FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two Ideas: Interest?

2 posters

Go down

Two Ideas: Interest?  Empty Two Ideas: Interest?

Post by Eternity Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:23 pm

( - ) <-- this is what I expect from a partner.
( + ) <-- this is what I would really like from a partner.
( ~ ) <-- this is probably showing things I favor in a roleplay.

- Literacy
- Good grammar
- Creativity
- Sense of realism even in fantasy
+ Long posts
+ Challenging roleplayer
+ Male characters (since I prefer playing females)
~ Unique/original storyline
~ Interesting characters; depth, complexes, intriguing twists/flaws, unique traits, etc...
~ Romance (I really like romance, but it's not my first basis. It's something I like later in a roleplay to create drama within a story-line's main flow)
~ Action: Violence, realism, danger, emotion; etc. I want things to be good. Realism even in fantasy; this means that no character can really be dispassionate or constantly nonchalant. I want something interesting. Action surpasses violence too my dearies. Action means ''edge of your seat'', be it by verbal confrontation or an ironic climax, or bla bla bla. Get the picture?

Undertaken High Fantasy/Surrealism/Modern to Post-Apoc/Semi-horror/Romance/Action
You've lived your life in this city. It's a beautiful place, rich with culture and people, and its ever growing. Life is, in some ways, perfect. This doesn't mean you have to have had a good childhood, or the perfect job. It is merely saying that your environment is constantly in motion, and everything is alive. Little crime, nice enough people with the exceptions of a handful of assholes. But everything is not as it seems.
-
Tonight the world stops. On a dime, time is frozen. And everyone is held in place, save for one other person. Seek her out, because she is the key. When you meet her, you both do not know what is going on, but you quickly learn of a third who is an exception from the time stall. A little boy, with an odd resemblance to the young woman. He leads you around, and then disappears again. And when time is started once more, the world as you know it is forever changed. The truth will be seen.
----
The plot of this is extremely high fantasy that starts out as modern realistic. The city is a magical veil over the sleeping minds of humans being harvested for their power to sustain something far different. When its unveiled, they cross the marshes of twilight and find the city for what it really is- a post-apocalyptic industrial city where humans are slaves to some kind of ''other'' being that seemingly can't be stopped. But saying something is unstoppable is putting a lot of pressure on them to maintain perfect. Perhaps they are not unstoppable. Perhaps they just haven't found the right humans to bring them down.
---Seeking Male---

Kingdom Hearts: Hearts of Peril Fan/Action/Adventure/Romance/Fantasy/No Canons
It has been almost two centuries since the rise of Sora and his friends. Since the defeat of Xehanort. But darkness never stays dead. Where there is light, there will always be a shadow waiting for a true birth. Time has been spacious, and peace has been so very kind to the people of all worlds alike. But now it comes forth again, from the edges of our glowing hearts.
-
Three apprentices have been made. The first who found Ansem's reports and began the studies again. The second was his daughter, and the third her apprentice. She is now aged and nearing death, but kept alive by forces so wicked that they have entirely swallowed up what humanity was left within her. Her apprentice now is in his prime, and has been training his dark powers and manipulation over the Shadows so that he can unleash his havoc upon the worlds.
-
The day has come. The doors have been unlocked, the worlds now connected again. Two people are chosen, two keyblade masters who are meant to defeat the threat of teacher and student, the two rulers of darkness and Masters of the Heartless. Will you be up for the challenge, and will the two be able to get along long enough to overcome their differences and defeat the darkness at hand?

<--- really want to do the KH one, but Undertaken is a great idea too. Whichever you want :3
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Two Ideas: Interest?  Empty Re: Two Ideas: Interest?

Post by Shekinah Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:32 pm

I really like the idea of Undertaken, but I really - yes, REALLY - suck at writing fantasy, unfortunately. I just can't seem to have a good functioning character in a fantasy world, because I can't relate to it enough.
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:15 pm

well that's another thing is that the story starts in a modern realistic world. Your character will have never had any interaction with fantasy before, so when interacting with it, you can easily act out that unusualness or that strange new world kind of thing where you don't belong.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:17 pm

Hmm... that's true. Well, maybe I could try...
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down