FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

These are a few of my favorite things... (The Object Chronicals)

+6
skull_mech
UnfortunateBountyHunter
wakeangel
YenWen
Shekinah
Crain_S
10 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

These are a few of my favorite things... (The Object Chronicals) - Page 3 Empty Re: These are a few of my favorite things... (The Object Chronicals)

Post by Klikxx Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:05 am

Ok I think I am ready.
Sorry for the double post but this is a totally separate thought.

There seems to have been plenty of discussion on what occurs and how things are triggered on the Ability side when multiple objects come into play but we seem to have strayed from the effect it will have on the Price towards the user.

First I will explain where I was headed a few days ago

For me the Objects (however inanimate) contained personality, part of the reason in my mind the demanded a Price from the user for their extraordinary services.
I went with the notion that the Object would become agitated in the presence of another, call it jealousy if you will, demanding a higher price for its services.
This is perhaps why there can only be so many objects under a singular owner. Most owners may prefer to carry just one as the resulting squabble between Objects carry a higher asking price.

Crain describes the objects as emitting radiation, distorting reality.
Think of three pebbles thrown into a still pond. The resulting rings extend and crash into each other causing conflict. Even at rest these items agitate each other.
When we began it was described that the greater the power(Ability) the greater the asking Price the Object demanded. It would stand to reason that the secondary or tertiary abilities being stronger demand a higher Price as well.
I could possibly see Jack paying a lesser price for such effects to an extent than the other owners because of the power of his original object grants him the ability to become skilled in a task. Perhaps through this skill he finds a way to lessen the Price.
Klikxx
Klikxx
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

These are a few of my favorite things... (The Object Chronicals) - Page 3 Empty Re: These are a few of my favorite things... (The Object Chronicals)

Post by Crain_S Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:18 pm

Giving the Objects personalities irked me at first, but the more I have thought about it, the more I kind of like the idea. There is an Ability to control Objects, to use their Abilities without touching them but the price is that you lose your own will and become a pawn of the Objects. They can act through you, and you still take on the Price.

FYI: There is an Ability that will Nullify the effects of Objects. They just go dead for a set amount of time. The price for this Object (form unknown) is that it also dies. Here is the kicker...if used with another Object, not on, it absorbs the Price when the Object is used. Again, it is a one-time thing and it has to re-charge.

I really want to stress that my belief is that more than one Object used in concert should take a smaller price. This is why there are sets of Objects; Objects that go together to create a powerful Ability that costs little to no Price. While I wanted to deter people from getting all Object crazy, it was not my intent to make the Objects impossible to use.

I feel that upping the Price for combos does just that; it kills the desire to play the Objects together.
Crain_S
Crain_S
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:18 am

I agree with Crain. Also, in my eyes it doesn't seem logical to have the same Price for a different Ability. Because otherwise, when one player is using two Objects in concert, this player would have to suffer from two different Prices, while the two Objects, in a way, form one at the moment because together they create a new, different Ability. I also think the Price should be lower or just plain eliminated when using two Objects in concert.
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by wakeangel Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:15 pm

Umm, Shekinah, question, and please don't think I'm nitpicking, but With Kate holding the Pipe, are you within its five foot area of effect? If so, then great. If not, then Miah wouldn't have heard what Kate said.
wakeangel
wakeangel
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

http://www.zombycat.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:19 pm

Aaaw, I hate that Object! I thought that since the Pipe was covered with a newspaper (or whatever it was) the effect wore off. If only it wouldn't be on at all times! Well, I'll edit later. I'm online using my phone now, so editting's kinda annoying now. Just ignore that part Smile
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by wakeangel Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:26 pm

lol It's a knuckle cruncher alright. XD Okay. I just wanted to be sure. I had kind of thought of it as a way for Miah to realize that it's an Object, since she hasn't really had a chance to see it in action. It may give her added incentive to 'keep the secret'. If she wants to.
wakeangel
wakeangel
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Klikxx Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:16 pm

It's been a while since any activity has made it to the occ.

For those who are interested I have added a picture of Edmund to his profile. Cute little bugger once you cut through all the dirt and grime.

I also realized that the profile discusses a pair of thick rimmed glasses that he wears. Since, I have neglected to mention them thus far for story purposes I may just have them in the possession of Captain Avriel. Perhaps, The Glasses are what was responsible for all those tragedies of his past. The Ability would be akin to "The Evil Eye"
Klikxx
Klikxx
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Crain_S Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:56 pm

Klikxx wrote:It's been a while since any activity has made it to the occ.

For those who are interested I have added a picture of Edmund to his profile. Cute little bugger once you cut through all the dirt and grime.

I also realized that the profile discusses a pair of thick rimmed glasses that he wears. Since, I have neglected to mention them thus far for story purposes I may just have them in the possession of Captain Avriel. Perhaps, The Glasses are what was responsible for all those tragedies of his past. The Ability would be akin to "The Evil Eye"

I attempted to look at the picture you put on the profile, but I didn't see one. Is it a link?

Also, you have created the Object 21-L; the Glasses with the Ability of Luck. If you can post a little blurb about them, such as their Ability and Price with a picture, if you can find one, that would be great.
Crain_S
Crain_S
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Klikxx Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:58 am

Object 21-L The Glasses

Object Ability: Probability Manipulation
This power enables the user subliminally and psionically to affect probability fields, causing improbable, but not impossible, "unlucky" events to occur within line of sight. By exploiting tiny stress fractures in materials the user can cause them to spontaneously fracture and break although exactly what is affected is beyond their control. This phenomenon which is often referred to as “bad luck” often involves inanimate objects such as brick walls (which tend to collapse) pipes (which tend to burst), and fire escapes (which tend to fall) ect.

Object Price: As an effect of its destructive nature the item it also amplifies the weaknesses within the user with use gradually breaking down the heart as well manifesting itself as heart attack-like symptoms ultimately leading to death if used to extremes.

Symptoms
• Pain spreading to the shoulders, neck or arms. The pain may be mild to intense. It may feel like pressure, tightness, burning, or heavy weight. It may be located in the chest, upper abdomen, neck, jaw, or inside the arms or shoulders.
• Chest discomfort with lightheadedness, fainting, sweating, nausea or shortness of breath.
• Anxiety, nervousness and/or cold, sweaty skin.
• Increased or irregular heart rate.
• Paleness or pallor.
• Feeling of impending doom.

Appearance:
These are a few of my favorite things... (The Object Chronicals) - Page 3 G8

Handler: Captain Avriel

Last edited by Klikxx on Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Klikxx
Klikxx
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by wakeangel Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:38 pm

Shekinah, Kate will be returning to the alley with my next post. Sorry to leave you hanging so long. ^_^

And Kilkxx, Edmund is adorable!
wakeangel
wakeangel
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by UnfortunateBountyHunter Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:07 pm

*Sigh* sorry i haven't been able to post again but i visited my grand mother's last weekend and celebrated my birthday party, i actually have been working on my 2nd post, it's just that when i finished it, wakeangel came in and basically told me to rewrite the whole thing, because of the storyline and where the alley is and stuff, i'm so frustrated!

so.... yeah I'm working on my 2nd post and I'm packing up because i have to leave soon and go back to Connecticut, where 3 floors of hell await, Wish me luck!

UnfortunateBountyHunter
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by wakeangel Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:12 pm

Yeah... about that Hunter, sorry. I didn't know what he was planning and posted right before he wrote it and screwed his whole post up. u.u

As for the packing... you know I'll help you, my dear. I'm going to miss you.
wakeangel
wakeangel
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Klikxx Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:18 pm

The Glasses, Object 21-L has been edited
Crain, if you would like me to change anything just let me know
Klikxx
Klikxx
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElRey Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:35 pm

Name: "Captain" Avriel Abbott
Object: 21-L The Glasses
Object Ability: Probability Manipulation
Object Price: Chest pain, numbness, paleness, dizzy spells for light use. Blatant heavy use would most likely kill the user outright.

Appearance: To look at Avriel you would never suspect her as the merciless and sadistic ringleader of a bunch of criminal children. Truth be told she looks much more like a soccer mom than a nefarious criminal. Soft chocolate eyes gaze from her oval shaped face, placed just over her cute mousey nose. Her frame is slight, leaving her at just over 5'2 and weighing only about 115 pounds. Still, her body has left curves in all the right places, and subtle strands of muscle can be made out beneath her smooth coffee skin. Rich chestnut hair is generally kept back in a high, tight, professional looking bun. The only visible blemish on her is the small scar on her chin, from a particularly unruly child, which from a distance looks more like a natural chin divit than a scar. In order to maintain the guise of "helping children" with her business she is rarely found in anything other than smart business attire. Pencil skirts, blazers and blouses making up her daily wardrobe.

Personality: Avriel was never one to let petty things get in her way. From a very young age she broke rules and cut corners to benefit herself. Bending and manipulating others came naturally to the girl. As she grew this fiery desire grew too, and her tactics had to adapt to her ever changing world. The gift of a silver tongue helped Avriel immensely, her sugary voice able to coax her acquaintances into followers. When that didn't work there was always seduction, men being as easy to twist around her finger as a strand of her own hair. When all else failed, brute force often got the job done, despite her rather minuscule frame she developed a bit of a reputation as a scrapper throughout her high school and college career.

Little has changed in her years since, using one, or a combination of each of these to catapult herself into a higher social standing, leaving her pawns discarded, broken and bloodied in her wake.

Background: Runs a small "shelter" for troubled and runaway children.

In Regards to Objects: Is about to have her eyes opened by Able, who will clue her in to a whole world she never knew existed and a whole new means to further her own agenda.

Last edited by ElRey on Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot a last name! D'oh!)
ElRey
ElRey
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Klikxx Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:20 pm

Crain
Are you going to introduce the idea of the seekers to the group
(Miah,Kate Edmund)? Much the same manner as Kringle intoduced enlighten you in your first encounter and that small room with the other object holders. It seems the next logical step to reveal unknown information and move the story forward. We then have to pick sides much like Jack.

I realize we may be waiting for WAKE to post her own views of the man behind the bar.

To all,Right now we seem to be in a holding pattern. Don't let this sag.

I would assume any mention of the PIPE from the mysterious stranger would create numerous opportunities for reactions from the others.

EDIT: Well done ElRey
Klikxx
Klikxx
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Crain_S Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:42 pm

Jack is more of a retriever than a recruiter, but yeah...I can have him talk with the others. I would need to bring in a second character/Object though, to be a memory wiper, because the Seekers have to protect themselves from those they can't trust.

I am still kinda frazzled from work and i have some chores to do, so let me think on it and will post soon. Hopefully, Wake will post before i get back, if she is around.
Crain_S
Crain_S
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by wakeangel Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:47 pm

Posted, my dear. Sorry to keep you all waiting.

And welcome to the fray, ElRey! (Hey, I rhymed! >w<) Loved your first post. ~rubs hands together~ This is gonna be fun!
wakeangel
wakeangel
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ElRey Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:44 am

Thanks, Wake! Glad to be here.

Fun indeed... /evil laugh
/scary music
/lightning
ElRey
ElRey
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:32 am

I'm sorry, but I have to drop out. Due to circumstances at home I'm dropping as much roleplays as possible and there's one other I'm currently in which draws my attention more. Luckily, you've got enough people to keep this going, so enjoy Smile I'm really sorry.
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by wakeangel Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:14 am

Aww, I'm sorry you're going, but I'm sure we all understand. Life comes first. I hope everything turns out okay for you.
wakeangel
wakeangel
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by wakeangel Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:54 am

Damn, I owe you guys a long post. Things are really starting to move. This is awesome. ^_^ I work all day today, but I'll try to have a post up tonight.
wakeangel
wakeangel
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by wakeangel Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:55 pm

I apologize for keeping you all waiting. Kind of a crazy week and a slight misunderstanding about post order. I'll try to keep my posts more timely.
wakeangel
wakeangel
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Crain_S Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:22 pm

From now on, i think we should let others know if we are waiting on someone else to post. I was waiting because I didn't really have a whole lot to work with/respond to. Just let each other know if you are passing or postponing your turn.
Crain_S
Crain_S
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElRey Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:53 pm

On that note, I'm going to wait for your guy scene to play out a little more before Avriel shows up at the bar. Seeing as she'd need to drive over there anyway rather than teleport.

Plus I think you guys need to have your own internal drama before things get really hectic and Abbot shows up. Razz
ElRey
ElRey
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by wakeangel Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:20 pm

Haha, but teleportation is sooo much faster! ~-^ My next post will be up today.
wakeangel
wakeangel
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Crain_S Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:32 am

Teleportation might be messy...especially if that is the Price. You can teleport, but you won't be put back together again after.
Crain_S
Crain_S
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElRey Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:11 am

Crain_S wrote:Teleportation might be messy...especially if that is the Price. You can teleport, but you won't be put back together again after.

Avriel Abbot sat on a wall, Avirel Abbot had a great fall. All the kings horses and all the kings men couldn't put Avriel back together again.

Foreshadowing much?
ElRey
ElRey
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Crain_S Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:14 am

Maaaaaaaaaybe.

She will suffer. And there will be blood. Oh, yes, there will be blood.
Crain_S
Crain_S
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Klikxx Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:24 pm

Edmund has left the biulding!

He will return after Jack and Kate's have had their conversation and Avriel has dug her nails into the situation.

Crain, if in the mean time you would like to explore a conversation between Edmund and Kringle(after all I still have his phone) let me know and we can hash out some details via PM. It could add some more drama into Jack's life when he finds out Kringle knows of his incompetence(sorry it sounds harsh). Anyways, if you are not interested I am sure I can keep myself busy in one way or another until the plot progresses to a point where I can return.
Klikxx
Klikxx
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElRey Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:41 pm

Avriel's incoming...

Time for things to get hectic Smile
ElRey
ElRey
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next