FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Complaints Thread >:(

+59
Squall Reyes
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Raven
Blackrock
Skitzo-phrenick
Tartra
Lonewalker
YenWen
xraineyesx
wakeangel
SpaceWheeler2.0
Guilty Carrion
World Traveler
Descent
Silvan Arrow
Ominous Flare
Attie
Julian
Shadow Moonseye
Cypher
Ethereal
Acid Varrakin
Sunwolf007
Kalaam
Scarlet_Rivers
Frozen
ImmortalSin
MoiraofWords
Bad Kitty
Gunneh
Misery
6billionghosts
Loki
osacredxo
Sighlent
Gabe
Inerio
Regicidal
Dio the Awesome
Digital Muse
Crain_S
Igraine
The Melancholy Spirit
Eternity
Shades Of Gray
LunarScorpio
Lara
Kaito
cdawgg
Anemone
Kædai
Hello Danger
Kiru Naka
Kalon Ordona II
Weiss
Gadreille
Kathryn Lacey
Ragter the junior greeter
Fate Flyer
63 posters

Page 2 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 34  Next

Go down

The Complaints Thread >:( - Page 2 Empty Re: The Complaints Thread >:(

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:19 am

Naaah... robots aren't all the same. Tongue Taunt
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Danger Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:18 pm

Breaking up sucks!
Hello Danger
Hello Danger
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:24 pm

Hello Danger wrote:Breaking up sucks!

Yeah. But the sooner you get it over with the sooner...well, yeah, you're free.

Then again, I've got a history of epic relationship fail, since the thing I'm best at in a relationship is ending it the most efficient way possible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:08 pm

Aw, Danger, I'm sorry to hear you're going through a breakup. I just hope that it's clean and goes well for you. They can be rough, but Heyseuss is right. It's better that you two break things off, if you know that you can't work through your problems, rather than leading each other on. Good luck, man!

Saturday's almost over. :<
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Danger Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:28 pm

Thanks guys/Fate Razz Yeah I think I'll be okay. I'll just need a week or two...

On to other things. Fate check out New Movie Trailer Drops! There's a trailer you may like.
Hello Danger
Hello Danger
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:43 am

Aww, good. :]

Oooh, The Forth Kind, I know! I want to see that really, really bad. I just wish that they didn't put aliens in such a negative light (as it appears they are). *loves the aliens*
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:08 am

I complain that I don't have a 'me' room. Usually it's the bedroom, but the bros are over and the xbox is in there...>.< So I'm trying to type quietly in the baby's room...the keyboard is not complying!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:25 am

Just be glad you don't have my keyboard. It like... clacks... loudly... The space key is especially bad about making noise because one hardly has to brush it to make noise with it, so when it's pressed in earnest... yeah... It's annoying.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:38 am

Whoooo, Xbox! You should play Halo 3 with 'em! XD
DUAL-WIELD SPIKERS!! WHOOT!!! cheers

I can definitely feel your pain, though. With lots of siblings, it's very hard to find an alone--and QUIET--space. I think I must surely have adapted to it by now. At least reasonably well. ^_^

So, hm...
I COMPLAIN THAT... that... Some people's English isn't perfect!!
Yeah....
I cringe.
And then I hope that I don't make OTHER people cringe. Shocked
And... and... it's a horrible vicious cycle. Sad
My Constructive Corrector's Corner helps, but not all that much.
Everyone should just have an English handbook handy, or something. :medievalfight:
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Anemone Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:20 am

Arrogance....

Some people can't accept things, and some people love to ruin others days...

Arrogant jerk focused soley on me, started flaming me for dying to him while he abused an exploit and hid behind his entire team. His clanmates were in the match as well,a dn the three turned it into the only trollfest I had in the game.
Anemone
Anemone
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:08 pm

I have to go get lab work done today.... gah! I hate needles Stabby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:31 pm

I complain that it's the bastards who usually win.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:40 am

Ugh, I have a speech to work on today that I nearly forgot about before. It's based on my 10-page paper I had to write, but the thing is, there's only so much I can do alone, as I have a partner. >.< What really sucks though, is that our teacher never told us how to do them or what to do for them, so I'm not sure if we're supposed to have things to show (ie. PowerPoint), or if we're supposed to read from note cards, or what. I'm so lost!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:42 am

In that case, your best bet is to use your own judgment to decide how to give the presentation. So long as you're certain the means will be available (i.e. - a screen for a Power Point presentation), it's probably no holds barred as far as what you can do. For that matter, college professors usually like to see students who don't need to have every detail mapped out for them when it comes down to projects and assignments.

Initiative is the key!

That said, a well created Power Point presentation is always a hit.

Oh! I complain that, uh...there aren't any good movies for me to watch that I haven't already seen a million times. I also complain that love, in general, is no longer the strong and thriving emotion it once was. Furthermore, I complain that humanity has doomed itself to boredom through advanced technology, which completely saps the fun out of living to begin with. At the same time, though, without technology, we wouldn't have such cultural diversity in a limited space. Given my inherent affection for asian girls, that would be quite a bummer.
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:03 am

I think you're probably right about that, Weiss. My partner told me (over Facebook) that there's a Youtube video he wanted to show (since he's doing concept art in video games, and can show a speed painting), so I think I may show one too. My paper was about the importance of story in video games, and there's a video on Youtube exactly about that. The problem is, it's kind of long, so I'd have to find a spot to start it so that we aren't watching the entire thing.

I think you're right about humanity relying on technology to be amused any more. Still, gotta love it. Lol that just reminds me of Dean, from Supernatural. He was always talking about some website/magazine called Busty Asian Beauties haha.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:51 am

Bah, I don't even watch that show and I hate Dean now! I love the asian culture because of its adherence to tradition (until recent feats of westernization, that is). In a similar manner, I'm infatuated with asian women because of their natural beauty. I don't know why I'm so attracted to them, and some of them are downright unattractive, but they just draw me in like no others.

Wow, that video was amazing. XD And accurate, sadly. I'm not sure how you could chop that down without losing context, but I guess the real question is how long the video can be without your entire presentation becoming nothing but you showing people a video that you didn't make. That would obviously be negative points from the instructor's point of view.
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by cdawgg Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:46 am

i complain that the state of delaware absolutely sucks; i have a free day off from college and work but there's nowhere to go. not like i actually have money anyways... so i'll i complain about university sucking up all my money for a bunch of lousy books that i'll only use for seven or eight classes!

[complains, complains, complains.]

... i just have to remember i'm doing this for my dreams. s':
cdawgg
cdawgg
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaito Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:03 am

I complain that my hip hurts.
Kaito
Kaito
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:19 am

Weiss wrote:Bah, I don't even watch that show and I hate Dean now! I love the asian culture because of its adherence to tradition (until recent feats of westernization, that is). In a similar manner, I'm infatuated with asian women because of their natural beauty. I don't know why I'm so attracted to them, and some of them are downright unattractive, but they just draw me in like no others.

Wow, that video was amazing. XD And accurate, sadly. I'm not sure how you could chop that down without losing context, but I guess the real question is how long the video can be without your entire presentation becoming nothing but you showing people a video that you didn't make. That would obviously be negative points from the instructor's point of view.
Haha! I love certain aspects of the Asian tradition as well. My very first real boyfriend (and I mean 'real' since it was after high school) was Japanese actually, and while he was a pretty cool guy, after awhile, I found it incredibly hard for us to be close, as there were just so, so many cultural differences between us, not to mention the fact that English wasn't obviously his first language. One of my best friends in high school and college though was a girl that was Japanese (and also friends with him), but we got along just great, so, for me at least, it was a lot easier just to be friends than to have any sort of further emotional attachment. It became clear after awhile that things just weren't going to work out well, and I had to let him down easy. He even once admitted to me that his goal in coming to America was to date a blonde American girl lol. Anyway, there's a little story for you. I agree though that some Asian people can be beautiful, especially since most of them are so little and thin. (My fiancé though would argue with me. He doesn't think they're attractive at all, for some reason.)

Lol I'm glad you liked the video. I found it humorous and entertaining. That's something that worried me though -- I didn't want to just talk for a minute and then show this video that wasn't made by me. But! I have everything I want to say now typed up.

In case anyone's interested:
Opening
The stories in video games today are very important, as they serve as the foundation for everything else in the game. Bad stories, or ones that at least had potential but weren't developed fully, can hinder the game by creating a sort of distance between the player and their character, dividing them and the world in which they are supposed to be immersed. Poorly thought out stories can make every choice and every action in the game seem unimportant and monotonous. A good story, on the other hand, will not only pull the player further into the game, but will also make each task seem that much more worthwhile.

The Evolution of Games
In the early days of video games, just like the games themselves, the stories were very simplistic and basic. When we look at games like Pong, Pac Man, and Mario, and then compare those to the games popular today, it’s obvious that they differ quite a bit, the inclusion of stories being one major aspect. We can determine that the events that take place in games like Pac Mac start and end when the player starts the game and then quits. When the player starts again at a later time, the game restarts from the beginning all over again. Later games, however, allowed players to save their game progress so that they could pick up where they left off the last time they quit, thus continuing the story of the game and the development of their character.

Why Is Story Important?
Just as the stories in games are important, similarly, so too are the stories in movies. Both are forms of entertainment, and both serve the purpose to captivate, delight, and attract people, but as any movie critic would acknowledge, a film without a very good story is not one worth watching. While the public seems to widely accept and acknowledge that movies are a new age form of entertainment, this is still a realization that is only just starting to dawn on people about video games today. It is easy for anyone to see how far video games have come over the past twenty years and to recognize how much they've changed, but something that is still being debated is importance of telling a meaningful and fascinating story by means of gameplay.

Looking At It From A Scientific Perspective
Human beings are storytellers. We are compulsive storytellers, spending millions of dollars and many years of our lives creating new ways of sharing those narratives. Whole industries have been birthed through the desire to tell stories. Though there are many people in the world that are illiterate or that simply say they do not enjoy reading books, everyone enjoys a good story, whether they know it or not. The news is a prime example. Reporters are constantly vigilant about finding the most interesting and dramatic stories to report on. Stories make up our societies and help to define us. When it comes to video games, stories are no different.

Video Games Are Dull Without Story
An important thing to understand is that, while a game may contain all the perfect and necessary elements to make it excellent and enjoyable, so long as the story is severely lacking, the game itself will undoubtedly fail. Take, for example, Destroy All Humans. The game is simply about an alien that wants to kill everyone. The story is entirely linear and obvious, but the gameplay is funny, entertaining, and enjoyable. The Destroy All Humans games though have not done very well, and perhaps one reason for that is merely because there is no real point or goal other than to wreak havoc on humanity. There is nothing really to motivate the player through the game, and therefore it becomes dull and predictable.

In Closing
In many culture's history, stories were told orally and passed down through generations. Today, stories carry on through more mediums than every before, and they will only continue to transform and be reborn or remade into something new and captivating. It is true that not all stories were or are the greatest or the most interesting, but on the flip side, not all stories are not worth hearing either. If video games continue to change and grow and evolve as they have been doing since their creation, surely the art of storytelling will follow suit along with them to entertain the people of tomorrow just as stories have entertained the people of yesterday.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:39 am

I'll resist the urge to edit, for multiple reasons. It's a fairly well-written paper, though, so far as I can tell. The points are expressed clearly, given evidence (albeit unsubstantiated) and remain on topic. I know you didn't post it to have it graded or anything, but I figured I'd make at least a small commentary just to establish that I read it.

I am actually now the disheartened ex-boyfriend of one overachieving Chinese girl, I am sad to admit. It was a long-distance relationship, so perhaps it was doomed to fail anyway, but for two years I was happy to have found someone who seemed perfect for me in every way. I suppose it's some instance of twisted irony that I found the perfect girl for me only to find out that I'm not the perfect guy for that perfect girl.

I used to be infatuated only with the Japanese, simply because their traditions have always fascinated me the most. Given my fascination with the knights of Europe, you can imagine my interest in the samurai of Japan. The Chinese are quite interesting as well, though. I don't like their language nearly as much, but the cultural aspects are often very intriguing. I can't say that I sincerely want to visit China, whereas visiting Japan is a long-standing dream, but I probably wouldn't pass up the opportunity to see some of its more rural areas, where the natural beauty, and perhaps even Chinese tradition, still flourish.
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:08 am

Ah, it's just reworked and severely shortened version of my 10-page paper. I wrote it in more of a way to be read aloud. I also obviously didn't include any sources, since clearly I'm not going to be speaking those. (I have a couple of pages of works cited included with my actual paper.) That was nice of you to read it, Weiss.

Aww, really? That's too bad that things didn't end up working out for you both. I'm sorry that you happened to find a girl that seemed so perfect for you, only to have her not feel the same way. That alone though only goes to show that she really isn't the perfect girl for you. That just means that the real perfect girl for you is still out there, waiting to be discovered.

I can see and understand how the Japanese culture and their traditions would be fascinating to you, along with their ancient Samurai. The Japanese girl that I mentioned that I was friends with was actually dating a Chinese guy. He was a really nice person, but he said that he didn't like China very much. I guess his dad worked for the government, and that's why they owned their own house, but he had once told us that it's very rare there for people to actually own their own places. I'm not sure if he just meant because of how overpopulated it is, as I'd assume it would be near impossible to own a house in or around any big city, just like anywhere, but it always sounded like he wasn't fond of where he lived. Kimiko, the girl he was dating, on the other hand loved Japan. She was from Tokyo.

It was funny though, because she showed me their yearbooks, and there'd be random English inside different pages. I asked her why, wondering if perhaps they just had a lot of students that knew English or if they had any American students there (despite not spotting any in her grade), but she simply said, "Because it looks cool!" XD Here we are, thinking Japanese looks cool!

EDIT: Lol I make funny errors. I also need to type less like how I talk, since I make sentences that aren't really sentences. xD
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Anemone Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:18 am

Fate Foretold wrote:Ah, it's just reworked and severely shortened version of my 10-page paper. I wrote it in more of a way to be read aloud. I also obviously didn't include any sources, since clearly I'm not going to be speaking those. (I have a couple of pages of works cited included with my actual paper.) That was nice of you to read it, Weiss.

Aww, really? That's too bad that things didn't end up working out for you both. I'm sorry that you happened to find a girl that seemed so perfect for you, only to have her not feel the same way. That alone though only goes to show that she really isn't the perfect girl for you. That just means that the real perfect girl for you is still out there, waiting to be discovered.

I can see and understand how the Japanese culture and their traditions would be fascinating to you, along with their ancient Samurai. The Japanese girl that I mentioned that I was friends with was actually dating a Chinese guy. He was a really nice person, but he said that he didn't like China very much. I guess his dad worked for the government, and that's why they owned their own house, but he had once told us that it's very rare there for people to actually own their own places. I'm not sure if he just meant because of how overpopulated it is, as I'd assume it would be near impossible to own a house in or around any big city, just like anywhere, but it always sounded like he wasn't fond of where he lived. Kimiko, the girl he was dating, on the other hand loved Japan. She was from Tokyo.

It was funny though, because she showed me their yearbooks, and there'd be random English inside different pages. I asked her why, wondering if perhaps they just had a lot of students that knew English or if they had any American students there (despite not spotting any in her grade), but she simply said, "Because it looks cool!" XD Here we are, thinking Japanese looks cool!

EDIT: Lol I make funny errors. I also need to type less like how I talk, since I make sentences that aren't really sentences. xD

You know... I woulda proofread your essay as well....

I pulled an all-nighter....
Anemone
Anemone
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:28 am

Wow. How come?

Oh, the 10-page paper I had to do was due last week, so that's already been handed in. But now, our class needs to give speeches over what we covered in our papers, so that's what I've been trying to work on.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:44 am

I complain that I have a headache.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Anemone Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:21 pm

Its too cold to play video games, and as a side effect, my skill levels have reached an all time low....

Sad
Anemone
Anemone
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:06 pm

I'm complaining that my son just threw up at the Thai restaurant we frequent. Poor kid had too much of his favorite soup, and other food besides. It was too much for his little belly. And it almost looked like more came out than went in! Needless to say, he wasn't happy about it. And Ryona was mortified...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:14 pm

awww!

Poor baby!

=[

I know its not fun dealing with a puking child.

Of course, I have yet to deal with CJ puking in a restaurant...

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:17 pm

Well, being the loving and devoted mother that I am, I made sure to catch most of it on my shirt and shoes so the restaurant wouldn't have to clean it up.

Doh Cleaning
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:24 pm

My mother-in-law has told me stories of her catching puke in her hands to keep it off the floor.

pale

Yeah... Its bad enough if CJ doesn't like something, he spits it out and hands it to me... Idk if I could handle puke...

Complaint:: I've seen to have lost my muse...

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:29 pm

:: shudders :: I don't think I could ever be a mother. Go those who are successful with such a lifestyle! XD

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 34  Next