FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

introduction?

+2
Kalon Ordona II
Haban
6 posters

Go down

introduction? Empty introduction?

Post by Haban Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:33 am

So I guess this is where I introduce myself.
Hello, you can call me Haban. I'm currently a student. I live in scandinavia while actually being Irish/Indian. But I'd say more Irish.

Most of my time goes to thinking, pondering and contemplating different options. I'm considered a very deep person and anyone who has commented on my blog seems to like it so i guess I'm a good writer? But that's for you to decide.

I don't really know what I like or dislike when it comes to role-playing since I can't say I have any real experience so I still have things to learn. When I started off with the idea of role-playing my mind was set on one-on-one but I'm at this point quite open to anything.

So I guess this is it.

Haban
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

introduction? Empty Re: introduction?

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:02 am

Allow me to be the first to extend the hands of welcome.
Welcome to the FOG, Haban! cheers

I'm sure the rest of the gang will be along shortly.
In the mean time, a good place to start looking around is in the FOG Information section, where you'll find all sorts of goodies like the Rules, and helpful things like that. Very Happy There's also a FAQ up in the navigation bar. Very, very helpful, the FAQ. Nod

As for learning how to role-play, what sorts of things do you like to write about? Very Happy That's probably a good place to start if you're thinking of starting a RP with someone. Do you like fantasy, modern, sci-fi...? There are plenty of genres. If you read a lot, you probably have a good idea which genre is your favorite; or you might like a whole lot. ^^

Role-playing on a forum like this is taking turns writing a story each from your own character's perspective. A One-on-One is indeed a great place to start, since you don't have to worry about the dynamics of playing with several people. Both are great fun, though. ^^

Looking forward to seeing how your writing develops! Very Happy
Be sure to ask lots of questions. We'll probably be racing each other to deliver the paragraphs-long answers first. xD

Welcome again, and enjoy the swirly mists! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:43 pm

Welcome to FOG, Haban! I'm like you in that I barely had any experience in role-playing when I joined FOG, but it wasn't that difficult to learn. If you've done any creative writing just on your own or like writing stories, you'll make the transition with no problem. It's just a lot more of writing from your character's perspective while responding and interacting with everyone else's characters. It's loads of fun!

I would do something insane, but I'm sure the rest of the welcome wagon will give you your fill of craziness for now. Enjoy your stay!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:20 pm

Greetings, Haban! Here’s some advice so that you don’t get lost in the spiral mists.

introduction? Welcom10

Welcome to Footsteps of Ghosts!

Check out our rules, etiquette and "What is FOG?" sections.

If you want to discover our newest features or share feedback about the site, stop by the news and announcements area. If you have any trouble using the forum itself, try the FAQ.

If you have any questions, our staff will be more than happy to assist you.

We also have a chat room if you would like to talk to our members now.

Take a moment to browse our forums and perhaps find a role-play to your liking, a place to receive input on your works of literature or simply to converse with people of similar interests.

Sorry for the late welcome.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:01 pm

I, too, was practically new when I joined here. I'd done one role-play on Gaia at the insistence of my wife, Ryona Noel. And I'd done a one-on-one with her over a few years.

Since I've joined FOG I've learned a whole lot when it comes to writing, particularly dialogue. My writing with everything is getting a lot better than it would have otherwise. So, all-in-all, role-playing here on FOG is a wonderful experience, and I'm sure in time you will agree.

The best way to go is to just start joining some role-plays and see what you like best. Chances are if you try to create your own without having established a name for yourself as a role-player, you won't get many bites. It happens to everyone. So establish your name here by joining some role-plays, and in time you'll be making your own Smile

Welcome to the FOG, Haban!

Back to top Go down

Post by fragilefigure Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:08 pm

Pick me! Pick me! I am always looking for new 1x1 partners. Razz

Welcome! Hope to see you around. ^-^
fragilefigure
fragilefigure
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:28 am

Pardon the oh-so-late welcome to FOG! I've been absent far too long, and I just want to familiarize myself with the new faces!

Welcome to FOG! I hope you're enjoying it and that you have been nibbled or exploded or anything of that sort yet. Just kidding... Or am I?

Anyway, you can call Rain (or Raine - some prefer the 'e') or whatever you'd like! Nice to meet you!
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down