FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduction

+5
Kathryn Lacey
Lord Revan
The Ghost Writer
Red_Wolf
Weirdo_wired
9 posters

Go down

Introduction Empty Introduction

Post by Weirdo_wired Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:16 pm

I have never in my life called roleplaying, roleplaying. To me it was just characters that I found interesting and decided to write about. Yet, I find myself here on FOG. My interests range from a variety of topics. I’m pretty much open to anything unless it’s overtly sexual or sci-fi. I am not an avid gamer and I know nothing of warlocks. The closest to fantasy I am is Harry Potter and possibly Lord of the Rings. All I need is patience. I am very excited to get started and I hope I get to read some good writing. I like to watch action movies, especially ones about war. I also like drama movies that aren’t entirely based on love. I like to dance and sing even though I’m not very good. That’s about it.

Weirdo_wired
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Introduction Empty Re: Introduction

Post by Red_Wolf Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:26 pm

Welcome to FOG Weirdo! Razz Hopefully you will enjoy writing on this site as much as I have (although I'm still waiting for both roleplays I am in to pick up the pace a little bit...). I'm glad I finally got one of my friends to join FOG and perhaps we will be in the same roleplay later on.
Have fun!
Red_Wolf
Red_Wolf
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:52 pm

Glad you found the rest of us weirdos! Very Happy I'm turned on by war movies myself; I hope we have a chance to collaborative in a great combat role play in the future.

If you have any questions, shoot me or another staff member a PM. We don't bite! Well... Silvan does. Aww
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:28 pm

Welcome Wierdo to FoG! Like Ghost said it's good you found the rest of us wierdos!

My name is Marc and I am your friendly OOC Moderator, so if you have any questions, need any help, feel free to contact myself or any of the other staff

Enjoy your stay!
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:50 pm

Welcome to FoG, Wired!

So, have you actually role-played in the past, or have you only done solo writing? Either way, you're definitely welcome here! It's always good to try new things, too, and to expand one's interests.

You won't have to worry about over-sexualized role-playing on FoG. Because our highest rating is R, having two characters have sex is against our rules. There can be allusions to it, but the actual act must be a fade-to-black sort of deal. Besides, you can always feel free to make it clear to you role-play partner(s) that you don't want anything to do with sexual encounters and the like. ^^_^^

Like you, I don't like games that are solely based on romance - it's just a little too boring for me - but I do like games that maybe have a touch of it though it's not necessary.

I'm Kathryn, and I'm one of the moderators of this great site! If you need any advice or have any questions or have any concerns, you can come to me or to any of our other staff members. We're all open, friendly, and willing to speak with the members.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your stay!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:42 pm

Greetings, Wired!

Introduction Welcom10

Welcome to Footsteps of Ghosts!

Check out our rules, etiquette and "What is FOG?" sections.

If you want to discover our newest features or share feedback about the site, stop by the news and announcements area. If you have any trouble using the forum itself, try the FAQ.

If you have any questions, our staff will be more than happy to assist you.

We also have a chat room if you would like to talk to our members now.

Take a moment to browse our forums and perhaps find a role-play to your liking, a place to receive input on your works of literature or simply to converse with people of similar interests.

Welcome! If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:01 pm

Welcome to FOG, Wired! I am surprised Red Wolf found a recruit! I hope you enjoy the role playing experience or if nothing else, playing around the OOC forums like Mr. Wolf.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:21 am

(Well, it can go a bit more than fade-to-black. In fact, as long as it's tastefully done and has a significant purpose in the story, there aren't that many restrictions at all. The line is drawn at sex for sex's sake, or if it's explicitly written or overly graphic. Erotica, no; sex in the story, yes.)

Welcome to the FOG, Wierdo-wired! cheers
It's great to have you with us! If you ever have any questions about how to get started or would like assistance, don't be shy about asking. Very Happy We're pretty handy with answers. ^_^ Have a fun exploration of the site!

Welcome again, and enjoy the swirly mists! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:41 pm

NOM NOM NOM...

Oh...sorry...was I supposed to say something first before nibbling? My bad... Sweat Drop

Welcome to FoG! I can assure you that you are in excellent company with the rest of us weirdos! I'm SilvanArrow, your other friendly neighborhood Global Moderator, friendly neighborhood Science Nerd, and friendly neighborhood soul nibbler! It sounds like the others have covered most of the mandatory advice, so I'll just say enjoy your stay and ask if you have any questions!

*resumes nibbling* Twisted Evil
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:31 pm

Weirdo_wired wrote:I have never in my life called roleplaying, roleplaying. To me it was just characters that I found interesting and decided to write about. Yet, I find myself here on FOG.

I was the same way until Ryona introduced me to role-playing. I prefer... collaborative writing over role-playing itself, though I can't say I haven't learned a lot about writing in my time here.

Anyway, welcome to the boards! I hope you enjoy your time here Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down