FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Quotes!

+44
Lost Dreams
Eternal Phoenix
Dreamless Days
MadHatClemens
MidsummerMermaid
Eugenides
Blackrock
Digital Muse
Lord Revan
Lumeus
Crimson Saint
The Ghost Writer
Undisputed
Artorius
Lamenting_Quill
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Gadreille
Gabe
Acid Varrakin
ImmortalSin
Mydnyte Syn
Bird of Hermes
Dax
The Melancholy Spirit
Jorick
ACK!
Anemone
Ars Longa Vita Brevis
Ragter the junior greeter
Kalon Ordona II
Fate Flyer
Adrius Frostglare
Eternity
Angel White
LunarScorpio
Loki
Kail DeWraith
Inerio
Gunneh
Kathryn Lacey
Kaito
Fluff
Squall Reyes
Hello Danger
48 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Favorite Quotes! - Page 6 Empty Re: Favorite Quotes!

Post by Hello Danger Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:42 pm

"Mo money mo problems"
-- Notorious B.I.G.
Hello Danger
Hello Danger
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:19 am

"Got to have a subplot
When I sell them my life story
Maybe I should write it first
And do the living later
'cause life is so much cleaner on the page" - Extert from On the Page by Chroma Key, text written by Kevin Moore.
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Danger Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:20 pm

[to a group of newborn babies] "I used to be like you. A long time ago. All brand new and perfect. No mistakes, no regrets. People look at you and think of how wonderful your future will be. They want you to be something special, like a doctor, or a lawyer. I hate to tell you this, but if you grow up here, you're more likely to wind up selling your bodies on the streets, or shooting dope from dirty needles in a bus stop. And if you're successful, you'll make money selling junk to crackheads. And don't think twice about killing someone's wife, because you won't even know it's wrong in the first place. Maybe... you'll end up like me. A hobo with a shotgun."

- Hobo, from Hobo with a Shotgun
Hello Danger
Hello Danger
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun May 01, 2011 3:00 pm

"I cannot defend what I do not believe, and I will not raise my hand. Just because you can turn fear into hate, it don't make you a man. Oh, power does not make you holy, nor does anger make you right. It's a shame on the nightmare you're holding. I'll have nothing to do with your fight." -Mt Egypt
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Undisputed Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:45 pm

"Pain fades, chicks dig scars, and Glory lasts forever"

-Unknown

"By all means, marry. If you find a good wife, you will be happy. If you find a bad one, you'll become a philosopher."

-Socrates

"Amare et sapere vix deo conceditur" Even a god finds it hard to love and be wise at the same time

-Unknown
Undisputed
Undisputed
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:23 pm

"Avoid problems, and you'll never be the one who overcame them."

-Richard Bach
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:20 pm

Undisputed wrote:"Amare et sapere vix deo conceditur" Even a god finds it hard to love and be wise at the same time
-Unknown

The Ghost Writer wrote:"Avoid problems, and you'll never be the one who overcame them."

-Richard Bach

Thumbs Up "Like"

"A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities." — J.R.R. Tolkien
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Saint Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:26 pm

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Socrates
Crimson Saint
Crimson Saint
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:54 pm

"A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities." — J.R.R. Tolkien
Forgot about that one. Good quote, Ryona!
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:56 pm

I went to see The Fellowship of the Ring extended edition in theaters yesterday, and the movie began with a special message from Peter Jackson and then a black screen with this quote on it. It really hit home Wink
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:45 pm

“A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.”

- Oscar Wilde
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:59 pm

"The secret of getting ahead is getting started." - Sue Parton
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:05 pm

*sigh* So true. Now I feel all guilty. Razz
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:24 pm

Don't feel guilty, feel inspired!

Here's one for anyone who loves their dad, my dad, or han solo:

"From wrestling induced seizures to risking my life in a wild car chase, it seems like my dad is always there getting me into trouble. On the flip side, when there is an emergency, he and I are always the ones there to pick up the pieces. The point? If I met him in a bar on tatooine I'd probably be flying away on the millenium falcon with the empire on my heels, but yea, he also would totally be the one to cut open a tauntaun and shove me inside." - Ryona Noel
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumeus Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:37 am

"Always leave 'em wantin' more, kiddo. That's the rule. Anyway, I've got no more to tell. Applause, applause. I got a sea breeze that's gonna up and leave with someone else if I don't get to her soon. So you kids be good and go home. Hug your families while you can. And stay away from the magic. Trust me." -Lorne (Andy Hallett 1975 – 2009)
Lumeus
Lumeus
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall Reyes Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:26 pm

Favorite Quotes! - Page 6 JJREZ
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:06 pm

"…Growing up is all about getting hurt. And then getting over it. You hurt. You recover. You move on. Odds are pretty good you are just going to get hurt again. But each time, you learn something.

Each time, you come out of it a little stronger, and at some point you realize that there are more flavors of pain than coffee. There's the little empty pain of leaving something behind - graduating, taking the next step forward, walking out of the something familiar and safe into the unknown. There's the big, whirling pain of life upending all of your plans and expectations. There's the sharp little pains of failure, and the more obscure aches of successes that didn't give you what you thought they would. There are the vicious, stabbing pains of hopes being torn up. The sweet little pains of finding others, giving them your love, and taking joy in their life as they grow and learn. There's the steady pain of empathy that you shrug off so you can stand beside a wounded friend and help them bear their burdens.

And if you're very, very lucky, there are a few blazing hot pains you feel when you realize you are standing in a moment of utter perfection, an instant of triumph, or happiness, or mirth which at the same time cannot possibly last – and yet will remain with you for life…Pain is a part of life. Sometimes it’s a big part, and sometimes it isn’t, but either way, it’s part of the big puzzle, the deep music, the great game. Pain does two things: It teaches you, tells you that you’re alive. Then it passes away and leaves you changed. It leaves you wiser, sometimes. Sometimes it leaves you stronger. Either way, pain leaves its mark, and everything important that will ever happen to you in life is going to involve it in one degree or another."

Harry Dresden, Fictional character in White Night, Jim Butcher
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:40 am

Blood did interesting, artistic things in weightlessness.

Single sentence paragraph from The Prefect by Alastair Reynolds. There are several qoutes I've found and loved so far but... I forgot where to find them... <.<
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:49 am

Lumeus wrote:"Always leave 'em wantin' more, kiddo. That's the rule. Anyway, I've got no more to tell. Applause, applause. I got a sea breeze that's gonna up and leave with someone else if I don't get to her soon. So you kids be good and go home. Hug your families while you can. And stay away from the magic. Trust me." -Lorne (Andy Hallett 1975 – 2009)

I love the quote. Lorne was always great for saying something special. Andy Hallett will be missed.
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:46 pm

Even in literature and art, no man who bothers about originality will ever be original: whereas if you simply try to tell the truth (without caring twopence how often it has been told before) you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed it.

-C. S. Lewis
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:55 pm

"I don't get into trouble. I have adventures!" ~Jenna

Black Elf
My own novel in the works
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:39 pm

Insofar as I may be heard by anything, which may or may not care what I say, I ask, if it matters, that you be forgiven for anything you may have done or failed to do which requires forgiveness. Conversely, if not forgiveness but something else may be required to ensure any possible benefit for which you may be eligible after the destruction of your body, I ask that this, whatever it may be, be granted or withheld, as the case may be, in such a manner as to insure your receiving said benefit. I ask this in my capacity as your elected intermediary between yourself and that which may not be yourself, but which may have an interest in the matter of your receiving as much as it is possible for you to receive of this thing, and which may in some way be influenced by this ceremony. Amen.

-The Agnostic's Prayer, uttered by Madrak, a character from Roger Zelazny's Creatures of Light and Darkness.
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eugenides Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:28 pm

"A country where the virtuous govern the wicked, will suffer from disorder, so that it will be dismembered; but a country where the wicked govern the virtuous, will be orderly, so that it will become strong."

The Book of Lord Shang. Chapter: "Elimination of Strength"

Eugenides
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by MidsummerMermaid Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:59 am

" The sporting editors had also given me $300 in cash, most of which was already spent on extremely dangerous drugs. The trunk of the car looked like a mobile police narcotics lab. We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers and also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls. Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious drug-collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.
The only thing that really worried me was the ether. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. And I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon."- Hunter S. Thompson
MidsummerMermaid
MidsummerMermaid
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatClemens Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:00 am

"Some value of life, when you can be killed for killing one man, and commended for killing another. Oh wait, that's because some people are assholes, never mind."

MadHatClemens
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamless Days Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:49 am

"Nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you're a hit man or a video gamer." - Jack Thompson

Don't get me wrong, I hate the guy with a white hot rage, but that's gotta be one of the more humorous things he's said. I think I want to make it a bumper sticker, along with a little note saying "PS, I'm a Gamer.". XD
Dreamless Days
Dreamless Days
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:29 pm

"Pink Floyd transcends space and time." - a comment on one of Pink Floyd's videos on YouTube. Can't remember who said it, but I liked it Wink

"I’ve begun my voyage in a paper boat without a bottom; I will fly to the moon in it." - I have not been able to find the author of this, but supposedly the piece that it is a part of was a part of story dialogue for a mod for a game (I can't remember which one). The hunt for me to find this was quite interesting in itself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternal Phoenix Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:19 pm

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. — Edmund Burke

Speak the truth, even if your voice shakes.
-Unknown (to me)

Monsters are real. Ghosts are real too. They live inside us and sometimes, they win.
-Stephen King

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is that quiet voice at the end of the day that say "I will try again tomorrow."
-Mary Anne Radmacher

Smiling Mountain - "A term for the 'High Path," or perhaps the way of restraint and harmony. Many aspire to it, but few achieve it. It is a path of resisting tyranny. Of course the source of that tyranny varies. It is just as dangerous coming from without as within."

PC - "Give me examples."

Smiling Mountaint - "Tyranny from external sources is easy to find and fight. Defending those who cannot defend themselves is a reasonable example. But when your abilities are so much greater than those around you, there is the temptation to set everything right by might alone. That is tyranny from within."

PC - "Sometimes conflict cannot be avoided."

Smiling Mountain - "True, but that can become a convenient excuse. Eventually, you may decide that even direct violence is too inefficient for someone of your strength. It is a small leap from there to enforcing your will so that the crime never takes place. Suddenly, you are the oppressor, when all you wanted to do was make things right."

Smiling Mountain - "This Way of the Open Palm is not without its hidden dangers, despite the best of intentions."

My personal favorites.
Eternal Phoenix
Eternal Phoenix
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:24 pm

In response to the last quote, I gotta say - Jade Empire was such an epic game. Too bad BioWare never took the setting further Sad
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:16 am

"And all I can do is read a book to stay awake
And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape" - No Rain by Blind Melon

The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next