FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The making of a Samurai/Geisha thing ~ A Red & Ether production

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The making of a Samurai/Geisha thing ~ A Red & Ether production Empty The making of a Samurai/Geisha thing ~ A Red & Ether production

Post by Ethereal Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:26 am

Oookay, OOC as you requested. No need to mention what needs to be done here. Razz
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

The making of a Samurai/Geisha thing ~ A Red & Ether production Empty Re: The making of a Samurai/Geisha thing ~ A Red & Ether production

Post by Ethereal Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:26 am

BLOODY AMBITION

The making of a Samurai/Geisha thing ~ A Red & Ether production 35byvz4

FEUDAL JAPAN

The small country had been divided amongst powerful warlords who sought to conquer and unite the land under their rule. Chaos and turmoil thrived in the lands, and peace was ever elusive. Countless men shed their blood fighting for their ideals; some for their own gains, others for the wishes of their masters, and many under the command of their rulers. These men were soldiers, loyal servants of the warlords, the people who would shape the land's future with their own hands...

Kyushu, the small southern land of the country was no exception to the race for supremacy. Countless battles have been fought and many lives had been lost, but one warlord rose to the top, Tanaka Shinbei.

The man was brutal, cunning, ambitious and evil. He would kill those who resisted his rule without mercy and hesitation. His word was the law and the very breath the citizens take was considered to be a gift from him. However, Tanaka Shinbei had his shortcomings. Though he was a symbol of great power and fear, he was still just a man, vulnerable to temptation and worldly pleasure. He had a fondness for geishas, which was thought to be his sole weakness by his council. In his quest to unite Japan under his rule, two souls are bound by fate to take part in it against their will, or not.

Fukuoka castle, Tanaka Shinbei's fortress and sanctuary. This is where our story begins...

Last edited by Ethereal on Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:03 am; edited 3 times in total
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

The making of a Samurai/Geisha thing ~ A Red & Ether production Empty Re: The making of a Samurai/Geisha thing ~ A Red & Ether production

Post by thecolorisred Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:53 am

I lulz at the cover - tis nice.

anyhoo, so we agree with the evil lord, samurai 1 and geisha 1.

samurai 1 is with the evil lord as is geisha 1 in the beginning. then you said samurai 1 rebels against said evil lord and decides to take geisha 1 with him, just for kicks, since women at that time are like property anyway, so... geisha=property.

now what I don't get is what will happen after. i dont want the geisha to automatically go.. ho mai, i love you samurai 1 straight away. XD
thecolorisred
thecolorisred
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:30 am

How about we give geisha 1 an ulterior motive? What if geisha 1 really wants to usurp evil lord's reign over the land? (if evil lord does succeed)

An ambitious geisha! xD That's worth killing. Laughing

However, since Samurai 1 takes her away, for kicks as you said, geisha 1 finds herself dragged away from her desire but has no choice but to let things play out for the time being?

What do you think?
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by thecolorisred Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:19 am

I'll go with that - then later on we can see if the geisha's attitude will change, develop feelings for the samurai or whatever.

ahahahaha - hurray for an ambitious geisha! c:

Alright. I think we just need the character sheet to start working. XD
thecolorisred
thecolorisred
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:32 am

Well, I still have to summarize the plot and add a few details for the setting. I'll try to work on a character sheet along the way.

Probably think of Chapter Names as well. Wink
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:34 am

Oh right! Almost, almost forgot! RP TITLE!! Razz

What shall we name this baby?
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by thecolorisred Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:12 am

Hm.. Dagger's Edge.

*shrug* just came up with it. XD

talks about the risk both of the characters would be experiencing. Razz
thecolorisred
thecolorisred
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:15 am

I bet you saw Miss Dagger's bright yellow name somewhere huh? Very Happy

How about Blood-soaked Ambition?
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by thecolorisred Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:46 pm

Bloody Ambition I think. XD
thecolorisred
thecolorisred
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:49 pm

Alright then, we'll go with "Bloody" Razz

Tomorrow I'll post a sheet and fill the necessary things with details.

We can start the IC once those are done. Wink
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by thecolorisred Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:51 pm

sure Very Happy can't wait.
thecolorisred
thecolorisred
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:12 am

The making of a Samurai/Geisha thing ~ A Red & Ether production 2j2ukbs

Name: Suo Takase
Profession: Samurai
Master: Tanaka Shinbei

Personality: A silent storm. Suo is a level-headed samurai who believes strongly in the way of the sword. Although he keeps his emotions bottled up inside, Suo can prove to be a fearsome opponent when angered. He would kill without question for his master and will question no order that came from the top.

Background: -will edit-
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by thecolorisred Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:56 pm

hooo~ ether, I forgot that geishas are not the same thing as courtesans!

xD gracious, I had my Japanese culture all botched up. Shame on me - in this case, making my character into a geisha, but was stolen by the evil lord and so became his courtesan. THERE.

tired, putting the link to my character's appearance here: http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs40/f/2009/033/a/a/geisha_by_Emi_Hotaru.jpg

will be making the character sheet tomorrow.
thecolorisred
thecolorisred
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:16 pm

Hurrah! xD I'll just have to wait for your sheet then. Yeah, I was thinking that since Evil Lord Tanaka had a fondness for geishas, he would go about the land looking for them and bringing them to his castle by force. Razz
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by thecolorisred Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:49 am

The making of a Samurai/Geisha thing ~ A Red & Ether production Geisha_by_Emi_Hotaru

Name: Megumi Shiryuko
Profession: Oiran (courtesan)
Lord: Tanaka Shinbei

Personality: Megumi started out as a feisty child; however, upon entering the Geisha community when she was 7, she had learned the "art" of submissiveness and subtlety. Although Megumi still has this feisty temper when she's alone, she hides this with her unfeigned obedience whenever she's with a man. She will never be direct in expressing her anger whenever she's around them, but will definitely harbor grudges. She secretly wants the Japanese patriarchy to cease, and wishes for the matriarchal rule in Japan to resurface again.

Background: As mentioned, Megumi entered the Geisha community when she was 7. Upon entering, she was taught the necessary skills to become an official Geisha, but just before she was about to be officially one - her village was invaded by Lord Tanaka. A lot of her fellow Geisha sisters were captured or murdered by Tanaka's men, to which she feels deeply angered. As Tanaka's men also made her fellow women courtesans, she too was chosen by Lord Tanaka to become one. Although Megumi is disgusted that she has to give up her dignity in order to get closer to her enemy, she accepts and waits for the day Lord Tanaka's reign falls - either by her own hands or someone else's.
thecolorisred
thecolorisred
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:52 am

Excellent! Shall we start this thing now? Who wants the honors of first post? Very Happy
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by thecolorisred Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:54 am

I say you first. XD
thecolorisred
thecolorisred
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:56 am

Well, no complaints there. I'll go whip up our IC thread and try coming up with a decent intro post. Wink Might be up in a while though.
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by thecolorisred Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:21 am

alrighties - no problem with that. Very Happy
thecolorisred
thecolorisred
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:56 am

Bloody Ambition is UP! Laughing
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by thecolorisred Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:20 am

Yep, saw your first post - now I'm thinking how to respond to it. XD
thecolorisred
thecolorisred
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:59 am

You can always start off at lord Tanaka's side, probably reveal a little bit about Megumi while the lord wonders how the hunt for rebels goes along.
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by thecolorisred Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:52 am

hey Ether, saw your next post - I'm presuming the next would be an epic battle with Tanaka? xD
thecolorisred
thecolorisred
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:51 am

Not unless you decide to stroll in the room with Megumi. Very Happy
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by thecolorisred Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:50 am

veeeery good point. but I'll choose to make someone in the room stroll in instead, whilst Megumi goes a-boohooing in the other room. Very Happy
thecolorisred
thecolorisred
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:01 am

ooohhh... interesting! xD Guess I have to think of an alternative action for Suo then... just in case this mystery "stroller" does something funny. Laughing
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by thecolorisred Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:21 pm

gah. I'm fickle-minded, I read your post again and told myself it would be more fitting to be Megumi. So there. xD

Women are fickle. Ohohoho.
thecolorisred
thecolorisred
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethereal Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:22 pm

Laughing Will think of a good response while I read through your work. Razz
Ethereal
Ethereal
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by thecolorisred Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:23 pm

ETHER. I had this BRILLIANT (I hope) idea when I was writing my post - I decided to make Lord Tanaka have a heart. xD

That said, I want to make his image more like those tragic villains who can never get the one they love!! ;3;

So my proposal is....... >.< can I adopt Tanaka as a character? We can both control him (like if he's going to attack Suo or whatever), but character development and stuff would be my responsibility. c: I can make his CS if you want.

;3; *has a thing for evil villains with a lonely heart* :c

so yes. hope you enjoy reading my post @.@
thecolorisred
thecolorisred
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next