FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is an introduction.

+6
Kalon Ordona II
Sunwolf007
MoiraofWords
Bird of Hermes
Gadreille
Kremlin
10 posters

Go down

This is an introduction. Empty This is an introduction.

Post by Kremlin Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:52 pm

Hi, I assume my username is attached to this post, so I don't have to tell you about that. My hobbies are all what you'd expect and nothing spectacular. I enjoy vitriolic, petty arguements as well as the well thought out ones. I also enjoy speculating on and reading/writing about the lurid details of human dysfunction. I am a borderline troll, but I assure you I have a genuine interest in this site and would save my troll urges for other venues. I am, surprisingly, unemployed.

As for my roleplaying attributes, I've roleplayed since I was very young and allowed to touch a computer but there is a gap in my life where I abandoned it completely. So, I'm actually getting back into it for the first time in a while, but I've never stopped writing so hopefully the transition isn't too painful. My mind is also three or four sentences ahead of what I'm physically typing, so that can cause problems. I promise I'll try my best. But if I commit some horrible taboo feel free to ostracize me, I suppose. Not that I could stop you.
Kremlin
Kremlin
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

This is an introduction. Empty Re: This is an introduction.

Post by Gadreille Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:56 pm

Welcome to FOG, Kremlin. I hope that your transition back into role playing is seamless and that you find yourself at home here! I'm sure someone else will come along and give you the shpeal (is that spelled correctly?) with all of the link-ys to the rules and hot spots and stuff so I won't bother, but I bet you are a big boy and can figure all that on your own anyway! Very Happy

I hope that didn't sound condescending, it wasn't meant to! I'm just hyped up on sugar and can't form my thoughts correctly!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:10 pm

Greetings, Kremlin! Here’s some advice so that you don’t get lost in there. (This is the aforementioned "shpeal".)

This is an introduction. 13fe758e06

Welcome to Footsteps of Ghosts!

Check out our rules, etiquette and "What is FOG?" sections.

If you have any trouble using the forum itself, try the FAQ.

If you have any questions, our staff will be more than happy to assist you.

Take a moment to browse our fourms and perhaps find a role-play to your liking, a place to receive input on your works of literature or simply to converse with people of similar interests.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:26 pm

Welcome to the FOG, Kremlin! I've only been role-playing for less than a year...so I'm positive you'll fall into things rather quickly. Especially since you've had previous experience Wink

I, too, enjoy reading and writing about human dysfunction. If used incorrectly, it can completely ruin a good story. But used in the right way, it can make an amazing story!

Anyway, enjoy yourself here, and I look forward to your writing as well as your arguments Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by MoiraofWords Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:30 pm

Well I'll have you know: This... is... SPARTA!

Anyway, nice to meet you. I like you avatar. Did you draw it yourself?
MoiraofWords
MoiraofWords
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kremlin Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:54 pm

Thanks for the welcomes and advice. You guys reply quickly.

Yes I did draw my avatar, thank you.
Kremlin
Kremlin
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:31 pm

We like to keep on the ball here. Laughing Welcome to FoG! If you were looking for a place to get back into quality RPing than you have certainly found it. Don't be to afraid to make mistakes though, we are usually nice when it comes to pointing out the mistakes of others although be warned there are a few people out there that like pointing out all the grammatical or spelling errors you make. Use spell check a lot but since you write you should know that anyway. Anyway welcome to FoG and I hope to see you around.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:00 am

Welcome to the FOG, Kremlin! cheers
I think we're going to like having you around.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:01 pm

Welcome to FOG, Kremlin! It sounds like you'll fit right in here. Don't worry about not having role-played in a while. I've been role-playing for less than a year, but I've been writing for many years, which made the transition pretty easy. Hope you enjoy your stay, and I look forward to role-playing with you soon!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:06 pm

Welcome to FoG, Kremlin.

I've had my fair share of role playing on and off, and I will tell you that once you start writing a post, it's incredibly easy to just fit yourself right back into place with it. At least, that's how it's been in my personal experience.

I hope you enjoy your stay.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:55 pm

Another recent addition that I have yet to greet! I apologize. I haven't been on the ball with this lately, since I've been rather busy with other things.

This is an introduction. WelcomeToFOG

Like the spiffy little picture says, welcome to Footsteps of Ghosts! I'm still not very good at this whole welcoming thing, so I'll just leave this here and be on my way.

Oh, feel free to drop into the chat room by following the link at the top of the page! It can get quite lively sometimes, so it's a good way to meet some of the members and get to know them outside of the roleplays.

See you around!
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmortalSin Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:04 pm

Kremlin wrote:My mind is also three or four sentences ahead of what I'm physically typing, so that can cause problems.

So I'm not the only one after all! It's even worse when I'm writing... in fact just last week my Ancient History class had a chuckle because someone had written about "Invisible Archaeologists" instead of "Invisible Archaeology". I thought it was hilarious until I got my paper back and saw that it was me who'd written that. Doh

Of course I knew that there was no such thing as invisible archaeologists, I just got too far ahead of myself and made an error. I did pass the exam though!

Well, that's my anecdote for the day. I guess I'll return to my corner now. But not without first saying welcome to FoG, Kremlin! I hope you see you around!
ImmortalSin
ImmortalSin
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kremlin Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:02 am

Thanks for the encouragement. I'll also be sure to check out the chat, Weiss.

Yeah, essays and schoolwork seemed to be where my habits caused the worst problems. I was making an example paper (it basically just said "title" for the title and showed proper format or something), and I added in a little "F - " in the corner to be cheeky. I can't quite remember what I was thinking, but I apparently put down another three minuses which bumped into an ED (I think it was the class code I don't remember, this was a while ago), and the teacher read it as "F---ed title"

Fortunately he had a sense of humor I accidentally appealed to.
Kremlin
Kremlin
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:34 pm

Having stuff like that happen by accident.... that's golden! xD
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down