FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A brief Introduction

+3
Silvan Arrow
Kathryn Lacey
Fortuitous Anonymity
7 posters

Go down

A brief Introduction Empty A brief Introduction

Post by Fortuitous Anonymity Mon May 24, 2010 10:02 pm

Hello to any - and everyone choosing to read this topic. Thank you for taking the time to familiarize yourself with a new member to this site. As I have observed, this forum is full of highly capable and imaginative writers. I look forward to joining your ranks, and perhaps finding a niche of my own amongst you all.

I have long been a member of Roleplay Gateway under a alternate pseudonym. Close to a year ago I received a PM on that site referring me to FOG. I hadn't the time until recently to look into FOG in depth. I of course registered forthwith. I can only hope to aspire to the talents of some of your members.

Admittedly, I prefer to participate in roleplays that are realistic. Mild fantasy can intrigue me at times, but I struggle to stay active in anything that strays too far from realism. Modern plots involving drama, suspense, and complicated issues interest me greatly. Of course I am always a sucker for historical fiction.

As for anything else you might want to know about myself, I will leave it to my profile to do the work. Such as is implied in my user name, I prefer to remain rather anonymous. In my opinion, personal details - contrary to popular belief - only muddy the impression of the writer. I hope to let my writing speak for itself.

-Fortuitous Anonymity (F.A.)

Fortuitous Anonymity
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

A brief Introduction Empty Re: A brief Introduction

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon May 24, 2010 10:09 pm

Welcome to FoG, Fortuitous!

If you're willing to learn and better yourself, I'm sure you'll become just as good as you hope to become. That's not to say that your writing isn't already good. Judging by your introduction alone you seem to have a good grasp on grammar and spelling, so that's at least half the battle.

There are other people in this place who appreciate realistic plots. I like them on occasion, but I prefer things that extend past what's possible in my own life. heheh

I hope you enjoy yourself. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 24, 2010 10:13 pm

Yeah...

o_O

Anyway!

What's up? Welcome to the site! Cool, a new person. Hehe, that means that I'm no longer that new anymore! Yay me! Hehe. You'll like it here, I think. Sorry this is so short, I'm not good at welcoming!! Sorryz! But I am glad that someone new has shown up! I hope to see you rolling around the site!

Until then,
Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Tue May 25, 2010 6:13 pm

Welcome to FOG! You seem like a very interesting individual, so I have no doubt that you'll find your niche here. You're definitely in the right place to improve your writing and role-playing skills alongside your fellow writers. And don't be nervous; we're all in the same place in that we want to improve our writing, so we try to help each other when possible. Speaking of which, check out the Critiques section of the forums under Writing and Journalism. People post their original works there for others to review and offer feedback. All right, that's all from me! Take care, and I hope you enjoy your stay!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 26, 2010 4:47 am

Welcome to the swirling mists, or FOG. I think your writing is superb.

Mornings aren't my time of the day, aka I'm having trouble figuring out what to say/write.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your stay here, and if you have any questions feel free to ask me or the staff, or most anyone. You can ale ays post them here. ^_^

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Thu May 27, 2010 12:44 am

Welcome to Fog F.A.

Here you will find talented writers such as yourself, interesting and pleasant people, a ghost, some donuts, and the occasional beating with a mighty smite stick.

Yes, I am weird, hence the name Quakernuts.

Anyways, moving on. Yeah, as everyone said, if you have any questions you can ask anyone here. They will surely answer to the best of their ability.

I can pretty much write in any kind of roleplay, so I look forward to seeing you in one of them.

Until then
Quakernuts
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 28, 2010 8:07 pm

Welcome! From what I've seen in your intro alone, you are a rather talented writer.
While I agree that anonymity helps to give the writing itself its own foundation...I have to say we don't agree on much when it comes to role-plays themselves... lol!

I prefer role-plays with more freedom. I feel to constrained by modern role-plays, and even historical fiction. Not that those are bad categories to role-play, of course. I admit that it is a fault of my own; I feel to constrained role-playing in those worlds.

Either way, hopefully we'll see you in some role-plays soon! And hopefully you find this community to your liking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Moonseye Sun May 30, 2010 12:13 am

Welcome to FOG, Fortuitous Anonymity!

I am a little late on welcoming you, but better late than never as they say. You seem to be very talented at writing, and though I don't share many rping interests with you I'm sure you'll find something here to your liking!

I won't take up too much of your time, but a little shameless advertising never hurt anyone. Wink If you're interested in getting to know your fellow foggers a great place to do so is our chat! It has its slow moments, but in the evening you can usually find at least one or two people hanging out.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy your stay here in the swirling mists!
Shadow Moonseye
Shadow Moonseye
Apparition
Apparition

Female

http://shadow-moonseye.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:14 pm

Greetings, Fortuitous Anonymity! Here’s some advice so that you don’t get lost in the spiraling mists.

A brief Introduction Welcom10

Welcome to Footsteps of Ghosts!

Check out our rules, etiquette and "What is FOG?" sections.

If you want to discover our newest features or share feedback about the site, stop by the news and announcements area. If you have any trouble using the forum itself, try the FAQ.

If you have any questions, our staff will be more than happy to assist you.

We also have a chat room if you would like to talk to our members now.

Take a moment to browse our forums and perhaps find a role-play to your liking, a place to receive input on your works of literature or simply to converse with people of similar interests.

I hope you enjoy your stay here at FOG. I also hope I have not made any typos in the above this time around.

OvO

Anyway, please feel free to ask any questions you may have. Our members are always eager to help out. Welcome from the messenger bird.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:41 pm

A marvelous word, fortuitous. ^^
Welcome to the FOG, F.A.! cheers
Come in and know us better, man! Ohohohoho! Laughing

Sorry, dunno where that came from. Razz