FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People Smell, or: The Fragrance Products Thread.

+3
Gadreille
Dreamless Days
Nihilisil
7 posters

Go down

People Smell, or: The Fragrance Products Thread. Empty People Smell, or: The Fragrance Products Thread.

Post by Nihilisil Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:12 pm

Sweat happens. As do hormones. As do... well, you get the picture. Crap gets on yo' skin and you end up stinking if you don't do something about it. Naturally, bathing is the primary reducer of human stank, but don'tcha wanna catch that shiz ahead of time, stop it in its tracks? Of course you do. Or at least most of you do, I know a hippy or two who prefers a good rank aroma.

So the question is, what product do you use to blindside body odor to the curb? I've developed a fondness for Old Spice products over the years myself. I tend to use both the stick deoderant and a body spray, usually aiming for their "original" scent rather than all the weird "what the hell is After Hours even supposed to smell like" stuff that is selling of late, but when it comes down to it most of them are really rather pleasant to me. I've never been a fan of strong colognes and whatnot, to me they usually end up enforcing rather than containing body odor.
Nihilisil
Nihilisil
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

People Smell, or: The Fragrance Products Thread. Empty Re: People Smell, or: The Fragrance Products Thread.

Post by Dreamless Days Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:47 am

I used to use Lynx (I think it's called Axe overseas) deodorant all the time, spray on cans only. But due to a skin condition that only arose in the last two years (damn stress inducing high school exams causing skin conditions *shakes fist angrily*), I am forced to use a special deodorant that has no scent.

When it comes to cologne though, I am unsure on the brand name of the one I use (It's in a limited edition car shaped bottle without a name). I only wear it when I am going out somewhere special or am meeting a girl however. Other than that, I'm partial to the Boss brand.
Dreamless Days
Dreamless Days
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

People Smell, or: The Fragrance Products Thread. Empty Re: People Smell, or: The Fragrance Products Thread.

Post by Gadreille Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:13 pm

I have to use unscented products for deoderant (currently using Dove sensitive skin, works rather well) and then I'll use a lotion and a body spray or perfume. I have a cocoa butter/hibiscus lotion which smells really nice.

I like to mix it up by using different sprays or perfumes. Body sprays are lighter and better for daily routine, while perfumes are stronger and more for "going out" in my mind. My favorite body sprays are Avon's Naturals Manderin&Jasmine, Bath & Body Works' Twilight Woods, or Victoria's Secret My Desire. For perfumes I tend to choose between Avon's Imari Seduction, Vera Wang's Princess and Este Lauder's Pleasure's Delight.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Talas Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:25 am

I only use stick deoderants. I used to purchase one of the Axe sticks-- I cant remember the name, it was blue on the label-- that my ex-girlfriend liked. However, given that I used to swim competitively, I have never really worried about what I normally smelled like. I knew. And the scent was chlorine/bromine whenever I got hot enough to sweat, which overpowers most all subtle scents. I don't like the stronger ones either, not that I can really smell them anymore either.

However, I have been told that I have a unique and not unpleasant scent when I don't wear deoderant, and have not done the equivalent of a boxing match. Then I even reek to the oder-tolerant such as myself.
Talas
Talas
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:23 am

Lol @ this thread.

If you buy prescription strength deodorant (which just can be found in the deodorant isle), it has 20% of the whatever-it-is that they use to stop underarm odors, as opposed to 13-14% in most regular deodorants, so that can have an effect. I'm not sure why they just don't make all deodorants with that much strength anyway. I don't sweat a lot, but I just want to prevent myself from sweating at all lol, so I buy that kind of deodorant now, ever since Axiom recently introduced me to it. They make all kinds of prescription strength ones of varying prices, but there's a cheap one that we get that's the same thing and is called Mitchum Advanced Control.

Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:21 am

Whoa, whoa, what?
Don't stop yourself from sweating! Shocked
Sweat's not just for regulating temperature. It removes toxins from your body! If you plug that up under your arms, especially, you're trapping all that right where some major concentrations of lymph nodes (read "immune system") are located.

If you're healthy, your sweat isn't smelly. Just wear fresh clothing and wash if you need to.

Personally I do use generic deodorant, but I don't go looking for extra-effective or stuff that's super strong with lots of chemicals for scent. There's some danger of neuro-toxin, too, you know. Have you ever felt dizzy when someone with too much perfume passes you? Razz

Also keep in mind the way our skin absorbs basically everything that's applied to it. To some degree, all those chemicals are going straight into your bloodstream. Normally you won't notice an effect, but through continued use you could be poisoning your body on some level. I'm not saying go out and be paranoid about all your deodorant--the human body is made of sterner stuff than that, or we'd all be dropping like flies--but it might be important to watch what kind of stuff and how much you're exposing your bloodstream to. Nod
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:39 pm

Kalon Ordona II wrote: It removes toxins from your body! If you plug that up under your arms, especially, you're trapping all that right where some major concentrations of lymph nodes (read "immune system") are located.

There's some danger of neuro-toxin, too, you know.

It makes sense now why I could not stand deoderant while pregnant. I had to just use rubbing alcohol. Even now I only use the "sensitive" brand. And my perfumes/body sprays I spray on my clothes rather than my skin Smile
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:53 pm

I don't wear perfume, and I use Degree UltraClear in Pure Clean with TriClear. All I know is that my deodorant works, and it doesn't show up on my clothing. I only apply it once a day soon after my skin has dried from the shower.

I don't wear perfumes because I tend to be allergic to most of them, and some scents give me headaches. Plus, it would usually take a pretty hefty migraine and about an hour of searching to find a scent that I liked that also smelled good on me. You can understand how relieved I was when I found out my love doesn't like perfume, that he believes people should smell like people. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down