FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduction.

+6
Adrius Frostglare
Kalon Ordona II
Dio the Awesome
Ragter the junior greeter
Fate Flyer
Kestrel
10 posters

Go down

Introduction. Empty Introduction.

Post by Kestrel Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:16 am

G'afternoon. Alias 'd be Kestrel, as the box the the right suggests. Which is pretty interesting, because truth to be told this is the first forum I've signed up for that has that. Makes sense though, for a writing forum, since we start reading at the left. I like it. 'nother thing is that many terms are in Dutch. Like the search function. Truth to be told I started writing this in Dutch 'cause of it.

But anyway, on to the obligatory subjects. Who am I? Currently I am a student, who is eventually going to major psychology. 'Eventually' being cause next month I'm off to the other side of the world to go backpacking like the crazy hippie I secretly am. But until then I hope to do a little more writing, which I've done far too little in the past months. Writing is a passion of mine, see. And role-playing is something I really like to do. So lessay I missed it.

So past few days have been filled with making a total mess of my closets while digging in them for old notes and sketchbooks. It looks like Hell personified, but with less fire. Dug up a bunch of old projects, role-plays and poems. And with browsing old fora I used to go to. Reading my own posts, reading posts of people I used to role-play with and sometimes you feel the tendency to read more of that person. And thus I ended up here. I've seen the forum before, I s'pose, but dark coloured backgrounds tend to turn me away (Matter of fact alla this has been written in word). But I took the liberty of browsing a few topics. I like the dedication to a higher quality of writing the forum tries to show off, although I have to admit that as a newcomer it intimidates me a bit at times. Then again, it is probably just what I need. So intimidate away. The better my co-writers, the more my ego forces me to try and live up to it.

As for role-playing, I don't really have this huge list of 'do's and don't's'; I like to think I am varied. I do have a select few of complete turn-offs though. I do not do romance and modern warfare for personal reasons. I also refuse to participate in any magical highschool and most RP's based on popular media. But furthermore, I often find myself willing to try out new and different things.

And that'd be most of it for now. If you'll excuse me, I'll go off to browse now. Have a nice day.
Kestrel
Kestrel
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Introduction. Empty Re: Introduction.

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:13 am

Hi there, Kestrel. Welcome to FOG!

Lunarscorpio here is also majoring in psychology. Smile Oh wow, backpacking sounds like a lot of fun. I'm sure you'll make some great memories!

I've always kind of loved digging through my old stuff and in my closets, especially for old stories and such that I've written and can no longer remember. XD (I do it pretty much each time I go back home to my old bedroom.) But, from the sounds of it, your closets are the digital kind!

Forumotion (who we get this message board from) does not have the option to allow multiple forum skins, but one day, our other Admin here (onenitedrive) may be able to create a new lighter-colored skin for us using all coding to create it (AKA the hard and long way). So, that is something to possibly look forward to.

I'm also not one for romance, and it's understandable to not be interested in modern warfare, as it can hit home for a lot of people. It sounds like we have some similarities in taste.

I hope that you enjoy yourself here and find (or create) some great role-plays to participate in!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:18 am

Your topic title is boring, Introduction seems so bland, don't you think? Oh, and in absence of Dio, at least at this time, I'm going to make a shoddy rendition of one of his recurring themes, odd fanfiction.

Dio & Abraham Lincoln, part 1

It was night, when all of a sudden the wolves howled. Out of nowhere though rose the Confederate army, they were riding onto DC!

Luckily, Abe Lincoln was there with his trusty general Dio. They gave the orders to attack and all their men were slaughtered! Abe was quickly wounded by the Confederates and, in his rage, Dio tore his shirt off and went Hulk on the Confederates.

"DON'T DIE ABE" He exclaimed to Lincoln when he finally got back to him. "Dio, Dio, you must live on for me" the president stated simply, pressing his lips to Dio's, and then promptly dying.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" Dio shouted to the heavens with tears in his eyes.

FIN
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:11 pm

O.O

What have I created?

---

High atop his mountain side laboratory, Dr. Dio worked in secret, stitching together a brain made from many different roleplaying personalities. Lightening crackled overhead as Dr. Dio cackled.

"Mine creation is almost complete! Now gosef, flip the switch!"

The hunchback did as bidden, and messed with several diabolical looking mechanisms. Suddenly lightening arched through the artificial brain.

"YES YES YES!" Dr. Dio screamed and flailed his arms.

But this cheerful action caused Dr. Dio to knock over a vial of George Washington x Kangas Khan fanfiction over, spilling the contents into the brain.

"No!" Screamed Dr. Dio, but it was too late.

Ragter was created...

---

In other news, Welcome to the boards, Kestrel. You are allowed to ignore us. >.>
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:30 pm

Seems kind-of impertinent, there, Ragter. Neutral
I'm going to have to disagree: "Introduction." isn't boring, it's straightforward. And she had quite a long, quite an interesting introduction. Be nice. Smile

Welcome to the FOG, Kestrel! Very Happy
I don't think you'll have to worry much about the high standards here. Judging from your introduction, you'll fit right in. cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:35 pm

I'm sorry Sad I apologize Kestrel

Will badly written fanfiction make it up to you?
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrius Frostglare Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:23 pm

-------------

The mind, so fresh and so sensitive to stimulus, so very reactive... it is this mind that now fuels the will, the desire for...

THE INTRODUCTION.
With a period!

Unlike the previous entries, Introduction. provides the gate to the beginning... and the end...

of a declarative sentence.

------------------------------------------

Welcome to FOG. We're having a Greeter War right now >: ) cover your eyes to avoid the witzkrieg.
Adrius Frostglare
Adrius Frostglare
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

http://adriusfrostglare.deviantart.com/  (Deviant Art profile)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:34 pm

witzkreig! Laughing That's awesome! xD

Hey Kestrel, I can't really tell what your avatar is. I think I can see a doggie's nose in there, but for some reason the rest of it defies my scrutinization.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:38 pm

It's a dog with wings that has a moustache

At least, from my perspective.

By the way, I just noticed the period! THAT CHANGES EVERYTHING!
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:44 pm

It's clearly a pink lion with an afro. *rolls eyes*
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kestrel Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:57 pm

Fate Foretold, why thank you for the welcome. My closets are half digital, half 'analogue' though. All my English work is digital and a good 99% of my Dutch work finds its origin on paper. Simple explanation being; 'audience'. Y'see, I love my own language, but on the big bad interwebz, limiting your prose to Dutch sites is a no-go.

Ragter. Yup, it sounds pretty plain. But don't worry, you'll probably see plenty of extravagance from my side later on. No offence taken at all though, otherwise this paragraph would have been an exceptionally mean quizilla-reference Wink

Kalon, thank you for the welcome also. As for the avatar, it is a lion. Blatantly ripped from Josh Lesnick's webcomic 'Girlyyy'. I framed less of it than the original picture for so-called artistic reasons (simply put: I think it is pretty).

Adrius, hehe, sounds interesting. Seems like tons of fora have silly things going on in the intro sections though. Some more amusing than others. I'm glad this one is literal.
Kestrel
Kestrel
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:32 pm

Sooooo, would a badly written fanfiction make up for impertinence? or whatever he called it...
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:26 pm

Your avatar makes me grin. I have no idea why, it just does.

You new kids just drop out of the sky nowadays. Back in my day we had to fish them out of forums with a net and chloroform them into submission. Now they just jump in the boat. ::Sighs::
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mur Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:38 pm

-_^
...Sir, and/or madame, may I tell you that your writing in just your introduction alone intimidates me immensely? I get the feel you have the heart of a true writer, and a mind more intelligent than my own...
But then again, a mind more intelligent than that of a half decayed one is not difficult to find. Anywhozits, I may look out for your skills in the future, friend. ^_^
*got over her intimidation rather quickly*
Hope you find your place in FOG faster than I, seeing as how I still am a little bit...without...friends...
*sob*
Mur
Mur
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:45 pm

Welcome to FOG, Kestrel, and I do hope you enjoy your time here. Sorry, nothing amazing or witty - I just kinda woke up and my brain's still swimming a bit...

Still, awfully good to have you and your pink... lion-y... sorta a schauzer, I thought... once... avatar about the place. *grins*
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:00 pm

Ahh, so it's some kind of lion. Cool, at least now I have some foggiest idea. Heheh, FOGgiest. xD *ahem*
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:33 am

Gah! I hasn't even proberbly introducted meself.

Thyne name are Driodi, but you can name be Angella, if you wants. I can't never stop you.

I shruely hope yous can has a greet thyme here at Fotstoops 'O Ghasts. We are good bat those Polerays you chilbren keep wandering off about. We has owards, and metals, and thinks.

If you has a blue's clues apout what I flounder, has a hippo cokkie.

Comewel to the broads.

EDIT: I didn't realize how bad 'Comewel to the broads' actually sounds. What's done is done. :/
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:25 am

Hey, Kestral, I still need to know if a fanfiction will make it up to you...

If it doesn't, I could always get you another welcoming gift, to make it up for you, you see.
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kestrel Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:39 am

I'd say that's not necessary, but you seem to enjoy writing hthem. So go ahead.
Kestrel
Kestrel
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:19 pm

DIO & LINCOLN PART V

It was just another normal day in the good old US of A in the year 2010, but wait, what was this?! Suddenly the Earth was shifting and a crack appeared out of nowhere! "Abe, what's happening?!" Dio cried out to the man sitting across from him. "By the gods, I don't know Dio!" Lincoln exclaimed back. On that note, the two of them exited their house and instantly fell into the crack.

What they discovered...was a thing called Kefk! "Oh my, a clown is trying to destroy the world!" Dio exclaimed. "We must stop him!" Dio said to his lover, Lincoln, whom silently agreed. With that, the two of them were off on a quest to save the world from Kefk! After hours upon hours, they had leveled up to level 100 and were strong enough to save the world.

With one mighty roar, Dio tore Kefka to pieces and made a mantle out of his head. "And so, the day was saved by Dio & Abe!" Dio cried out triumphantly, and then pounced upon the president. Cut to black and the words...

FIN

appear.

Smile
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrius Frostglare Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:08 pm

You, sir, do not do justice to the omnipotent god that is Kefka.

Light's Judgment, HO!!!!

Lincoln IS pretty hardcore, though...

Introduction. Steampunk-Lincoln-steampunk-1038417_600_750

See? Nothing compared to Mr. Palazzo here, though:

Introduction. Ff62020kefka20gonna20molest20u
Adrius Frostglare
Adrius Frostglare
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

http://adriusfrostglare.deviantart.com/  (Deviant Art profile)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:55 pm

I say Kefka is nothing compared to Dio! T_T
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:17 am

Ugh... So many grammatical mistakes... I feel faint...

Anyway, welcome to the boards, Kestrel.

If the responses to this thread are any indication, there is no need to feel intimidated. However, it is nice that this board intimidates people. It keeps the craptastic players away from here for the most part, and those who feel they would like to improve their skills are welcomed. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:15 am

What Kathryn says is true, we have a pet lion, he's right here: >:3
Ghost
Ghost