FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is This The End? (Post-apocalyptic interest check)

4 posters

Go down

Is This The End? (Post-apocalyptic interest check) Empty Is This The End? (Post-apocalyptic interest check)

Post by January Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:57 pm

The world is advancing at an alarming rate. Technology has come farther than anyone would have dreamed of even ten years ago, much less over 100 years ago during the last epidemic. However, there are always setbacks, but I don't think anyone could have pulled this from their darkest nightmares. While doctors around the world worked on cures for cancer, for AIDS, and innumerable other diseases and viruses, there were doctors, hired by the military of every country across the globe, who had set out to do something much more sinister with their knowledge. So much for the Hippocratic oath. Rifles, tanks, bombs, nuclear weaponry, it was all becoming a bit too obvious for the military what with satellites dotting the sky, night vision, and infrared technology. Weaponry was no longer tactically useful, at least not until the enemy was already weakened. They needed something the enemy would never expect. And that was where the U.S. Military's Project Oleander came into play. They created something, a virus. A monster would be a better word for it. It was never supposed to leave the lab in the California, there were security measures put in place. If a spill ever occurred the compound was to be locked down, every soldier, technician, and doctor inside to die from the disease they helped to create and protect. But things don't always turn out the way you expect. One person escaped, a lowly foot soldier by the name of Daniel Brady. The security system malfunctioned. There was a 15 second delay and in that 15 seconds he crawled under the swiftly closing doors, grabbed his pick up truck and drove into the desert, infecting every person he passed on his way. What he didn't know was that Project Oleander was a death machine; with 99.4% communicability and 100% fatal if caught, the world as we know it has ceased it exist. It is a silent killer. It appears like nothing more than the common cold or a slight bout of flu, perhaps pneumonia if a person did not seek medical help until the later stages of the disease. It became known as Choking Sickness, as Tube Neck, as Superflu, as so many other things all around the world. It started with just the sniffles, a slight headache. Then the fevers set in. The harsh coughing, the unending sneezing. And then the fevers got worse, delirium would set in. Some people almost seemed to make a recovery, their fever would break, they would be themselves once more. But no one ever survived. The lungs of Oleander victims would fill with their own mucus until they drown in their own fluids. This is the world now. .6% of the entire world. Less now. Only the people with the will and know-how are still left, the stupid and helpless killed themselves off or were killed by other survivors. Who knows, really? All I know is that the virus was not the worst of it. All I know is that there is something still out there, hunting us off. One by one. And there aren't too many of us left. We have to find each other, to stand up and fight. He's coming. They're coming.

(Loosely based off “The Stand” by Stephen King.)

RULES
1.Literacy is required, that means proper spelling and grammar, as well as intelligent and decent length posts.
2.I will not be accepting more than 6 people (excluding myself and Raptoman, who will be my co GM) into this rp.
3.Posts will be made in turns as to ensure that people do not get run out of the rp because certain people are over posting.
4.If you wish to join this rp you must be willing and able to post a minimum of 3 times per week.
5. ALL CS must be PM'd to me before they are posted to the board. They must be approved. If you do not listen to this you will not be accepted.

PLOT
The date is June 3, 2010. I would like every character's intro to begin with their views of the epidemic, known most commonly as Superflu. It can be that they watched their mother and father die, their wife or husband, that they were a loner but witnessed the extermination of the city/town they were staying in. The rp will begin after the Superflu has done its damage and only the survivors, those immune, are still left standing.
Characters will be divided into the “good guys” and the “bad guys”, three each. Good guys just want the world back the way it was, they don't know how to get it that way but that is what they want. They are searching out other survivors in hopes of making a new life, a new society. Bad guys want the world for themselves, these can be criminals, psychos, or just plain bad, ill-willed people. They are happy the military and government are gone, what good did they ever do? They want to crush down anyone who stands in their way, and more than that they just want to kill, plain and simple. They don't need a bigger or better reason than that.
In the beginning the 3 good and 3 bad will not know each other. In the intro post everyone should be traveling, leaving off from their hometowns and trekking towards a different place. For the good this will be a disease control center in Vermont, the good travel here in hopes of finding someone who knows what happened. The bad will be pulled to Florida, to what is now the abandoned and empty Universal Studios theme park.
Remember, the roads are packed with cars, either abandoned or filled with driver's and passengers who tried to escape and died before they could. It would be hard to travel by car, motorcycle would be easier but still impossible in certain areas. Many people would be walking or riding a bicycle or small scooter. There are dead bodies everywhere, in ditches, in fields, in grocery stores. Some animals became susceptible to the disease as well, there bodies scattered the ground as well. It is impossible to avoid the carnage left behind by the disease. There is no electricity so your characte must carry supplies with them, be smart when choosing supplies, they could die if ill prepared.
For those of you who have not read the book, there is a supernatural theme. Each character will have dreams/feelings/intuition/instinct, all led by which ever side they happen to be on. They will see their leader, be drawn to them. In the end, there will be a war for the sake of all humanity. Will Earth remain good or will evil finally win out?
Keep these in mind while creating your character: Why are they traveling? Are they hopeful, desperate, angry? What is their motivation? Make a back story for your character, or use yourself. How would you feel if the world was decimated?

CHARACTER SHEET
(If interested fill this out and send it through PM. Thanks)
Full Name:
Alliance: (Good/Bad)
DOB:
Hair color and length:
Eye color:
Height:
Weight:
Defining features: ( i.e. scars, tattoos, ect.)
Place of Residence:
Family:
Marital Status:
Pets:
History: (Keep it brief here since it will be explained in more detail in your opening posts, I just want to know that you put some thought into your character)
January
January
Mist
Mist

Female

http://reapply.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Is This The End? (Post-apocalyptic interest check) Empty Re: Is This The End? (Post-apocalyptic interest check)

Post by Guest Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:15 pm

Because January was rather unclear about this when she wrote the rules.

You can post here to reserve a spot and signify interest.

You can also post here to ask questions.

We hope that there is some interest.Very Happy

Thanks,
Raptorman

Back to top Go down

Is This The End? (Post-apocalyptic interest check) Empty Re: Is This The End? (Post-apocalyptic interest check)

Post by dOs_BooT Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:23 pm

Consider my interest perked. It's been a loooong time since I last read 'The Stand' but I'd hop up and down at the chance to be a part of something similar. Consider me for the Good side if this gets enough interest.
dOs_BooT
dOs_BooT
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncommoner Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:40 pm

Me too, playing one of the last sole survivors of any society sounds fun, and the inevitable conflict between good and evil is always enjoyable.
Uncommoner
Uncommoner
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by January Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:05 am

dOs_BooT and Uncommoner: Great! If we can get just a few more people interested Raptorman and I will get something more concrete started!
January
January
Mist
Mist

Female

http://reapply.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:29 pm

If this one's still alive and you still have some room left, I really want to join. I'll PM my sheet and see what the response will be Smile
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down