FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sin OOC ~ An Ether-Dagger Combo

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sin OOC ~ An Ether-Dagger Combo Empty Sin OOC ~ An Ether-Dagger Combo

Post by Ethereal Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:35 pm

Moved..

Last edited by Ethereal on Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Sin OOC ~ An Ether-Dagger Combo Empty Re: Sin OOC ~ An Ether-Dagger Combo

Post by Ethereal Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:36 pm

Oookay, what do we need? I'm fresh out of ideas for Setting, since I usually play my RPs in fictional worlds. Very Happy
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:21 am

Well, do we want reality, or well amgical realisty really, or a fantasy setting? For me it doesn't really matter, it works in both.

I was also thinking, did we start almost right after the "death" of the god of sin or later? Letting him have some time recuperate?

I had this idea of maybe playing a woman that had been swayed by Sin, but had gone over to the Pure. So she had forever cast Sin aside, but it still effected her more than most Pristine Knights. If that works with the world you/we're creating.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:42 pm

Hmmm... a former Sinner absolved by one of the Pristine Knights maybe? That sounds really interesting for a character idea. It will certainly add more depth having such a woman like her.

OK, fantasy-reality world it is. Earth but not quite earth, places we know of in reality don't exist but instead, replaced by floating masses of land only accessible via aerial transport.

And yes, we start after the god of Sin's death. A time of peace where everything goes wrong slowly. Razz
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:21 pm

I was thinking something along those lines. While Sin is absolved it still calls to her when it's particularly strong, maybe because she is always in such close contact with it.

Okay, that sounds kinda cool. Islands in the sky (isn't that a song or so?). So what "country" are we starting in? And is it our time period kinda? More in the future? Or is it more steampunk? (I've only read one steampunk novel so I don't know too much about it.)

Beside absolving Sin will the Pristine Knights have more "magical" abilities and such?

I don't know if you've seen this, but I'll be going away tomorrow until Saturday or Sunday. But if you can get us so far that I can start thinking more deeply into my character I promise that I'll have more thought out until then. Smile Because I can load the page and read it where I will be going, but there I won't have internet. Basically if I know more of the setting (technology and very loosely culture) I'll be able to imagine more of her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:24 pm

Alright, let's start with the basics.

Floating Islands - Maybe four of them. Don't worry too much about this as I will name them while we play.

Time Period - Yep, more in the future. This will be a semi-futuristic setting.

Pristine Knight Abilities - Yeah, you can't fight ravenous Pure Sinners with just the power to absolve Sin. Of course they won't be going down without a fight. Razz Pristine Knights are armed with Holy Weapons (let your imagination run wild - e.g. Holy Storm Bolt of Mega Awesome Proportions) Magic if you want to call it that but no other attribute aside from Holy. Wink
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:46 pm

Soundly it got me thinking about all the awesome weapons in the movie The Gamers 2. Unnatural axe, heh.

Anyway, I think I'd be able to write a character sheet if I get a little information about a culture that I could build on and what parts you like to use in a sheet. I probably won't get to writing it until Wednesday afternoon/evening though, because tomorrow I have studying for a test to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:16 am

Culture huh? OK I'll try piecing together all the bits of info I have for this RP and have them up later on.

Probably my CS as well. Razz
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:37 am

Sounds like a good plan. As soon as I get a good starting point, beside the initial idea (the sinner gone totally good), I can't be stopped. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:28 am

moved

Last edited by Ethereal on Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:00 am

moved

Last edited by Ethereal on Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:03 pm

moved

Last edited by Ethereal on Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:09 pm

moved

Last edited by Ethereal on Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:26 pm

moved

Last edited by Ethereal on Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:39 pm

Sin OOC ~ An Ether-Dagger Combo 1152213980612bh1-1

Name: Seacilia Beowood
Nickname: Sea
Affiliation: The Immaculate
Role: Pristine Knight

Pristine Knight Prowess Report

Power:
IIIIIIIIII
Speed:
IIIIIIIIII
Cunning:
IIIIIIIIII
Magic:
IIIIIIIIII

Weapon(s):
Judgment - A Pristine Knight's standard weapon.
Faith - A cross necklace forged from holy steel. Amplifies the Pristine Knight's holy magic.
Calm - A bracelet made by holy steel to hold the Patience spell. Needs to be invoked by a command. It's an ordinary band with a mirror embedded. The mirror is one and a half inch in length and it's shaped into an oval. When on her wrist it covers the top of her wrist. "Temper - Smooth as a mirror"

Standard Pristine Knight Magic(s):
Absolve - The ability to forgive Sin and erase its stain on a person or Sinner.
Healing - Cure light wounds.
Banish - A bolt of pure holy energy.
Prayer - Grants protection from Sin for a short amount of time.

Advanced Magic(s):
Patience - A spell that calms down someone that's very angry. It soothes by calling to mind things that make the person calm.
Spring Time - An aura spell that have to be channeled. It is like the Patience spell only it affects an area around the caster. It makes people calmer and happier.
Barrier - A ball of holy energy surrounds the target, either to protect or to immobilize depending on who's inside.
Wrath - A beam of holy energy. Mostly a more powerful version of Banish.

Background
Seacilia was born on Palaugrim. Her parents struggled every day to make ends meet, and during Sea's childhood she was often hungry. When she started to get into her teenage years, it was evident that she would be unusually pretty, and her "career" was decided. She became a prostitute. She worked hard and soon she was working for the finest brothel on Palaugrim. It was a place where all the rich from Lindela visited when they wanted some fun. Seacilia was very vain and went to the pristine knights regularly to get absolved; she didn't want to turn into a monster. She didn't really have much choice when it came to her proffession though, and it was full of sin.

A certain man, Frican, came almost everyday. He was a flatterer, a charmer, and he knew he would soon turn into a Sinner. Frican corrupted Seacilia, made her more sinful. She was in love with him and he asked her to no longer visit the knights. He managed to convince her. Slowly, he charmed her into a more sinful life. When Frican knew he'd start to change in a matter of days, he convinced her to go on a trip with him. They arrived on Tethel shortly after. Frican continued showering her with charm and even got her pregnant. That's when everything started to change.

Frican was starting his tranformation into a Sinner and Seacilia realized she was with child. She was happy, but when Frican heard, he got furious and his transformation went faster due to his wrath. Seacilia was drugged one night and the next time she woke up she was no longer pregnant. The Pure Sinners knew that mothers were too protective of their children; they couldn't allow her to give birth. Instead they managed to alienate Sea further. From that moment on she made war against them, but not openly. Tether was like a prison and Sea knew that she would never be let off the island if the Pure Sinners weren't sure of her alliance. So she did what they wanted. She sinned, and sinned. She pretended that she worked for them. Slowly she transformed into a Sinner and still she knew it wasn't enough. Her feelings of vengeance and wrath ate at her, forcing her sin rate higher and higher. Seacilia could feel her humanity slipping away, so she started carrying a mirror around to remind herself that once upon a time she was pretty and she was normal.

When she knew that the transformation to the next step - Pure Sinner - was too close, she managed to convince the leaders that she was ready to go back and turn more people to the god of Sin. The preparation and the trip almost took too long. As soon as she was back on Palaugrim, she slipped away from the other sinners and went to the church where the pristine knights that had absolved her in the past lived and worked. Seacilia was attacked when she got there, but when she didn't fight back they stopped. She sighed, if they had continued for but one second more she would have lost control. It was so hard to keep her temper in check.

The pristine knights absolved her and nursed her back to health since the transformation back wasn't pretty. She promptly joined the pristine knights and showed a remarkable talent for magic, but she was still weak from her transformation back to human. Due to all her information about the inner circle and her knowledge of the places, she was paired with Guilford and together they managed to destroy the god of Sin, or at least they thought they did.

Last edited by Miss Dagger on Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:12 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:11 pm

Answers:

Even Pristine Knights struggle with Sin. Yes they are not immune but the teachings they believe and follow keep them well protected from being tainted. Right, one more thing, Pristine Knights who have sinned cannot absolve themselves from it. It needs to be done by another Pristine Knight.

Yes, Faith and Judgment are standard issue weapons for Pristine Knights. But there are some who learned how to forge their own Blessed Weapons, so be creative! Wink Judgment is just your plain old holy enchanted sword. It has one interesting attribute though, it amplifies the power of Pristine Knights to Absolve Sin.

Yes, Standard Magics are taught to all who become Pristine Knights.

Advanced Magics are learned by the Pristine Knights themselves, these magics vary from Knight to Knight. Yes, one can know more if they truly devoted themselves to studying the advanced holy magics.
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:37 pm

Another question: Power does that stand for physical power only? And Magic so magic power? Just want to be clear on that.

I'm making my char more focused on magic, and I'm still figuring out her past, but it's coming together, which is also why I'm asking a lot of question to get it exactly right. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:43 pm

Power stands for Physical Prowess of the character, how strong the character is and how tough.

Magic is basically the strength of spells and their knowledge on the matter. Having high Magic Affinity entitles the character to have more spells than usual. Wink

Speed is as it says.

Cunning affects the character's quick thinking and battle instincts.
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:47 pm

Okay, okay. Good good. I'll have my char finished tomorrow (or today your time?). I'm going to bed soon, I'm getting tired and my best creative work is not done when sleepy. But I have most of it hammered out. Smile So I'll have it up tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:08 pm

No problem. Very Happy Good night!
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:39 pm

Posted my char right after yours, so we have all info in one place! I haven't finished figuring out what advanced magics she should know, but I wanted to get her up, and your opinion of course. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:15 pm

Excellent character! I am most pleased. Very Happy You can think of Advanced Magics that lean more on offense if you want. Since Sea has a 9 rating on Magic, she would be able to pull off casting numerous spells like a Pure Sinner. Wink

Once you're done with all the minor tweaking, I would opt to start the IC. Just let me know when your sheet is finalized.
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:42 pm

I promise to have the spells done tomorrow. If you have any ideas for spells, please shout them out here. Or just write them. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:13 pm

There. Finally. Sorry for the delays. I updated the background text a little, mostly just grammar errors. And the spells. We'd probably have to talk about the exact limits and so. But I'd need to know more about your magic system to do that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:05 pm

The spells are just fine. Wink No need to worry about that. So, what exactly do you need to know more about?
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:02 pm

More about the system of magic. Does it come from within like some additional energy, praying, or with gestures and word commands? Exactly how do they perform it and where does the energy come from?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:19 pm

^ Has been answered via chat. Razz
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:44 pm

I'll just write it out here for reference:

Energy is taken from nature and from themselves.
Spells are spoken and then released via hand gestures.
Objects with spells in them are released via a spoken command, which is different from when one casts the spell.

That's about right, ne?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:36 pm

Yep! 100% correct.
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:42 am

Well, I've posted again. I'm pretty pleased actually, I'm really starting to get into Sea's head.

I'll be gone this weekend if you haven't seen that. From now 'til Sunday. I'll probably post on Monday though, since I'll probably be sleep depraved. I hope that's not too big a problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next