FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Son's of Light and Shadow interest check

Go down

The Son's of Light and Shadow interest check Empty The Son's of Light and Shadow interest check

Post by Guest Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:30 pm

Shadows flickered over the walls of the passage as the sound of running feet came louder and louder echoing down the contours of the black stones. The sound of the feet grew louder and then vanished seemingly without anything or anyone having passed the spot and then moments later men and somethings that weren't men charged down the tunnel behind the strange fleeing shadows. Deeper within the fortress the shadows stopped their flight and began to condense. This was it, it was time for the final confrontation. These who stood before it had withstood everything it had thrown at them and continued to fight. They had slain it's son and destroyed it's legions. The Shadows took a form all who saw it would know. The form that haunted the dreams of the world, the Creature that mothers had used to frighten unruly children for years.

The form that manifested from the shadows was great and horrible standing 10 feet tall easily. A sword of darkness clutched in it's shockingly white hands, it's head and body where obscured by the heavy black robes it wore. From within the cowl of the hood burning eyes of red fire burned. A malicious angry hatred filled them, it seemed to grow more intense and powerful. Then those who had followed it burst in. Mainly men dressed in white armor and robes of white. These warrior priests filled the other side of the great chamber. White blades came out of scabbards and one of them stepped forward. This one had a blazing sun emblazoned on his chest and a crown of sorts upon his head with the same symbol etched into it. He spoke in a deep voice that filled the room "Surrender Fallen one and go to death in peace. To long you and your foul spawn have threatened the earth. Now it is time for you to die and pass away." He fell silent waiting for a response.

A hoarse wheezy whisper filled the room then seeming to come from everywhere and nowhere. "I will not yield to you children of the light. I will crush you even now. This world is mine." The Fallen one's eyes gleamed brighter and it moved swiftly. It's dread sword came up and flicked out faster than the eye could see. From it's shadowed edge a dark pulsing wave of shadows emerged. This blade of darkness flew at the men. Several of the less seasoned men gasped in fear as the darkness barreled down on them but several began to chant and a wall of light rose blocking the shadows. Then they began to chant again. Their voices melding together into a seamless whole and the light flared brightly and began to fill the room pushing the shadows back. Above the chanting rose the mans deep voice "You have made your choice join your children in prison for eternity.""

A shriek high and terrible came from the Fallen one as the light swept over it in waves and it's form dissolved and seemed to disappear into a stream of motes being sucked into some eternal prison. As it vanished it hissed again so softly none heard it. "I will endure, I will return, my children will escape and restore my glory and power such as you have never seen." Then even it's faint presence was gone through the rift. Then men looked at each other in disbelief. Shock was evident on the faces of most of them and a great joy. For years they had fought the darkness and those that dwelt within it and now it seemed at last the struggle was over. Slowly they began to turn and walk from the dark citadel. Many of them singing faint hymns of praise under their breaths.

The man with the emblazoned armor stood for a moment more after his fellows had left. His brothers had left. This man alone knew what exactly they had done and he knew what would happen. The Fallen one was merely banished not gone for good. The man stood staring at the air into which the Fallen one had vanished and then he sighed and turned to leave, he would prepare his brethren for the new war when the time came. But fate was not to be kind to the man and some last echo of the Fallen one's power must have infected him for as he left he aged rapidly going from a hale man to a pile of bones beside the door.

This RP is to be set in modern times. The events of this passage took place 5,000 years ago and now the seals holding the Fallen ones prison in place have weakened.

His children have slipped through the gap and now are attempting to gather the power or certain relics around the globe from the time of magic. With these relics the children of darkness will be able to free their lord and the fallen one will live again.

On the other side are the Children of the Light. A order of warrior mage priests. They were the ones who led the ancient crusades against the Fallen one. Now though they are an ancient and nearly extinct brotherhood. Those few that remain are all that stand against the Fallen one's children and his revival.

If there is some interest i will make the actual OOC thread. This is my first RP attempt on this site so please tell me how to improve if you don;t want to join.

Back to top Go down

The Son's of Light and Shadow interest check Empty Re: The Son's of Light and Shadow interest check

Post by Dax Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:07 pm

Sounds neat

Now, what exactly are the children of the Fallen one and the Fallen one himself?

Who, what and how strong are the Children of the light?
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

The Son's of Light and Shadow interest check Empty Re: The Son's of Light and Shadow interest check

Post by Guest Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:20 pm

The Fallen one is the lord of shadows. He is the great big bad guy in the thread.

His children are a pantheon of demigod like entities. You get to design one is you want to use one. I have to accept it though.

The Children of the Light are an order of warrior/mage/priests. They are humans who have learned to combat the darkness and after many years of inactivity are far weaker than they once were. You can always play as one of the exceptions to that though.

There is a quest plot line involved certain characters will need to be found who have a role to play in the war. In the end you must stop the Fallen one and his children from ruling the world.

I will be RPing the Fallen one and probably the leader of the Children of the light as well unless someone wants that role and will be willing to listen to occasional instructions on important things to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down