FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Astral Voyager, a Planescape-inspired humorous-fantasy RP.

4 posters

Go down

The Astral Voyager, a Planescape-inspired humorous-fantasy RP. Empty The Astral Voyager, a Planescape-inspired humorous-fantasy RP.

Post by Guest Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:39 pm

I sort of had the idea of running a party-based fantasy adventure of sorts. I don't want to spoil things with spoilers, but I was going to go along the line of: Some farmer plowing his field comes across a stone that is written upon, and digs deeper to find...well, something. The plot will progress from that point.

Update: Then I decided, why do conventional fantasy when I can do UNCONVENTIONAL fantasy? So I recruited a partner in crime and here we are, with a new spin on the topic.

The essential gist of this is that the characters, for whatever reason, signed some sort of contract for employment on their respective home planes (generally a prime, more fun that way.)

Upon signing the contract, which is utterly misleading and all small print (damned baatezu solicitors) they start to walk away from the office they find the world begins to swirl and blur around them, and they form into something of a tunnel; they are pushed forward into the 'gray' and eventually emerge at a door. It is an alien door, made of a greenish metal, with a huge leering gargoyle's face upon it, with spikes, and blades. They open the door and find themselves in the hallway.

Voila, they arrive at the Astral Voyager, a ship infamous for never actually going anywhere until it randomly teleports to another location on the inner or outer planes. And your character is marooned on it, with a sanctimonious Aasimar and a seething Tiefling who is bitter because he's cooped up with the Aasimar.

Welcome to the party.

I'm keeping it basic, because I want to see what direction you guys take it; I intend to adapt my thinking to your characters. You don't need to worry about huge biographies or doing a family tree; if you're willing, I'd be happy to provide hidden twists and interesting secrets of the character's background to come out during play.

I'm keeping this in casual because I don't want to necessarily write posts as long as I do for Brushfire. I want to keep this from being time consuming for everyone so we can keep up the posting a bit.

Last edited by Heyseuss on Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:43 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

The Astral Voyager, a Planescape-inspired humorous-fantasy RP. Empty Re: The Astral Voyager, a Planescape-inspired humorous-fantasy RP.

Post by Ehoron Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:37 am

So like.... maybe a Wizard or Sorcerer?
Ehoron
Ehoron
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

The Astral Voyager, a Planescape-inspired humorous-fantasy RP. Empty Re: The Astral Voyager, a Planescape-inspired humorous-fantasy RP.

Post by Aesalon Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:35 am

I am somewhat interested (the somewhat part only comes from the fact that I am involved on 6 RP's already and I am not sure at what point my head will explode)

Oh well, I'm a glutton - I'm in.
Aesalon
Aesalon
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

http://www.fbnparanormal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:11 pm

This should not be time intensive or lots of posts per paragraph. That means that each post will probably cover an action after the initial post for a given scene. I'll be numbering each scene so we know when we move to something else.

In a lot of ways, I'll be trying to narrate this, but once the scene is underway, it's a free for all, where to go, what to do, what you say and so forth. But we'll be going by the rule of each post being a single action or a single statement, rather than going for longer, more elaborate posting.

Or so I'm thinking. I'm trying to kill the uncertainty in chronology with this one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:36 am

Come to think of it, I am considering turning this into a Planescape-style/influenced/whatever RP because I crave the offbeat humor and the messed up multiverse.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:41 am

The essential gist of this is that the characters, for whatever reason, signed some sort of contract for employment on their respective home planes (generally a prime, more fun that way.)

Upon signing the contract, which is utterly misleading and all small print (damned baatezu solicitors) they start to walk away from the office they find the world begins to swirl and blur around them, and they form into something of a tunnel; they are pushed forward into the 'gray' and eventually emerge at a door. It is an alien door, made of a greenish metal, with a huge leering gargoyle's face upon it, with spikes, and blades. They open the door and find themselves in the hallway.

Voila, they arrive at the Astral Voyager, a ship infamous for never actually going anywhere until it randomly teleports to another location on the inner or outer planes. And your character is marooned on it, with a sanctimonious Aasimar and a seething Tiefling who is bitter because he's cooped up with the Aasimar.

Welcome to the party.

Back to top Go down

Post by Emptor Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:56 pm

Aesalon wrote:I am somewhat interested (the somewhat part only comes from the fact that I am involved on 6 RP's already and I am not sure at what point my head will explode)

Oh well, I'm a glutton - I'm in.

Try to find the point of head explosion.You know.......for science.I really like the idea of having a base of operations and going to wondrous lands,to set things on fire.
Emptor
Emptor
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kesteven Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:32 pm

I'm interested. I'm not that familiar with the planescape universe but that's nothing wikipedia or a couple of 'acquired' pdfs couldn't fix.
Kesteven
Kesteven
Shadow
Shadow

http://www.dissoluteproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:24 pm

Planescape's a gas, if you love humor, particularly dark humor, you'll be in for it. I'll have an OOC set up later today.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kesteven Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:39 am

Sounds good, I look forward to it! Guess in the meantime I'll have a look through the wiki article.
Kesteven
Kesteven
Shadow
Shadow

http://www.dissoluteproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:33 pm

Careful how much of the Wiki you look over. Try not to sweat it too much, as I intend for people to come to this fresh.

OOC Thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down