FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SilvanArrow humbly requests an avatar/sig combo

5 posters

Go down

SilvanArrow humbly requests an avatar/sig combo Empty SilvanArrow humbly requests an avatar/sig combo

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:16 pm

Hey everyone!

Okay, so since I don't have Photoshop or any experience making avatars or signatures, I thought I would bring my request before the artistically gifted members of FOG. I was hoping someone could help me out with a new avatar/signature combo.

This is the link for the avatar pic: http://www.drachen-herz.com/white-dragon.jpg

Actually, this is the picture I'm already using for my avatar, but I was hoping maybe someone could crop it so the dragon is bigger. And throw in whatever other artistic touches you like Very Happy

And this is the link for the signature pic: http://noreaster-design.com/annalise/dragons/page1/files/White%20Dragon%202.bmp

Maybe if someone could lighten the background so it doesn't look so dreary, like blue skies or something to that effect, that would be fantastic. For the saying, I would like the top to have "Take flight..." and the bottom to have "...for the infinite horizon."

If these pics don't work, please let me know and I'll find more suitable ones ASAP. Again, I'm pretty new to this whole process of requesting signatures, so please bear with me. Thank you in advance!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

SilvanArrow humbly requests an avatar/sig combo Empty Re: SilvanArrow humbly requests an avatar/sig combo

Post by Gadreille Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:46 pm

I wouldn't mind doing this, if you like my work (basically if you like the style of my avi/sig.)

If you want me to do it, just let me know and I will get started!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

SilvanArrow humbly requests an avatar/sig combo Empty Re: SilvanArrow humbly requests an avatar/sig combo

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:37 pm

I suppose I could also take a stab at it. I don't have photoshop either, but I think I could probably whip up something at least passable. Very Happy
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:14 pm

well...here's what I have.

SilvanArrow humbly requests an avatar/sig combo SArequest

SilvanArrow humbly requests an avatar/sig combo SArequestsig
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:27 pm

@Ryona: Oh my gosh, they look amazing! Thank you so much! Okay, so here's a n00bish question: How do I set the signature? Do I need some sort of code?

EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out. I just uploaded it to Photobucket and linked it from there. I hope that's okay - I made sure to give you credit. Thanks again!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:40 pm

I'm so glad you like it!

Here is the code, just stick it in the signature box:

Code:

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v695/gadreille/SArequestsig.png[/img]

or, if you want it centered:

Code:

[center][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v695/gadreille/SArequestsig.png[/img][/center]

Edit: thats fine, now I can delete it from my photobucket if needed!
Thanks for giving me credit Smile
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:49 pm

Oh, I see Ryona already finished. Well, I've made one, too, so I might as well show it to ya. Smile

It has a different caption, so you might like Ryona's better. I just thought it fit. ^^
They kinda match, now, too. Smile

SilvanArrow humbly requests an avatar/sig combo Silvanavvy2

SilvanArrow humbly requests an avatar/sig combo Silvansig2
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:33 pm

Wow, those look really good too! Only problem is that you spelled my username wrong (SilvanArrow, not Sylvan Arrow). But I really like the saying that you put in the siggy! If I may ask, what program did you use to make these? I think I'll stick with Ryona's set for now, but I'll probably alternate back and forth if I want a change. Thank you so much for making these!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:22 am

*is embarrassed* sorry about the name! Easy to fix, though.

I made them with with Ulead PhotoExpress SE 3.0 (I think that's what it's called)
In combination with good ol' MS Paint. ^_^

Here's the version with the fixed name. Very Happy

SilvanArrow humbly requests an avatar/sig combo Silvanavvy2

SilvanArrow humbly requests an avatar/sig combo Silvansig2

Edit:
I just remembered where I got that line in the sig from! xD
Have you ever played Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance?
It's a subtitled line in the song for the end credits. ^_^
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:51 am

I've never played any of the Fire Emblem games (unless you count the playable Fire Emblem characters in SSBM and SSBB), but I've heard plenty of good things about them. And thanks for fixing the name!

Thanks to both of you for answering my request!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:45 pm

Figured I'd take a swing at it. Two options for the signature, in case you liked one better than the other. If you do choose to use any of these, please remember to save and re-upload them to save my bandwidth usage. Thank you.

SilvanArrow humbly requests an avatar/sig combo FlightIcon
SilvanArrow humbly requests an avatar/sig combo InfiniteHorizon
SilvanArrow humbly requests an avatar/sig combo TakeFlight

P.S. - I realize the text is light in the signature. It was done that way intentionally, because it just didn't mesh well using darker colors. If you want it changed, just say so and I'll willingly adjust that much, even if I personally think it looks horrible. I also darkened (burnt) the dragon in the icon because, again, it didn't look as good with the lighter shade. As before, let me know if you want to see how it looks further into the white end of the spectrum.
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:49 pm

woohoo I'd use his ^_^
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:20 pm

Holy cow, those look amazing, Weiss! I definitely agree with your call on using lighter text colors. I just don't see how the dark font would mesh well with the light colors. Give me a few minutes to save and re-upload them on Photobucket (giving you credit, of course) so you can delete them to save your bandwidth. And...*looks again*...whoa...thanks again!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:25 pm

Eh, actually, you don't need to credit me in the sig-block. If you do, people might start sending requests (though I realize how conceited that statement is). So, if you really want to do me a favor, don't credit me.

Besides, having some boring text saying, "Credit to Weiss," detracts from the overall attractiveness of the sig block. You should add some personal text, if anything.

Oh, and you're welcome, of course. Glad you like them.
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:34 pm

Okay, I'll delete the line below the signature, but I did give you credit on my Photobucket account. I hope that was okay?
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:31 pm

Didn't even realize you could do that on PhotoBucket, but yeah, that's fine. In retrospect, I guess adding text to the sig block with a borderless signature (the dragon, that is) would make it look very misaligned. (Though, that's all the more reason not to have a credit line, also!)

Oh well, it looks pretty good. Thumbs Up
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Crain_S Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:09 am

Throwing my two cents at y'all, those were all awesome. I love the border on Weiss'. Lucky duck, Silvan!
Crain_S
Crain_S
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down