FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final Fantasy inspired role play?

+5
Falciferum
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
EverMan
Attie
Psychotic Flesh
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Final Fantasy inspired role play? Empty Final Fantasy inspired role play?

Post by Psychotic Flesh Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:56 am

I'm absolutely terrible at explaining my ideas, so if any of this is unclear or doesn't make sense, please tell me. Before we start planning anything, we obviously all need to be on the same page, so I have no problem elaborating, especially if it was my fault for the confusion to begin with.

Are you sitting comfortably? Here we go...

Forget the worlds of Final Fantasy; all of them. Unless we hit a snag, we won't really be needing them, and creating an entirely new and different world is easier than trying to decide which one we want to pick. What interests me is the characters within those worlds, and possibly their own histories and stories. That's where you come in.

Any and all Final Fantasy characters are available. So you can choose to be any character from any game, before we shove them all together and drop them into a strange new world. Hell, we could even erase their memories of all they knew before, and have them consider our world to be home; the options really are limitless.

Have I lost anyone yet?

Also, for reference, I'm only familiar with FFVII, X and X-2, but it really doesn't matter which games you know and love. What happened in the games isn't important to what this role play will be about, unless someone really wants to bring it to the table. I'm completely open for ideas for this, mainly because I only have a very rough outline so far, and need some sort of guidance and input from others.

Things I do know -
~ I'm going to be either Tifa or Rikku. I really can't decide at the moment.
~ This isn't going to be a battle role play. I want it to be more of a fantasy/adventure/possibly romance sorta deal. Like I said, we could take this anywhere.
~ I'm going to need at least two other people. I'm not usually a fan of group role plays, but this wouldn't really work with two people. I'd say a maximum of six though, so five others including myself.

I'm not even sure if this will attract any interest, but we shall see. Don't be afraid to ask questions, although I can't promise that I'll know the answers lol. As previously mentioned, aside from the idea of using Final Fantasy characters, plot ideas haven't really come to me yet, and I'd love your help
^^
Psychotic Flesh
Psychotic Flesh
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy inspired role play? Empty Re: Final Fantasy inspired role play?

Post by Guest Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:03 am

o 3o

This sounds fun!
Can we use someone from FFIV or just the ones you listed?

Back to top Go down

Post by Attie Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:00 pm

I'm very excited, and I think the answer to your question, Anaris, is yes! She just said she was only familiar with the others, but we're good to use them.
Attie
Attie
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

http://confidencephotography.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychotic Flesh Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:18 pm

Yay! Interest!

Regarding your question Anaris, as stated in my opening post, you can be any character from any game. As Attie said, I just mentioned VII, X and X-2 because those are the ones I'm familiar with. But, as we won't be using the story lines from the games, just the characters, it doesn't matter which ones you have played, and which ones you haven't.

Did you guys have any ideas about the character(s) you'd like to play? I'm allowing people to choose more than one, if they feel they can handle it.
Psychotic Flesh
Psychotic Flesh
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Attie Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:34 pm

Well, personally, I am torn between Rosa (FF4), Refia (FF3), Freya or Garnet (FF9), or Lulu (FFX).
Attie
Attie
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Im all about playing Rydia from FF4 and possibly Lightning from FF13

Back to top Go down

Post by Attie Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:40 pm

Ooh, I forgot about FF13! I like the teen girl.. Vanille was it?

UGH THE CHOICES.
Attie
Attie
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by EverMan Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:32 pm

OMG, sounds awesome. Lulu would be fun, though you kinda did get to her first. I might as well play a guy anyway, as it looks like we don't have any right now.
Do they have to be characters that you play in the games? Or could it be anyone from the games? Like, Seymour would be fun to use.
EverMan
EverMan
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Attie Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:54 pm

If you want to play Lulu as well as your Seymour, I won't be angry. ^^ - can choose someone else, as I've got quite a bit to pick from, Everman!
Attie
Attie
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by EverMan Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:03 pm

Hehe, sounds awesome. I just like playing mages, in RP's and video games. I'm currently half way through FF 10 right now actually, and Lulu is my favorite.
EverMan
EverMan
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychotic Flesh Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:26 pm

EverMan wrote:OMG, sounds awesome. Lulu would be fun, though you kinda did get to her first. I might as well play a guy anyway, as it looks like we don't have any right now.
Do they have to be characters that you play in the games? Or could it be anyone from the games? Like, Seymour would be fun to use.

You can be any character that features in the games, I'm really giving you all the options. Hell, you could even be a Chocobo if you really wanted, although I'm not sure how easy that would be to write.
lol!

I'm still torn between Tifa or Rikku, and the decision isn't getting any easier.
-flails-
Psychotic Flesh
Psychotic Flesh
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:15 pm

I'm extremely interested in this, if it's still open that is.

Two things, I wanted to know if you'd oppose to Blitzball being the world's favored sport and if not, I'm being Jecht.

Also, I wanted to know if you'd allow me to alter certain attributes about the character. The Jecht from FFX as we know him is an older man with a son, Tidus. I was hoping to make him younger, where he'd be an uprising star in Blitz instead of the cocky Blitz ace he is in the game. I also wanted to do this because I didn't want to have a son for the RP and it would also make me more available for any potential romance.

Let me know!
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Falciferum Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:09 am

I would totally be up for this, I haven't made a decision on character yet, but I'll let you know when I do.
Falciferum
Falciferum
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychotic Flesh Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:32 am

Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth wrote:I'm extremely interested in this, if it's still open that is.

Two things, I wanted to know if you'd oppose to Blitzball being the world's favored sport and if not, I'm being Jecht.

Also, I wanted to know if you'd allow me to alter certain attributes about the character. The Jecht from FFX as we know him is an older man with a son, Tidus. I was hoping to make him younger, where he'd be an uprising star in Blitz instead of the cocky Blitz ace he is in the game. I also wanted to do this because I didn't want to have a son for the RP and it would also make me more available for any potential romance.

Let me know!

If no one else has any objections, I'd have no problem with Blitzball being the chosen sport.

Also, the character you chose is yours to do with what you wish, so yes, you can change their attributes as you see fit. Nothing too extreme, of course, but what you mentioned it perfectly fine anyway. I think everyone so far plans to be a girl, so it's nice to have some male input in here.

Falciferum wrote:I would totally be up for this, I haven't made a decision on character yet, but I'll let you know when I do.

Well, you're the fifth person to request to join, which means this is now full.
^^
I wasn't sure how popular this would be, or if I'd get any interest at all, so thank you all for joining me. Once characters have been decided, we can begin planning the world we want to set it in, and any and all plots you'd like to see.
Psychotic Flesh
Psychotic Flesh
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:00 am

I know I want adult Rydia and Lightning for my characters.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:42 pm

I'm going to stick with a younger version of Jecht. I'm changing him to be in his early 20's and without a son. He'll have been in Blitz for a few years at this point, so his name is well known though he isn't quite dominating the sport yet.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Attie Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:21 pm

I think I will play Garnet who has already gone from Princess to Dagger (Bandit) thief and now owns her own airship in loving memory of a lost love (Zidane) who will no longer be with us. She'll be a bandit like he was!

If that's okay.

And in addition, I'd like to play an orange chocobo just barely too young to carry a passenger on it's back, riding on the airship as Garnet's only true friend.

If that's okay.
Attie
Attie
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Falciferum Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:39 pm

I would like to take up my sword, or rather, many, as Gilgamesh. He would take most from the FF XII version of the game, but I would like him to also be able to grow his extra arms like in FF V, but only in times of dire need.
Falciferum
Falciferum
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:08 pm

I think I'll take up a second character as well just to get a little more into the Blitzball aspect of this RP.

I'll be taking up the role of Wakka. He'll be a newcomer in Blitz just learning the game as a rookie for the Aurochs. Jecht, however, will be playing for the Abes.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychotic Flesh Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:32 am

Attie wrote:I think I will play Garnet who has already gone from Princess to Dagger (Bandit) thief and now owns her own airship in loving memory of a lost love (Zidane) who will no longer be with us. She'll be a bandit like he was!

If that's okay.

And in addition, I'd like to play an orange chocobo just barely too young to carry a passenger on it's back, riding on the airship as Garnet's only true friend.

If that's okay.

LOL!
I had an idea someone might take my words literally with that. If you're serious, and actually wish to play a chocobo, then you may do so. It'll definitely make the role play more interesting, and I'm all in favour of that.

What the rest of you mentioned is fine too. I've decided to be Tifa, although it was a hard choice. She'll fit in more with the group of characters we have though, and she just kicks arse.

Now, onto the next issue. What would you like to see in terms of story and plot? An action packed thriller, with a new evil bastard coming to steal the peace? Maybe something less Final Fantasy-ish? I'm open for all and any ideas and suggestions you may have.
Psychotic Flesh
Psychotic Flesh
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:12 am

Something FF-ish would be fun.

then, you have the usual school based crossover that a lot of people do.
/shrugs

I'm up for anything and at the moment, my brain is dead, so I can't be of much help. D:

Back to top Go down

Post by EverMan Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:48 pm

Alright, time to decide.
From FF8 I will be the bad ass, and I think the best, end boss, Ultimecia.
And from FFX, Seymour, the most annoying boss, as he JUST WONT DIE! *vents*
EverMan
EverMan
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychotic Flesh Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:21 am

I can't say that I'm particularly fond of the school idea, but college could be fun. It gives us more freedom and the characters would be older as well.

I'm open for any ideas really, as long as it's interesting, haha. But as everyone's interests are different, I need you guys to tell me what you'd like to see and we can go from there.
Psychotic Flesh
Psychotic Flesh
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Falciferum Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:22 pm

I would be apposed to doing a school idea, it's not what I enjoy at all. I like fantasy settings, and character development mixed with a mix of large and small scale battles.

I would like to see a classical plot line, I'm thinking older RPG themed. (Dragon Warrior, original FFs) Of course we would change the plot up and make it our own, but I've been wanting to get back to basics as of late. It's only suggestion, and an incredibly vague one at that, so we can just see what others think of it, or throw it out, whatever ya want.
Falciferum
Falciferum
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:14 pm

Oooohhh... i like. Especially if it's more fantasy based like it's own FF story. . . . Maybe like FFXI where it's all old school fantasy based. Or you could do something like the newer FF's, FF Xiii, where the theme seems to be major corporations or huge forces, or a monster trying to overtake the little guy, or dominate the world by using a certain resource or something. haha.

Either way, I'm very interested in the idea. Will we all have to use Canon characters? or will we be able to do Originals at all? Doesn't matter to me i lke plenty of FF characters.... xD
Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Furigana Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:58 am

I am interested, but I have so little experience of playing FF games that I fear I would portray a character very badly/out-of-character. So I'm asking seriously, would I be able to play a character from FF1? Either that, or a big yellow chocobo! It would be an interesting challenge to attempt it without playing another character for it to interact with.

Failing those two, how difficult would it be for me to play either Red XIII or Vincent Valentine considering I am still on disc 2 of FF7? I have watched Advent Children, but that's all the plot grounding I've had.

Furigana
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychotic Flesh Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:15 pm

Falciferum wrote:I would be apposed to doing a school idea, it's not what I enjoy at all. I like fantasy settings, and character development mixed with a mix of large and small scale battles.

I would like to see a classical plot line, I'm thinking older RPG themed. (Dragon Warrior, original FFs) Of course we would change the plot up and make it our own, but I've been wanting to get back to basics as of late. It's only suggestion, and an incredibly vague one at that, so we can just see what others think of it, or throw it out, whatever ya want.

I'm keeping all ideas on the table.
^^

Did you have anything more solid to add to it, or is it really just a very vague idea? Either is fine, by the way.

Spectre wrote:Oooohhh... i like. Especially if it's more fantasy based like it's own FF story. . . . Maybe like FFXI where it's all old school fantasy based. Or you could do something like the newer FF's, FF Xiii, where the theme seems to be major corporations or huge forces, or a monster trying to overtake the little guy, or dominate the world by using a certain resource or something. haha.

Either way, I'm very interested in the idea. Will we all have to use Canon characters? or will we be able to do Originals at all? Doesn't matter to me i lke plenty of FF characters.... xD

Furigana wrote:I am interested, but I have so little experience of playing FF games that I fear I would portray a character very badly/out-of-character. So I'm asking seriously, would I be able to play a character from FF1? Either that, or a big yellow chocobo! It would be an interesting challenge to attempt it without playing another character for it to interact with.

Failing those two, how difficult would it be for me to play either Red XIII or Vincent Valentine considering I am still on disc 2 of FF7? I have watched Advent Children, but that's all the plot grounding I've had.

-flails-
I really don't want to stop people joining, but I did want to close this after we had six people, and you guys take it up to eight.
=(

Large role plays have more chance of dying, and obviously I don't want that to happen. Especially as Vincent Valentine is now being added to the mix. I love him.
xD

Okay guys, you have a decision to make. I don't want to say no to anyone, but I don't want this to die either, and it would be highly unfair for me to push out the people who asked first in favour of someone who has just expressed their interest, SO! If you have no problem with a group of eight, then I have no problems either.

Just don't let it die, kay?
Laughing
Psychotic Flesh
Psychotic Flesh
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Furigana Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:22 pm

If you want, I can step down- as I mentioned before, I'm a bit of a n00b when it comes to FF characterisation and I wouldn't want to mess anything up ^_^

Furigana
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by EverMan Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:48 pm

Yea, the whole school thing wouldn't really fit. I think maybe it should revolve around a quest maybe? Or some common goal?
EverMan
EverMan
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Falciferum Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:16 am

I'll elaborate on the idea I had a bit. This is also going to be one paragraph, I write summaries in that form. Also it's vauge on character's and settings, and is riddled with cliches. But when I said I wanted to get back to basics one might have expected them.

All of our characters are transported/sent/whatever to a palace of a king or ruler of some portion of land. He needs our characters to go on a quests to stop someone who he says is doing wrong, a villain character. He tells each character what he/she truly wants, which would provide a motive for them to go on the quest. And of course they won't be able to return to their home if they don't help. After this we go to a town which he tells us would hold information about the villain and we get some false information, but we go along with it because we don't know it's false. We end up finding something useful out of it and continue on our journey for the enemy. We go around the world, which we can make as large or as small as we want, and eventually find the villain. Upon finding and beating him we learn that he isn't truly evil and that the guy who called us here really is. Alternatively he could be a bad guy, but he wouldn't be the mastermind of the operation. And the plot can go a number of ways from either of those two roads.

The simplicity of the story would allow us to do a lot with it, change it up regularly and keep it entertaining. I was thinking we could split up at one point, either because of a fight or to search more broadly. Just my thoughts on the plot, hope that helps for elaboration.
Falciferum
Falciferum
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next