FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Complaints Thread >:(

+59
Squall Reyes
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Raven
Blackrock
Skitzo-phrenick
Tartra
Lonewalker
YenWen
xraineyesx
wakeangel
SpaceWheeler2.0
Guilty Carrion
World Traveler
Descent
Silvan Arrow
Ominous Flare
Attie
Julian
Shadow Moonseye
Cypher
Ethereal
Acid Varrakin
Sunwolf007
Kalaam
Scarlet_Rivers
Frozen
ImmortalSin
MoiraofWords
Bad Kitty
Gunneh
Misery
6billionghosts
Loki
osacredxo
Sighlent
Gabe
Inerio
Regicidal
Dio the Awesome
Digital Muse
Crain_S
Igraine
The Melancholy Spirit
Eternity
Shades Of Gray
LunarScorpio
Lara
Kaito
cdawgg
Anemone
Kædai
Hello Danger
Kiru Naka
Kalon Ordona II
Weiss
Gadreille
Kathryn Lacey
Ragter the junior greeter
Fate Flyer
63 posters

Page 1 of 34 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 34  Next

Go down

The Complaints Thread >:( Empty Re: The Complaints Thread >:(

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:12 pm

Ah, no worries, Kiru. It happens. *pats*

I'm sorry too that you're getting that sort of negative vibe on another message board. I hope that it's just you though and not really how people perceive you. Hug
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:28 pm

I don't know how I forgot about this thread on the 2nd of September...

My complaint is that, in my College English class, we have to carry around 4 books. Now, granted, 1 is small and another is moderately sized, but the other 2 are fricking gigantic.
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:54 pm

Wow, yeah, that would be really annoying, Ragter. >.< I swear, someday...ebook reader. *shakes fist at all the massive school books*

Our last day off is nearly over. O_O
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:55 pm

I don't want to work tomorrow. ^;_;^

I want to read more books than I'll be capable of reading fast enough to even put a dent in my list.

I want Christmas to come so I can be with Jonathan...

I want too many things that either aren't coming true or aren't coming true fast enough... ._.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:06 am

Ragter the junior greeter wrote:I don't know how I forgot about this thread on the 2nd of September...

My complaint is that, in my College English class, we have to carry around 4 books. Now, granted, 1 is small and another is moderately sized, but the other 2 are fricking gigantic.

Four all the time?

Bummer. You should ask the instructor, if you haven't already, if you always need all the books. I'm sure they'll be sympathetic to the idea of not wanting to always hump all the books around like that.

Of course, I had a bad habit of often showing up to my courses with just a notebook and sometimes got caught out of turn without my books for discussions because I was in a lecture mode. I was a huge note-taker.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:43 am

I complain about being a nice person in a world where it is no longer a socially acceptable attribute. Sad
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:47 am

Ryona Noel wrote:I complain about being a nice person in a world where it is no longer a socially acceptable attribute. Sad

Hah, most people see it as a sign of weakness.

I complain that impoliteness is not a capital offense, as it was back in the day when you could duel over insults.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:48 am

Yea, I guess that makes sense. It's kind of true in a way. Being nice never wins over being mean.

Still, I stand by my ways. *shrug*
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:51 am

It is socially acceptable. It's just not a social norm any more. :: hugs ::

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:54 am

:hugs:

I complain about how nerve grating it is to have a loud horror movie playing in the next room. No matter how not scary the movie actually is, random heartwrenching screams tend to annoy me after a while...
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:56 am

I don't blame you. All of the horror movie screams are exactly the same. If you listened to them all at once, it would sound like some terrible radio frequency going berserk just like if you screetch as loud and as high as you can as long as you can, and you start hearing that weird sound that accompanies it.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:57 am

My complaint is that I can't get Right Said Fred's "I'm Too Sexy" out of my head and it's been running all day up there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:03 am

Aww. You poor thing, Heyseuss. I truly do feel bad for you. I hate when that happens to me. A good remedy is to listen to something else that's catchy to try to replace it. If you listen to a different catchy song enough, you won't have just one stuck in your head for so long. They start to cancel one another out.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:21 am

I complain that you can't argue with stupid people, because stupidity has no limits. I complain that I can't hold in my anger, and my tongue is baited into loosening too easily. I complain that there are actually stupid people in this world, and that, because of them, the smart people have to run around trying to fix their mistakes. I complain that I can never articulate my thoughts properly. And I complain that I've let myself get so angry I can't just sit down, calm down, and write like I'm supposed to. And I'm complaining that I can't listen to good advice... Sorry Heyseuss. I tried.

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:37 am

Silvone, you should listen to some techno. If you can stay angry while listening to techno music, you should consider anger counseling. Even if you don't like techno, it still works. For that matter, get up and dance while listening to techno, and your anger will fade away. Either you'll be enjoying yourself too much to be angry, or you'll feel so completely ridiculous that you're dancing to such absurd music (or dancing so absurdly to music) that you'll forget having been angry to begin with.

I know it sounds ridiculous, but I've recommended it to a couple of people (the first time as a joke) and it has yet to fail!

On my end, I complain that it's so hard to find a healthy snack food these days. I'm not a big fan of overly sugary foods, and I can't stand snacks that have any kind of creme filling, because I think they taste like crap. I also don't like uncooked vegetables (like carrots and celery) even with ranch dressing or other toppings. That leaves me, to my knowledge, with fruits and peanuts. Those just aren't very satisfying, though. Seriously, I'm stuck!

I used to eat meatballs as a snack. If I got hungry between meals, I'd nuke a handful of meatballs and eat them with a random sauce, since they're good with just about anything. That was satisfying, but it's not particularly healthy.

Thus, I complain that meatballs aren't healthy enough!
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:45 am

Nah, the Techno Viking comes to mind when I even think about doing that. Definite turn off. That is one crazy man... And I can't listen to music anyway. My son and wife are both asleep.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:42 am

Silvone Elestahr wrote:I complain that you can't argue with stupid people, because stupidity has no limits. I complain that I can't hold in my anger, and my tongue is baited into loosening too easily. I complain that there are actually stupid people in this world, and that, because of them, the smart people have to run around trying to fix their mistakes. I complain that I can never articulate my thoughts properly. And I complain that I've let myself get so angry I can't just sit down, calm down, and write like I'm supposed to. And I'm complaining that I can't listen to good advice... Sorry Heyseuss. I tried.
Weiss wrote:Silvone, you should listen to some techno. If you can stay angry while listening to techno music, you should consider anger counseling. Even if you don't like techno, it still works. For that matter, get up and dance while listening to techno, and your anger will fade away. Either you'll be enjoying yourself too much to be angry, or you'll feel so completely ridiculous that you're dancing to such absurd music (or dancing so absurdly to music) that you'll forget having been angry to begin with.

I know it sounds ridiculous, but I've recommended it to a couple of people (the first time as a joke) and it has yet to fail!

On my end, I complain that it's so hard to find a healthy snack food these days. I'm not a big fan of overly sugary foods, and I can't stand snacks that have any kind of creme filling, because I think they taste like crap. I also don't like uncooked vegetables (like carrots and celery) even with ranch dressing or other toppings. That leaves me, to my knowledge, with fruits and peanuts. Those just aren't very satisfying, though. Seriously, I'm stuck!

I used to eat meatballs as a snack. If I got hungry between meals, I'd nuke a handful of meatballs and eat them with a random sauce, since they're good with just about anything. That was satisfying, but it's not particularly healthy.

Thus, I complain that meatballs aren't healthy enough!
I wholely agree with that suggestion. Thumbs Up Aw, but the Techno Viking is amazing, Silvone. (But I can understand not being able to listen to music because of your family sleeping.) I'm sorry though. I know what you're probably talking about, and if it's any consolation, you've brought up some excellent points and are defending your side exceptionally.

As for your complaint, Weiss, I completely know what you mean. Onenitedrive and I also have that problem with snack foods. Well, all the foods we eat are typically low in fat (from lunches to dinners to things like milk to cheese to hotdogs and yogurt, etc.). That's too bad that you aren't into uncooked vegetables too. I eat a lot of carrots with low fat dip. Onenitedrive is the same way too though -- he's not huge into sugary foods like I am. He eats a lot of baked and low fat chips though.

Lol meatballs? That does sound satisfying though. The thing about low fat foods, as we've come to discover, is that, while they may be low in fat and thus healthier for you, you can usually eat a lot more of it than you could something that's worse for you, since it's not as filling.

I complain that Tony goes back to work today and I go back to school. He's showering right now, since he had to get up about a half an hour earlier than usual, since his boss wants them to be there earlier on their first day back. (He works in a warehouse.)
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:48 am

Silvone Elestahr wrote:Sorry Heyseuss. I tried.

Hah, I understand. But here's some consolation;

The Devil's Dictionary wrote:CRITIC, n.
A person who boasts himself hard to please because nobody tries to please him.

There is a land of pure delight,
Beyond the Jordan's flood,
Where saints, apparelled all in white,
Fling back the critic's mud.

And as he legs it through the skies,
His pelt a sable hue,
He sorrows sore to recognize
The missiles that he threw.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:26 pm

Weiss, have you ever tried rice cakes? If you buy the Quaker Rice Cakes, they have recipes for healthy snacks that really aren't fattening. They're quite satisfying, too.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:30 am

Oh? I haven't ever tried those, because they looked like something that would be completely tasteless. I'll have to look into it, though. Thanks for the suggestion!

Since it's 5:30 a.m. and my insomnia is going strong, I'll complain that I require sleep at all. Seriously, why can't I just function 24/7/365 without rest? It'd be easier than struggling with screwed up sleeping schedules...
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:40 pm

Well, they have rice cakes with flavoring on them. My favorite is the chocolate one. There are plenty of healthy recipes on the internet that involve rice cakes that you could find to add flavor to them, too, and they're rarely even over one hundred calories.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:28 pm

Almonds and Raisins, Weiss. Almonds and Raisins.
Try it; it'll blow your mind. Thumbs Up
I used to eat those all the time. The combination is made of win. Can't get over it.
Also very healthy. cheers
We used to keep them in those little air-tight jars with the little wire locky things.
(Excuse my irredeemable vernacular, I beg.)

Anyway, I complain that I take too long to post, when I'm posting in character. Maybe I don't type fast enough or something....
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:32 pm

I also take a really long time to post, but I like to multitask while I make posts because it helps me think. If I go too fast, I forget things I wanted to add.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:42 pm

I see. I suppose there are different methods for different people. Smile
I wonder how everyone else goes about it....
though I think we'll take it to the Chatterbox thread or something. ^_^
Unless we complain about it. Laughing

I complain that people have different ways of posting! ROFL
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiru Naka Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:48 pm

YAY More compiler issues!
Damn, this GDK I got works fine code wise with C++, and it uses the DarkBASIC commands, so I can jump in and almost know what I was doing...
...it works fine... till I try to compile it! Oh my god... it just... won't... work... I'm done for now, I can't deal with this right now... I'll work on it tomorrow but... god. Believe me I've tried to fix it, dealing with swapping files form a previous version of DXSDK (which it relies on,) to just a complete downgrade. Now I'm getting more errors... and no, they're not because I downgraded it, thank you for asking though, I'm not that stupid.

It seems the compiler only works if it's the right day of the year, you're not running vista and you're wearing green.
Kiru Naka
Kiru Naka
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Danger Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:28 pm

WRITERS BLOCK!
Hello Danger
Hello Danger
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:33 pm

I hate not being able to write well when you're wanting/needing to, Danger. D: Hope it clears up soon!

I NEED a new video game. I'm never needed a game so bad, and I'm not sure why. I've been re-reading the Harry Potter books in my free time, and I'm on the 5th one currently, but I can't just read in my spare time. I want to draw too, but ugh. I can't ever do that hardly. I have to REALLY be in the mood (which, to me, translates to mainly being able to use the right side of my brain, which doesn't seem to occur often). So, yes. Video game. I want to play the first Uncharted game before the second comes out. I needs the money though. Blah.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kædai Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:38 pm

No. Screw Uncharted. Get Batman: Akham Asylum. Trust me. It's SOOOOOOOOO worth it! =D
Kædai
Kædai
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiru Naka Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:00 pm

@ Fate

I heard Ane was trying to get you into S4. If you need a game, this is the perfect game, especially if you're like me and can mindlessly get stuck in infinitely good combat and gameplay, not really caring about level design or story.

Though the levels aren't badly designed at all. I like them.

Seriously, I've thought about forking out another 50 bucks for Prototype, but instead I bought some AP for my unique setup in S4 (that I don't snipe with) and played away.
Though the gameplay element is a reason why I can play Star Ocean for 12 hours on end, while I can't play Final Fantasy IV, for the DS, for 10 minutes on end. Then again, FFIV just dumped me into everything without me knowing what was going on.

I don't know the rules but I'm pretty sure I have to complain again. Behold: this one will suck.
I believe the Railgun got nerfed in S4 again. Headcrit damage is still the same but it does considerably less damage than before if I say, hit my target in between the legs (it's not my fault those -funny- shots are what I remember most!)
Kiru Naka
Kiru Naka
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:29 pm

I complain that Kalon wants us all to be robots who are all the same.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 34 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 34  Next