FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Fashion Style (or possibly lack thereof xD)

+9
Deadpan
Kathryn Lacey
Ragter the junior greeter
Ab'Sinthe
The Melancholy Spirit
Silvan Arrow
Gadreille
Eternity
Fate Flyer
13 posters

Go down

Your Fashion Style (or possibly lack thereof xD) Empty Your Fashion Style (or possibly lack thereof xD)

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:03 pm

Wikipedia wrote:Fashion refers to the styles and customs prevalent at a given time. In its most common usage however, "fashion" describes the popular clothing style. Many fashions are popular in many cultures at any given time. Important is the idea that the course of design and fashion will change more rapidly than the culture as a whole. Fashion designers create and produce clothing articles.

The terms "fashionable" and "unfashionable" were employed to describe whether someone or something fits in with the current or even not so current, popular mode of expression. However, more so in the modern era items termed 'not so current' may indeed fit into the term 'Retro.' Retro fashion allows rule shifts, such as 'old is suddenly new,' thus fashionable. The term "fashion" is frequently used in a positive sense, as a synonym for glamour, beauty and style. In this sense, fashions are a sort of communal art, through which a culture examines its notions of beauty and goodness. The term "fashion" is also sometimes used in a negative sense, as a synonym for fads and trends, and materialism.

What is your fashion? How do you prefer to dress most commonly? Do you dress that way always or just during the week or on the weekend? How has your fashion sense evolved and changed over the years? Do you (or did you ever) consider yourself fashionable? Are you happy with your style? Do you think you will still be dressing the same way in five years?

Growing up, I was never very big into keeping up with the latest trends. I did so in only a very leisure sense, but even in high school, I wasn't the coolest-dressed chick. It's not that I didn't care, but I simply didn't always have money to be spending on expensive clothing, and I wasn't ever really part of the 'popular crowd,' so there was no demand for it from my close friends. However, after I graduated and kind of entered the real world, I rapidly started to change and mature, and my fashion sense improved, which I guess is good, since it's then that people need to really start caring about their appearances. I learned a lot about myself in just a short period of time, and for the first time in my life, I wasn't surrounded by the same people from my tiny high school, and guys were noticing me, which was completely and utterly new to me. I started caring even more about the way that I looked. I somehow ended up losing a bit of weight too, in addition, which only made me feel better about myself. My fashion, in turn, improved gradually, and my clothes only improved my self image. Though I was never 'popular' growing up, for the first time (in college) people began to treat me as if I were, and I earned their respect, something I never really had previously.

I began dating a lot, and my appearance only continued to improved. I learned more about better hair styles and better places to shop. Eventually, whilst shopping at Abercrombie and Fitch, a guy working there approached me and asked me if I wanted a job there. Being a teenager, this store was the ultimate cool in my eyes, and I was honored that they thought I looked the part enough to work there. So, I took the job since I was unemployed at the time. For a long while then, all I wore was Abercrombie clothing. I had an employee discount too, which helped. Eventually though, I grew out of it and I moved on and grew up.

Today, I feel more fashionable than ever, and I really feel as if I've learned a lot, not only about fashion, but about myself in just these few years. It's been 4 years since I've graduated high school, and I feel like a completely different person since then, and I know I look it. Though I still am quite a shy person because of my past experiences, my self confidence certainly has improved (but there is always room for more improvement).

I now shop at stores like Express, H&M, and Spring (for my shoes). These three stores have really trendy fashions at amazing prices. They all have sales constantly too, which helps out a lot, especially for people like me who are unemployed and/or students.

While I can't say what exactly I'll dress like in 5 years (when I'm 27 years old), I can only hope that my fashion sense doesn't decline. If I at least plateau from here until I'm 30, then I can be happy. There are some really great styles and clothing for women out there in their thirties too, so there's really no need to feel like fashion dies after you're in your twenties.

Last edited by Fate Foretold on Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Your Fashion Style (or possibly lack thereof xD) Empty Re: Your Fashion Style (or possibly lack thereof xD)

Post by Eternity Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:12 pm

Ha, lack thereof. That's an understatement for me.

I usually wear black t-shirts with band logos. Other logo shirts I wear include:
-Fender
-Element
-Fox
-Blizzard
-Hurley

and some others.
And other then that, it's jeans and converses. <3 Aren't I stylish?
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Your Fashion Style (or possibly lack thereof xD) Empty Re: Your Fashion Style (or possibly lack thereof xD)

Post by Gadreille Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:26 pm

ROFL 2 Oh dear, I'm going to embarrass myself for sure!

As a kid I had no sense of style. I was a tomboy, and I usually wore baggy jeans and tshirt. Sometimes I would wear dressier things, if my mom made me, but that was about it. I dressed extremely poorly until 8th grade. In 8th grade I decided to dress goth. I stress goth, not emo, for emo wasn't around at the time. My clothes consisted of basically anything from hot topic. It was a mix of the dark gothic dressy look and dirty grunge - and every once in a while I would dress completely normal just to mix it up. It was a lot of black and red, fishnets, band tees and suspenders, big black boots and heavy jewelry.

I mellowed out my senior year, basically wearing jeans or dickies with either a blouse or band tee, depending on if I had to work. My job forced me to change my attire, but I would and still do try and implement the 'goth' look (though with the invention of emo-fashion, goth is harder to come by).

When I started working at Gottschalks my appearance changed dramatically. Business casual, but with a lot of accessories. I learned a lot about appearance, and how to make myself look appropriate and still stand out. Even then, I would sometimes don a nice corset with cardigan, or big dragon shaped earrings or anything that showed the darker side of my personality.

Basically, that is where I am now. I do a little bit of everything. I shop anywhere, usually thrift stores or cheaper places. Sometimes I splurge at hot topic, though those purchases are few and far between. I love to switch it up - now a days, you couldn't put a label on me, because one day I'm wearing pink and high heels, and the next day I've got invader zim and heavy eyeliner. Sometimes I put on a sarong and let my hair down for a beach feel, and other days I wear a blazer and big black boots for a nice, clean appearance. You just never know with me Smile

2 contrasting looks:
In the Field
goth it up

(erm, I know I'm a bit curvy in the 2nd pic...It was a week after Taeo was born and I could barely walk...)

Edit: chucks ftw!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:41 pm

Eternity -- Oooh, Tony owns some Hurley shirts! Actually, I'm wearing one of his right now. xD ^_^ Hey, as long as you're happy with what you wear, that's what matters!

Ryona -- Lol oh pshh, don't worry about it! What I said was pretty embarrassing too haha.

I was the same way as a kid! I was also a bit of a tomboy lol, and I still feel that way even today sometimes, even in nice and fancy clothes. I kind of get that old sense about myself. I especially feel that way when I'm next to really pretty girly-girls. Does that happen with you too??

Hehehe that's awesome! I actually went through a stage after high school for a few months or so where I shopped at Hot Topic too. (It was because I started dating a guy that was kind of...hmm...punk/emo? XD Not really emo, but he did have emo hair.) The clothing you described for how you dressed seems like it would be fun to try. I've never actually worn fishnets!

I like that you have this other side to you that's kind of darker. I didn't realize that about you! Wow, it's really neat to see the two different yous! You're such a pretty girl though, that you can really pull off anything.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:55 pm

Fate Foretold wrote:
Ryona -- Lol oh pshh, don't worry about it! What I said was pretty embarrassing too haha.

I was the same way as a kid! I was also a bit of a tomboy lol, and I still feel that way even today sometimes, even in nice and fancy clothes. I kind of get that old sense about myself. I especially feel that way when I'm next to really pretty girly-girls. Does that happen with you too??

Yes, I feel that way all the time. A few days ago, I dressed up in some capris and a nice shirt, and wore my semi-goth platforms with silver buckles...I felt pretty darn cute, until I walked into the restaurant and there was a super tiny girl in a pencil skirt and 4 inch stilettos...I just can't win against that! XD

Fate Foretold wrote:
Hehehe that's awesome! I actually went through a stage after high school for a few months or so where I shopped at Hot Topic too. (It was because I started dating a guy that was kind of...hmm...punk/emo? XD Not really emo, but he did have emo hair.) The clothing you described for how you dressed seems like it would be fun to try. I've never actually worn fishnets!

I like that you have this other side to you that's kind of darker. I didn't realize that about you! Wow, it's really neat to see the two different yous! You're such a pretty girl though, that you can really pull off anything.

Well, if you've ever seen NCIS I'm a bit like Abbey. I'm dark in fashion, and sometimes music, and I can be a bit morbid in some ways... but I'm mostly just a sweet little girl ^_^

And thank you, I wish I felt about myself as how you portray me!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:25 am

Hahaha, I just can't resist taking a stab at this one.

I didn't have much sense of fashion growing up. Clothes and what I looked like weren't all that important, especially since I was home-schooled and thus didn't learn much in the way of fashion from peers. I was also a bit of a tomboy - I loathed dresses, skirts, tights, and all that girly stuff that Mom would make me wear for special occasions. I always was and always will be a daddy's girl, after all ^_^.

In 6th grade, when I started attending a private Christian school, things didn't really improve much. We had a pretty strict dress code, which severely limited what was appropriate. So I had to stick with oversized shirts that wouldn't show anything in the way of skin, and I had yet to learn about how to find jeans that fit correctly. However, it didn't bother me that much, since I had friends that cared about me regardless. Though the girls did try more than once to play dress-up with me at sleepovers XP.

Things really started to change after my freshman year of college. I actually started caring more about my appearance, and my whole wardrobe changed. I went from wearing baggy shirts and ragged jeans to nicer, more modern clothing. Now I usually wear dark jeans and a nice shirt, with a jacket on colder days, and shoes other than sneakers. I've gotten a lot better at wearing heels, though they're pretty unnecessary since I'm 5'10". I also like wearing skirts and dresses now, especially since I got into ballroom dancing. Overall, I would say my style is classic but classy. Sure, I'll still go for the t-shirt/hoodie and jeans look some days (ie. days when I have labs), but who doesn't from time to time? But now it's pretty embarrassing to look back at pictures of me from middle school and high school. I think to myself, "What the HECK was I thinking?!"

So yeah, that's the biography of my style in a nutshell. This is a fun thread!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:46 am

The most ‘fashionable’ thing I wear is my low boot-cut (Levi) jeans. They are the only jeans I’ve found that I’ll wear, and it is more comfort more than anything. Can’t stand baggy jeans or these ridiculously tight jeans guys are wearing today. These jeans are always either dark blue or black. As for t-shirts, they are always black and with something from a band. That or they are really old, appear solid black from fading, and are covered with holes from being worn so much. Shoes… whatever is black, comfortable, and around twenty-thirty dollars. The last half of my Junior year, and entire Senior year, of high school I wore a pair of work boots held together with duct tape.

For jackets, I alternate between the Vietnam field jacket my grandfather wore during the war and one I picked up a little while back, but I can’t spell the official name for it so I won’t even try.

As for the Goth/emo thing… well, many people don’t realize it but emo was around for a long time actually. The clothing style, however, is more recent and basically took things from punk, Goth, skater, and a few others and horribly blended them. Though, looking at that picture of you Ryona I don’t really see Goth so much as just Goth influence. But, Goth also has different meaning and most people look at it in what is known as the mainstream look, which is rather more punk/rebel/80’s hair glam metal with a nostalgic/attempted classy side to it. The others are the Industrial Goth/Rivethead look or the look that is more akin to the guys from Moonsorrow. Of course, the problem with trying to be Goth for a female is that most of the clothing styles are too dramatized around sexual allure than actual Gothic feels.

True gothic attire is actually very easy to come by. The thing is, you use the internet. Hot Topic and similar stores are nothing but a waste of time. The only thing they’ve ever been good for was a couple decent band shirts… and I’m actually annoyed at the fact they sell Children of Bodom, Amon Amarth, and a few others because now we have scene kids wearing them who don’t even listen to the music. Much like the craze of wearing classic rock shirts when you can’t even name a single song… ~sighs~

I would dress differently myself if I had the money to do so, but I don’t so I just go with what I have. Once I have a steady income I’ll probably expand the way I dress to add in the influence I have from guys/bands such as Moonsorrow, Tuomas Holopainen, and Juha Kylmänen to name a few. And, if anyone looks those guys up then yes that would include the black eyelinger/nail polish Tuomas and Juha have both worn. I also thing Juha's red hair is awesome... and which that my hair was like his or Tuomas'. Would love to have as many bracelets as Tuomas as well, and will possibly get earrings like his someday (or some like Jukka Nevalainen has). The ability to wear rings would be really nice as well...
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:52 am

Well, as I described, I'm just a bit of everything. So yes, it is just goth influence, not goth. That is just what it was called at my school. *shrugs* I'm not one to know proper terms for genres and fashions.

Emo fashion did not come to my high school until my junior/senior year.

I prefer thrift stores over anywhere else...except for shoes. I get my shoes at payless Smile
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:35 am

I don't have a fashion. Really. I wear clothes that are bought for me by family, so essentially my fashion is how my family wants me to look. Sometimes its preppy, it is my parents or grandparents buying for me, or sort of goth or punkish when my wife bought me clothes in high school, early college years. I can't recall ever buying my own clothes, ever, except for work clothes and a couple of Pink Floyd shirts.

Growing up I was always made fun of for my clothes. My sister had nice clothes, and I wore crappy, dirty, ripped shirts with faded and ripped high-water pants. That didn't really change until high school, when my parents started getting me better clothes.

Now...well, I get new clothes maybe once a year. So I can't say my style has really changed. I'm still wearing clothes from high school. Honestly.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:29 pm

Yeah, it was around my junior/senior year that the emo look started to take over with the younger kids. Everyone around my age though either looked like a prep or a burnout basically… aside from myself and a couple other guys I used to hang out with who displayed metal or punk (old) styles. Oh, I do think you could have gone with toning down the make-up just a bit in that picture. Personal opinion though, still looks good I just feel you went a little overboard with the make-up. Hehe

I don’t think I was ever really made fun of for my clothing. Maybe a little back in elementary school and such, but in high school if anyone made fun of me it was people I never liked so it didn’t matter. As already said, for near two years I wore a pair of work boots held together with duct tape. A few people looked down on it and continuously asked why I didn’t get new shoes but my friends couldn’t care less, many thought it was cool actually. In a way, without trying, I had the late 80’s metal look going on (akin to Skid Row, for example). Just…sadly my hair was still short and in an afro at the time. But I had the ripped up jeans, band shirts that quickly became worn out since I had so few of them and so forth.
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:04 pm

I usually don't wear that heavy of makeup. Actually, in the first picture I have none! I just like to switch it up Smile

Silv, you dress way better than you did in high school Smile
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ab'Sinthe Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:22 pm

Hmm.. My style.. I suppose you could call it Gothic and occasionally Cyber Gothic.

I love wearing black, I think it suits me and I feel comfortable in it easier than in other colours although shades of Green, Blue and Red are common amongst my clothing as well, even though the latter only to adorn black shirts really x'D. I occasionally wear white even

I love wearing band merchandise shirts since it gives me the idea I support the bands I love since I don't buy their music. (As it's often not available to non-credit card holders)

And as for the cyber gothic.. It kinda came along gradually. I hope to be getting semi-permanent cyberloxx braided in soon but it's kinda costly so it probably won't be before the end of this year xD Fluorescent green/red and black somehow make me feel cool accompanied by knee high boots with armour plating and red-visor goggles.

Occasionally I take a jump to another style which is usually pagan in which case I wear my kilt (I actually got mine in Scotland) and fitting shirt + ever present knee high boots.

<3 my boots. If I had to chose a piece of clothing I would always have to wear it'd either be the boots or perhaps my purple boxers.. Or both.. Can't decide.. Help

Okies.. End of post. I love my style. =)
Ab'Sinthe
Ab'Sinthe
Mist
Mist

Male

https://www.youtube.com/NoOoDLe666

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:25 pm

Giggle Purple boxers...
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:30 pm

purple boxers...resisting the urge to snicker..

Anyways...my style=I don't have one. Literally..I just throw on whatever I get my hands on first, though I do have a preference to long-sleeved shirts and jeans, for some reason. On the weekends, I still wear long-sleeved shirts, but I wear sweat pants instead of jeans..

..I would say more, but I don't know what else to say.
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:56 pm

My style has gone through several drastic changes over the course of my life...

As a little girl from birth to fourth grade, I loved pretty, frilly, colourful clothing. The brighter the better.

When I hit fourth grade, my older brother became my idol of sorts ((he was a really terrible role model, but that's beside the point)), so I started trying to dress like him with baggy jeans and baggy shirts. This lasted until around fifth grade when someone actually thought I was a boy. I just liked the clothes. I didn't want to be mistaken for the wrong gender.

In sixth grade, I discovered metal music and Hot Topic. My style switched to be slightly more feminine, but I also included a lot of band t-shirts. In seventh grade, I got really heavy into Hot Topic apparel. This included a lot of black, heavy boots, D-rings, zippers, suspender straps left hanging down, and chains. I also wore far too much make-up: thick eyeliner and dark lipstick. I'm glad my mom had the foresight to tell me she didn't want me wearing black lipstick- so I stuck to burgundy colours. Black lipstick is just... disgusting and terrible.

My goth-punk style filtered into eighth grade where I still had my awesome, decked out skirts, pants, shirts, and boots, but I toned down my make-up a little. I also discovered grunge that year, so I dabbled in ripped jeans and holey shoes. I started wearing Converse in seventh grade, and I still wear them to this day, but they wear out really fast, so that's how I got holey shoes. ^^_^^ The thing about my grunge apparel is that I went for the more masculine style over the skankier/sluttier looks of the femme-grunge.

In ninth grade, I continued with the same styles as eighth grade, but I sort of went back to the baggy pants and shirts for the tomboy look because I hung out with the skanktastic people that year.

In tenth grade, I discarded my skank friends and my grunge and tomboy styles and stuck exclusively to goth-punk and new/better friends. However, that was the year that emo really started to take hold, and a teeny bit of that was incorporated, too.

Near the end of my sophomore year and the begging of my junior year toned down the goth-punk because I realized I really couldn't afford to shop at Hot Topic any more. Plus, I discovered peasant skirts, and I seriously love those things.

By my senior year, I only wore the vestiges of style that I had worn throughout my high school years- minus the baggy, formless clothing. That's basically how I dress today.

My "style" is really lacking, and I'm unhappy with it. I don't mind having different styles on different days, but when I look in my closet, there's nothing that really makes me feel pretty or stylish at all. Just old t-shirts and jeans. I mean... there's like... one cami that I really love, and a tank-top that looks good- especially with my favorite peasant skirt, but I can't wear those things every day without touching grunge again. XD

But yeah. I don't really have any sense of style. I don't know how to style my hair, but I do know that just having it this long is pleasing to the eye. It would be nice if I could figure out a style that would look good on me other than long hair and a bit of eye liner.

I also wish I owned several outfits that make me feel good about myself other than the one that I can wear in the summer, but I hate shopping for clothing. It just stresses me out because I don't have a sense of things that go good together, and a lot of clothing is made for girls with perfect bodies that exaggerate every imperfection on my own. It really sucks.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadpan Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:00 pm

Usually I throw on whatever, but I do have a pretty good sense of fashion. I really developed it recently, after getting out of highschool, where I didnt give a flying fuck about anything.

I'd decribe it as a casual prep style. Not really sure. I wear plain white Ts a lot, a few collared shirts, but also a lot of T-shirts.

Most of my wardrobe is from thrift stores. I'm a fan of vintage, but not to the level of like a hipster. Its hard to decribe my style because honestly its very unique to me. I've never found anyone else with the same fashion.

But yeah, I'm kinda vain compared to a lot of males, but hey, I like to look good. Dont really see what's wrong with that.
Deadpan
Deadpan
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall Reyes Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:54 pm

Depends if it's just any old day then I just grabbed the first thing in my dresser. Usually this consist of some kind of colored T shirt, black or blue jeans and my all time favorite shoes ADIDAS!. Very Happy Awe at the ADIDAS! Your Fashion Style (or possibly lack thereof xD) 4488_122035595336_751215336_2716231_4847332_n

If I need to dress nicely for job interviews or what not then I have the standard black dress pants, shirt but I still keep on my ADIDAS and have a fedora for some flare. Wink
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:56 pm

You know what I need? I need a show that teaches me in detail wtf to do with myself. Men have Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, but women have all of these stupid ones that always have professionals doing everything, so they never teach them to truly do it for themselves. Either that, or it teaches women in their thirties and forties how to dress, and that doesn't help me. ._.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Stion Gyas Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:04 pm

Uhh... I wear Wrangler jeans and T-shirts. :F If it's a (relatively) cold day I'll wear my boots. *blinks* But, if it's warm (Horrendously hot, and sticky with humidity), I'll wear Wrangler jean shorts and T-shirts. xD

Style isn't my thing, I just like to stay comfortable. Long hair = uncomfortable, so I wear my hair cut short.

I wear stuff a little long, 'cause otherwise it's way too short. (Fun shopping for 6'3" and skinny.) Plus, the long jeans end up being the perfect length when worn with boots. Very Happy

EDIT: There's a difference between emo and goth? O_o Is one a lighter shade of black?
Stion Gyas
Stion Gyas
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:03 pm

Emo is more about busy patterns and vibrant colours with a few slashes of black. I heard this funny song about emos where one of the lines was, "Our guys look like chicks and our chicks look like dikes." or was it that the chicks look like guys? I can't remember, but it was funny.

Goth is darker all around, but it's also more elegant in my opinion.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:17 pm

Dear Diary:

Mood: Apathetic.

My life is spiraling downward.
I couldn't get enough money to go to the
Blood Red Romance and Suffocate me dry concert.
It sucks 'cause they play some of my favorite songs
like "Stab My Heart Because I Love You" and
"Rip Apart My Soul" and of course,
"Stabby Rip Stab Stab".
And it doesn't help that I couldn't
get my hair to do that flippy thing either.
Like that guy from that band can do.
Some days ugh...

I'm an emo kid, non-conforming as can be
You'd be non-conforming too if
you looked just like me
I have paint on my nails and make-up on my face
I'm almost emo enough to start shaving my legs
'Cause I feel real deep when I'm dressing in drag
I call it freedom of expression,
most just call me a fag
'Cause our dudes look like chicks,
and our chicks look like dykes

'Cause emo is one step below transvestite!

Stop my breathing and slit my throat
I must be emo
I don't jump around when I go to shows
I must be emo

I'm dark, and sensitive with low self-esteem
The way I dress makes every day feel like Halloween
I have no real problems but I like to make believe
I stole my sister's mascara now
I'm grounded for a week.
Sulking and writing poetry are my hobbies
I can't get through a Hawthorne
Heights album without sobbing
Girls keep breaking up with me,
it's never any fun.

They say they already have a pussy,
they don't need another one

Stop my breathing and slit my throat
I must be emo
I don't jump around when I go to shows
I must be emo
Dye in my hair and polish on my toes
I must be emo
I play guitar and write suicide notes
I must be emo

My life is just a black abyss,
you know, it's so dark.
And it's suffocating me.
Grabbing hold of me and tightening it's grip,
tighter than a pair of
my little sister's jeans...
which look great on me by the way.

When I get depressed I cut my
wrists in every direction
Hearing songs about getting
dumped give me an erection
I write in a live journal and
wear thick rimmed glasses
I tell my friends I bleed black
and cry during classes
I'm just a bad, cheap, imitation of goth,
You can read me "Catcher in the
Rye", and watch me jack off.
I wear skin tight clothes while hating my life
If I said I like girls, I'd only be half right!

I look like I'm dead and dress like a homo
I must be emo
Screw XBox, I play old school Nintendo
I must be emo
I like to whine and hate my parentals
I must be emo
Me and my friends all look like clones
I must be emo

My parents just don't get me, you know.
They think I'm gay just because
they saw me kiss a guy.
Well, a couple guys. But I mean, it's the 2000's.
Can't 2 ... or 4 dudes make-out with
each other without being gay?
I mean, chicks dig that kind of thing anyways.
I don't know diary,
sometimes I think you're the only one that gets me,
you're my best friend...
I feel like tacos...

Here is the song Razz
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:55 pm

Bwahahah! Yeah. That was it. XD

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:31 pm

Emo is basically what happens when you take Goth, Twisted Sister, and Motley Crue and toss them into a blender. Obviously only the clothing styles and makeup, because none of these emo kids have an eight of the attitude Nikki Sixx had. Where they run and cry from someone insulting them Nikki would put a nail through your ear and into a table. True story, he did it to Stephen Pearcy from Ratt. Emo is a modern movement that basically went back to the 80’s glam scene of looking like girls… the only problem is they forgot to keep the masculine attitude; Goth, depending on which kind of Goth being referred to, is a highly nostalgic ideology with styles that compliment the Victorian era, while making it darker and modern. Or, there is the older Rivethead Goth which is Industrial and completely different.

This is taken from a website; I don’t know who wrote it:
Goth people tend to be more fancy than emo people. Think: lace, frills, bows, dangling jewelry, leather chokers, corsets… It’s more gypsy, more Victorian, and more ‘classy’, overall.

Emo:
Your Fashion Style (or possibly lack thereof xD) EmoKids_I_167

Goth:
Your Fashion Style (or possibly lack thereof xD) 11485535751098112661_areyouGoth%5B1%5D

And, here is the music video of Moonspell to give a good example of the male gothic look (keep in mind this band has been around since the early 90’s): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egK4GnkruYA

Some additional Gothic images (most metal bands):
Your Fashion Style (or possibly lack thereof xD) 5044_photo

Your Fashion Style (or possibly lack thereof xD) My+Dying+Bride

Your Fashion Style (or possibly lack thereof xD) 151_photo

Your Fashion Style (or possibly lack thereof xD) 321622
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kail DeWraith Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:59 am

Alright, so I'm sitting in my room postponing writing an essay for one of my college classes, and I saw this thread about "Style". I couldn't resist. I am an admitted clothing/shoe whore and just the other day I was called a "6'3, 280lbs metro-sexual". I called the guy a dick and told him to get back to work. Anyway.

My style:

In 90 percent of my photos I'm wearing basketball shorts. I live in basketball shorts. I could 10 degrees outside, snowing, wind blowing, I would be in basketball shorts. It's a must. I like to be comfortable. For shirts I do t-shirts. Doesn't matter what kind. Footlocker has a nice selection of plain old t-shirts that actually fit really well for me (I have issues with sleeves).

When I can't wear the shorts (like at work or going to a club-which sometimes is work) I wear Ralph Lauren Polo shirts. All different colors. Jeans are usually a mix between True Religion, Rocawear, or if I really want to I have a few Prada jeans I wear (don't even make fun that shit, Prada jeans are amazing).

For shoes it's always going to be Nike Air Forces or Jordans (depends on what I feel like) or boots. I have close to 100 different pairs of shoes. Excessive, yes. But again I'm a shoe whore.

I don't wear fitted hats, bandannas, or anything like that. Anyway, that's me. Now, off to write that damn paper.
Kail DeWraith
Kail DeWraith
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Zovo Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:02 am

My personal fashion style tends to heavily influenced by the 90's Grunge movement.

In fact, I believe I own 9/10s of the flanel shirts in the state of Hawaii.
Zovo
Zovo
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down