FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Defective [Interest Check]

4 posters

Go down

Should this be Casual or Basic?

Defective [Interest Check] Votele10100%Defective [Interest Check] Voteri10 100% 
[ 5 ]
Defective [Interest Check] Votele100%Defective [Interest Check] Voteri10 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 5

Defective [Interest Check] Empty Defective [Interest Check]

Post by Adrienne Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:43 pm

DEFECTIVE

2200:
It is 2200 and the world has changed drastically over the years. Medical and military technologies have advanced, most countries of the world have banned together to create several great nations, and their governments have decided that their universal goal is to make everyone happy. To achieve this goal each personnel is injected with a serum once they have reached 16 years of age. The purpose of this serum is to enhance one's speed, strength, vision, and immune system. In other words, the adolescent will become a superhuman. They will be able to live longer, lead healthier lives, and be in tip-top shape in case they ever needed to serve their country. However there are some problems. This only applies to those who do not exhibit immediate affects after taking the serum: Apparently within 24 hours after the injection you will either die or go through no change. If you were so unfortunate as to become part of the latter, you would be labeled as one of the Defective: humans who were not compatible with the serum, and therefore have no place in society. Once they have been appropriately documented of their condition, they are immediately thrown back into their lives seen as one of the handicapped or disabled. They are a minority of the world's population, and normally show signs of side-effects weeks or even months after their injection. Due to the incompetence of the officials of the state, they have failed to notice this and have unconsciously given the Defective free reign over their 'side-effects'. Sometimes those who are Flawed are not aware of the changes that they have undergone usually mistake them for hysteria.

2210:
Some of the Defective see their side-effects as gifts or genetic mutations that occurred as a result of the injection, and have used them to no extent. It is ten years later and the authorities have finally noticed.

The governments' first reaction was to capture the few Defective for experimentation, but they had fought and resisted.

2213:
The government attempts to recruit the Defective in the military, but to no avail.

2214:
The population of the Defective increase, making their numbers nearly equal to the rest of the world. The reason is still unknown. The government senses a threat, and puts restrictions on the Defective which strip them of certain rights.

2215:
Some of the Defective have been found dead, mutilated, or tortured. The government admits to nothing, and tension arises.

2220:
The Defective revolt and the world splits in two. The humans and the government, or the humans and the Defective.

note: The humans successfully injected by the serum are brain-washed by the government. That is part of the serum's effects. However, there are some humans who are indeed affected by the serum, but are able to fight off its effects. By "brain-washed" I mean to say that their logic tends to favor the government's 'logic'. Humans who are able to overcome the effects of the serum only have enhanced strength and vision.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Rules:
-Always check your grammar and spelling
-at least four lines of text
-post at least once every 1-3 days
-make yourself useful, be productive, don't just ride the rp, contribute!

If there are Any questions at all, You are welcome to ask.

So:
Should this be Casual or Basic?
What changes should I make?
Are there any problems with the plot?
Do I need to explain the world in greater detail?
What's wrong with it in general?
By the way, I've never rped in this site before so if I tend to make mistakes or do weird things, please bear with me or give me some guidance.
Adrienne
Adrienne
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Defective [Interest Check] Empty Re: Defective [Interest Check]

Post by Digital Muse Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:15 am

This is waay too good an idea to post into basic and the expectations you have also fit more into the Casual section. A bit more information on the enviroment, living conditions, etc would be nice.

For instance; are the Defective living among regular humans, out in the open as if nothing had happened at all? Are they marked in some way? Are they quarantined in camps or low income parts of the city? Things like that would be nice just to add some flavor.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Furigana Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:47 pm

I'm certainly interested, and I have a question- if this is taking place in 2200 but events happen after this time (e.g. the world splits in two in 2220), will the storyline of the RP follow the timeline posted here?

Furigana
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrienne Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:30 am

Digital Muse: Thank you for the advice.
Furigana: Sorry. I don't think I'm at the level of literacy which will allow me to make the standards of each IC post at the moment, so I'll continue this some other time. As for the time-setting, I was hoping the interest check would help me decide through the majority of a certain preference.
Adrienne
Adrienne
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:30 pm

I'm definitely interested in this.
Cypher
Cypher
Shadow