FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Complaints Thread >:(

+59
Squall Reyes
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Raven
Blackrock
Skitzo-phrenick
Tartra
Lonewalker
YenWen
xraineyesx
wakeangel
SpaceWheeler2.0
Guilty Carrion
World Traveler
Descent
Silvan Arrow
Ominous Flare
Attie
Julian
Shadow Moonseye
Cypher
Ethereal
Acid Varrakin
Sunwolf007
Kalaam
Scarlet_Rivers
Frozen
ImmortalSin
MoiraofWords
Bad Kitty
Gunneh
Misery
6billionghosts
Loki
osacredxo
Sighlent
Gabe
Inerio
Regicidal
Dio the Awesome
Digital Muse
Crain_S
Igraine
The Melancholy Spirit
Eternity
Shades Of Gray
LunarScorpio
Lara
Kaito
cdawgg
Anemone
Kædai
Hello Danger
Kiru Naka
Kalon Ordona II
Weiss
Gadreille
Kathryn Lacey
Ragter the junior greeter
Fate Flyer
63 posters

Page 6 of 34 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20 ... 34  Next

Go down

The Complaints Thread >:( - Page 6 Empty Re: The Complaints Thread >:(

Post by Guest Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:13 am

I have a stupid presentation tomorrow. I should be prepping myself for it now...but I just don't want to. I can't make myself focus on it, even though it is preventing me from focusing on my role-plays. Sorry Ryona, but I'm gonna have to do it in the morning before school.

Once this stupid thing is out of the way, the rest of the class should be a breeze. At least my group was first this time. I won't have to dread it until the end of the quarter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:25 am

Aw, good luck with your presentation, Silvone. I hate doing those too, but I'm sure you'll do better than you think. Oh, and I always love getting them out of the way, so count yourself lucky there. :]

It's freezing here! It's only in the 40's outside this morning, and our apartment is coooold.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:50 pm

I complain that If I talk about my beliefs...I get called anything from "strange" to "ignorant" to "blasphemous"...

Yet I have to read others facebook updates about praising the Lord, God this God that yada yada, and I can't do anything about it without being labeled an asshole.

So...those who critique my beliefs are doing 'the word of God'...but if I critique theirs I'm being cruel?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:03 pm

Ryona Noel wrote:I complain that If I talk about my beliefs...I get called anything from "strange" to "ignorant" to "blasphemous"...

Yet I have to read others facebook updates about praising the Lord, God this God that yada yada, and I can't do anything about it without being labeled an asshole.

So...those who critique my beliefs are doing 'the word of God'...but if I critique theirs I'm being cruel?
This is exactly the way that Tony and I feel too, Ryona. Sad It's horrible that these religious people claim to be open to the beliefs of others and yet they are the ones that most commonly ridicule those that do not believe in the same things as them. If someone who does not believe in God were to speak up, they'd be bombarded with comments and criticism. It's unfair and not right. I hear yah. I'm so sorry, but I at least can sympathize. Hug
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:20 pm

I feel bad for even complaining about it, for I know there are people here whose beliefs clash with mine. Also, I know that the actions of a few do not represent the actions of many...it is just what seems to happen 98% of the time. Sad

Hug Glad I am not the only one stuck in a corner!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:44 pm

Yeah, there are a lot of good people out there who don't care what others believe, but we never hear them, since obviously they aren't going to be the ones to say anything to people like us. So, the only religious folks that pay us any attention are those that disagree with our beliefs, which is what makes it so difficult.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:33 pm

My cat died this evening... It was... really unexpected. =\

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:35 pm

Kathryn Lacey wrote:My cat died this evening... It was... really unexpected. =\

Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry Sad
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:45 pm

It's all right. He was in a litter of kittens who were... optically impaired from birth... One didn't have any eyes. Another only had one eye. Ipo and the fourth kitten were the only ones with two, normal eyes, but I wasn't able to catch the fourth one. I only got Ipo by chance, and the mother abandoned the optically impaired ones. The two with eye issues died shorty after we took them inside our house. Ipo lived for about three years. He probably wouldn't have even lived that long if I hadn't kidnapped him. It just sucks that he didn't show any signs of his being messed up until about ten or fifteen minutes before he died.

He started having trouble walking, so I thought it was an issue with his leg. I gave him a bath to see if I could discover the problem, but he only got worse while I was bathing him, so I took him out of the tub, and he just... lay there like he was giving up. Usually he jets out of the bathroom as soon as the door is open. At least he was clean right before he died. =\

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:15 pm

Aww, Kathryn, I am so sorry about your cat. Sad That must have been really hard too since it was so unexpected. It's strange that his litter had so many odd eye problems. That's so sad...
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kædai Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:39 pm

I'm sorry Kathryn. I really am. I've had three cats die in the past two years. None of them were over a year and a half old. =,( I truly am sorry.

But...I have my own complaint. Well, it's not really a complaint, it's just...I need to get it off my chest.

So, in AP Lang, we had a debate today over the question of whether or not music influences irresponsible behavior. Now, first off, I want to say that I do NOT think this is an even REMOTELY logical claim. For many reasons. But that's not why I'm typing this. Near the end of the debates, the people on the other team shifted their arguments from "It does affect you negatively" to "It does affect you". Well, duh. This has been proven over and over. But, that's not what I'm trying to say. I turned to the guy next to and sort of in front of me, who was one of the ones talking against me. What I meant to say was "We're not saying it doesn't affect you, we're saying it doesn't influence irresponsible behavior." Well, the last bit came out in something short of a full-on roar. I'm serious, I just completely got in this kid's face.

And I didn't mean to.

Now, granted, it was getting a little loud in the room, cause it was almost time for class-change, and it was getting a little hard to hear. But still, I seriously just lost control. I didn't mean to yell in his face, it just sort of slipped out. I apologized and all that, and we're cool now. But it just bothers me that that happened. Hmm
Kædai
Kædai
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:43 pm

It's easy to lose control in a debate, especially when the other team is arguing something that isn't even part of the debate to begin with. I'm sure he understood, and I'm guessing he was thankful to you for recognizing your outburst and apologizing.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:07 am

~sighs~

Dog men…

That is my complaint for the moment; these low-life bastards that raise dogs for nothing more than fighting, and the scum that actually place bets on such a travesty. I was just watching something and one sick piece of shit actually duct taped one of his dogs mouths shut so that it was defenseless, allowing the other dog easy training. Another had one of her hips broken so that she wouldn’t be able to fight nearly as well. At some of these events these people actually put up show lights, concessions stands… the whole works.

These are the kind of people that make me wish we’d bring back the torture methods of the Inquisition. Though I don't believe in any form of hell, they make me wish that I did.
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:00 pm

Ugh... I agree with you, Melancholy. People like that make me sick.

I had this dream last night that I woke up and Ipo was all better. He did his thing where he reaches up my leg and hooks his claws into my pants so it looks like he's hugging my leg while I pet him. I was so happy, but it was just a dream. We buried him a little while ago.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:54 am

So...I couldn't do my presentation last Tuesday, because my professor pulled a typical Dr. Jackson move. Didn't even tell us we weren't doing it until after we realized we weren't going to have time to do it...

So I have to do it today. I am really not prepared for this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:17 am

I have far to many things to actually list to complain about or even remotely remember. I guess you could say people not doing what is expected of them.

Our Congress is a prime example of that. They are expected to work together to find solutions to problems and to work with our leader. Yet they try so hard to undermine him and waste so much time.

But yeah, I have way to many things to actually complain about to really want to go into greater detail. Plus, the character limit would get in the way anyways.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:44 pm

I agree with you about the faulty ass-hats who call themselves Congress... The same problem happened when Clinton was our President. History is doomed to repeat itself forever.

I complain that we just bought all of this amazing food that I want to eat- like apples and peaches and plums and rice cakes- but I'm full, and I'm trying to lose weight, so I have to limit my food intake. I wish I could be one of those people who have high metabolisms and eat everything they want without gaining a pound. ._.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:03 am

I complain that the cd player in my car just broke. Its not like I ever use it, and the iPod player still works, but the car is only just over 1 year old... The screen that displays the volume and other semi-important things lights up still, but nothing shows on it. Using an iPod, the only thing that would show is Aux and the volume, so I can live without it. But geeze...

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:17 am

Gah, that sucks, Silvone! At least you don't really use it much, but wow, that's odd, considering the car is just a year old.

I complain that today's Monday, and I go back to school today! Shocked
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:11 pm

Oh my God...

I've only had one class so far, and I could just take this one alone and have more than enough to do this quarter. I don't know how I'm going to manage everything. This is so overwhelming! I'm definitely going to have to put commissions on a hold for awhile. I just hope I'll have enough time to draw for our Halloween contest winner. I hate that my school has such demanding classes that require so much time each.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:41 pm

You'll make it through Smile Just focus on what needs to be done and put everything else aside. Your lucky that you don't have children at the moment, otherwise that would be near impossible. You know that I'm in no hurry for my commission to be finished, and the Halloween contest is far away from completion. Maybe things will settle down by then. If not, I'm sure the winner will understand your hectic schedule.

Good luck with school, Fate!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:55 pm

Aw, thanks, Silvone! Oh, man, no I couldn't imagine being a mom right now on top of everything else. I'd probably feel bad, since I'd probably end up devoting more time into my child than into my studies! Thanks for the encouragement. I just needed to take a breath and do one thing at a time.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:00 pm

Ryona always feels horrible because she feels like she doesn't spend enough time with Taeo. She has school all day, and when she gets home she just wants to relax. But then she can't relax because she feels like she needs to devote all of her spare time with Taeo. So she never really gets any relaxation unless I'm home with her to share some of the duty.

She wants to get a job, and despite the fact that I'm fine with her not working, we could use the extra money. However, I can't push her to do it because she is already so stressed with her schedule... At least this is our last year of school!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:10 pm

You know, the reason your CD player may have broken is because you don't really use it. I mean... just think about it. If you don't use something enough it stops working like dishwashers and digital cameras and iPods and such. I don't see why the same theory couldn't be applied to CD players. =3

I know you'll get through it, Fate. Also, just because you have the upcoming contest art to complete doesn't mean whoever wins won't be happy to wait until you have time for it. I'm sure most people here would understand that you lead a very busy life, so you can only devote so much time to each thing. We're just glad that you've had time enough to run this board in the first place. ^^_^^

I complain that I have to wait until around 9pm to talk to Jonathan because he has piano lessons on Mondays. Bleh... I hope I can finish my story in that amount of time. I want him to read it and give me his criticisms. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:59 pm

Sick

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:01 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO today is MY day to be sick...Sad Sad Sad
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:02 pm

We can be sick together! In Love Sick Sick

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:04 pm

Sick heart Sick

I complain that class isn't over...
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:05 pm

I second that complaint...

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:50 pm

You guys are silly.

I complain that my head has ached since I woke up this morning.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 34 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20 ... 34  Next