FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hourglass - A post apocalyptic rp [OoC]

+5
Eternity
Ab'Sinthe
AutumnLeaf
Regicidal
Shekinah
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Hourglass - A post apocalyptic rp [OoC] Empty Hourglass - A post apocalyptic rp [OoC]

Post by Shekinah Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:53 pm

We find ourselves in a post-apocalyptic world, in which computers, machines and almost every other form of technology is scarce. They still exist, but with great limitations and you often have to look hard before you find any of them. The world exists out of wastelands, deserts, marshes and people have rediscovered their faith in God. They build churches everywhere they come and leave the Written Word of God on everything they can write on. People start to experiment with magic again, sometimes failing and sometimes not. And then there are those who still hang on to the believe in technology.

We all hear it, every day. We all want to shut the sound out and even though we are used to it, we can't ignore it. That ticking sound. That ticking sound of what we think is a clock somewhere. Far away or maybe closer than we think. If it's even a clock to start with. We know nothing about it, other than that it ticks.

The birth of a group of people that call themselves The Collectors meant the start of salvaging as much computers, machines and any other form of technology they can find. They believe they can stop or solve the mystery of the ticking sound with the use of this lost technology.

The Followers are the ones that have rediscovered their faith in God. They believe God will tell them what the purpose of this ticking sound really is. And who knows, maybe they are right, because they are the ones who tell the world about the coming of The Prophet, the one that will learn every secret there is to know about that ticking sound.

And there are The Magikah, the ones that are experimenting with magic again. They do not particulary believe in a God or in technology. They are pragmatic, using everything to their own benefit and listening to everything that might help them solve the mystery about the clock. But they are the only ones who can use magic, with all of its limitations since it's an all new and just woken power.

And of course there is The Prophet. The one that will Know All, the one that can Do All, the one that can Do Nothing. Who is The Prophet? Where is The Prophet?

Every member of every group will, one way or another, be called forth by the promise of the coming of The Prophet. Every member wants to get as close to The Prophet as possible and every member wants to be the first to speak with The Prophet.

Now, do you think you are ready for this journey that lies ahead of you? If you are, please fill out the following character sheet:

Code:

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Sex:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b] Written, picture, or both but no anime please.
[b]Alliance:[/b] (Collectors, Followers or Magikah)
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]History:[/b]
[b]Any additional info:[/b]

Please post your character sheets here. I'll let you know whether or not I accept you and/or if you need to change anything, but I doubt there will be any trouble. I'll be playing The Prophet.
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Hourglass - A post apocalyptic rp [OoC] Empty Re: Hourglass - A post apocalyptic rp [OoC]

Post by Shekinah Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:05 pm

Rules:

• I'd like you all to at least try to post at least once a week
  • The common site rules
  • I'm the GM, I'm not a dictator, but if there turns out to be a conflict about whatever, my word is final
  • I'm used to using the OoC thread for everything related to the rp that is not IC. Therefor we'll use this thread as our discussion thread or anything else related to the rp
  • If you're leaving for a while, please notify us and if you are able, wrap up your business so that we can continu the story without having to rely on your char when you're away
  • If I feel it's necessary to add, change or remove any rules, I'm free to do so
  • Have fun!
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Hourglass - A post apocalyptic rp [OoC] Empty Re: Hourglass - A post apocalyptic rp [OoC]

Post by Guest Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:11 pm

Can I add in the Cult of the Worm? Not as a faction that would do anything but as the affiliation of my character?

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:13 pm

Sure Smile
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:39 pm

What area of the world is this RP set in?

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:42 pm

Nothing specific really, since it's a far away future world, so nothing would be like it is today.

But if it helps you with creating your char or anything else related to the rp: let's say North and South America.
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:49 pm

We can make some of the history of the world up right? Like adding in events that caused certain localized affects?

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:50 pm

Oh yeah, sure we can Smile

I was thinking on doing so, but then I was like: ... I dunno whether or not people will read everything and even if they do, if they feel like joining when they have to 'memorize' so much information. But yes, we can do that Smile
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Regicidal Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:42 pm

Name: Mathison

Sex: Male

Appearance: Mathison stands six feet, three inches tall with a lithe, muscular build that is intended for fluid, sleek motions in a fight, thus his body has been toned to that. Much like a gymnast rather than say, a football player.

His skin his slightly tanned from years under the sun.

Starting from the top, his face is long with mid-high cheeks and hard edges, giving him a rather fierce, yet almost kind appearance to his features. Black hair frames his face, a set of deep brown eyes, and sets down to his shoulder blades on all sides. Though he tucks all but a few strands behind his fairly standard ears.

As for clothing, he has been traveling most of his adult years, so a well worn, sleeveless, tanned-hide cloak with a pulled back hood covers a black cloth tunic with white threading and accents on the laces, and a pair of plain khaki-colored cloth trousers that crumple over a pair of leather boots.

Across his back he wears a hand and a half sword diagonally and upside down so the handle stops just near his right hand for ease of access. The sword is sheathed in thick black leather, and held in place upside down by a series of simple buttons and leather straps. The hilt is a simple silver knob with black wrappings on the grip.

Alliance: Magikah

Personality: Slightly eccentric, focused more on survival than the study of magikah.

History: Magikah born and raised, Mathison, or Matt, was quickly pushed into the learning of his people and taught that their way was the only way to survive, despite the fledgling beginnings of magikal practice. The town he was raised in was little more than four hundred people at most, a third of which were children that were under the tutelage of the semi-permanent camp's only teacher.

Matt proved to be a rather quick learner when it came of magik, and quickly ascended to be an apprentice of the practices. However, by the time he had turned seventeen, he had learned all the master of the village was able to teach him. So he was sent out as a Scholar of the Magikah to learn more from the other collections of Magikah sprinkled across the mid-western wasteland. By the time he was twenty-two, he had greatly advanced his skills, though they were still limited by an ever-growing evolution into magik.

Having yet to return to his home after nearly ten years, he now seeks to see his family once again, assuming they are still alive.

Any additional info: Matt bears the scars of a long-worn traveler. Including an inch-wide scar in the middle of his right forearm that looks to have been a cut that nearly sliced his arm off. (In truth, his bone had stopped the blade without too much effort.

Hope that works for you.
Regicidal
Regicidal
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:27 am

Very good sheet, you're absolutely accepted Smile
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnLeaf Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:36 am

Sorry for the wait, I'll have something up soon. I just need to work out the history. I'll post it up as soon as I can. (:
AutumnLeaf
AutumnLeaf
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:33 am

I am also working on my character. I just had a busy day yesterday. It should be up later today.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:09 am

No worries, I don't have my char up yet either Smile I'm planning on posting him/her/it/whatever Razz today too, but first I need to create a research design as part of my never ending homework...

Curious to see what you guys will come up with!
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ab'Sinthe Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:23 am

Sounds quite interesting and with my current schedule.. Once a week should be doable for the coming months..

But first! Questions... Are we traveling in a mixed group or does each of us go his or her own way? Can I make a techie bloke that utilizes magic in his machinery? Too what degree of technologic advancement can the average Collector go?

I know.. I'm annoying. Very Happy
Ab'Sinthe
Ab'Sinthe
Mist
Mist

Male

https://www.youtube.com/NoOoDLe666

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:36 am

You all start off in the group you're a member of, but you can leave and travel alone or with anyone you like. In the end the ultimate goal is to find The Prophet: how, when, why and with who doesn't matter. Just keep in mind that the atmosphere between the various groups is very tense: The Followers aren't exactly the favourites of The Collectors, and the other way around. Magikahs are, as said, some what pragmatic and do not particular believe that any of the groups is right or wrong, but I can imagine that they're not very fond of everything about the other two groups.

The nice thing about Technology and Magikah is that it's something that can be learned: if you are a Magikah, you can learn to use Technology, and if you're a Collector, you can learn to use Magic, so yes: you can make a techie bloke that utilizes magic in his machinery, but first that has to be learned. You can't do that right from the start, in order to do so you need to find a Collector. If you're planning on having your char learning the other discipline, please keep in mind that it is a learning process: it will take longer than just a few posts for your char to learn something and maybe he can't even learn all there is to learn. For example: I can study maths as long as I want, but I'll never be able to use it because I just can't learn it! In other words: I'm too dumb for math Razz. So just remember: although there's magic involved, we're still playing people and people just can't learn everything. Maybe someone can learn a spell or five, but not every spell another person knows. Stuff like that.

As for the technology advancement: let's use our daily technology as the limit: all that we can do today is possible in this rp too, but remember: it's hard, very hard to find and therefor use. Let's say the 'apocalypse' happened in 2010 and technology stopped advancing from that point on. But who knows: maybe we have some creative smart ass in The Collectors group who can create something new Smile

That's all possible as long as we all keep in mind that the technological resources/funds are very low and very hard to find. Don't make it all too easy.

Hope this satisfies you!
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ab'Sinthe Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:40 am

Aye, grand, exactly what I was hoping for. ^^

Char will be up by Sunday night at least. Smile
Ab'Sinthe
Ab'Sinthe
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:42 am

Great, I'm looking forward to it Smile Cool that you'll be joining! Makes me not the only Dutch person :p;)
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:47 pm

Name: D'lylah Xi Morgana / "Lyla" (Lie-la)
Sex: female

Appearance:
Hourglass - A post apocalyptic rp [OoC] Asian-girl-wearing-blindfold-thumb1634979
-
Hourglass - A post apocalyptic rp [OoC] Asian-girl-wearing-blindfold-thumb1634967
-
She is a fair-skinned young woman who stands a rather meager height of 5'6. Lyla has a slender build, somewhat lacking muscle in the upper body department. Some curves accentuate her now adult body, but she still stands to be more of an innocent and angelic looking creature. She has ebony locks of somewhat thick yet smooth hair that fall a few inches past her shoulders in jagged layers. Bangs fall over her already sheltered eyes as well... She wears a few tattoo-like inscriptions too, of biblical phrases upon her body. Along her lower neck, like a crescent-shape choker, she adorns one phrase written in a rather small script-like font, that says:
"“Destruction cometh; and they shall seek peace, and there shall be none.”
-
On her face she adorns a rather small nose, soft cheeks, and full lips. But most noticeable of all is the blindfold. Her blindfold is usually worn, and unlike most. Over her right eye is a hole that allows her to see out, while her left eye- her blind eye, is hidden still. It is made of porcelain draped in satin, and thus appears almost like a masquerade mask without the decoration. Her noticed and apparent right eye is a smooth dark shade of blue, the color of the bottom of the ocean; deep and twisting curiously. Her other eye, the hidden one though, is famed to be ''blind''. Though Lyla calls it her ''blind eye'', it is not in fact blind.
-
Lyla, having been born with a defect, has a troubled (if you would call it that) right eye. The ring around the iris is a shade of tired blue, and quickly and immediately fades to a pale milky color around a pitch black pupil. The pupil is dark, if there were a color darker than black. It seems to be broken, a crack erupting from the pupil into the left side of her iris but journeying no further than the pigment-less circle. Another such crack of the pupil exists on the opposite side, though it is not as long. Thus, it gives her eye the effect of looking like a sideways cat's eye, with jagged edges and a more rounded center. As well, because of the expanse of the pupil and lack of pigment, her left or ''blind'' eye is practically blind in daylight. But at night, this eye can see through the darkest of darkness. Her left eye collects more light than her left, thus creating something like a white 'night vision'.

Alliance: The Followers

Personality: Almost naive by first appearance, Lyla is a quiet and curious individual. Many things about her may appear childish, like her will to stride on and her almost demanding need to know and learn of everything- even that that is not her business. But when one studies this young woman, they will learn of a wisdom that is far more than skin deep. Lyla is a kind woman, a Follower no doubt. In every heart she sees goodness and love, and yet she sees sin in herself. Always repenting, even when no one watches. She counts the steps between places, and feels the need to cover both eyes in an attempt to heighten her senses. Her advice rings strangely clear, and hits home more than not. Lyla almost always seems to have an air of ominous knowledge about her too. As if she knows more than others; but perhaps the case is only a matter of her undying faith. Generous and kind, this compassionate human girl is one who will always take a turn whenever another thinks he/she can predict Lyla's next move.

History:
“Everything is possible for him who believes.”
Mark 9:23

-
The birth: The mother died. The father cradled the child and stared unto the feeble and too-small premature body. The child should die too, he thought. The child will not make it. Her left eye is white, her right eye blue; her hair black. Her body trembles, and her fingers curl. She shakes to breathe and it is difficult. The child will die, he said quietly. But God had other plans.

D'lylah did not die. She required the strong care of a lone father, who was as well on the verge of breaking. He cradled her when thoughts of suicide came about him. His one love was gone, and to be replaced by another. But even with Lyla, he was unsure if he could manage. This baby was nothing like what he wanted. Oh how he prayed for a healthy child who could ease the pains of the current world. Oh how he prayed. But what did he get? This baby who could not breathe correctly. One of her lungs was faulty, her eye pale and pupil cracked, her bones like that of a bird they were so weak and fragile. She cried constantly, in tiny bouts of second-long weeps; for she could manage not the breath to do more. It was when she turned a year old that her father snapped. He took his own life after having left a note to his neighbor about his child.

The neighbor was a Priest at the local church, one who took Lyla into his arms after seeing her father's suicide. He knew dark thoughts plagued the man, and knew that salvation was out of his hands by then. So he took the child and bore her without sin. His name was St. John, and he named the child Morgana, since she had no last name. He brought her to the church, and there she stayed. At night he prayed for her, kissed her head and bade her sleep at his side, in his arms. The young Priest learned of true love with this weak and feeble child; for she required such a love to live...

Years passed...

At the age of fifteen, she was educated in the Bible's every word. She'd read it five times over, and learned to speak it without it near. She had grown stronger; able to walk around and move on her own. Strong enough to speak and even sing quietly. She had grown her hair out to her waist, and wore white dresses and a white tie in her hair. She also adorned a small eye-patch with a golden cross on it over her 'blind eye'. St. John was her father beneath God. And God was her reason for existing. She knew, via the tales of rude little children who believed in technology and not faith, that her real father didn't want her, that she had killed her mother in birth, and that she had been meant to die and wasn't strong enough for this world.

At fifteen, these same children began to take toll on her.
"Do not listen," St. John would say to her. "They harbor darkness in their hearts, and it will devour them until deliverance, and they will pay such a price for such submission." She was comforted, but not enough.
Come to the alley behind the Hall, one of the boys said; the age of him about 17. And so she went, D'lylah unaware of the torture she'd face.

When she went, she was defeated. No, not defeated; for there was no battle. She was beaten brutally, until she could not even feel the air flowing through her lips. Deserving to die, they called to her. Where is your God now? She closed her eyes, and fell into a slumber.

These children burned down the St. Peter's Hall, the church she so much enjoyed. With it went St. John, who was trying to protect the ray of hope his people had. And yet, he died with that ray of hope. The Collectors had done it for the hope of stealing the last little bit of machinery the church had; using it to help others and record the days left.

It was all gone, Lyla said.
That was the day she grew up.

Years passed once more...

She had wandered away from this so-called home that had lay in ruin. She'd left and begun her own pilgrimage, though she knew of no holy place to travel to. D'lylah Morgana was searching for her own repent. If she had not fallen into temptation of being with the 'normal' children, she would've either died with her new father, or lived to save the church. Either way, it was done now, and she repents every day for the burning of that holy temple.

By now, she has gained some form of insight. Lyla goes through fasting periods to gain a higher connection with the Father of all beings. She is stronger in mind and will than anyone she'd ever come across, and has decided that perhaps her path is not one she journeys alone. Maybe the journey is one meant for the few of them together. Maybe she was destined for something she has yet to see...

Any additional info:
-Blind Eye:
Lyla, having been born with a defect, has a troubled (if you would call it that) right eye. The ring around the iris is a shade of tired blue, and quickly and immediately fades to a pale milky color around a pitch black pupil. The pupil is dark, if there were a color darker than black. It seems to be broken, a crack erupting from the pupil into the left side of her iris but journeying no further than the pigment-less circle. Another such crack of the pupil exists on the opposite side, though it is not as long. Thus, it gives her eye the effect of looking like a sideways cat's eye, with jagged edges and a more rounded center. As well, because of the expanse of the pupil and lack of pigment, her left or ''blind'' eye is practically blind in daylight. But at night, this eye can see through the darkest of darkness. Her left eye collects more light than her left, thus creating something like a white 'night vision'.
-Faulty Lung:
Lyla was born with many defects. One of which was that her right lung doesn't work. Every now and then it opens up and allows her deep peaceful breaths, but most of the time she breathes in shallow takes. This also hinders her from running long distances and doing a lot of heavy work.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:40 pm

Name: Hrael - Vessel of the Worm

Sex: Male

Appearance:
Hourglass - A post apocalyptic rp [OoC] Imperial_guard_4
Hrael is a tall man standing nearly 7 feet tall and to many seeming abnormally so. His body is always completely covered by his robes. His face which is rarely seen is actually rather warm and happy. But it always seems to be burning with a sort of sinister heat, a almost malevolent presence. His skin is a strange grey color beneath his robes, not a black or white but a unnatural pale silver grey.

His eyes are red like those of an albino and his hands and feet seem to be longer and more flexible than a normal humans. His body is thin as a rail and can bend in ways that call to mind the abilities of a contortionist.

Alliance: A dedicant of the Worm, He follows the Cult of the Worm

Personality: His personality is that of a rather unstable person. He often seems to act on impulse with little or no thought behind his actions. He is completely devoted to the Worm like all true members of the cult of the worm and all his actions in some way reflect this allegiance. He can and does show compassion but that is not the most common response to those who he encounters. The Teachings of the Worm state that the weak will help themselves. If they fail than they deserve to stay weak. He only shows compassion to the weak when the weak were once the strong. How he differentiates between the two is unknown. He is neutral to be around most of the time though.

History: Hrael was born into a family in the region of the world once known as new england. To those who remembered new england fondly, there is nothing left but a scarred apocalyptic wasteland in which rivers of fire flow and strange mutated horrors stalk the land. It was this place that the Cult of the Worm calls home. For the first 5 years of his life he lived much like any other kid in this apocalyptic hell hole. Then though one of the many horrible creatures that lurked in the night attacked and killed his parents and his older brother. The loss was a complete shock to Hrael and he simply ran out into the night. For hours the little boy staggered through the darkness before at last he came to a place that seemed different. The horrors pursuing the boy paused and then retreated from an unseen line that he had crossed.

He didn't know what had stopped the monsters but he did know that he felt something, something old, a presence that dwarfed him and seemed to dwarf the world itself. He felt as if a montrous eye had turned upon him, a force that gazed into the heart of his body and soul alike. He screamed and then collapsed. The next day he awoke to find himself in a strange place. It seemed to be a town of sorts that was beneath the ground. A massive cavern that had been transformed into a city. From then on he was raised as one of the Followers of the Worm and in time like all who followed the worm he was brought to the sacred place.

In the center of the sunken city there sat something that did not fit with religious trappings of the rest of the underground city. Where the rest of the city looked to have been carved out by the hands of humans this central part seemed to have been made by something else. The designs were strange and alien but soothing to Hrael and the other dedicants. All those who wished to be truly of the Cult of the Worm walked through the strange inner sanctum and then were left to their own devices. Most died in the horrible sickness that struck all who walked through the sanctum. Most but not all. Hrael and 3 others from the 10 dedicants survived and though they had endured unimaginable pain they were changed. Instead of being merely human they had changed to become like the others. They had survived and been granted the blessing of the worm.

5 years later when Hrael was 25 he set out like most dedicants and followers of the Worm did to spread the faith to the masses who did not know it. Traveling Cultists were common in what once was the east of the united states of america. But Hrael went farther than almost any before him. He would spread the Will of the Worm to the world beyond where his fellows had gone before him.

Now though he hears of someone else. Some one the foolish non believers claim is a prophet. He finds this idiocy pathetic and if he ever comes into contact with this so called prophet he plans to show the world who the true god of the apocalypse is.

Any additional info:

{Staff of the Worm} The Cult of the Worm has retained a particular breed of weaponry from before the apocalypse. They use as a uniform weapon a type of staff that can generate blasts of air, electricity, fire, and even on occasion water. Each of these staves only works for the Dedicant to whom it is bonded.

{ Blessing of the Worm} The blessing of the Worm bestowed upon Hrael and all others who survive the final test changes them. Those who survive become inhumanely flexible and their skin changes to a greyish color. Their eyes become red and they develop the ability to literally bend everything in ways that would astonish a contortionist without undue effort.

{Vessel of the Worm} Hrael is the Vessel of the Worm. The Worm and the God of the followers have had a long and bitter history, the Worm has put some of itself into Hrael enhancing the already present blessings the Worm had previously bestowed upon him. He can heal rapidly and can reconnect body parts that are cut off or damaged with the exception of his head. He can manipulate the earth to an extent causing people to sink into it or causing it to shake with enough force to knock people over. He as the vessel speaks directly to the worm and though the worm does not always answer it normally does and on occasion directly utilizes his body.

Last edited by Raptorman on Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:46 am

Eternity and Raptorman, you're both accepted Smile

I'll post The Prophet later tonight, when I'm back in Rotterdam, unless I find the time to do so before I go back to Rotterdam. Anyway, it will be posted later tonight Smile
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Literate Angel Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:28 pm

Name: Rachael Estali

Sex: Female

Appearance: Hourglass - A post apocalyptic rp [OoC] Rachael-christine-black-suit-02
Rachael stands at a height of 5'8", with long, slender legs and a fairly long torso. She has no impressive curves to speak of nor is she overly toned, but she is quick and agile, able to out run most people. Her brunette hair falls to the middle of her back, but she usually keeps it up in a messy bun. Her dark brown eyes always seem to be suspicious and serious, as well as the rest of her face. It is rare to see her smile, but when she does it is very beautiful and her entire face seems to light up.
Rachael has a small phrase tattooed around her left wrist that reads "Love and Silence". She got it when she was younger and doesn't speak to anyone of its true meaning to her. She has a long, thin scar on her back that has almost faded away, but will never entirely. She hates to have it brought up and out right refuses to talk about it.

Alliance: Magikah

Personality: Rachael is a very wary, serious person. It is difficult for her to trust others and she tends to keep to herself. Still she has a fiery personality and is quick to get annoyed. She is very passionate about those things in her life which she enjoys and will put her entire focus on one thing for months at a time. While it is difficult to gain her trust once a person has it it is difficult to lose it. She will trust them even if they prove that they shouldn't be trusted, perhaps for a desire to have a closeness with a person or because, for whatever reason, they have proved themselves more trustworthy.

History: Rachael was born to two very common people. They were normal, didn't have a set strict following, though they leaned towards the Followers more so than anything, and lived in small, nomadic group of people. They were both of average build and looks and so were their children. Except for their youngest Rachael. She never wanted to sit still, always running about, investigating her surroundings until she was completely satisfied. Her older siblings thought she was odd and compared to them she was. She was also fairly pretty, receiving a few complements here and there about her looks.
At the time the group was at its most stable, able to sustain all of its members and they all lived fairly comfortable. Alas that stability didn't last long. When Rachael was ten the entire group of nomads was wiped out by another, more war like group. During the killings Rachael's mother knew there was no hope for her family, only Rachael had the strength and speed to out run the carnage. She turned to Rachael, as the screams outside got louder and closer, and said,
"Run Rachael. Run as fast and as far as you can."
As Rachael started to protest the mother shook her head and grabbed her by the shoulders.
"You'll be okay, we'll all be okay, you just have to go. We won't be apart forever my love, we will all meet again, where the grass and tall and wildflowers fill the land we will meet. So please my dear, run and find that beautiful place. There we will be."
With that Rachael ran out of the tent that her family lived in, minutes before the killers slaughtered her entire family. She didn't see that though, instead she ran as fast as she could. A few of them spotted her and tried to pursue, but she was to fast for them. It wasn't until she was close to safety that she was slashed in the back with a sword. It was a shallow cut though and she was able to get back up and continue running. She ran for hours, her feet blistering and bleeding, her breath coming in ragged, sharp forms and entire body aching, especially where the cut was. Tears didn't come until she collapsed on the ground, her heart pounding in her chest and blood rushing in her ears. She hadn't looked back the entire time and when she did she realized she was alone and lost. There where no warm lights, no singing, no food, no family. She was completely alone in the darkness and she didn't know what to do.
That night she lay exhausted and broken on the cold, unforgiving earth floor and didn't wake until the sun was high in the sky. She then forced her aching and injured body to get up and start moving, her destination the place where the grass grew high and wildflowers covered the ground. Two years she wandered, hardly able to sustain herself, but making it by none the less. By that time she had hardened considerably and didn't trust those who passed by her. She would always hide and steer clear of those she didn't know.
At the end of the two years she stumbled upon something amazing. She had been virtually cut off from the world so she hardly had any idea that there where different factions of people. All she knew was that she was seeing a most amazing sight. An older woman was performing magic. She was sitting on flat earth, her eyes closed and her hands face down on the ground next to her. Her face turned up to the sun and she just sat there for a few minutes, then water started to come up out of the cracks in the earth in front of her. It then moved towards a small pitcher next to her. It took a long time, but Rachael watched intensely until the woman was done. She then approached her.
It turns out the woman was part of a group of Magikah's who where looking for a prophet. They agreed to take her in and teach her to use the sleeping magic within her. She followed them and learned all about the world she had been separated from for so long. She was devoted to her work, but she can only use two spells proficiently and one other that isn't as strong. She wants to find the prophet so that she can get rid of the ticking noise and perhaps further her own magical power.

Any additional info: Seeress eye: A powerful and difficult thing to perform and the power she has focused on for years. This magic allows her to see into the future, about an hour ahead at her strongest, for a few moments. It is a spell that takes a lot of will and magic power for her to perform and takes a long time to cast. She doesn't use it often, but it can come in handy when there is time to preform it.

Swift feet: An easy spell that Rachael uses often. This spell allows her to increase her running speed times 2, and more if she uses more magic. It makes escaping easy or chasing after someone else. She loves to use it since it makes her feel like she is flying.

Healing: Her lowest spell, it is one she has yet to master. It takes a mediocre amount of magic, but to get it to actually work is difficult and involves a lot of will power. It can be very helpful, but also very taxing on the users body. She is currently working on perfecting it, but it may take a couple more years before she is able to.
The Literate Angel
The Literate Angel
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:09 pm

The Literate Angel: you're accepted too.

So here's my sheet (finally!):

Name: Kijasha Mer
Sex: Female
Appearance:
Spoiler:

Kijasha stands at a height of 5'7" with long legs. She's a normal build girl, nothing really special, but her face is really pretty. Kijasha has some sort of a glow in her face, which causes people around her to calm down almost immediately. She has two coloured eyes, showing that she isn't committed to just one faction but to all: since she's The Prophet she's none and all, she has none and she has all. Her right eye is of the brightest blue, while the other is of the lightest green. Kijasha has a very soft, but very white, almost pale, skin. She can't stand sunlight all too well, causing her skin to be so pale.

Kijasha has a tattoo running down from her right wrist to her right elbow, saying: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" meaning: "Who's guarding the guards".
Alliance: None
Personality: A calm personality, but a passionate one. She doesn't get mad all too often, but when she does, she is fiery, explosive. Most of the time she's serious and thinks things through very well, but she can be very fun at times too. Yet she's a very dreamy person at the same time. You can often catch her staring into the distance. Most of the time she doesn't want to waste words for stating the obvious, but when she feels like it, she can talk for hours. Discussions are a passion of hers, while observing things and people is another. Kijasha is patient too, knowing that what must be done, will be done, one day or another and one way or another. Although she seems to be trusting people very soon, she knows better than that.
History: Kijasha was born into a group of Magikah. Her mother raised her in this group of people who were all peaceful, while a war between The Collectors and The Followers was waged around them. They managed to stay neutral, like they already had been for so many years, but a day came on which her mother received a letter that made her cry. When asked what happened, her mother told her that her father had died. This was the first time Kijasha's mother had ever brought up her father and Kijasha's curiosity came to life. Her mother told her that her father was a Collector and a good one too, but because of the neutrality the Magikah had held up all these years, her mother had no other choice than to leave her father behind and give birth to Kijasha inside the save boundaries of the Magikah village. They never saw each other again.

The Magikah do not approve of nor deny the ways of both The Collectors and The Followers. Instead they stay neutral, giving advice and offering services to whoever asks for it, but for them to be able to stay neutral like that, they are not to get involved in any way in either one of the groups. And Kijasha's mother respected those unwritten laws, and with that gave up on a life that she had wished for all her life.

Now knowing that she had Magikah blood as well as Collector's blood, Kijasha began to show interest in the ways of The Collectors. When her village moved on to a more fertile place, Kijasha decided to stay behind to learn more about her heritage. On her travels the ticking sound started to sound different to her, as if it was calling her. At nights she'd have dreams in which a light was shining on a place very far away, but she could she her name written in the sand surrounding the place and when her travels got her to a Followers village, she decided to stay there for awhile, trying to interpretet the dreams and the changing ticking sound. It was then that she for the first time heard of The Prophet and it was this village that started to tell the world about her forthcoming and about her promise.
Any additional info:

Due to her Magikah and Collector's blood, Kijasha is able to use Technology and Magic. She can even combine the two, even though she only did that once.

She has healing abilities for the most part, but she can't turn a dead person to live and she is not able to heal herself. Also, she can create so called 'light shields' to defend herself and others. As for her offense skills: they are very low. She can temporarily blind someone as well as make her opponents fall victim to an illusion, but even that skill is used for defence purposes for the most times. She's still a student at both Magic and Technology. Her Technology level isn't higher than being able to put a computer together, as long as she has the necessary parts, and use it.

Because of the time she spend in the village of The Followers and because she is The Prophet, she stands in direct contact with the God of the Followers, but only when Gods wants to. He can use her to manifest his will: using her mouth to speak to others for example. She can talk to him directly, but she won't always get an answer.
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:38 pm

Okay, now we just have to wait for Ab'Sinthe and Autumn Leaf to post their sheets, after that we can get this thing started.

I'd like to point a few things out:

- If you want to, you can create more chars than just one. I am thinking about creating a second char too, if only to have more members in the various groups. Just make sure that you are able to play all of your chars.

- Remember that all of you are aiming for a meet and greet with The Prophet. The word about her existence started to spread because of The Followers she was living with for awhile, but your chars can also find clues about her existence while travelling. Think about her name being written down somewhere, or an old geezer telling you about her, stuff like that.

- If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask them, whether through pm or by posting the question here. I'll always answer them Smile

- You can also tell me about any ideas you might have, at any time in the rp Smile In the end it is our rp, so your input is always appreciated Smile
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ab'Sinthe Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:13 pm

Feth.. I completely forgot about this for a while.. I'm sorry but things got in between, again. FFS why is it that every time I find an interesting RP something gets in between..

I don't think I'll be able to actively participate in this to any degree with school and her (to keep it nice an' mysterious) haunting me. =3

Once more, sorry, I was really looking forward to this..

~ Abby
Ab'Sinthe
Ab'Sinthe
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:43 pm

Aaaw, that's too bad man, I was looking forward to you joining as well. But, what can't be helped, can't be helped.

If you find yourself having some more time to commit yourself to this, then please don't forget about it Wink You can always join at a later point Smile

Good luck with everything that's going on!
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:16 am

Alright guys, IC is up! Have fun! And as always: have any questions, want to share things with me and/or the others? Don't be afraid to post them here Smile

IC
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by AkiyaMarquis Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:26 pm

Sorry Dear here is my late Character Sheet!

Name: Savanah Grace Kaede
Sex:Female
Appearance: Hourglass - A post apocalyptic rp [OoC] Skx085
Alliance: Collectors
Personality: Quiet and reserved, interested in how and why things work. Excellent skills with mechanical things. Risk-takers who they live for the moment. Usually interested in and talented at extreme sports. Uncomplicated in their desires. Loyal to their peers and to their internal value systems, but not overly concerned with respecting laws and rules if they get in the way of getting something done. Detached and analytical, they excel at finding solutions to practical problems.
History: Savanah heard tales of clocks, and other mecha gadgets that the world revolved around. In her early years she met a man whom was the years of forty; together they salvaged some rather interesting fabled technology pieces and analyzed them. Soon she created a name for the pieces and with wire she tied them together and set them aside. Soon Loren and Savanah created a rather interesting arm and table contraption which would heat metal and melt two pieces together. Loren got sick once day and went to sleep which he hasn’t awoken from yet; but Savanah is vigilant to care for him and find ways to move him to where she goes.
Any additional info: I might be playing Loren in the RP as well.

AkiyaMarquis
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:27 pm

Accepted as you know Wink Go ahead and have fun:P
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Literate Angel Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:22 pm

I'm glad that this has started, I've been looking forward to it for awhile. Hopefully it lasts for a long time. :3
The Literate Angel
The Literate Angel
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:19 am

I'm happy to receive such positive comments Smile I've been looking forward to it myself too and I also hope it will last a long time, so that makes two of us Wink

I'm really fond of your first IC post! Your writing style is absolutely awesome! I hope that once my mind is thinking more in English mode again, my posts will become better too. I've been out of rp'ing in English awhile, so I need some adjusting time Wink
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next