FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Defenders of the Peace (OOC: Closed)

+2
Lyonesse
Sunwolf007
6 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Defenders of the Peace (OOC: Closed) Empty Defenders of the Peace (OOC: Closed)

Post by Sunwolf007 Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:55 pm

Defenders of the Peace

General Rules

You can’t use an X-men character but you can create a character that uses similar abilities. I don’t know everything about the marvel universe so this doesn’t really tie in with it. You can reference people like meeting them in the past but no marvel character will appear in this RP. Plus no impervious mutants, you must have a weak point. Other than that you can make up any type of power you like or copy one from your favorite super hero. This RP will be taking place in the Malone Institute for Higher Learning. Malone runs the school along with a few other teachers. The school is located in Grand Rapids, Michigan and has a reputation of being one of the best schools for mutants. Mutations manifest at the start of puberty which is 10 years of age for girls and 12 years of age for boys. Some mutations keep growing in power while others only manifest and stay constant in power. Also, no mutant has seen a Sentinel before and no one knows exactly how to handle them.

The story

The United States Government realized that with the increasing mutant population a separate schooling system as necessary. Violence against mutants was at an all time high before the Xavier Academy Initiative. Academy schools were set up in large cities across the US. This increased the racism between mutants and non-mutants but stopped the violence in the schools. About 7 years after the XAI congress began debates on a Mutant Registration Act. This act would make public all the abilities and identities of the students at the Mutant Academes.

The debates in congress kicked off a new surge of riots throughout the US. This debate split the mutant and non-mutant communities into groups who supported the act and those who didn’t. Due to the riots and protests congress was in a deadlock on the issue. They tabled the discussions for a few months. It goes without saying that any major event could push the MRA back on the table. Any mutant must be careful to not start any aggressive riot otherwise the passage of the MRA is guaranteed. In response to the ever increasing violence the President created Omega X. It is a covert organization that was created to ‘remove’ the mutant threat. They have finally created their first weapon, the Sentinels. They are continuing research on other ways of dealing with the ‘mutant threat’.

In an effort to help decrease the violence in the protests on mutant campuses groups of trained mutants were needed to regulate students. These groups were designed to defend against the passage of the MRA. Defender groups were initiated at the beginning of the new school year. These ‘Defenders’ are to break up fights on campus or riots in the city. Their main job is to deal with any incident related to mutants in their city. They have been given jurisdiction in mutant related cases by the government.

Recently a few students lead by Richard “Air” Smith have started causing trouble because of the fact that if more riots occur the Legislation will pass. These students believe, like many others across the nation, that if the legislation is passed it is an important recognition of Mutant rights and an important distinction as a minority group.

Owen “Aura” Harold believes that if the legislation passes it is another step in the discrimination of mutants which would cause more civil unrest. He has been chosen to lead the Defender group and recruit members from the school.

A few days ago Government agents arrived to monitor the situation at the school. They have psiblockers and telepathy has no effect on them. There are more guards than necessary if they were only interested in monitoring the situation. Malone is uneasy with so many government agents on the campus but can’t force them to leave. Jet engines can constantly be heard from something flying over the campus every hour.

Character sheet

Code:
[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Codename:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Position at the school (or what they do if they don’t work/live at the school):[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Ability:[/b]

[b]Short Bio:[/b]

Other notes on characters
I would prefer Defender characters to be teachers or older students. If your character is a teacher they should be no younger than 21 (since my character is the youngest teacher there). As the school would offer college level classes you can have an older student as well. So no you don't need to have a teenage kid.

As for playing multiple characters I don't see a big problem. As I plan on capping out the number of writers to at max 4 or 5 you having a second character is fine. It will help flesh out the story. The character will have to be approved by me if they are with Omega X though.

Characters:

NPC Characters:
These are characters that anyone can use in their posts. This is just so we all have the same idea of what they can do.

Richard Smith
Codename: Air
Spoiler:

James Malone
Codename: Phrenic
Spoiler:

Writer Characters:

Malone Institute Characters:

Defender Squad Characters:

Sunwolf007: Owen Harold
Codename: Aura
Spoiler:

Lyonesse : Quentin “Quinn” Malachi
Codename: Figment
Spoiler:

Skitzo-phrenick: Elexus Stern
Codename: Echo
Spoiler:

Elric Vhaan: Nathan Asher
Codename: Magician
Spoiler:

Lyonesse: Delphine Deniaud
Codename: Ampere
Spoiler:

Auxiliary Defender Squad Characters:

Skitzo-phrenick: Dr. Derrick Stern
Codename: Animo
Spoiler:

Digital Muse: Kimiko Mizuki
Codename: Jade Spider
Spoiler:

Omega X Characters:

Sentinels
Spoiler:

Codename: Imprint
Spoiler:

Last edited by Sunwolf007 on Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:38 pm; edited 10 times in total (Reason for editing : Added Omega X characters to the list. Reorginized the list of Malone Institute characters.)
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Defenders of the Peace (OOC: Closed) Empty Re: Defenders of the Peace (OOC: Closed)

Post by Lyonesse Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:37 pm

Name: Quentin “Quinn” Malachi

Codename: Figment

Position at the school: Instructor. He teaches a few of the more practical, hands-on sort of subjects like art and auto shop.

Appearance: Defenders of the Peace (OOC: Closed) Pawel_Szajda_actress
He has the X-Men logo (a black X within a black circle on a red background) tattooed on his left shoulder, as well as a long scar across his back he claims is from fighting Hydra Agents in New York.

Ability: Quinn has a specialized form of telekinesis that allows him to manipulate psionic energy into solid (but invisible) constructs. Essentially, he can create anything he can think of out of thin air, be it a weapon, a protective shield, or something as mundane as a pillow. However, anything he creates is invisible to the naked eye, he can “see” them although mentally, not optically, which can sometimes allow telepaths to “see” his creations as well. Quinn’s abilities, while theoretically astounding, have quite a few practical limitations. To start with, using his powers takes a lot of concentration, knowledge and artistry. He has to know exactly how something functions to recreate, which makes it extremely difficult or even impossible for him to recreate things with lots of moving parts as he would have to know exactly how they fit together both physically and in theory as well as concentrate on all of the different parts as they move. He can also experience psychic blowback if his creations are damaged. His creations are also temporary once he loses direct contact with them, right now they dissipate about half-an-hour after he stops touching them, but he’s working on expanding that duration.

Short Bio: Quinn grew up in a small Midwestern town to parents who were far too over-educated and liberal to be where they were. As a boy, Quinn was incredibly active and excitable and completely obsessed with superheroes. He dreamed of growing up to be Captain America and built himself an Iron Man suit out of duct tape, cardboard and tin cans when he was only five years old. When he hit puberty and discovered his powers it was pretty much a dream come true and he was certain he would be stopping bank heists with Spider-Man and saving the planet from Galactus in no time. Then the real world pretty much bitch-slapped him upside the face.

While his parents were completely open and understanding, many others were not. However, his parents resisted sending him off to a school specifically for mutants (despite Quinn’s wishes) because they saw that as a form of segregation. Instead Quinn squared his shoulders, gritted his teeth and made it all the way through public high school. He faced a lot of prejudice and even a good amount of violence growing up, but that never stopped his desire to be a hero. He even went to New York City and worked as a costumed superhero through college. He found that his powers aren’t the most effective for a solo hero though and took a position teaching at the Malone Institute, although a part of him is beginning to chafe at being so far from the action.

Last edited by Lyonesse on Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lyonesse
Lyonesse
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Defenders of the Peace (OOC: Closed) Empty Re: Defenders of the Peace (OOC: Closed)

Post by Digital Muse Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:41 pm

Name: Kimiko Mizuki

Codename: Jade Spider

Position at the school (or what they do if they don’t work/live at the school): Freelance hacker, being recruited to join the school and put her abilities on the side of the law.

Ability:
Technopathy - is the psychic ability to sense and control the functions of electronic devices requiring only physical or mental contact with the device, to potentially override security codes and infiltrate an installation with ease by manipulating any electronic device, or sense the presence of electronics (even artificial intelligence). Kimi’s ability manifests in two main ways;

Technokinesis – the mental manipulation of electronic/digital technology, so they can be controlled without need for physical contact, and can be made to function/malfunction according to the user’s will, even being moved and controlled like puppets. Kimi is especially adept at interfacing with computers and similar machines. She uses her ability in various ways, both for legal and illegal purposes. She can manipulate security systems and ‘convince’ ATMs to dispense cash as she desires. She does not need to touch the item she interfaces with, but she must be within close proximity or connected via the internet.

Mechanokinesis – the ability to psychically control motor-run machines by empathically connecting to electrical wiring within cars, kitchen appliances and the like. In the case of controlling non-electronic machinery or motorized machinery, Kimi must exert more energy to control them. She has to be in physical contact with the machine and must concentrate to remain in control. She can drive a car with her mind, for example, but it takes a great deal of effort. Kimi also has an innate understanding of the inner workings of machines and can easily take things apart and rebuild them in new and creative ways.

An advanced Technopath can get machines to work when power sources have been cut off, or get access to numerous illegal codes, or pull up files which were supposedly deleted off one’s computer years ago, and permanently delete or lock away files one wished to keep top secret (in a location in cyberspace to which only the user would have access), among numerous other things.

Bio: Kimiko was raised in a traditional Japanese family. She got the best education her parents could provide as middle management workers in Tokyo. Kimi’s abilities manifested very early on in her childhood. She was forever taking apart every toy or electronic component in her family’s small apartment. Her parents were terrified Kimi would inadvertently electrocute herself and punished her for using her abilities. They repeatedly exhorted her not to ever reveal her Mutant-ability due to the intense bias against ‘the Changed’ in conservative Japanese society.

Kimi, however, was too fascinated with the inner workings of machines and computers and secretly honed her skills as a hacker, calling herself a Technomancer in the hacker’s inner world. She and other friends spent time hacking bank systems, government agencies and in the name of ‘the good of the people’, they regularly interfered with corrupt government officials, international drug traffickers or just someone that they noted needed to be taken down a few pegs.

Along the way, the more imbedded in the hacker culture, the anti-Electronic Terrorism squad was closing in on Kimi and her friends. In house raid after another, Kimi’s friends were rounded up quickly. One managed a single command before being dragged from his bedroom. That single command warned everyone in the hacker underground of what had happened and almost instantly everything that had been a Hacker Underground disappeared and the remaining members along with them.

Kimi, given her abilities, easily obtained a legal passport and money to travel. She arrived in Grand Rapids, somewhere she was sure she’d never be found. Two years have passed since that day and Kimi has easily slipped into the routine and patterns of the city. Her ability has afforded her more work than she can possibly have wanted. So much so, that she actually moved her parents to the beautiful city of Osaka and their own house. As she had before, Kimi has become involved in a Hacker Underground, but in this city that attracts Mutants due to the school, rumors soon cropped up about her unusually successful abilities. Forced to keep moving to avoid the authorities, Kimi eventually will have to decide just which side of the law she will finally camp upon.

Appearance:
Spoiler:
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:34 pm

OK updated my first post. Both characters look awesome. All I did was rearrange the character sheet so if it looks different from your post it is but I didn't change any actual content. (Sorry but my OCD required me to). Also I upped my character's age to 21 for the sole reason of having him able to drink. I know this doesn't really change anything but I figured I would let yall know. So yeah this is moving along rather fast. I suppose I should be working on a first post soon. I would expect one sometime this week.

Edit: I sent out PMs in an attempt to make a massive collaborated first post. My idea is that Owen is going around pulling together people for his team in the weeks leading up to the start of the semester. They will all be present on the first day of class. I sent basic outlines for scenes to DM and Lyon so we can work together on making a great starting point for all characters. Its not something I have done before but I think it would be kinda cool to have a piece of everyone's character in the beginning post. If it turns out collaboration posts are annoying than this will be the only one I do.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:44 pm

I am interested, and will work on a c.s. if you are still accepting more members.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:56 pm

Yeah this is sill open for now. At max I might allow one more person.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:41 pm

I'm still working on my character sheet. Got a duo of characters I'm creating right now... and it's requiring me to do a lot more research than I believed it would be. I will have the sheets up today though.

Oh I should mention that one of them will be working as a school nurse... or doctor or whatever. Anyway, I should ask now, but are there any things you consider mandatory for him to have this position, Sun? I know it's not a regular teacher so if you have rules that apply to this role I wouldn't mind adding them to the sheet.

Last edited by Skitzo-phrenick on Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:38 am; edited 14 times in total
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

http://renetr3.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:32 pm

Wow… I’m surprised I’m the last to put up my character sheets. Sun, you have no idea how comforting it was to hear that IC would take a while. >.>… Alright, here’s both of my characters. I put up only Derrick at first but I edited this to contain his sister once done. Also did a few edits to Derrick's sheet, because part of me felt some of it was half-assed. Let me know if you feel anything should be changed of course.

Name: Dr. Derrick Stern

Codename: Animo {Latin for: To animate, give life to}

Position at the school (or what they do if they don’t work/live at the school): A school doctor. He takes care of all injuries and natural defects of mutant powers in the institute.

Appearance: Defenders of the Peace (OOC: Closed) Hill_harper_2
He’s rather classy and mostly sporting a dress casual attire. He wants to look nice but considering his work and the situation of his work he realizes comfort, as well as movement, are more important matters to his lifestyle.

Ability: Biological manipulation – he has the ability to control the genetic construct of a living being. His powers can range from physical and genetic alterations, healing, disease, and pretty much every biological function. If need be he can even cause the body to stop functioning but every aspect of his power is something that requires heavy amounts of concentration as well as complete understanding of the processes of the biological function he is manipulating or simulating (ie. diseases). Also, much like alchemy he can not add or change the physicality of a human being beyond what is already there to work with. He cannot CREATE extra arms or legs he can already only fix or change what’s already there.

Unfortunately his ability, though well practiced, actually does him more harm than good. With each manipulation he makes, his body begins to manipulate as well and into what he does not know. All he knows is that the end result could simply be a change of his own physical structure or it could lead to very end of his life. Usual signs of the manipulation are dark black spots that form in patches along parts of his body. Also his body will distort momentarily before more black patches are added to his skin. The reason these manipulations are terrifying to him is that he can not feel anything along the black parts of his skin. He is still unaware of the exact cause but he does know that his nervous tissue is dying, causing him to believe that his entire body may be dying as well. As this is a cause of his powers he can NOT use his powers to fix the situation, so he is stuck depending on modern medicine in hopes for a cure or maybe the abilities of another being if they come across one which has yet to happen.

Another limitation to these powers is over excessive use of them will cause him to pass out and be unconscious for 24 hours at most. Usually repeated use of his powers over a period of a couple of hours or long term use for minutes on end can equal over excessive use.

Short Bio: Derrick was a bit of a child genius. He advanced a few years in his classes starting himself off in college at the age of 14 and earning himself a doctorate sooner than most people, but in the beginning he wasn’t really as interested in learning. In his earlier years focus had always been on the anti-mutant hate that was going on in his junior highschool. He and his twin sister, Elexus, had been heavily working to fight off any of the bullies that had been abusing the mutant students almost daily, and even after it was suggested that he skip a few classes he stayed behind to help with matters, not wanting to leave his sister to deal with the problem herself. It was when he developed his own mutant powers that Elexus suggested he focus more on schooling and skip few grades as the teachers pushed before for his safety. They knew it would be better especially since he had been prone to accidentally making students nearby sick.

He was transfered to the Xaiver Institute of Higher Learning because his abilities were classed as extremely dangerous and as the first mutant school they were more capable of keeping his powers restrained while he learned to master basic control of them. After a few years there and finishing his college BA, he went back to a more normal college environment and devoted his studies to medicine.

Having realized the capability of his powers Derrick specialized in diseases so that he could hope to find a cure for them as well a better use for his powers. It was soon after he had moved on to making this decision that he realized the effects his powers had on his own body. When he sent a letter off to his former headmaster about it he was approached again by Professor Xavier as well as James Malone in hopes of helping fellow mutants (especially those who had mutated more physically) with finding substitutes for modern medicine as well as means of physical aid and a better means of letting them understand their own powers. They also promised him focus on his own situation as well, which was something he really couldn't refuse.

So he works with a team of fellow mutant doctors amongst all the academies to better understand and help fellow mutants (as well as himself) when not having to deal with another student injury or helping with the defense group. He has a number of assistants in the school to help him considering his work load. Learning of his sister's enrollment in the Malone institute, he chose to work there to be around her more.

------

Name: Elexus Stern

Codename: Echo

Position at the school (or what they do if they don’t work/live at the school): Instructor. Physical Education and Higher Level Self Defense.

Appearance: Defenders of the Peace (OOC: Closed) 11
Prone to wearing tank tops and pants. She tends to lean more towards the casual end of the dress spectrum but will dress up if the occasion calls for it.

Ability: Substance mimicry – the ability to transform her body to any substance touched. (ie stone, steel, glass, electricity, etc) Any substance she touches, she amplifies to a greater strength as well capable of harnessing all substances as a weapon she can shoot from her body.

Power negation- the ability to cancel the effects of the superpowers of others. This is an ability Elaine will rarely use in the midst of battle due to its limitations. At most all she can do is stop one simple attack, but it will cost her the loss of her substance mimicry power for minutes on end, leaving her completely vulnerable on the field. Thankfully she has a great deal of experience with hand to hand combat and is advanced in Kung Fu, but when up against a mutant, that can only last her so long. The only time this power is used is when deathly blows are issued or special abilities of others have long lasting effects. She is also more prone to use this on her brother than anyone else because she believes his powers will actually kill him over time.

Short Bio: Unlike her twin brother, Elexus is very normal by standards. In her school years, she and her brother had protected mutants out of the kindness of their hearts unknowing that they would be joining them. Thankfully her brother managed to get out of the school they had been attending at that time when his powers first started to show. Initially, she thought only her brother to be the one to obtain powers but she was actually a rather late bloomer when it came to her own abilities and hers developed years later in the middle of her highschool years. Almost immediately afterwards her parents had her taken out of her normal school and put in the Malone School of Higher Learning.

It was when Derrick started working at the institute that Elexus became aware of her brother’s side condition to his powers. She was immediately angry at him for having kept the secret of his abilities from her as well as using them altogether after he found out the truth. She openly wants him to stop his power use altogether, but he refuses because he believes he can do better when he helps others, so she remains at his side almost always.
Razz

Last edited by Skitzo-phrenick on Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyonesse Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:13 pm

Sunwolf007 wrote: Also I upped my character's age to 21 for the sole reason of having him able to drink. I know this doesn't really change anything but I figured I would let yall know.

This automatically improves Quinn's view of him. Funny Drunk

Because important shit happens in bars.
Lyonesse
Lyonesse
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:51 pm

If there's still room, I'm currently brainstorming for characters. Hopefully I'll come up with something that I can post tomorrow-ish. >.>
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyonesse Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:10 am

I decided to go ahead and make another character, one with several links to the greater Marvel Universe.

Name: Her current passport and driver’s license claim it’s Delphine Deniaud.

Codename: Ampere

Position at the school: Currently unemployed and living off an untraceable Swiss bank account and a government pension.

Appearance: Defenders of the Peace (OOC: Closed) Normal_article-0-0AD56AF7000005DC-538_634x780

Ability: Electric powered strength. She absorbs electricity and gains superhuman strength from it, as well as using it to help heal and increase her speed and reflexes. The more electricity she absorbs the stronger she becomes. She can absorb electricity either from a direct current or shock, or from touching anything that uses electricity. However, she cannot channel lightning or use electricity as a power directly, it just powers her body to superhuman levels. Without any charge, she’s just a normal person (albeit with extensive training from the most powerful intelligence and law enforcement agency in the world) . She also has to be careful or she can drain electronic devices around her without meaning to do so.

Short Bio: Delphine, born Miruna Constantin, is originally from Latveria, but her family was forced to flee the country when she was still a child for political reasons following the takeover by Victor von Doom. They moved to France for several years before seeking political asylum in the United States. She spent a few years at a school for mutants in California after her powers manifested, but left soon after she turned eighteen, almost immediately she was recruited into SHIELD.

After that, things get rather murky and highly classified. There are a few rumors floating around, especially if you’re in Madripoor or Symkaria, of a young woman who could infiltrate any place by draining the power right out of the security systems and beating the living hell out of any guards, but SHIELD will deny all of them. A botched mission along the Latverian border along with rising anti-mutant sentiments both within SHIELD and in Washington DC recently forced her out of the agency and into mandatory retirement. Before the signatures were even dry on the paperwork, she was dumped in Grand Rapids, Michigan with a new name and orders to stay put and stay out of trouble, which has left the newly christened Delphine pissed off and beyond bored.

Last edited by Lyonesse on Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lyonesse
Lyonesse
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:33 pm

Skitzo-phrenick wrote:

Ability: Substance mimicry – the ability to transform her body to any substance touched. (ie stone, steel, glass, electricity, etc) Any substance she touches, she amplifies to a greater strength as well capable of harnessing all substances as a weapon she can shoot from her body.

Got a question about that. Is it limited to what is around her or is it limited to something that she has touched ounce in her lifetime?

Also with your power negation ability it looks like you balanced it out quite well. It’s a power that can be very overpowered if not balanced.

Lyonesse wrote:
This automatically improves Quinn's view of him. Funny Drunk

Because important shit happens in bars.
I have a feeling that they should be drinking buddies! Hurray beer!

Lyonesse wrote:
Short Bio: Delphine, born Miruna Constantin, is originally from Latveria, but her family was forced to flee the country when she was still a child for political reasons following the takeover by Victor von Doom. They moved to France for several years before seeking political asylum in the United States. She spent a few years at one of the schools in the Xavier Academy Initiative in California after her powers manifested, but left soon after she turned eighteen, almost immediately she was recruited into SHIELD.

I have no problem with her going to a mutant school but the Xavier Academy Initiative schools are only 7 years old. I would say you should create a mutant school that was made before the XAI schools. It would fit the time line better. And if I remember right the X-men did stay out west for a time. You could say that during that time a school was founded out in California.

Chainlinc3 wrote:If there's still room, I'm currently brainstorming for characters. Hopefully I'll come up with something that I can post tomorrow-ish. >.>

I know I said I might add another writer but as it is I have enough people. Sorry.

Elric Vhaan wrote:I am interested, and will work on a c.s. if you are still accepting more members.

We are waiting on you to finish your character sheet before I finish my outline for my first post. I have the very envious job of pulling this diverse cast of characters together at one point for the first post. Should be fun! But I can’t complete it until I know more about your character.

OK so I think I have covered everything up to this point. When the RP starts it will be at the opening ceremony for the first day of school. Some characters are going to be there since they work at the Academy but the others I will PM and work out details on why they are there. The more I work with this RP the more I am looking forward to it. I can’t wait to finish my first post and kick this thing off!
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:46 pm

For the sake of personal amusement and the fun of ingenuity I'm going to say that with the substance mimicry she's going to have to use her surroundings for it. Though I imagine at some point she will get smart and start holding things on her whenever she can.... You know when I think about it.... Elexus is gonna have a whole other reason for loving being given jewelry. haha.

And I'm glad you like how I balanced the power negation. I was really worried about that one to be honest, but I'm thinking there will be little opportunity to use it outside of the classroom setting... or on anyone who isn't Derrick. >.> I should probably put a time limit on it though in matters of how long it will effect someone when she uses it on a mutant directly rather than their ability... maybe a few minutes will suffice... at most 5.
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:22 pm

Sounds good. 5 min is an eternity in battle. Anyway I sent you a PM concerning how your characters found out about the defenders squad. Actually I PMed all accepted writers about how they found out about the squad because I want it functioningish at the start of the RP but still be a new thing. Anyway if you have any questions let me know through PM.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyonesse Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:40 pm

Can't wait to start. And as for Owen and Quinn being drinking buddies, I've already talked to Skitzo about Quinn trying to drag Derrick to bars and strip clubs, but Owen is welcome to join Quinn's "Get Derrick Drunk and Laid" campaign. Very Happy
Lyonesse
Lyonesse
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:09 pm

Oh God! He'll be overpowered for sure. Lol. I imagine Derrick's going to have his hands full just trying to keep them at bay and make up reasons for him not to go. Laughing

Alright, checked the PM and responded. Yeah I imagine when a mutant loses their powers they'll most likely run though no matter how long the time limit actually is.

If I have any more questions I'll be sure to remember to ask. Smile I'm also on that 'can't wait for this to begin' list BTW.
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:16 pm

Lyonesse wrote:Can't wait to start. And as for Owen and Quinn being drinking buddies, I've already talked to Skitzo about Quinn trying to drag Derrick to bars and strip clubs, but Owen is welcome to join Quinn's "Get Derrick Drunk and Laid" campaign. Very Happy

Sounds like a campaign Owen would like to take part in. Cool

In other news I will be working on my first post tonight. Not going to get it done but at least I will have a beginning. I am glad everyone is looking forward to this.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyonesse Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:20 pm

Okay. I fixed Delphine's bio regarding the school thing and I added a bit of context for why she was forced out of SHIELD.
Lyonesse
Lyonesse
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:42 pm

Lyonesse wrote:Okay. I fixed Delphine's bio regarding the school thing and I added a bit of context for why she was forced out of SHIELD.

Looks good. Thank you very much!
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:41 pm

Name:Nathan Asher

Codename: Magician

Position at the school (or what they do if they don’t work/live at the school): Studio Art/Physics Double Major

Appearance: http://blog.lehighvalleylive.com/today_impact/2009/03/large_satanikw.JPG

Ability: Photonic Manipulation. Nathan has the ability to control photons, but not generate them. This has a few useful abilities. Firstly, he can bend light around an object so that it will strike it. The consequence is that if you are enveloped in such a field, you can not see. Secondly, he can is known as a magician for two distinct skills. First is his illusions. These take no preparation, and can be quite complex depending on his practice of coordinating all photonic vectors involved. The more complex the illusion, the more mentally taxing it is.

The second is a skill he calls summoning. While Nathan cannot generate photons, he has developed an ability to store them in other forms of energy. His body has a rather large storage space for photonic radiation, but this has harmful health effects. He instead uses a set of engraved, painted metal cards with a one-way mirror laid over them. The mirror reflects the light endlessly within the card, and when enough energy accumulates, the picture on the card becomes colored. With the visualization already on the card, it becomes an aid for an actual summoning. Any picture can be used to create a summoning, but if it isn't a card with stored energy he has to work with the photons in the area, and usually can not increase the summoning beyond the size of the image. The action or being depicted on the card comes into being and has limited physical actions. As it is a being made primarily of energy, a rapid ionization of the atmosphere can generate an actual impact force to simulate actually being hit by something. These impacts can be quite painful and leave scars. A summoning is very effective against machines, delivering a power jolt of energy as it becomes reconverted in contact with metal or running electricity. As such, metal weapons are ideal for dissipating summonings.

Nathan has a few limitations. Illusions are very mentally tasking, to the point where he cannot even spare the processing ability to move around. Range is an issue. Illusions look less real around the edges from farther away as the vectors of a reflected photon become harder to compute. Summonings drain his physical energy as it is a very intensive process. He can only make three or four small things appear at once, or one or two bigger animals. Something on the size of a polar bear is his limit. He currently carries around four 'decks,' or 200 of these cards at any given time.

Short Bio: Nathan was born to a modestly wealthy family. His father was a physicist, and his mother was a real estate agent. While his father spent much of his free time with his son, teaching his astronomy, physics, and calculus around the age of ten, both parents were usually busy, and Nathan's grandmother, Eliza, ran an antique shop. Eliza loved magic, and collected many magic related artifacts. He developed a love for illusions, and his grandmother taught him quite a few magic tricks. He loved card tricks, and his talents developed from playing magician in her shop.

Nathan truly developed after discovering a set of antique, silver tarot cards. While he played with these in secret, he found he could make the figures in the cards dance. A few months later, they could cavort and play on the table. A year after first discovering this, he could even make rough sketches jump up from the paper and frolic about. His grandmother caught him a little while after this success. She was shocked, and concerned, being a devout Catholic. She told him not to use his cursed powers ever again, and banned him from the shop. Eliza also told Simon, Nathan's father. An inveterate researcher, he was intrigued rather than horrified.

Simon began researching his own son, after acquiring a large scientific grant to study the ability to manipulate light. He discovered that his son was originally able to guess the vector and coordinates of light, and change them at will. He also began developing his son's abilities, basing his research of replicated experiments of what his son shown. Simon was killed in a drunk driving crash when Nathan was seventeen. His relationship with his mother, and grandmother remain tense.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:04 pm

Keep in mind that with photon manipulation any illusion won't be able to make any sound by itself. Got one question thought, when did he arrive at the school? Otherwise the profile looks good.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:37 pm

Hmm, forgot that. I would say a year ago, and is in his second year at college.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:41 pm

Ok cool. In other news now that we have all our character profiles accepted I am that much closer to a first post. I have almost finished work with all the events of the three weeks leading up to the first day of classes. I am just about ready to start work on the first day of classes.

Got a question Skitzo-phrenick. Would substance mimicry include air? She would be permanently surrounded by it and thus it could be a fall back form in any situation. Plus it would give her semi-phasing ability. Anyway let me know what you think.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:39 pm

You know I never actually thought about that one. I theory it would be possible but I imagine it'll be something she has work at perfecting since it's rather difficult to touch air like any other substance. So I guess that would be a 'yes, but with effort.' That would be definitely awesome though.
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:44 am

OK so I know I said it would take a while for the first post but I figured since I had completed it that yall might want to read it. I know it starts off a bit slow but trust me a fight is brewing. Anyway when you read my post its going to be helpful if you remember my color coding.

thoughts

telepathy

Anyway Defenders of the Peace is up and running. I can’t wait to see those first posts!
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyonesse Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:40 am

Quick question: is it customary for instructors to live on campus? I know that was sort of the norm in the actual X-Men (whenever they were actually functioning as a school that is), but I figured I would check and see if you had any opinions on it.
Lyonesse
Lyonesse
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:44 am

On campus would be acceptable or in an apartment close by would work as well.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:08 pm

Okay, so that was A LOT longer than initially intended. Though I didn't state it in the post I thought that I should mention that Derrick's housing is coupled with his lab. Like there'd be a back room in back. I imagine it would be nearly impossible to get the guy to go home unless home and work were very much together. I couldn't find a way to insert this info in the post without dragging it down though so I figured it would be better stated here.
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:32 am

LMAO. Lyonesse, one of the best intro posts I've ever seen. Seriously cried laughing at the first three lines. The inner twins in me were like "Psh! Figures" and "I should have seen that coming."
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:52 am

Absolutely loved it, Lyonesse. Gotta love a hero who isn't all dark and brooding. Well done!
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next