FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cunabula Deae: The Rise (Dragons and oceans and Balance, oh my)

Go down

Cunabula Deae: The Rise (Dragons and oceans and Balance, oh my) Empty Cunabula Deae: The Rise (Dragons and oceans and Balance, oh my)

Post by OmegaPancake Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:52 pm

Hello there, FOG! I'm looking to start a fantasy RP, but I can't do so on me onesy, can I? Well, I could, but I can see that going over like a lead balloon, how about you?

So I'd like to take an idea that didn't exactly go over well on another site (they didn't exactly like my idea of a decent length post, I think) and start an RP with it here. It takes place in a world called Cunabula Deae ("the Cradle of the Goddesses"), the basic information for which can be found here. I intend to rewind the timeline, sending dragons back to the ocean and rewinding the clock until humankind is but a baby making its way into dominating the land. The plan would then be to play through the major history of CD in a long-running RP (in three different threads, to keep things organized) up until about the point in time that that world information is actually set for. Said history would follow a very vague plan around these lines.

The Rise - This stage in Cunabula Deae's history is devoted to the transition of dragons from sea to land, and to the subsequent war that followed. Though it will begin in the sea, the starting characters of this thread (the leaders of the migration) will quickly begin to gather their forces and claim the land above. During this period, Land and Sea dragons do not see eye to eye (for obvious reasons), and many of those who remain in the sea take personal affront to those who wish to leave. This thread will span to the end of the war.

The Fall - This thread begins several years after the war, and is devoted to the consequences of the dragons' migration. While physically they have been able to adapt, their Ladies do not believe the dragons are taking properly to the other creatures that live on land. Though the species as a whole survives, by the end of this thread very few (land) dragons will remain--at least as dragons. Many of the dragons who die due to the events of this thread will be encouraged to take up residence in a human vessel, in Cunabula Deae or in one of the other realms of the multiverse. That will be decided when we get that far (I'd like some consistency, though).

The Resurrection - The third and final thread, the Resurrection is the time period in which those dragons who were born as humans (or Sylvans, or cats or mice or--you get it) will be piecing the puzzle together to return home. The race will experience a resurgence, and as the new wave of young dragons grows older, they will begin to try to rebuild. Don't expect, however, that they will have it easy; the other races of the world have nearly forgotten their existence, and know only of the dragons of lore and of their attitude towards human and Sylvan kind--quick to anger, quick to kill. Many groups of Sylvans, and of humans especially, will fight against this resurgence.

I would have gone ahead and posted the OOC if not for two things, which are as folows:

1) I am brand fracking new and so don't know how interested people would be in that sort of thing just yet. I have a few other questions as well, like is it alright ot double post in order to keep information separate? And the like.

2) There is another dragon RP running right now, and rather than the founder of that RP feeling that I've stolen their thunder, I'd like to give them a chance to mention it if it bothers them. After all, I don't want to encroach on anyone's territory.

However, if we can manage it, I'd like to get the OOC started and let applications come in as as possible. CD is my baby, and I'd like to see how other RPers react.

(Also, long interest check is long, I apologize)

Pancake
OmegaPancake
OmegaPancake
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Cunabula Deae: The Rise (Dragons and oceans and Balance, oh my) Empty Re: Cunabula Deae: The Rise (Dragons and oceans and Balance, oh my)

Post by OmegaPancake Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:51 pm

Eek, my apologies, it seems I'm such a ditz that I forget to post links when they're sort of required. To anyone who glanced at the topic and found the information not there, it is there now.
OmegaPancake
OmegaPancake
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down