FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Quotes!

+44
Lost Dreams
Eternal Phoenix
Dreamless Days
MadHatClemens
MidsummerMermaid
Eugenides
Blackrock
Digital Muse
Lord Revan
Lumeus
Crimson Saint
The Ghost Writer
Undisputed
Artorius
Lamenting_Quill
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Gadreille
Gabe
Acid Varrakin
ImmortalSin
Mydnyte Syn
Bird of Hermes
Dax
The Melancholy Spirit
Jorick
ACK!
Anemone
Ars Longa Vita Brevis
Ragter the junior greeter
Kalon Ordona II
Fate Flyer
Adrius Frostglare
Eternity
Angel White
LunarScorpio
Loki
Kail DeWraith
Inerio
Gunneh
Kathryn Lacey
Kaito
Fluff
Squall Reyes
Hello Danger
48 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Favorite Quotes! - Page 5 Empty Re: Favorite Quotes!

Post by Guest Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:35 pm

"Never regret anything, because at one point it was exactly what you wanted."

Not sure who said it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:49 am

"One, two! One, two! The vorpal sword
went snicker-snack. He left it dead, and with its head
he went galumphing back."

Unknown author, inside wall of Albertsons delivery truck.

Probably the most awesome thing I've seen in my time there. I googled it, and its a poem about the Jabberwocky in From the Looking Glass. I don't know who wrote it on the wall, but it pretty much made my night Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:08 pm

I just found this one:

"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on."
- Robert Bloch

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:35 pm

"Flying is learning how throw yourself to the ground and miss."

-Douglas Adams

Personal favorite:

“The Answer to the Great Question Of.....Life, the Universe and Everything.....(is) Forty-two.”

-Douglas Adams
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Danger Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:47 am

"Your name lady, I still need to hear it. Well, perhaps angels have no names, only beautiful faces."

- William, A Knight's Tale
Hello Danger
Hello Danger
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Danger Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:19 pm

"I once had a heart, and it was true," he said to the moon.

- Unknown
Hello Danger
Hello Danger
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:21 pm

"One of the wonders of the internet is really that you can quote anyone saying anything without a reliable source, and be believed." - Superman
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:28 pm

Whoa, duuuuuUUUuuude! Superman said that!? Whoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Danger Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:43 pm

lol! Dax, I already posted that quote earlier, but it was George Washington that said that. Not Superman! hahaha
Hello Danger
Hello Danger
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:00 am

“Too many people grow up. That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up."

-Walt Disney
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:11 am

If fifty million people say a foolish thing, it's still a foolish thing

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:27 am

"The greatest deeds in life are those worth the risk of death."
- Me. ^^
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:29 am

"Destruction is far simpler than creation, than sustenance, than deliverance; It takes but one to destroy a world. But the deliverance of that world is not a task for one alone. A world whose fate rests in the hands of one is a world far too simple to be worth saving."
--Prophesy, Elizabeth Haydon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:58 pm

Just read this on the Decibel Magazine site, a guest blog from Thomas Youngblood (Guitarist from Kamelot):

"Growing up in an A.D.D. world of instant gratification, high sugar levels, toxic products, and lame POP songs, the vinyl experience is like a detox for your soul."
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:27 pm

Piglet - "How do you spell love? " Pooh- "You don't spell it... you feel it."

Piglet and Pooh from Pooh Bear.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:30 pm

"Saying 'I notice you're a nerd' is like saying, 'Hey, I notice that you'd rather be intelligent than be stupid, that you'd rather be thoughtful than be vapid, that you believe that there are things that matter more than the arrest record of Lindsay Lohan. Why is that?' In fact, it seems to me that most contemporary insults are pretty lame. Even 'lame' is kind of lame. Saying 'You're lame' is like saying 'You walk with a limp.' Yeah, whatever, so does 50 Cent, and he's done all right for himself."

- John Green
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:45 pm

several lurv quotes that are some of my many favorites.

Falling in love is so hard on the knees.
=Aerosmith

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?
=Unknown Author

Other or random:

I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
=Oscar Wilde
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall Reyes Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:38 pm

November 5th is coming. And as with any major election, it can change the course of the world. I think a reminder of how and why we are voting is in order.

"For in a republic, who is "the Country"? Is it the Government which is for the moment in the saddle? Why, the Government is merely a servant- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them. Who, then, is "the Country"? Is it the newspaper? is it the pulpit? Is it the school superintendent? Why, these are mere parts of the country, not the whole of it; they have not command, they have only their little share in the command. They are but one in a thousand; it is in the thousand that command is lodged; they must determine what is right and what is wrong; they must decide who is a patriot and who isn't.
Who are the thousand--that is to say, who are "the Country"? In a monarchy, the king and his family are the country; in a republic it is the common voice of the people. Each of you, for himself, by himself and on his own responsibility, must speak. And it is a solemn and weighty responsibility, and not lightly to be flung aside at the bullying of pulpit, press, government, or the empty catch-phrases of politicians. Each must for himself alone decide what is right and what is wrong, and which course is patriotic and which isn't. You cannot shirk this and be a man. To decide it against your convictions is to be an unqualified and inexcusable traitor, both to yourself and to your country, let men label you as they may. If you alone of all the nation shall decide on way, and that way be the right way according to your convictions of the right, you have done your duty by yourself and by your country--hold up your head. You have nothing to be ashamed of." - Mark Twain

This was quoted in a Marvel comic and was said by Captain America who finished off the issue by saying.

"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: The requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree besides the river of truth, and tell the whole world----No you move." -Captain America.

I hope...I pray that those of you in my homeland will use November 5 to make your voices heard.

Last edited by Squall Reyes on Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:54 pm

"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: The requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree besides the river of truth, and tell the whole world----No you move." -Captain America.

"No you move." That almost made me teary.
Good quotes, Squall!! Clap Clap Clap
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall Reyes Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:21 am

“The vote is the most powerful instrument ever devised by man for breaking down injustice and destroying the terrible walls which imprison men because they are different from other men.” - President LBJ

“Under democracy one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule - and both commonly succeed, and are right” Henry Louis Mencken (This quote was from 1920's, so our two parties haven't changed since then...joy.)

"people had been led to believe that they could simply vote for whatever they wanted... and get it, without toil, without sweat, without tears." - From Starship Troopers The book not the movie. You know the GOOD one. (This was written in the 50's, and how true it is of today's voting public is disgusting.)
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:30 pm

I have a couple favorite quotes!

"If living means bowing down to the likes of you (censored), I'd rather die on my feet with my head held high." - Mugen, Samurai Champloo ep. 1

"Life without courage is slavery, and Koss was born free." - Koss, Ally Hero from Guild Wars Nightfall campaign

"I've seen better heads on a mug of beer!" - Unknown, one of the guys from Grease
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:16 pm

The following is a quote from John Haughm, the vocalist/guitarist/lyricst of the band Agalloch, after being asked his view of God/Divinity/Spiritually. The line he refers to was mentioned by the interviewer from the “In the Shadow of Our Pale Companion” and was:

"If this grand panorama before me is what you call God. . .
Then God is not dead"

Side note: It took some effort to paraphrase this from his speech patterns and all the uhm, ehm, you know - stuff.

“Well from a pagan stand point, there are many gods. I think in that line I was referring to the god of nature. Where as in Bloodbirds I’m referring to the god of man as being a failure whereas the god of nature is creating beautiful panorama that is endless and wondrous I mean that’s really my point of view of god is its more or less just a perspective, it’s a human perspective on life in different forms and I take more of the heathen approach to that whole concept. I don’t really believe in some Christ figure or anything or whatever but rather just a spirit and different sorts of spirits like the spirits of the woods and the spirits of the sea and things like that and that god is in a way what you make it, him to be, or it to be. So yeah, that’s kind of where I stand on that I’m definitely not Christian and I don’t subscribe to any sort Christian views but sometimes Christians have the rights things to say if they aren’t fanatical about it and that’s the other thing is that I believe people should be free to believe in whatever the hell they want but as soon as you mix extremism with ideology and things like that its bad, whether its Christian, pagan or whatever. The short answer is I take more of a heathen view.”

Last edited by The Melancholy Spirit on Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall Reyes Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:34 pm

All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
Mark Twain

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
Sholom Aleichem

Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall Reyes Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:00 pm

"The best thing for being sad," replied Merlin, beginning to puff and blow, "is to learn something. That's the only thing that never fails. You may grow old and trembling in your anatomies, you may lie awake at night listening to the disorder of your veins, you may miss your only love, you may see the world about you devastated by evil lunatics, or know your honour trampled in the sewers of baser minds.There is only one thing for it then -- to learn. Learn why the world wags and what wags it. That is the only thing which the mind can never exhaust, never alienate, never be tortured by, never fear or distrust,and never dream of regretting. Learning is the only thing for you. Look what a lot of things there are to learn." -- T.H. White, "The Once and Future King"
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:19 am

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
~Eleanor Roosevelt
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:30 pm

You can either complain that
rose bushes have thorns — or rejoice
that thorn bushes have roses.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:40 pm

"The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just."

-Abraham Lincoln
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:53 am

"He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man!" -Avenged Sevenfold (I tihnk they got it from somewhere else)
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:48 am

"And so now I'd like to say - people can change anything they want to. And that means everything in the world. People are running about following their little tracks - I am one of them. But we've all got to stop just following our own little mouse trail. People can do anything - this is something that I'm beginning to learn. People are out there doing bad things to each other. That's because they've been dehumanized. It's time to take the humanity back into the center of the ring and follow that for a time. Greed, it ain't going anywhere. They should have that in a big billboard across Times Square. Without people you're nothing. That's my spiel." — Joe Strummer

"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not. There is nothing more common then unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not. Unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not. The world if full of educated derelicts. Persistence and Determination alone are Omnipotent.
" — Joe Strummer
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:18 pm

I don't necessarily think these are profound, I just enjoy them---

A couple of military ones (I know it's all I seem to talk about! Razz )

"There's only one thief in the world. Everyone else is just trying to get their **** back."
-Anon

"Nobody ever drowned in sweat."
-Every Drill Sergeant Ever

"A stupid idea that works is not stupid."
-Anon

Now movies:

"Does a lion limber up before taking down a gazelle?"
Tallahassee-Zombieland (sorry, I had to)

"What is your major malfunction numbnuts?!"
Gunnery Sergeant Hartmann-Full Metal Jacket

"Do, or do not. There is no try."
Yoda-Star Wars (I'm guessing just about everyone knew that already)

And now games:

"I hope this isn't Chris' blood."
Barry Burton-Resident Evil on PSX-not profound, just hilariously bad voice acting.

"All your base are belong to us."
Cats-Zero Wing-really messed up translation from original Japanese.

"It always does that...except when it doesn't do that."
Sheogorath-Elder Scrolls IV-Shivering Isles Expansion
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next