FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final Fantasy inspired role play?

+5
Falciferum
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
EverMan
Attie
Psychotic Flesh
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Final Fantasy inspired role play? - Page 2 Empty Re: Final Fantasy inspired role play?

Post by Psychotic Flesh Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:19 pm

Furigana wrote:If you want, I can step down- as I mentioned before, I'm a bit of a n00b when it comes to FF characterisation and I wouldn't want to mess anything up ^_^

Not at all!
You are more than welcome to stay, and it doesn't matter if you don't know much about Final Fantasy as we're only using the characters. We'll be creating our own plot, heroes, villains and everything else, so please don't worry!
^^

EverMan wrote:Yea, the whole school thing wouldn't really fit. I think maybe it should revolve around a quest maybe? Or some common goal?

I agree, it would definitely feel more 'right' to have something closer to an adventure, as the games are.
As I said before, please feel free to elaborate on any of your ideas.

Falciferum wrote:I'll elaborate on the idea I had a bit. This is also going to be one paragraph, I write summaries in that form. Also it's vauge on character's and settings, and is riddled with cliches. But when I said I wanted to get back to basics one might have expected them.

All of our characters are transported/sent/whatever to a palace of a king or ruler of some portion of land. He needs our characters to go on a quests to stop someone who he says is doing wrong, a villain character. He tells each character what he/she truly wants, which would provide a motive for them to go on the quest. And of course they won't be able to return to their home if they don't help. After this we go to a town which he tells us would hold information about the villain and we get some false information, but we go along with it because we don't know it's false. We end up finding something useful out of it and continue on our journey for the enemy. We go around the world, which we can make as large or as small as we want, and eventually find the villain. Upon finding and beating him we learn that he isn't truly evil and that the guy who called us here really is. Alternatively he could be a bad guy, but he wouldn't be the mastermind of the operation. And the plot can go a number of ways from either of those two roads.

The simplicity of the story would allow us to do a lot with it, change it up regularly and keep it entertaining. I was thinking we could split up at one point, either because of a fight or to search more broadly. Just my thoughts on the plot, hope that helps for elaboration.

I like this, a lot.
If everyone else likes it too, then it could definitely be our plot line.

Splitting up works too, especially due to a fight. Very exciting idea, and I'd love to know what the others could add to it.
Psychotic Flesh
Psychotic Flesh
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy inspired role play? - Page 2 Empty Re: Final Fantasy inspired role play?

Post by Eternity Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:17 pm

Interested
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Falciferum Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:58 pm

Attie likely isn't going to be around for this, I don't know how long she's not participating in RPs for, so we could temporarily remove her and let someone take her place. If you're concerned with the amount of people dragging the RP down you could just say if they don't post after X amount of days then we will just move them along through the story ourselves. Then if they never respond we can just remove them and play on. The trouble isn't rooting out people who aren't dedicated it's finding people who are.

Thank you, Psychotic, it's very basic, but I'm glad you like it.
Falciferum
Falciferum
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Furigana Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:21 pm

Alright, I'll try my best with characterisation and I'll look out for any more posts here!

Furigana
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Attie Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:39 pm

I am here.

Edit: I was gone for a bit, and not responding at all to Roleplays due to RL complications, but I have returned, if I had yet to be replaced.
Attie
Attie
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

http://confidencephotography.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Falciferum Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:47 pm

Hooray, Attie is back. Glad to have ya.

Feel free to disregard the part about Attie not being here, (obviously) but the rest remains something to think about if you want.
Falciferum
Falciferum
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Attie Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:29 pm

I second his notions about delayed people ,etc etc. Myself, if we had already started and I was unable to post, I would prefer people to carry on without me and if permission were granted, I would find a way to fit myself back in once things looked up. And not always are people able to tell when their internet goes out or they will be gone for x amount of time. There should be an understood general rule that things may be continued.
Attie
Attie
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychotic Flesh Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:33 am

Eternity wrote:Interested

I'm REALLY sorry, but I think I'm going to have to say no now. Eight people is a very large number, especially when I intended to stop at six, and nine would just be crazy.
It could be workable though, if someone else becomes inactive, for whatever reason.

Falciferum wrote:Attie likely isn't going to be around for this, I don't know how long she's not participating in RPs for, so we could temporarily remove her and let someone take her place. If you're concerned with the amount of people dragging the RP down you could just say if they don't post after X amount of days then we will just move them along through the story ourselves. Then if they never respond we can just remove them and play on. The trouble isn't rooting out people who aren't dedicated it's finding people who are.

Thank you, Psychotic, it's very basic, but I'm glad you like it.

Please call me Pain.
Wink

Furigana wrote:Alright, I'll try my best with characterisation and I'll look out for any more posts here!

I'm sure you'll do fine, and we're not going to jump on you, wildly wielding a hammer if you do make a mistake. As I said before though, I highly doubt you'll have need to be corrected, as this is a completely different world and story.

Attie wrote:I am here.

Edit: I was gone for a bit, and not responding at all to Roleplays due to RL complications, but I have returned, if I had yet to be replaced.

No worries, I wasn't about to kick you out lol.
I've had my share of computer problems, so I completely understand when someone is unable to access the internet.
Welcome back.
^^

Falciferum wrote:Hooray, Attie is back. Glad to have ya.

Feel free to disregard the part about Attie not being here, (obviously) but the rest remains something to think about if you want.

So many quotes!
xD

Once again, I like your idea.
Instead of 'kicking' people out, I'd rather that we just continue with those who are able to post and work the others back in later. With your plot idea, it would be easy to have characters disappear for a while, especially as we mentioned a split, so it's very workable.

Attie wrote:I second his notions about delayed people ,etc etc. Myself, if we had already started and I was unable to post, I would prefer people to carry on without me and if permission were granted, I would find a way to fit myself back in once things looked up. And not always are people able to tell when their internet goes out or they will be gone for x amount of time. There should be an understood general rule that things may be continued.

I'm the person that always puts that rule in place, as I can be very slow to post sometimes due to real life priorities. To me, nothing online is more important than anything off it, especially family and work related issues, so expect me to be extremely patient, as I ask you guys to do the same.
Psychotic Flesh
Psychotic Flesh
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:52 am

i like Falciferum's idea of the gathering of our characters, and lying to them. I'm all about the betrayal stories Smile

I'm still pondering Characters however... Will there be a deadline on that, or no- since a story is yet to be solidified?
Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychotic Flesh Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:12 pm

Spectre wrote:i like Falciferum's idea of the gathering of our characters, and lying to them. I'm all about the betrayal stories Smile

I'm still pondering Characters however... Will there be a deadline on that, or no- since a story is yet to be solidified?

I'm very against deadlines in role play, especially as I can be slow to respond at times, which I mentioned before. That includes character selection and plot line too, although I don't want this to be dragging on forever, to the point where everyone is bored and fed up.
Laughing

So far, no one has voiced any concerns regarding Falciferum's idea, and unless someone does, or another plot is created by someone else, it looks like it will be our story.
Psychotic Flesh
Psychotic Flesh
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:33 pm

Excellent. I really like his idea, not that i'm NOT willing to read any other ideas- i'd be more than happy to go along with that one.

How about a setting? Maybe more medieval fantasy style, where technology has been destroyed and mostly forgotten... a-la Final Fantasy Tactics? Maybe FFXII where it's mostly medieval fantasy, though they use airships and the like...? I never played FFXII but i saw some trailers and stuff for it. I think it'd be a really cool idea to do something on the lines of that sort of setting/timeline.

I think it'd be cool to have a sort of Religious leader group us all together from different worlds to collect something for him. Though as we collect the artifacts [or whatever it is theyre looking for] and fight through a few fortresses, we learn from the reactions of each protectorate group that the artifacts brought together would lead to the destruction of the world by summoning something unheard of??

So basically a twist and on the lines of Falciferum's idea....?
Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by EverMan Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:46 pm

But, I thought it would be more then a fighting style RP.
EverMan
EverMan
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:42 pm

Sure. I don't want it to be a fight based roleplay either. I'm just bringing up that there should be some sort of struggle. Not necessarily all violence. Im just trying to push this into movement a little xD
Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ToughLove Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:25 am

Dang, seems I'm a bit late to join. Oh well, i shall enjoy reading how it plays out! If i can throw an idea or two out there though? If you have not played Disidia, you should. it gives some good background on the main characters from FF1-FF10. Also, the whole story of the game is a great setting to RP in. Its the original FF story, but with all the FF main characters and villians. They are in a non-stop battle, constantly fighting each other, then being reborn to fight each other again. As the story progresses, the heros start learning the truth, they they have been locked in battle for eternity (though the villians seem to have already found this out).

Mabey not what you're looking for, or most likely you are set in the storyline you have already come up with. Just throwing ideas out there Razz
ToughLove
ToughLove
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychotic Flesh Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:11 pm

Spectre wrote:Excellent. I really like his idea, not that i'm NOT willing to read any other ideas- i'd be more than happy to go along with that one.

How about a setting? Maybe more medieval fantasy style, where technology has been destroyed and mostly forgotten... a-la Final Fantasy Tactics? Maybe FFXII where it's mostly medieval fantasy, though they use airships and the like...? I never played FFXII but i saw some trailers and stuff for it. I think it'd be a really cool idea to do something on the lines of that sort of setting/timeline.

I think it'd be cool to have a sort of Religious leader group us all together from different worlds to collect something for him. Though as we collect the artifacts [or whatever it is theyre looking for] and fight through a few fortresses, we learn from the reactions of each protectorate group that the artifacts brought together would lead to the destruction of the world by summoning something unheard of??

So basically a twist and on the lines of Falciferum's idea....?

Medieval is a wonderful genre, but does that mean no technology at all? I know it generally means the simplest ways of life, but how about things like electricity? Also, would our character use their own methods of fighting? For example, in VII, the characters use materia, and in X they have dresspheres. Or, we could just have them fight it out, old style without magic at all, just weapons and plain old muscle power.

I like this idea.
^^

EverMan wrote:But, I thought it would be more then a fighting style RP.

I don't want this to be a battle based role play, don't worry, and from reading the thread, no one else does either. I want it to be about the betrayal of the 'King' {if we use the plot suggested} and the friendships and possible relationships between our characters, as well as everything else in between.

ToughLove wrote:Dang, seems I'm a bit late to join. Oh well, i shall enjoy reading how it plays out! If i can throw an idea or two out there though? If you have not played Disidia, you should. it gives some good background on the main characters from FF1-FF10. Also, the whole story of the game is a great setting to RP in. Its the original FF story, but with all the FF main characters and villians. They are in a non-stop battle, constantly fighting each other, then being reborn to fight each other again. As the story progresses, the heros start learning the truth, they they have been locked in battle for eternity (though the villians seem to have already found this out).

Mabey not what you're looking for, or most likely you are set in the storyline you have already come up with. Just throwing ideas out there Razz

I'm sorry.
=(
I hate having to say no to people, I really do. But if you do read the role play as it progresses, and anyone drops out, it could be your chance.
Very Happy

As for your idea, it sounds like an awful lot of fighting. Thank you for the input, but as I said before, this isn't going to be a battle based role play. I do hope you enjoy whatever we create, though!
Psychotic Flesh
Psychotic Flesh
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Attie Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:43 pm

Thank God this isn't going to be a fighting styled roleplay. Haha, not that I wouldn't accept the challenge, but I am not very good at those at ALL and I lose interest quick if there's no story advancement, etc etc.

I am hoping there is enough technology for an airship at the least, since I was hoping for my version of Dagger to have one (but if this isn't available, hey, I'm also playing a chocobo and she can get around that way instead!) Otherwise, Spectre's idea sounds alright, though I didn't play Tactics. I'm trying to remember, but I believe there was a lot of 'simplistic to basics' in FF9, though they did have electricity (lighting, etc). They just didn't derive solely upon the technology they had.

But I'm adaptable and I am up for almost anything but a fighting based RP! ^^
Attie
Attie
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:41 am

Tactics was very much like a regular medieval setting. The only technology that was around were a handful of flintlock guns drug from a 'dead machine' country/city where all technology had been forgotten. However it implied that there used to be airships and the like. But yanno what? I don't think the details should matter 'too' much considering i think this should sorta be our own world Very Happy

Anyhow... As far as technology goes... As a personal preference, and this is just me here- is that i'd like to stick to a very medieval setting. However- i think it'd be cool to have 'some' airships (mostly because i have a severe love of Chocobos, and don't want them obsolete yet xD). Where not powered by electricity- however powered by a sort of magic energy or somethin'. SO... yeah i guess Sorta like 'Ivalice', which is the world in both Tactics and FFxii.

And as far as Materia, dresspheres, auracite, and all that good stuff could be free game- considering it's all Final Fantasy.. it would all work? However as far as the Materia, etc. the character own- shouldn't be the 'all powerful' type, of course. That, would certainly make things boring quickly.

as far as fighting goes. You're right i don't want this to be a fighting/battle roleplay. I'm not a fan of those. However, i think it would be hard to avoid it completely. Since it 'IS' final fantasy, and most characters are warriors, sorcerors, or some liking.. theres gotta be goblins, moogles, ShinRa, something? So, where not a focus, or a major element... I'd entertain the thought of having a couple one, or two turned battles. Nothing expansive or too detailed. Just something quick and apparent. Or even one or two important plot pivotal battles..... OR is it just me? Which it very well could be. haha.
Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by EverMan Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:53 am

Maybe we should get an OOC going?
EverMan
EverMan
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychotic Flesh Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:50 am

I don't see why you can't have airships, I'd have no problem with that.

Also, there will be fights, they just won't be the main focus of the story. I find them to be quite constricting, and I personally find them rather dull as well.

As for the OOC thread, I shall have one up soon.
^^
Psychotic Flesh
Psychotic Flesh
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2