FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Complaints Thread >:(

+59
Squall Reyes
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Raven
Blackrock
Skitzo-phrenick
Tartra
Lonewalker
YenWen
xraineyesx
wakeangel
SpaceWheeler2.0
Guilty Carrion
World Traveler
Descent
Silvan Arrow
Ominous Flare
Attie
Julian
Shadow Moonseye
Cypher
Ethereal
Acid Varrakin
Sunwolf007
Kalaam
Scarlet_Rivers
Frozen
ImmortalSin
MoiraofWords
Bad Kitty
Gunneh
Misery
6billionghosts
Loki
osacredxo
Sighlent
Gabe
Inerio
Regicidal
Dio the Awesome
Digital Muse
Crain_S
Igraine
The Melancholy Spirit
Eternity
Shades Of Gray
LunarScorpio
Lara
Kaito
cdawgg
Anemone
Kædai
Hello Danger
Kiru Naka
Kalon Ordona II
Weiss
Gadreille
Kathryn Lacey
Ragter the junior greeter
Fate Flyer
63 posters

Page 5 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next

Go down

The Complaints Thread >:( - Page 5 Empty Re: The Complaints Thread >:(

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:16 pm

Oh, yeah... I'd forgotten about that. I know it's legal in Oregon for medicinal purposes. I, too, think it's bullshit. It's like... "Here! Let's ease your pain by killing your braincells!" Even when I was a pot-head I didn't want it to be legalized. >.>;; Besides, that whole migraine thing would never fly with me. I would sometimes get headaches when I start coming down off pot. I don't care what any of you say. There is a come down off pot, and I can feel it.

I complain that... that... Um... :: thinks :: I complain that I have to go to bed at 10pm tonight for this stupid WIC Meeting at work at 9am tomorrow! ^;_;^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Crain_S Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:12 pm

My hubby used to be into drugs when he was younger and much more stupid. We talk about the different drugs, sometimes. I have never done anything harder than caffeine in my life, so i am a little clueless, but I would think that the relaxed calm you get from MJ would bum you out as it goes away, same with any other drug.

My neighbor is really scummy looking, and I can totally imagine him taking his wife's pot, cause she walks like she has some kind of problem and she needs it.

Also, do you work for the county/state, Kathryn, that distributes WIC or do you work somewhere that accepts WIC?

My complaint is that I have to deal with my husband's relationships/animosities with mutual friends.
Crain_S
Crain_S
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:15 pm

Yeah. I always felt very blah when I was coming off of a high, and certain kinds of pot can make me feel like total shit... like schwag... I really do well on good kinds of pot... However, I quite doing drugs ((I only smoked pot and cigarettes and drank a little. I refuse to ever do anything other than that.)) when Jonathan mentioned his concerns about it with me. I don't want him to have to worry about my health.

I work in a grocery store that accepts WIC. They're changing the system for it in October, so it's mandatory for all cashiers to go to the meeting to learn about the new procedure. I heard it's like... an hour long... and boring as hell... Ugh... At least I'm getting paid for that hour...

Aww. I always hated when I was stuck in the middle of two people for whom I cared disliking each other. I think I came up with a good system of dealing with it. I would tell them I wouldn't pick sides. I would allow them to vent their frustrations about the other person. I wouldn't agree or disagree with those things, and I wouldn't add anything. I also would refrain from repeating anything about the other person, even to the person about whom they were bitching.

It works quite well, and it enables me to have both friends without them being like, "Pick!" because then I can be like, "Fuck you. I'm not picking. This is your fight between you two. Not mine."

I complain... that... um... fleas... I hate fleas!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Crain_S Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:24 pm

I have tried to adopt this attitude as well, and for the most part it works (most of his friends like me better anyway) but this particular instance on the forefront of my mind is something that is about me. He is angry on my behalf, and I have told him i think he is overreacting...still, kind of sweet that he will get so worked up for me.

I'm also in a unique situation that all of our friends were his friends first, so I just have to put up with the ones I'm not crazy about about...which is none of them. His friends rock hard.

I complain that the Yahoo music page doesn't pay attention to my votes at all! They fill my play list with crap, after i spend a lot of time marking the little stars. The "do not play again" does not translate to "Put it on every other play list, please!"
Crain_S
Crain_S
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:27 pm

Yea, yahoo music sucks!
I complain that I have asthma and no inhaler with me...and I can't breathe No
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:42 pm

Eh, I don’t really care one way or the other about the legalization of weed. In my opinion, it isn’t all that much worse than alcohol (and in some ways is less dangerous). They just destroy different parts of your body while at the same time both destroying brain cells. In both cases, it depends on how much the person indulges in though.

I complain that Microsoft word needs to stop autocorrecting my mistakes into the incorrect words… -.-
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:33 am

You do realize that you can change the settings on that right?

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:47 pm

Step 1: Open Microsoft Word.
Step 2: Click Format and then AutoFormat.
Step 3: Click the Options button.
Step 4: Click the AutoCorrect tab.

Then just go from there. Smile

I complain thaaaaat.... my... computer is slow sometimes! yeah. Nod
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:27 pm

So, wow... My friend Kristin (who's going to be one of my bridesmaids) text messaged me yesterday, but I didn't see it till this morning. She said that a guy that we both knew just passed away yesterday...

His name was Dan, and it was actually through him that Tony and I both met. We met for the first time at a party at Dan's house. I was actually dating Dan's best friend Steve back then, which was why I was at the party. Tony ended up going because Tony's best friend Bry was also a friend of mine, so Bry brought Tony along with. Dan was also friends with Tony's cousin though, who also was there at that party. (We lived in a small town, so literally everyone was connected through someone!)

Dan had some sort of disease, but I can't remember what it was. When Kristin and I first met Dan, Kristin and him were into each other (though they never officially dated), and she told me that he had a fatal disease and would die young. It was grim news to here, and I also think that, for that fact, Dan didn't really want to get attached to anyone. He lived his life like each day may be his last. He threw a lot of parties and had a nice house of his own with an awesome entertainment center, I remember. I don't think he ever really wanted to date anyone though, since he didn't want to fall in love or have anyone fall in love with him if he was only going to die. I believe that's what he told Kristin. It was like he had already accepted his fate, which is good, but also quite sad.

I don't know if his Facebook profile is public, but this is it:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1430442189&ref=ts

Edit: Kristin just reminded me that what he died from is cystic fibrosis.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:46 pm

That's really sad to hear. =\ It was pretty selfless of him to forgo dating so someone wouldn't have to suffer as much if he died. It sucks that he probably never got to experience that, though. Perhaps in his next life he will have more time for such things.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarScorpio Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:47 pm

Ugh, I don't feel well.
LunarScorpio
LunarScorpio
Shadow
Shadow

Female

http://felsphotos.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kædai Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:53 pm

I dunno. Feelin' weird. I feel like I've lost control of my life, and I'm hangin' on by the seat of my pants. I suppose I just need a few days to relax and slow down.

I dunno.
Kædai
Kædai
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:05 pm

Kathryn Lacey wrote:That's really sad to hear. =\ It was pretty selfless of him to forgo dating so someone wouldn't have to suffer as much if he died. It sucks that he probably never got to experience that, though. Perhaps in his next life he will have more time for such things.
Yeah, I was rather taken off guard when she told me about it. It was really just kind of depressing. I mean, it's just so odd when someone you know that's your age dies. It seemed so surreal, and it took awhile for it really to kind of sink in. I do believe in the way of the universe though, or fate, if you will (suiting, huh?), so no matter what anyone could have done, I believe it was simply his time. If doctors from the future who knew how to save people with cystic fibrosis came back in time to try and rescue him, it is my belief that, no matter what they did, he would still go, and in a way, that kind of gives you peace of mind. I personally don't know what to believe on the afterlife, and therefore have no beliefs (other than specifically not believing in a heaven or hell), but I hope that you are right, Kathryn.

LunarScorpio wrote:Ugh, I don't feel well.
Aw, I'm sorry to hear that, hun. *hugs* Are you sick? :<

Kædai wrote:I dunno. Feelin' weird. I feel like I've lost control of my life, and I'm hangin' on by the seat of my pants. I suppose I just need a few days to relax and slow down.

I dunno.
Hang in there, Kaedai. I think we all go through some days like that, and it's easy to let it really get you down. I hope the roller coaster of life has a large up for you soon now.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kædai Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:23 pm

Hopefully.

If you don't want to know, and would rather just accept that I'm having difficulties, do not read on. If you do choose to read the following...well, you'll see.

Spoiler:

Alright, now that I've gotten that off my chest, I feel a bit better. =)
Kædai
Kædai
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:41 pm

Kædai, I have to say that I am happy that you are capable of thinking for yourself, despite how hard it may be to go against the beliefs of your own mother. It took me much longer than you to actually start developing my own beliefs (I believe I was 19/20 when I really started believing in what I believe today, though I never really was a big religious person). So, believe me when I tell you that I think it's absolutely wonderful that you can entertain thoughts and ideas of your own.

I really can very much relate to you. My own mother is Christian herself, and if she knew what I really was (a bit in between Agnostic and Atheist), she would probably react the same way as your mom. However, I do believe, despite my parents never discussing it, my dad is an atheist, since he never talked about God or attended church with us growing up. So, there too, I can relate to you. :] At least your dad seemed cool with the idea of you wanting to join the Free Masons. (I've only ever heard of the Free Masons on Cities of the Underworld actually, come to think of it.)

Hmm, the part that confuses you though is where we start to differ. In your case, you are actually joining an organized belief/religion, whereas I simply started living on my own and didn't have to attend church with my family any more or denounce my faith in Catholicism to join a different church, and so I didn't have to ever share with them my beliefs. HOWEVER. The most important thing for you to remember is that they love you. They are your family. They may not initially like your decision, and they may not even stand behind it at first, but looking at it from your mom's perspective, you're her son, and so long as you are leading a good life and are growing up to be a man that she can be happy for and proud of, she is going to be happy. Just remember that.

Best of luck to you whenever you decide to break the news to them. I think you are a fortunate and brave person, and I respect that a lot.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:45 pm

I've had similar issues...

It didn't come up until my mother asked me to be baptized. I had to make it clear that I respect her beliefs, but do not follow them. It has been a source of uneasiness ever since, especially when dealing with raising Theoden...but I stand by my beliefs, and I think you should to. Smile Best of luck.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kædai Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:49 pm

Thanks guys. I have to wait anyway, before I can even petition to join. There's an age limit of 18. >.< So I've got plenty of time to think. But, again, thank you for your support.
Kædai
Kædai
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:52 pm

Ah yes, the rules are a bit different when you are under 18.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:29 am

I complain that it's my B-day tomorrow, and all I have to show for it is a bunch of beer cans and a wasted weekend alone.

you large city and your alienation from my peers!
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:05 am

I would say something, Kaedai, but I think Fate said it perfectly already.

Ryona, I thought you said your parents were agnostics or atheists? I... may have mixed you up with someone else here, but I thought it was said in one of the introduction threads or something... If I'm wrong, that's fine. If not... it doesn't really explain why your mom would ask you to be baptized.

I complain that Heroes is so addictive that I really didn't see much of Jonathan for more than a few minutes. I miss him... I'll see him tomorrow, though.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:15 am

Well, I didn't want to go into detail about my parents religious affiliation, so I summed up that they were atheist because that is how I was raised. In truth, my father is atheist and my mother is...well...she believes something is out there. She went through a stage where she wanted us baptized for 'security' reasons, and I had to convince her that it was the wrong way to go.

You read it in the chatterbox thread, where I stated that I was raised by atheists who have had a successful marriage. I didn't feel like that was a lie because God has played no part in my parents marriage, since my father is atheist and my mother doesn't practice any religion.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:34 am

Ahhh, I'm feeling so stressed and overwhelmed at the moment! I have so much to do!!

The guy I designed a tattoo before wants me to basically redo it all. Sad Ugh. He's really not good at all at communicating with me, so I really had no idea how he wanted things when he first described them to me, but I guess I did it wrong.

I also really need to get started on Silvone's drawings now. I had a bit of a hectic weekend, and I usually never do any drawing when Tony's around anyway (I don't know why, but ever since I can remember, I could never draw when I'm around anyone else - which I guess isn't good for work someday. Does anyone else have any similar issues like this? Perhaps with writing?)

In addition to all that, I still need to reply to my Caligo role-play!

Ahh, people are counting on me for SO much at the moment, and I really, really, really don't like to ever disappoint people. I don't handle this kind of stress too well when people rely on me for things, so I get really worked up and don't know where to start. No
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:38 am

Well if it is any consolation, we aren't tapping our feet wandering where the drawings are, or where you are on Caligo. We are busy as well Smile

As for tattoo guy...I would do your most basic sketch until you get the idea down, and then do a more detailed approach.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:42 am

Ryona Noel wrote:Well if it is any consolation, we aren't tapping our feet wandering where the drawings are, or where you are on Caligo. We are busy as well Smile

As for tattoo guy...I would do your most basic sketch until you get the idea down, and then do a more detailed approach.
Aw, thanks, Ryona. I know that usually people aren't overly into pressuring me for things right away; I think it's more I pressure myself. I think it actually might have to do with the way I was raised from my mom, if I really break it down, since my mom (as Tony and I were actually talking about last night) seriously is obsessive compulsive, and when she thinks of something to do, it needs to be done this instant. She'd do it with even little things. Like, she'd yell at me to brush my teeth in the morning 10 times a minute until I'd go do it. She's be like that for homework as well. She'd nag me to do it seriously so freaking much until it was all done, which is why, for awhile, I was always that girl that got my homework done long before it was even due. So, I guess that's why I get anxious whenever I need to do things now. My brain has been wired this way. :[

Ahh, now you see, that would just be the logical thing to do! Lol. Grr, I should have thought of that! Lol Ryona, you're a genius.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:46 am

Ahh, I see. My dad was that way, but not due to OCD, he just pushed me a lot. I suppose I feel the same way at times! People can guilt trip me so easily.

Not a genius...I've just had people ask me to draw tattoo sketches before and I know that it is never right the first time lol
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:04 pm

Seriously, don't worry about it. I'm in a writing slump at the moment, so, like Ryona said, I'm not tapping my feet in expectation Wink

And yes, it is hard for me to write when other people are around. ESPECIALLY when they are looking over my shoulder. I don't like people reading what I'm writing, or have written, unless I give them express permission. So when Ryona or other family are in the room, it is next to impossible for me to write my books. It is easier to respond to role-plays when Ryona is here, since her and everyone else will see them anyway. But my writings are more personal...as they aren't yet done until I say they are, and I don't want people reading them until they are done.
It is a bit like people seeing you when you are only half dressed...I don't want people to see my raw thought processes. I want to dress it up first before everyone else criticizes me for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Danger Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:36 pm

AT WORK! HATING IT!
Hello Danger
Hello Danger
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:10 pm

Ryona Noel wrote:Ahh, I see. My dad was that way, but not due to OCD, he just pushed me a lot. I suppose I feel the same way at times! People can guilt trip me so easily.

Not a genius...I've just had people ask me to draw tattoo sketches before and I know that it is never right the first time lol
Oh, was he? Aw lol I know exactly how that can be sometimes.

Ahh, did you really? That's awesome, and yeah - a really good idea!

Silvone Elestahr wrote:Seriously, don't worry about it. I'm in a writing slump at the moment, so, like Ryona said, I'm not tapping my feet in expectation Wink

And yes, it is hard for me to write when other people are around. ESPECIALLY when they are looking over my shoulder. I don't like people reading what I'm writing, or have written, unless I give them express permission. So when Ryona or other family are in the room, it is next to impossible for me to write my books. It is easier to respond to role-plays when Ryona is here, since her and everyone else will see them anyway. But my writings are more personal...as they aren't yet done until I say they are, and I don't want people reading them until they are done.
It is a bit like people seeing you when you are only half dressed...I don't want people to see my raw thought processes. I want to dress it up first before everyone else criticizes me for it.
Thanks, Silvone. ^^' I really appreciate it.

YES! Exactly. Whenever anyone's looking over your shoulder, that's the one time it seems hard to write well (and in my case, draw well). That isn't to say that Tony watches me as I draw or write, but I guess my mind isn't totally into it whenever someone's around. It's nothing against him or anyone else. It's just how my brain seems to operate lol. At least you can write your role-plays when Ryona's around though, but I can completely understand about your stories themselves, especially since they are incomplete and not meant to be read yet.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:56 pm

I complain that I don't have another three days off in a row of which I'm aware any time soon, so I can't start the second season of Heroes in a timely fashion. ._.

You know, you guys are lucky that you had someone to push you, even if it seemed to be a bit much at the time. I often just give up on things if they become to stressful because I've never had someone to push me to do it... It's pretty lame.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:18 pm

Yes, my only complaint about my father pushing me is that he pushed me harder than my younger brothers...whenever I question him on it, he says "Because you are stronger, you could take it."

So I guess that is a compliment...lol.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next