant absolutely nothing to her, his dark heart make him completely ugly in her eyes.

It was strange, but when she looked him in face, she did not see the cruel eyes of a murderous predator. Not exactly anyway.
When he looked at her, his eyes seemed almost human in nature, though wolf in appearance. What she saw in those amber orbs... She saw a gentleness and she could see nerves twitch by his mouth as if he was fighting the urge to smile.

If she could get him to open up some more, she just might have her first real friend, someone to talk to and confide in. Someone to spend time with her and not treat her like she was an abomination or something.
She remembered first coming to the village, at first people wouldn't even talk to her because of her eyes, people said they were so pale blue and bright that it almost seemed like they were glowing.
After that, people decided to start ignoring her because she seemed to prefer a good book over having Etienne courting her constantly.

Oh Please! She honestly could not understand why women got so worked up over that blockhead. Sure he was skilled in hunting and was more than good looking, but the man lacked education and wouldn't know a book from a foot stool. No, he just wasn't the right man for her, not at all.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:42 am

As the two of them got to the doors, she turned around with a sheepish look on her face. "I realized I never got your name," She said. "If we are going to be friends, we should know each others names, right?"

He looked at her, surprised for a moment as a grin appeared behind the fur on his face. But there was one problem with her question, and that was that he didn't remember his name.

It'd been seven years since he had last used it. It had gotten lost in space and time. He had to think back to his earlier memories, ones of his father and words with him.

He was silent for a few long minutes before the name came to him. "My name is Tristan." He finally said to her, nodding in emphasis. The name felt strange on his tongue. To him, it felt like a name that belonged to the man, not the beast he was.
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:07 am

Lily smiled, genuine happiness etched across her lovely face. Finally she had a name by which to call him, it felt awkward not knowing what to call him.
"Tristan... I like it" Lily replied before she turned back the doors and pushed them open, then looked at at him "I've been meaning to ask you, do you have a library? It's been awhile since I've had access to a good book and I must confess a great love for reading"

Lily entered through the doors, she knew Tristan would follow her and respond and besides, she looked back every now and then as she waited for him to respond to her question.
She had more questions, but those would honestly have to wait until later when she was certain he would not get upset with her for asking.
His curse was one thing that made her curious, she wondered what the exact details of his curse were and if perhaps there was a way to lift it. She wanted to help him, she just wasn't sure how.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

"Are you sure about this, Etienne?" Cooper asked softly , leaning over the table he sat at in the tavern, across from a fuming auburn haired hunter "You really think you can sneak into the beast's castle and kidnap Lily?"
"Save her!" Etienne correctly viciously, his expression angry and insulted "I am going to save her! That monster must have tricked her or have her under some sort of spell, it's up to me to rescue her!"
Cooper leaned back in his chair and sighed "Just don't blame me if your plans don't work out, I did warn you it was foolish"

"You are just weak" Etienne replied in a haughty tone "A coward too, it takes a real man like me to pull this sort of stuff off"
"Whatever you say" Cooper said, he would never desire to attempt the sort of lunacy that Etienne often did.
"Tomorrow night" Etienne vowed aloud, though speaking more to himself than to Cooper "I will go for Lily tomorrow night"
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:06 am

The two of them walked the rest of the way in silence. She must have had other questions, but she didn't ask them. At least, not yet. She was waiting, understandably. Afterall, Tristan hadn't been very forthcoming with answers.

She pushed open the doors and at the same time asked, rather off-handedly, whether he had a library. He immeidately shook his head. "The library is off-limits." He said bluntly. "If you would like a book, I will bring you one. But you are under no means, to enter the library."

That place was his life's work; or at least it had been since he'd been forced into seclusion. There were plenty of memories there. Too many that he didn't want anyone, let alone Lily, to see.

"You are welcome in any room of the castle. But not my library." He doubted that rule would be lifted any time in the concievable future.
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:26 am

"The library is off-limits." He said bluntly. "If you would like a book, I will bring you one. But you are under no means, to enter the library."
"You are welcome in any room of the castle. But not my library."

Disappoint stung deep, but Lily did not let it bother her, Tristan would come to trust her enough to let her in completely in time. It couldn't just happen right off the get go and she knew that.
"Alright then" Lily replied with a small nod "Mystery is my favorite, with a dash of love in the mix. I love a good book that ends happy"
Mainly because her life up till now never had much happiness to speak of, she was always on the move and always alone, it was exhausting for a young woman to go through.

"Perhaps you could show me around the castle sometime?" Lily asked as they reached the end of the foyer "I really want to get to know you better, I am sure it would be a nice change for you if someone actually wanted to know you before judging you. I want that chance. You saved my life twice now and I want desperately to know you"

She waited on held breath, the guy was just as stubborn as she was it seemed and she wasn't going to budge an inch. He'd either let her get to know him or tell her to get lost, those were his only options.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:19 pm

"Alright then." Lily replied with a small nod "Mystery is my favorite, with a dash of love in the mix. I love a good book that ends happy."

He nodded, confirming her request without saying anything more. They entered the building, and he leaned against the door for a few seconds while she walked further into the castle, all the while saying, "Perhaps you could show me around the castle sometime? I really want to get to know you better, I am sure it would be a nice change for you if someone actually wanted to know you before judging you. I want that chance. You saved my life twice now and I want desperately to know you."

He narrowed his eyes at her while she still hadn't turned to face him. He saw what she had done. He was all right with her staying, but he wasn't all right with her prying into his life. "I'll take you around, sure." He replied, carefully wording it so that he didn't agree with her poking and prying, but also being careful to make sure she didn't notice what he had done.

WIth that said, he walked over to the library, picked up his cane that was laying in the doorway, and closed the door behind him so she wouldn't get a glimpse in.
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:18 am

Hardly a gullible fool, Lily sighed as she walked up the staircase to head towards her room. He didn't want to let her into his life at all, she figured it was rather foolish of her to expect him to want anything really to do with her even with all that had happened.

She halted as she reached her door, a thought struck her. Perhaps something happened in his past that made he feel he didn't deserve for someone to care... perhaps something the images didn't show her.
Maybe if she was able to touch him longer, she might be able to... no... no, that such an invasion of privacy. There was just some things in peoples lives that they just didn't want other people to know and who was she to judge that when she herself wished people didn't know about her... oddities, for lack of a better word.

Shaking her head at the very thought that such an idea even crossed her, Lily grasped the handle and turned it, entering the room. Shutting the door behind her, Lily strolled over the window and looked out, there had to be some way she could help Tristan.
The memory of him laughing in the kitchen brought a smile to her rose pink lips, he had it it in him to love life and enjoy it. The problem was he refused to allow himself to find the silver lining.
Her papa had always told her there was a silver lining for every dark cloud and when she was sad, she just had look for that silver lining, look for something in her life that was truly a blessing.

“I wish you were here now, Papa. Maybe you could tell me what to do for Tristan” Lily murmured to herself “He has such loneliness in his eyes and it just breaks my heart”

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

That evening Lily found that she just couldn't bring herself to get some sleep, she was beyond restless.
So it was then that she was out of her bed and getting dressed to go and wander the halls a bit and see if that might make her tired enough to sleep.
Exiting her room and shutting the door behind her, Lily began her stroll down the halls. She eventually found herself standing at Tristan's bedroom door with an uncertain look on her face, she was just as lonely as she was restless. It was tormenting her to finally have someone around to talk to and not make use of it.

Gathering some courage, Lily knocked on the cherry wood door “Tristan, are you awake? I can't sleep and I... I'm lonely... can I sit with you for awhile?”
She sincerely hoped he was in here right now or else she truly was going to feel like a stupid fool.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:06 am

She went upstairs, seeming to see what he had said. He felt disappointed that she had noticed, but there was nothing he could do now. She jaw had been set, her eyes sparkling with determination before and he hadn't expected her to just give up.

So when he heard her door shut, he went to his library. First, he went over to the shelf of books he had in the small section dedicated to mystery. There were a few he thought she would like in there, based on her description; so he pulled one of them out, and placed it on the table by his chair. Next to the book he then sat down to read.

It was late when he went to bed, so he decided to give her the book the next morning. He closed the door to his bedroom, placing his cane by the bed and climbing under the covers.

It was ten minutes later that he heard a soft knock on his door. “Tristan, are you awake? I can't sleep and I... I'm lonely... can I sit with you for awhile?”

The name didn't sound right; it didn't feel like his name. But he didn't let hit bother him. Instead, he rubbed at his eyes with the back at his hand, stood and pulled the covers back up before sitting back down on the bed. "Come in." He called. He hadn't wanted her to feel guilty for keeping him awake.
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next