FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So, are you the people I've been looking for?

+5
Digital Muse
Jag
Gadreille
Tartra
That's Great Bob
9 posters

Go down

So, are you the people I've been looking for? Empty So, are you the people I've been looking for?

Post by That's Great Bob Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:12 pm

So, it may be just my opinion and I could be alone, but it seems to me that the art of writing online is declining in quality. I've searched high and low and have migrated from multiple sites like some kind of role playing hobo. My travels have brought me here and I'm in hopes that I won't be let down. But, I should start with a little about myself, so you may get to know me and what I expect or hope to find here.

I consider myself a perfectionist and I hate to produce low quality writing. I am by no means a professional and I know this. I want to improve my skill by role playing with people that will challenge me to produce quality posts and help me on my literary journey to authordom (I'm aware that's not a word). Someday I wish to finally complete one of the many books I've started; that is one of my most troublesome flaws, I have a hard time completing things I start. Writer's block is something that has gone from "Writer's Block" to "Writer's Great Wall Of China" for me, and my ideas are the invading horde. Sadly, they get to the wall, try to break it down, then die in disappointment and pain as the evil Chinese people in my mind pour boiling oil on them.

I have a twisted sense of humor and I rarely come off serious. I've been desensitized to most things thanks to the internet and places like 4chan, so I can take criticism and I love to argue and debate. I may be a /b/tard but I am intelligent and literate (though I do have trouble with punctuation at times); I'm not here to troll you folks.

I like fantasy role plays the most, but I'm open to most genres so long as it isn't a high school role play or something of similar caliber (Yaoi, Fur, Smut, etc). My posts are generally between 500 to 1,000 words in length.

Please, if you have any questions or anything I should know that you wish to inform me of, do so.

Bob.
That's Great Bob
That's Great Bob
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

So, are you the people I've been looking for? Empty Re: So, are you the people I've been looking for?

Post by Tartra Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:18 pm

I, for one, would like to inform you of rules one and two.

Other than that, welcome to FoG.
Tartra
Tartra
Apparition
Apparition

Female

http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2851668/1/The_Other_Kind_of_Roomma

Back to top Go down

So, are you the people I've been looking for? Empty Re: So, are you the people I've been looking for?

Post by That's Great Bob Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:30 pm

Thanks. I hope you're referring to:
"1. Do not talk about /b/"
and
"2. Do NOT talk about /b/ "

If not... I suppose it'd be this boards rules "Be respectful and civil." and "Don't flame or bash."

Shouldn't have a problem with either set of rules.
That's Great Bob
That's Great Bob
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tartra Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:32 pm

There's been some debate about whether or not it applies outside of raids, but you seem to be fairly on the level. Smile I think you'll be great with either pair (but yes, I meant the first two).

You're in a good place for fantasy role plays as well, so enjoy yourself.

Last edited by Tartra on Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tartra
Tartra
Apparition
Apparition

Female

http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2851668/1/The_Other_Kind_of_Roomma

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:37 pm

Welcome to Fog, Bob. Our community has been a bit slow, but when we create, I think you'll find we are who you hope we are. I hope to see your work IC! If you have any questions feel free to contact me.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by That's Great Bob Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:15 pm

I might be able to recruit a few other skilled role player friends of mine looking for a new home, that might boost the activity here. I'll get up some sample posts eventually to see if you'd want more members of my caliber. Several people I know are far better than me, so I'm sure they would fit in well.

Thanks for the welcome.

That's Great Bob
That's Great Bob
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jag Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:44 pm

That's great Bob.
Jag
Jag
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:47 pm

If you've been searching for solid, literate and talented writers who will challenge, entertain and help you improve, this is definitely your new home!

I have loved every minute here and am grateful for the improvement I've seen in my own writing over the last few years here.

Welcome and I look forward to seeing you on the boards soon.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by That's Great Bob Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:51 pm

Thanks for the welcome, Digital Muse. It does look promising.
That's Great Bob
That's Great Bob
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Knifey Keith Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:01 am

That's Great Bob wrote:Writer's block is something that has gone from "Writer's Block" to "Writer's Great Wall Of China" for me, and my ideas are the invading horde. Sadly, they get to the wall, try to break it down, then die in disappointment and pain as the evil Chinese people in my mind pour boiling oil on them.

Yea I have a similar problem with the Chinese, always trying to tell me that I can't sell Meth Amphetamine in their country and it's "Illegal". But I got em back… Turns out they're allergic to car bombs.

Knifey Keith
Knifey Keith
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:49 am

That's great, Bob! Welcome to the FOG! cheers

The answer to your question?

Yes. Coolio -es, -es, -es, -es....

It sounds like I really should be saying, Welcome home. Thumbs Up
That was my thought when I first joined. This is The Place. These are The People.
You, O Bob, have Arrived. Cool

From what you've said about yourself, it seems to me that we have quite a bit in common. ^_^ From love of fantasy to a tendency to start much and finish little to fun with deathmatch debate--I mean, that is, deep discussion. We'll have to compare notes. Twisted Evil

Looking forward to seeing some of your writing!
If you have any more questions as you're starting out, do feel free to ask. We're pretty on the ball and enthusiastic about answers here. Wink

Welcome again, and enjoy the swirly mists! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:03 am

Welcome, welcome, WELCOME to FoG, Bob! I couldn't put it more eloquently than Kalon. Yes, I do hope we are the people you've been seeking. Many of our members consider FoG their role-playing home on the internet, and we've got a wonderful, close-knit community of talented writers. By all means, send more friends our way. You seem like a wonderful writer based on your intro post alone, so I have no doubt that you and your friends would be wonderful assets to FoG.

I'm Silvan, one of the global mods, so please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions. Enjoy your stay, and I look forward to seeing your work IC!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:09 pm

Welcome to FOG, Bob. Like Kalon and Silvan said you have come to the perfect place if you are look for well written role-playing.

My name is Marc and I am one of the Admins here at FOG, so if you need any help or have any questions feel free to contact myself or any of the other staff and we will be glad to assist you.

Enjoy your stay!
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by That's Great Bob Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:54 pm

Well, I've invited one that you've all met so far, Jag. His writing ability surpasses mine by leaps and bounds.

Thanks for the welcome everyone, you all seem very nice and I have high hopes that this is my new home.
That's Great Bob
That's Great Bob
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:38 am

Aaaaah! Your Miguel avatar made my day! xDD
I can quote the entire movie. *cough* No reason, really. ^_^

Always gets me, the part where Miguel's glaring at the guy and playing dramatic music on the lute by way of reply. Who thinks of that? xD

Such mediocrity... let your sword do the talking!
I will! it will be loquacious to a fault! Ha!
Ha! Take that!
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by That's Great Bob Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:30 pm

It's been awhile since I've seen the movie lol. I do like it though. I'll probably change my avatar a lot until I finally settle on one I really like.
That's Great Bob
That's Great Bob
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down