FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quite Possibly The Most Original Title Ever

2 posters

Go down

Quite Possibly The Most Original Title Ever Empty Quite Possibly The Most Original Title Ever

Post by Inerio Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:34 pm

So, I've been thinking up ideas up in my noggin(because your brain is in your head, see the connection? See it?). I realized I want to do some 1v1s. This is probably because I can't get up the effort the actually write a whole entire post for some RP that will die on the vine or fade out due to inactivity.

Now, I have things I want and things I don't want, they'll be conveniently located below this sentence.

Things That I Would Like

-Anything horror movie-esque. Not a hack and slash film, that's not horror. Something psychologically terrifying.

-Something to do with a modern take on Fae and other otherworldly creatures. Sure, medieval is all fine and dandy, but it's being a tad played out. If you really want to do something medieval I'll do it, but it's your job to think up some damn engaging plot.

-A spin on Beauty and the Beast. I'm not usually one for romance. But, god help me, I love that fairytale.

-Hell, while we're at it, most fairytale spinoffs.

-Post Apocalyptic worlds, or zombie invasions. Alien invasions, totalitarian governments, and anything else that involves a dreary future. You can put super powers into this category too.

-This that involve ghosts and spirits. Most things that involve the Grimm Reaper. The Actual skull faced Grim Reaper.

-Things that involve demons. Real demons. Not your fancy haired pansy ass pretty boy demons. I'll eat them like Peeps on Easter.

-Twisted circus gone wrong? I'm in.

Things I Do Not Want

-Your tragic past having super pretty overly emotive females. I know you may not think she's a sue as your making her. Hell, she may not even be a sue, but whiny run-away-crying female characters piss me off.

-Anything too realistic. I already have a life, you know, out there in that thing we call the world. Unless I'm a secret under cover ninja fighting government agent I see no point in being in highschool during an RP.

-Any plot taken from an anime or manga you've read/watched recently. Anime pictures in character descriptions. . . . Hell, anything anime. I don't mind it, just not infecting my roleplays.

That would be all as of now. You can PM me or just post here so that we can brainstorm.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Quite Possibly The Most Original Title Ever Empty Re: Quite Possibly The Most Original Title Ever

Post by Aurethius Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:44 pm

Brainstorman

How about doing Real Fae? I mean the old-school concept of Fae in a modern setting, not the new-fangled garbage where fairies are kind and elves are these noble paragons of virtue. Fae that kidnap children and babies not to play with them, but to feed off them. Steal their dreams. Pull of their fingernails to hear the noises they make. Fae that might be beautiful to behold, but horrifyingly alien to really see. Fae that rip each others' wings off for fun, feed you their enchanted food to put you in comas, wrap you in thorns and rape you (metaphorically or physically) until you forget who you are. The kind of fae that want you to drown, bleed, scream.

We can pull all the old stories, the ones wrinkled German grandmothers told their unruly children to keep them out of the dark woods. The ones the old Anglo-saxons told about massive dogs that chased travelers on the roads, or hulking trolls that could keep you alive while they ate your tasty bits.

We can create our characters and hurl them into a world like that, assault their sensibilities from all directions as they dodge injury, death, and glamours that can make your head spin.
Aurethius
Aurethius
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Quite Possibly The Most Original Title Ever Empty Re: Quite Possibly The Most Original Title Ever

Post by Inerio Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:57 pm

Yes! Those are my favorite kinds.

I think we could have a sort of "Forbidden Forest" type of vibe, the kind of place where nothing good could possibly thrive.

I think for the conflict it should just be getting out of the forest alive. No threat of the human world being destroyed and no terrible curse that's going to befall someone(though, that could very well tie into surviving). Granted, it we need a reason we could always throw in a kidnapping or the theft of some miscellaneous important item and call it a day.

For the area, I think we should place either in Ireland or Pennsylvania. When I think of a foreboding looking forest my mind always drifts to the sight of the Poconos. Though, Ireland is the land of the Faeries.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurethius Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:32 am

I've never been to the Poconos or Ireland, so that's your call. I'll do some research on whichever area you decide on so I'm not clueless.

In my mind, one of the nice things about having fae in a modern city is having them clash with our modern technology and concepts. Have some fae adapted to cities and human culture, or do they all hide in the forests? Maybe we can mix the two, we have an opportunity to present the classic Faeries of olde as they would act in a city of today, and I don't think we should pass up that chance.

On the other side of the coin of course, we want the Fae to hate humanity as they always have, but even more so with the pollution and the ruination of nature.
Aurethius
Aurethius
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:19 am

I'm not sure that the Fae would want to live in the cities. They'd probably be very particular about where they lived and something like a city park would probably be too man made for their tastes. They'd be too catty to want to live in the city.

I've can't memorize the places either, but that's why God invented Google.(Yes, god, not just some guy.) Or we could find some city that's relatively close to a rural area. I don't want to use any city that's too popularized by the media.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurethius Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:55 am

Hmm, you're absolutely right, besides, there are a lot of very unusual things that can sicken or kill a fae just by its mere presence, and cities have everything you could ever want. Plus, its not their style. The magics of the wild probably don't work well in the confines of the urban jungle.
Aurethius
Aurethius
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:23 pm

Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down