FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

X-men style RP Interest check

4 posters

Go down

X-men style RP Interest check Empty X-men style RP Interest check

Post by Sunwolf007 Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:23 pm

General Rules

You can’t use an X-men character but you can create a character that uses similar abilities. I don’t know everything about the marvel universe so this doesn’t really tie in with it. You can reference people like meeting them in the past but no marvel character will appear in this RP. Plus no impervious mutants, you must have a weak point. Other than that you can make up any type of power you like or copy one from your favorite super hero. This RP will be taking place in the Malone Institute for Higher Learning. Malone runs the school along with a few other teachers. The school is located in Grand Rapids, Michigan and has a reputation of being one of the best schools for mutants. Mutations manifest at the start of puberty which is 10 years of age for girls and 12 years of age for boys. Some mutations keep growing in power while others only manifest and stay constant in power.

The story

The United States Government realized that with the increasing mutant population a separate schooling system as necessary. Violence against mutants was at an all time high before the Xavier Academy Initiative. Academy schools were set up in large cities across the US. This increased the racism between mutants and non-mutants but stopped the violence in the schools. About 7 years after the XAI congress began debates on a Mutant Registration Act. This act would make public all the abilities and identities of the students at the Mutant Academes.

The debates in congress kicked off a new surge of riots throughout the US. This debate split the mutant and non-mutant communities into groups who supported the act and those who didn’t. Due to the riots and protests congress was in a deadlock on the issue. They tabled the discussions for a few months. It goes without saying that any major event could push the MRA back on the table. Any mutant must be careful to not start any aggressive riot otherwise the passage of the MRA is guaranteed. In response to the ever increasing violence the President created Omega X. It is a covert organization that was created to ‘remove’ the mutant threat. They have finally created their first weapon, the Sentinels. They are continuing research on other ways of dealing with the ‘mutant threat’.

In an effort to help decrease the violence in the protests on mutant campuses groups of trained mutants were needed to regulate students. These groups were designed to defend against chance of the passage of the MRA. Defender groups were initiated at the beginning of the new school year. These ‘Defenders’ are to break up fights on campus or riots in the city. Their main job is to deal with any incident related to mutants in their city. They have been given jurisdiction in mutant related cases by the government.

Recently a few students lead by Richard “Air” Smith have started causing trouble because of the fact that if more riots occur the Legislation will pass. These students believe, like many others across the nation, that if the legislation is passed it is an important recognition of Mutant rights and an important distinction as a minority group.

Owen “Aura” Harold believes that if the legislation passes it is the first step in discrimination of mutants which would cause more civil unrest. He has been chosen to lead the Defender group and recruit members from the school.

A few days ago Government agents arrived to monitor the situation at the school. They have psiblockers and telepathy has no effect on them. There are more guards than necessary if they were only interested in monitoring the situation. Malone is uneasy with so many government agents on the campus but can’t force them to leave. Jet engines can constantly be heard from something flying over the campus every hour.

Character sheet

Code:
[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Codename:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Position at the school (or what they do if they don’t work/live at the school):[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Ability:[/b]

[b]Short Bio:[/b]

Other notes on characters
I would prefer Defender characters to be teachers or older students. If your character is a teacher they should be no younger than 20 (since my character is the youngest teacher there). As the school would offer college level classes you can have an older student as well. So no you don't need to have a teenage kid.

As for playing multiple characters I don't see a big problem. As I plan on capping out the number of writers to at max 4 or 5 you having a second character is fine. It will help flesh out the story. The character will have to be approved by me if they are with Omega X though.

Characters

NPC Characters
These are characters that anyone can use in their posts. This is just so we all have the same idea of what they can do.

Richard “Air” Smith
Spoiler:

James “Phrenic” Malone
Spoiler:

Writer Characters

Malone Institute Characters

Sunwolf007: Owen “Aura” Harold
Spoiler:

Omega X Characters

Last edited by Sunwolf007 on Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:11 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Modified some flaws with the post)
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

X-men style RP Interest check Empty Re: X-men style RP Interest check

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:47 pm

I am definitely in, and really I like where this is going already so I can't think of something to suggest, but if I do I'll be sure to let you know.

Will come up with a character sheet as soon as I can.
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

http://renetr3.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyonesse Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:46 am

I love superheroes and all things Marvel, so count me in. Do our characters have to be students though? I'm not terribly fond of playing teenage characters. Also, is there a possibility of playing two characters either both on the same side or one on each or such?
Lyonesse
Lyonesse
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:20 am

I would prefer Defender characters to be teachers or older students. If your character is a teacher they should be no younger than 20 (since my character is the youngest teacher there). As the school would offer college level classes you can have an older student as well. So no you don't need to have a teenage kid.

As for playing multiple characters I don't see a big problem. As I plan on capping out the number of writers to at max 4 or 5 you having a second character is fine. It will help flesh out the story. The character will have to be approved by me if they are with Omega X though.

In a little bit I am going to make a topic in the OOC thread. I got enough interest to move on to doing this RP for sure. Can't wait to see your characters!
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:36 am

You can probably count me in as well. I have an idea for a character I wasn't able to use for another RP (cause it fizzled).

**Edit**
Move sheet to OOC

Last edited by Digital Muse on Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:40 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Added Character sheet)
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:17 pm

Ok I got a regular OOC topic for us. Its called Defenders of the Peace. Yeah so I am not so good with names. What can ya do? Anyway I did modify a lot of things to try and clear up a few things.

Things that changed:
Layout of character profile sheet.
Details were added in the general rules section.
Details about characters were added in the 'Other notes on Characters' section.
Specific character details about NPCs and Aura were changed.

Anyway all this means is that everything we have talked about thus far has been added and I changed the Character Sheet a little bit. Sorry DM but could you reorganize your character sheet to match the new layout? I am slightly OCD about those kinds of things. Plus I don't know if all the stuff that is italicized is what you wanted italicized. Anyway if you could give it a once over it will be perfect. I like the character you came up with.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyonesse Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:39 pm

Whoops. I filled out the old sheet. Let me revise that...
Lyonesse
Lyonesse
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down