FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emoria: World-Building OOC

+14
Shadow Moonseye
Buzzwulf
Hello Danger
Caleb
Gabe
Sighlent
Kalon Ordona II
Guilty Carrion
Dax
ImmortalSin
Gunneh
Kathryn Lacey
Bird of Hermes
Gadreille
18 posters

Page 17 of 33 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 33  Next

Go down

Emoria: World-Building OOC - Page 17 Empty Re: Emoria: World-Building OOC

Post by Hello Danger Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:08 am

Haha, they're more like slums... to be honest.

Thanks, though! My best friend did it for me.

edit- I just got your PM, Dax. I'll hit you back sometime today or tomorrow.
Hello Danger
Hello Danger
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:21 am

Still working on my improved character sheet. Turned out to be longer than expected, because I decided to delve deeper into the mythology of my culture; should be finished some time this weekend.
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:40 pm

Inbreeding worked long ago because the genetic strains were much stronger. It's been diluted over time, or something like that, so that's why inbreeding has bad effects now. Smile
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:57 pm

Ah, well, then I suppose it doesn't matter if five elves became thousands if their genes are super strong. XD

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:20 pm

I know people are waiting for my character sheet. Here's what I have so far; I'll just have to update it as I get more information. I don't want to hold anybody up. Smile

Username: Kalon Ordona II
Character Name: Chälan Irrdánë
Species/Race: Thendári
Physical Description: [add stuff about avatar + whatever else is needed]
Skills: [combat, art, music, paladin-related stuff, and things like that]

World-space: Aendrel, the western half of Irrihyánë, the great western island continent of Emoria, full of lush forests, grassy hills, gorgeous mountains and plentiful rivers. Aendrel is the land of the Thendári, and is mostly covered by forests.
Allies: The Light Plane, Äm, Taulë Arda, Vatienne, Fermata
Enemies: The Shadow Plane, the Mountains of Night
Religion/Deity(s): Alos, Lord of Light [their religion involves the Spirit Plane, but it's centered around Alos. they see him as their patron deity, sort-of. They don't so much worship him as revere him.]
Governing Body: Theocratic Republic. [twenty six elves each represent one of the twenty-six families of the thendári. they answer to Alos, but otherwise they work together to govern and direct the people. Alos, too, supplies guidance and directives on a regular basis, especially concerning paladins]

Last edited by Kalon Ordona II on Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:44 pm

Kalon, illuria is not a nation. It is an island that has been fought over several times by the Mountains of night and the Vatienne

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:03 pm

Oh, that's right. Thanks.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:06 pm

Could be an NPC nation by now. Just because it wasn't when Vatienne and the Mountains of Night were warring over them doesn't mean that people couldn't have migrated there since then. Actually, it would make perfect sense that the Sildari from both mine and Dax's nations would want to go there: A war means death, and death means spirits. The more spirits that are present, the higher the connection to the Spirit Plane.
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:26 pm

Gunneh2113 wrote:Could be an NPC nation by now. Just because it wasn't when Vatienne and the Mountains of Night were warring over them doesn't mean that people couldn't have migrated there since then. Actually, it would make perfect sense that the Sildari from both mine and Dax's nations would want to go there: A war means death, and death means spirits. The more spirits that are present, the higher the connection to the Spirit Plane.

It is still being warred over. Just not by big armies. It is sort of a stalemate situation. That is what dax and I had figured out already.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:27 pm

Sounds good.
I should have updates on the Light Plane and the Histories of Aendrel by Monday or Tuesday.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzwulf Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:01 pm

I was planning on having my worldspace up yesterday, but things have come up regarding geography and interaction, and now I'm in PM limbo again. Hoping to have it done soon!
Buzzwulf
Buzzwulf
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:51 pm

The Mountains of Night in Detail. The Portal is below the Darktower, in it's bowels.

Emoria: World-Building OOC - Page 17 The_mo10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:26 pm

Note, the name of my country is Fermata. The citizens are Fermatans.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:16 pm

Note, the name of my country is Fermata. The citizens are Fermatans.

-insert bad music joke here-

I just got that just now. I am slow. That is so awesome it is strange that I just now caught it.

Last edited by Bird of Hermes on Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:58 pm

More pointed at Kalon since he called my nation Fermatan Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:45 am

Raptorman wrote:The Mountains of Night in Detail. The Portal is below the Darktower, in it's bowels.

Question: Are those walls on the northern and southern boarders along the scale of the Great Wall of China? I'm just wondering if your nation is blocking land travel between the two continents. It would be a good enough reason as to why Plague's, Shadow's, and my races are more animal-like rather than humanoid and why the continent is mostly untamed, but it would likely mean that information between them would be somewhat choked off.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:52 am

Loki wrote:
Raptorman wrote:The Mountains of Night in Detail. The Portal is below the Darktower, in it's bowels.

Question: Are those walls on the northern and southern boarders along the scale of the Great Wall of China? I'm just wondering if your nation is blocking land travel between the two continents. It would be a good enough reason as to why Plague's, Shadow's, and my races are more animal-like rather than humanoid and why the continent is mostly untamed, but it would likely mean that information between them would be somewhat choked off.

Yes or at least the north wall is. The Razors keep pretty much everyone away to the south. Pretty much impassable mountain range. The South wall is just not as high and has less troops stationed at it.

And yes it does cut off the two continents.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Moonseye Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:13 am

Thanks for asking that, Loki. I was planning to, but I guess it slipped my mind.

And thanks to you too, Raptorman, for answering and helping patch a hole in my schemeing.
Shadow Moonseye
Shadow Moonseye
Apparition
Apparition

Female

http://shadow-moonseye.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:16 am

Glad I could help

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:13 pm

Here's my updated character sheet. If the first one was version "0.5", think of this as "1.0" and await "2.0", for I still have many more things I would like to add.

Spoiler:
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:00 pm

Well, that was a good read!

I liked it alot. Nod
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:19 pm

Wow I have a lot to read...

Once everyone's final character sheets are in, I think we are going to have to put up a holding period so that I can re-read all of these character sheets before the role play begins...or at least, those who will be in my mini role play!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:37 pm

I've actually been waiting to read all of these sheets until the majority ((including myself)) have completed their sheets. There are still many changes I'm making to my own, and I'll also have a better idea of my character's appearance once Kalon finishes my portrait. Of course, I don't mind waiting as long as he takes for the appearance because it's not as important as her background and such...

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:38 pm

Gosh, Blackrock is awesome! xD

OK everyone, here's some info on the Light Plane, and an almost-complete version of my Histories of Aendrel.

Kathryn and Hermes, let me know what you think about the Light Plane. Dax supplied a lot of inspiration for it.

Gunneh and Dax, please take a close look at the last three or four sections of the Histories, and let me know if there's anything I should add or modify. I'd love to add more if you can think of anything. In addition, I hope this sparks ideas for histories from the perspectives of Vatienne and Äm. I pulled inspiration from our chats and what is already in your character sheets.

I need to PM Elric and Kathryn to hammer out relations with Fermata and Taurë Arda.

Anyone else who wants relations with my country, please feel free to PM me!

Enjoy!
The Plane of Light

The Plane of Light is located above the skies of Emoria, occupying what would be the cusp of the atmosphere in the Material Plane. The "ground" of the Light Plane is "upside down," with its "gravity" opposite to the Material Plane, radiating outward from the center of Emoria as opposed to being drawn inward. The Light Plane is a golden, glowing land. Its hills and trees shine bright, but not as bright as the inhabitants themselves.

The Araltári are beings of Light. Roughly humanoid in shape, their prismatic skin is transparent, revealing their two organs: a heart-like core as bright as a star, and a brain-like cluster of sensors. Araltári have only onse sense: vibration. This allows them a sensory range beginning at absolute zero, going through heat, then sound, then color, finally going beyond the brightest light, far into the realm of thought.

Araltári live to express themselves and to witness others doing the same. There is no other desire, no other function, no other instinct, than to bring forth movement, heat, sound, color, light, provoking thought and emotion, inspiring new works from others and receiving the same inspiration in return. A never-ending cycle of creativity. Perpetual bliss for the Araltári.

Sadly, it has been ages since the Araltári have experienced true fulfillment. The Light Plane has been stifled, festering, ever since the planal wars brought about the Sundering. The Araltári long to share their gifts with other planes and with other creatures, and to receive new insights from them in order to create new things. New patterns, new sounds, new feelings. Instead, they are trapped in their own plane, and worse: the Shadow begins to invade the Material Plane. It is bad enough that the planes are Sundered, but now the Shadow seeks once again to dominate and take more than its share of the world! The creations of the Araltári have been increasingly angular and violent, reflecting their righteous jealousy and raging frustration.

Alos, Lord of Light, has taken steps to counter this awful situation.
The Highest, in unknowable wisdom--perhaps as a measure to balance the scales--sent Alos to guide the thendári. Whatever the purpose of the Highest, Alos now has a direct link to the Material Plane. The Araltári are somewhat relieved, but the Shadow still spreads, further upsetting the balance. Over the course of thousands of years, Alos has turned many of the thendári into his agents for the Light, Paladins to fight the Shadow. Alos is more than ready to fight the battle, and he is confident that, one way or another, the balance will be restored. After all: the darker the shadow, the brighter the light.

By now, the Light Plane is ready for anything.

Histories of Aendrel
Spoiler:
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:55 pm

Well....

I like it! Laughing

By the way Kalon and Gunneh, since we see that our countries are so tightly allied to each other, would our actual characters know each other, or would the fact that, because of their national appartenance, they are simply friendly right off the bat?
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:27 pm

A question for Kalon.

You mention the Paladins and the war on shadow, but you never once mention encounters with the shadow in the world.

Do you wish to discuss that because otherwise I am not sure what your paladins were actually fighting?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:28 pm

I think he means evil in general.

'The Evils of the World', oooooooohhh. (that part was supposed to be scary)

Then again.... maybe not?
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:09 am

Kalon, I really like how you've represented the Plane of Light and the beings of that Plane.

One thing that strikes me as strange is this:

If the beings only have hearts and minds, how would they have voices that could be heard by the Thendári? One suggestion is that the Thendári don't actually hear the voices with their ears but with their minds. With how developed the mental state of the beings of Light could be, it could be possible that they use only their minds and hearts to communicate telepathically. I know this is still how I first perceived the beings of that plane to be, but I think you tried to incorporate that anyway, so it's not a big stretch.

Anyway, I look forward to hearing about your ideas for relations between Aendrel and Taurë Arda.

{EDIT}
So, Sighlent and I were collaborating on the relationship between Taurë Arda and the Sretin Providences. While doing this, we thought it would be a wonderful idea to have a week-long get-together between the two nations to celebrate nature and the harvest.

Basically, what this would include would be the two cultures getting together and celebrating nature. Both nations worship nature, so there would be rituals and such for fun that could occur. They would also trade their wares such as foods, recipes, magicks, fabrics, jewelry, etc. etc.

While we were planning all of this, we decided that something like this should be open to other nations as well. Pretty much any nation that's friendly with the two would be welcome, but it would be more something that others who have nature-based cultures would attend.

Think of it like the pagan Samhain celebration.

We were also thinking that instead of being annually, it would be every few years, but we haven't figured out how many years should pass between each one. My personal thoughts were geared toward the Olympic games. It's a world-wide event, so it's every four years.

What do others think, and would others want their nations to join in this festival?

They would have to be able to travel by land or by sea to reach the place. It would be held around the area of the Sretin Providences' city of Aom because there is a good water source and lots of open area for many to gather.

If they need to traverse Taurë Arda, they could travel by one of the four main roads that roam through those four forest territories. I'm sure that there would also be Quendi guides that would take foreigners through the eastern forest territory of Forya to get to Aom more quickly, too.

What do others think of this?
{/EDIT}

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:50 am

Username: Gunneh2113
Character Name: Elias Ventor
Species/Race: Sildári
Physical Description: Elias is not a large man by any means necessary, but he makes up for his lack in stature in his agility and strength. He is considered one of the Sildári's more capable fighters and one of Äm's fiercest generals.

He wields two katana forged from the fires of the dormant volcano known only as Sunrise and wears little to no armor under his traditional robes to account for more freedom of movement.
Skills: Combat and the shamanism of the Sildári.

World-space: Äm, the eastern half of Irrihyánë, the great western island continent of Emoria. Äm is filled with near barren plains and lush grasslands, as well several sprawling cities near the coast. The territory also includes the massive dormant volcano, Sunrise.
Allies: The Light Plane, Aendrel, Taurë Arda, Vatienne, Fermata
Enemies: The Shadow Plane, the Mountains of Night
Religion/Deity(s): The people of Äm worship several spirits, but the most prominent would be Alos, the Lord of Light. The other spirits worshiped would include the Fire Lord, the Queen of Winds, the Earth Mother, the King of the Seas and the Highest.
Governing Body: Republic: Twelve senators are chosen to represent the twelve major cities of Äm. These people could be from the lowliest of the low to the richest and most well-to-do Äm. In times of urgency,one Senator is chosen to become the dictator of Äm, but only serves as long as he is needed.

Since there is no set capital city in Äm, the Senators meet atop of Sunrise every month.

Additional Notes: After leaving Vatienne to return to Irrihyánë and create the Republic of Äm, the first Senate decided upon only a few things: The formation of battle-ready force would begin immediately and that the people of their nation would forever be known as the Sildári as a reminder of their once vicious past on the island. This was to serve as a reminder to them to never become so hungry with power as their people had at one time.

Last edited by Gunneh2113 on Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:11 pm

Kathryn, the sorceresses might be a part of that celebration. Every four years would be good, it would also be a good time to stock up on supplies not offered by their home terrain.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 33 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 33  Next