FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Defenders of the Peace (OOC: Closed)

+2
Lyonesse
Sunwolf007
6 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Defenders of the Peace (OOC: Closed) - Page 2 Empty Re: Defenders of the Peace (OOC: Closed)

Post by Sunwolf007 Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:12 pm

Freaking awesome post Lyonesse. We needed a fun character to balance out the seriousness of Owen and the Doctor. I might be posting soon. I have a paper due but it doesn't look like an intense one. I might sneak away to write a post as a break. Anyway so far the first posts have been amazing and I can't wait to get to the second point of my outline (or rather the first action point). Anyway I try to get that next post ready as soon as I can and hopefully Elric will have posted by then.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Defenders of the Peace (OOC: Closed) - Page 2 Empty Re: Defenders of the Peace (OOC: Closed)

Post by Lyonesse Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:40 pm

My favorite Marvel Superheroes are usually the ones who genuinely have fun being superheroes, so Quinn is definitely of that mold. He's capable of being serious, but not dour or depressing.
Lyonesse
Lyonesse
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:55 pm

Oh. Cool. Since I think my character is going to turn out a lot like Scott Summers. For whatever reason most characters I RP turn out like him.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyonesse Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:37 pm

Well, he is the leader, so it makes a certain amount of sense. If I were to compare Quinn to any one Marvel Universe character, I would say he would have to be most like Hawkeye, who's kind of my favorite Marvel character, so that makes a certain amount of sense too I suppose. Delphine is a cross between Black Widow and Ms Marvel.
Lyonesse
Lyonesse
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:44 pm

lol. I can definitely see the comparisons on both of your guys' characters. I can't really say who my characters remind me of... I can say that Rouge was definitely an inspiration for me. I've always loved her (In comics and the old TV show. I hate pretty much every version of her now). Situation wise you can see her in Derrick and personality and such goes to Elexus. I can also associate Derrick with Beast in that rambling, willing to give advice, but not exactly ALWAYS listening to you way he works. I think Derrick's not nearly as nice as the lovable furball though.

Last edited by Skitzo-phrenick on Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

http://renetr3.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:49 pm

*is secretly in love with Beast*
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:00 pm

*Doesn't blame you at all for it* >.>..... He was an inspiration for a reason.
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:44 pm

Sorry I haven't posted yet. I have been busy but I am sure I can get one up tomorrow. I know what I want to do but haven't made time to type it up yet.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:16 am

It's understandable. lol. Just don't procrastinate too long as tempting as that might be.
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:45 am

Alright got the next post up so we should all be able to post again. If you got any questions don't be afraid to ask.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyonesse Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:41 pm

Quinn's halfway across campus at his classroom, so I didn't think it would be realistic for him to get to the scene in this post. He did send someone else to help though.
Lyonesse
Lyonesse
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:43 pm

No that's cool. I like the realism and it just adds fuel to the fire so its great in my book.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:51 pm

What a fun post, Lyonesse. An Sun's right. It makes perfect sense that Quinn can't get there instantly.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyonesse Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:01 pm

As I was originally writing the post he did get there, but then I was at a loss for what to have him do and I figured out that was because nothing had happened between the time he left and the time he got there. I figured he could travel realistically and let other folks do things in their posts between now and then.
Lyonesse
Lyonesse
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:42 pm

Makes sense to me. I'm working on my post now.

I have a question that needs to be answered though. Can the team here EVERYONE'S responses? I image that since Quinn responded mentally and they were all linked that the others might be able to hear what he said to Owen. I just want to make sure of that before I go posting and overstepping my boundaries.
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:37 am

Ugh... I don't know if I like that post or not, but it's up. I'm having such a hard time getting insync with Elexus, but I know that kind of behavior very much suited her. >.>
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:52 pm

Skitzo-phrenick wrote:Makes sense to me. I'm working on my post now.

I have a question that needs to be answered though. Can the team here EVERYONE'S responses? I image that since Quinn responded mentally and they were all linked that the others might be able to hear what he said to Owen. I just want to make sure of that before I go posting and overstepping my boundaries.

Owen would make it that they all could hear each other's thought responses since communication that no one can overhear is an advantage.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:32 pm

Alright thank you. I'm sure that will be useful in the future.

And sorry my character punched your character in the face. >.>
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:36 pm

That's ok. Its what I like to call some serious character interaction Laughing. Besides it makes a nice topic of conversation for later.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyonesse Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:57 am

It's also something for Quinn to laugh about...right up until Elexus punches him in the face.
Lyonesse
Lyonesse
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:33 am

lol. Yeah, I have a feeling it will be something no one will let her live down... or simply forget.
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:04 pm

Oh I plan on having Owen never let her forget it. Twisted Evil

Anyway I updated the first post to include the stats on the new combatants. Remember that in this story no one has seen a sentential before so no one knows how to fight them. I know in the comics that they have been around forever but this story is not really taking place in any particular continuity so I get to make the rules. OH and these things are supposed to be tough so no instant take downs! Otherwise I think this fight will be pretty fun.

Edit: Those characters that didn't get posted in the last round should get caught up this round.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:48 pm

Sunwolf: Given Kimiko's abilities with electronics and mechanical manipulation, can you PM me what she could or couldn't affect on them?
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:40 pm

Maybe put a mass or resistance limit on what you can move? That would be a good way to limit effectiveness against a gears and hydraulics that are probably the size of your torso. Also, from my vague recollections of the sentinels, they use lasers right? Is that what hit you?

Also for the font color change it's just green in brackets?

Edit: Never mind, figured it out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:59 pm

Well, I call them energy beams but I am guessing they are the same thing. Either way they use light. DM I will get on sending you a PM.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:17 pm

I figure Nathan could take a direct hit or two then; it would hurt him to absorb that much light at any given point, and raise his core temp a lot. Or even deflect most of one laser blast from one sentinel atm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:02 pm

Ooooo a post and character sheet updates!! Best thing to come back to ever!! I will be sure to read when I find a good spot to stop on DM's novella.

Man, if only we had Delphine. One of those Energy beams would be like an uber power up for her, am I right?
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:34 pm

Elric Vhaan wrote:I figure Nathan could take a direct hit or two then; it would hurt him to absorb that much light at any given point, and raise his core temp a lot. Or even deflect most of one laser blast from one sentinel atm.

That sounds about right. With his light abilities he should be able to handle a few blasts before overloading. Keep in mind that doesn't stop them from using other weapons though. They have a whole list.

Skitzo-phrenick wrote:Ooooo a post and character sheet updates!! Best thing to come back to ever!!

I try to keep things interesting. Glad to see its working!

Skitzo-phrenick wrote: Man, if only we had Delphine. One of those Energy beams would be like an uber power up for her, am I right?

The beams wouldn't because they are light energy but the machines electrify their metal exterior 'skin' if a mutant touches it and that would boost her abilities.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:21 pm

*Hangs out a bit to allow Elric time to re-post
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyonesse Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:35 am

I swear I'm working on a post, really I am. It's just going slowly in between finals.
Lyonesse
Lyonesse
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next