FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emoria: World-Building OOC

+14
Shadow Moonseye
Buzzwulf
Hello Danger
Caleb
Gabe
Sighlent
Kalon Ordona II
Guilty Carrion
Dax
ImmortalSin
Gunneh
Kathryn Lacey
Bird of Hermes
Gadreille
18 posters

Page 32 of 33 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Go down

Emoria: World-Building OOC - Page 32 Empty Re: Emoria: World-Building OOC

Post by Dax Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:35 pm

Very perrrty, Kalon! Nod

I would also just like to extend a `Its all good` to Deadeye, as well. Very Happy
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:17 pm

So...we have, basically, three empty world-spaces. I can message Elric and Immortal Sin to ask if they are going to continue. I would message Sighlent, but she never returns my PM's.

My question is this: What should we do with them? If they have no intention of rejoining, do we scratch the land and start over? I don't really want to do this because of the effor that has been put into them and because other nations are tied to them already.
So should we make them non-playable nations? Places we can destroy through the story if we want, leaving them claimable to someone knew who wants to rebuild there?
Or should we give each of these places to their closest neighbors do deal with? I would like some input (a lot of input actually) before I make any decisions. I don't want to piss them off either, or make it so that they can't ever come back...but this kind of dampens our creativity with the story, you know?

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:21 pm

So should we make them non-playable nations? Places we can destroy through the story if we want, leaving them claimable to someone knew who wants to rebuild there?

I think this option would work best.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:22 pm

That is what Ryona and I are supporting as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:55 pm

Let me raze at least one of them in the coming war, That would allow someone new to build up and give a credible example of why the MoN are an actual threat.

Just an idea, what do people think?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:57 pm

You'd have to be a little covert, Raptor. If you burn down a nation, the other nations might freak out. While it does make a good message, and does establish why you're a threat, if the other nations see one get burn down, everyone and their grandmother would come kicking down your door...or with talks of peace treaties. XD

Not shooting down the idea, mind you. Just offering some humble advice.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:58 pm

I was honestly thinking about Sighlents lands (Breale? I think?) being destroyed. It would be a significant blow to most of the peoples of Emoria, and a stronger cause to unite. But that depends on Sighlents response. Valinyx is really too far away to be significant to you, though Fermata might work. It would be harder, however, considering it is an island nation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:09 pm

Plaguewalker wrote:You'd have to be a little covert, Raptor. If you burn down a nation, the other nations might freak out. While it does make a good message, and does establish why you're a threat, if the other nations see one get burn down, everyone and their grandmother would come kicking down your door...or with talks of peace treaties. XD

Not shooting down the idea, mind you. Just offering some humble advice.

I totally agree with you. Which is why Morgarath would not openly go to war on them. He would use more subtle tactics. Hire mercs and stuff to raid and cause general havoc to the nation and then wait for the anarchy and chaos to descend. Maybe send a few of his creatures to pretend to be part of the mercs. Who knows.

There are many ways to solve any problem. That was just an idea. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:15 pm

He could also use the Tynir. They're pretty good at guerilla warfare, and are brutal enough not to leave survivors of any sort. Tynir commanders for the legions of mercs and what not.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:57 am

Wow, yeah. I second the destruction of the Sretin Providences.
Not because I dislike them, but because I love them! I imagine the Shadow would naturally seek to mar and destroy the most beautiful and peaceful of locations the most. It's also a cold, brutal, effective strategy, since the Breale lands probably represent a significant amount of Emoria's agriculture. It would be a strain on other nations to be without those crucial resources.

The picture of peace, tranquility, wellbeing, and prosperity. A slap to the face of Shadow. A defiance of its cruelty. The natural and perfect target of its malice.

*shiver*
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:45 am

Yup, Let us do that.

-begins making devious plans-

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:19 pm

Well, lets give Sighlent a chance to respond. Silvone and Kathryn are both trying to get ahold of her, so we'll give it a bit before we give the OK. She deserves a fair chance before we destroy all of her hard work just for sake of story!

If she doesn't come back or doesn't respond, I do think it would be an awesome addition to the story.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:14 pm

Sighlent has messaged me and informed me that she won't be participating in this role-play, and has given us permission to do what we want with her world-space, the Sretin Provinces. So, lets do it justice and destroy it good and proper! No...I'm kidding. We'll see what happens when we reach that point.

I still haven't heard from Elric or ImmortalSin though. I'll let you guys know when I do.

Edit: Elric will no longer be participating in Emoria either. So Fermata is a non-playable nation as well, though able to be affected through IC story-telling, on consensus of all members.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:15 pm

Since Fermata is out, it might be interesting to have them attack the Swamplands, on consensus of all members.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:54 pm

Sounds fine to me.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:41 pm

I dunno, doesn't Fermata totally keep to themselves?
It's been a while since I read Elric's world-space sheet.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:43 pm

Fermata attack my lands?! HOW DARE THOSE MUSIC BASED FIENDS! Let them come! I will throw the dogs back into the sea, and raze their lands to the grounds!

Edit: *grumbles to himself* I thought you meant the marshes...not the swamps. My mistake. Although i'd totally support invasion in my place. It would be a lovely reinforcement of why the Tynir are arming themselves.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:29 pm

Well, if any of this happens, Vatienne will have to stick their nosy nose (pun intended... you know it was funny) into ALL of these affairs.

Even if MoN obliterates the SP (sretin Provinces), then Vatienne will have seent a small military force to try and defend it against the mercenaries (or whatever is attacking it). I know theyll get wrecked, but they must be present. I dont think that should pose a problem to anyone. The S.P is a Vatiennien ally anyway.

Same for Fermata, who is a sort of sister/rival country to Vatienne. Theyll have something to do with them as well.
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:43 pm

Kalon Ordona II wrote:I dunno, doesn't Fermata totally keep to themselves?
It's been a while since I read Elric's world-space sheet.

I need to re read it as well, but I know that Elric and I had previously agreed that Fermata and the Swamplands were on uneasy trading truce. Perhaps hostilities woulds start with Fermata's cessation of trading with the Swamplands, and that leads to eventual warfare. Perhaps the lands were somehow influenced by the Mountains of Night.

It's just an idea thrown out there for future consideration.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:47 am

Mercenaries eh? Anyone who's read my character sheet should know where I'm going with this one...

The Ayre are not a very unified people, and will undertake any contract if the payment is high enough. I designed them with the intention of having them be a tolerated, yet not highly trusted people. If everyone is ok with it, I will get in touch with Raptorman and Plaguewalker on the matter.

HD, I am also waiting on your response to the matter we discussed last week. Very Happy
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Danger Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:35 am

I'm still with you. Just haven't gotten around to responding to the PM. I'll hit you up sometime tonight Very Happy
Hello Danger
Hello Danger
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:16 pm

Alright, ImmortalSin just responded to my PM. She won't be participating in Emoria due to a heavy workload, and has given us permission to do what we will with her lands.

I guess that just means we are waiting on Shadow Moonseye and Plaguewalker (and, forgive me, but I'm not sure whether they will be posting soon or not because of RL issues...?), and no one else is in question anymore. We can forge ahead!

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:20 pm

I asked Shadow Moonseye and she requested that we still wait for them. So my guess is relatively soon!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:25 pm

Still trying to get a post up, and failing at the moment, I will eventually get one up I just seem to be having a block of sorts ugh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:17 am

Barring worldwide cataclysm, I will have a post up tonight. I have been working overtime because of the warm weather picking up, but I finally have a free weekend. Even if its just a short post I will have something up.
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:32 pm

Pardon the double post, but I just wanted to point out that my post is finally finished. It's about as long as my first one, and I'm sure I'll edit it several times...but I FINALLY got something put up, hurrah!
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzwulf Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:15 am

I liked your post. I think that you're quickly showing the depth of thought that you've put into your worldspace, and I love seeing that. Your "adrenaline rushes" are kind of a cool defect, one I never would have thought of. Never let Saint know that they happen to you, though... he'll try to cut on someone to figure out what causes it. Very Happy
Buzzwulf
Buzzwulf
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 10, 2010 3:44 am

Here are the list of inconsistincies and issues as I see them, as well as those that have been brought to my attention. I may not remember all of them now, so I may update the list in the future. Feel free to add to it in your own posts, and feel even more free to offer some suggestions as to how to resolve these issues.

1. This is, perhaps one of the top two issues that are causing problems in this role-play. I am not trying to be mean, or point fingers or place blame: I am simply stating a fact here. I'm tired of stepping around peoples toes. Some things need to be brought out into the open (or back out into the open).

Morgorath.

He is a super-powerful character put into the hands of a single player. Why does this cause issues? Because everyone feels the need to compete, to make their characters and nations as strong or stronger. What does this result in? An incredibly imbalanced world. To their credit, Kathryn and Raptorman both made a lot of sacrifices in trying to meld their two powerful nations. Yet problems still remain. I honestly don't know how to solve this because I wouldn't ask Raptorman to throw out...well everything. What I think needs to happen is everyone, and I mean everyone, needs to throw out, now, what issues they have with Morgorath and the M.O.N. concerning its level of power. Morgorath, by his very nature, is a strong individual. Is he too strong? Is he not strong enough? Does he seem unbeatable? Should he be beatable? I don't have the answers. We all need to discuss this, sooner rather than later.

2. This is the second of the top two issues, in my own opinion. Alos, the great spirit that leads the elves of Kalon's world-space. From the beginning I established that I didn't want any religions that would have any factual evidence: that includes no deities that could interact with the world. I want to say, Alos is really pushing that boundary. I may be the only one who has a problem with it, but I honestly got tired of hearing "well they would know because Alos told them." I've had to address this topic with Raptorman and I think I need to bring it up here: balance. Alos, for these elves, is an extremely unbalanced being that stretches the Lore of Emoria to a certain degree. For the same reasons with Morgorath, I can't ask you to just do away with it. This is something else that NEEDS group discussion. I cannot, and will not, make any final decisions without hearing things from people. I need input, or my decisions seem like they came from no where and end up pissing people off. Again, maybe I'm the only one who has a real problem with it. If so, I can certainly live with it. I just think it is a bit overpowering considering the rest of the peoples of Emoria. He is as close to a deity as you can get without stating that he is one. I really didn't want to go there. I wanted a world where the people relied on themselves to make their own decisions, because that was what was going to prevent inconsistincies. You add in ancient beings with power and knowledge and you conflicts of interest.

3. The portals. This whole thing, I will admit, has confused me from the very beginning. I've had Kathryn and Bird of Hermes explain it me several times, and I still don't really understand it. Honestly, I don't think anyone does. At least, not everyone has the same understanding. I think this needs to be addressed. What are the portals? Are they secret or common knowledge? How are they used and who can use them? Rather than just stating these things, we need to, as I stated above, collaborate as an entire group to decide which scenarios work best. Is it good for everyone that they remain a secret to all but a select few? Should anyone actually be able to use them? I don't want to just do away with them because they have become an intrical part of Emoria now. What we need to do is just fix it. Make it cohesive and understandable - to everyone.

4. Guns/gun powder. This was accepted on a limited bases. It was stated openly from the beginning. Yet it recently caused a big to-do. I do not have any problems with it, so far as what has been established. If any one does have problems with it (and I don't mean by saying "we need to get rid of it" because I'm not one to get rid of anyone's work), we need to address those problems here and now. Changes may not be made, but at least we can get these things out and in the open. We also need something written about them, to be put in the information thread, that gives some concrete details for other players to refer to. You don't need to add anything in that might spoil future plots or anything. Just some basics that would be known across Emoria: that they exist, that they are powerful, and that they are limited in number. Perhaps gunpowder is expensiver to create, or its required materials rare. I don't know...I don't even know how to make gunpowder. But I do know we need to establish a few things, mostly issues that should be brought up here, and have it put up in the Information thread.

That is all I can think of at the moment. Please, post up your own issues so we can have them addressed and, hopefully, fixed.

Again, I don't mean to insult anyone or piss anyone off. These are things I've not only heard from others, but that I have issues with myself. We need a common understanding on these issues or this role-play WILL fail.

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Mon May 10, 2010 4:16 am

As it stands now, I have no problems with what has already been established.

Morgorath is a very powerful being, but he is also the key badguy in this RP. I foresee several occasions of headbutting once direct conflict between warring nations comes into play, but that is to be expected from any RP that has players on either side. It is unavoidable, yet it is far too soon to make any decisions as to how that is going to play out. I'm mainly stating this in hopes that people will put some thought as to what they will be willing to sacrifice to get the result they desire and be prepared if things do not pan out in the way they had hoped. That bridge is still far off in the horizon, but is going to be one hell of an obstacle once we approach it. Negotiations and sacrifices will have to be made by everybody involved if there is any hope of this RP succeeding.

As for Alos, I have no opinion either way. I can see the points on either side of the argument and think that they are both valid in their statements.

In terms of the portals, I've been playing as though they are simply a myth, if not entirely unheard of since that is what I was told at the beginning of this RP. Venteux;s mention of it in the council makes an opening for some flexibility, but as far as how to work it remains an unknown.

I am pleased with the current ruling of gunpowder. It has been permitted (in the form of massive cannons) from the very beginning because of DeadEye's nation (that is if I recall properly). I think Danger's implementation of this technology is more than fair considering he has given up armor and sorcery for the sake of having rudimentary firearms that, in my opinion, are well balanced when compared to the standard bow and arrow. Yes, gunpowder is powerful, but it can be just as dangerous to the user as it is to the target with such early forms of the weapons. Furthermore, I am getting the impression that HD is planning on splitting his nation so that there are pirate clans with gunpowder technology on both sides of the war; how could it get any more balanced than that?

There are my two-cents to the aforementioned issues and I look forward to reading the opinions of other players.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 10, 2010 6:23 am

To address the first of your points I feel that Morgarath is not too powerful considering the way the world is. There is significantly more good than evil in the world, therefore evil has to be powerful. Now I know you have to just take this on faith but I have been the villain, many many times on other sites in RPs nearing this in scale. I will make sure that he is not god modded in any way. Unless it is an approved plot device event that everyone likes.

Second thing. Alos, I don't really know what to make of him. Though he is supposedly even older than Morgarath is and some sort of light holy good guy. Which makes me a little wary about him. Ancient crusading good guys tend to be more overpowered than ancient evil. -that is purely based on my experiences, I have full faith in Kalon to portray him well-

Portals I really don't have anything much to say about sorry.

As for guns. If they are kept at that level you detailed for the RP then I don't mind them too much. Just no massive armies with everyone having guns please.

All in all though I think we are doing quite well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 33 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33  Next