FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Descent Into Hell OoC

3 posters

Go down

Descent Into Hell OoC Empty Descent Into Hell OoC

Post by Regicidal Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:16 pm

The Descent wrote:Driving down the main road in his hometown in a heavy rain, our main character notices oddities in the blurred, reversed reflections of the streetlights from the pools collecting in lower points on the side of the road. After a mile or so, he turns off into the minuscule parking lot of an abandoned coin laundry and slides out of the little blue sedan after killing the engine. The oddities he had been seeing in the puddles were shapes, moving to and fro on the opposite side of the reflection. As the constant rain soaks his jacket, cold water seeping through to the shoulders of his black t-shirt, he squats at the edge of a puddle and looks into it's reflection. On the opposite side, another face looks up (or was it down for the young man in the reflection?). The reflection's face is a few years younger, with darker hair that looks to hang to his shoulders. Even in the constant ripples of rain, Ethan can clearly see the shading of facial hair along the Reflection's jawline.

However, rather than looking back up, trying to get someone's attention drawn to these amazing images in the puddles, Ethan only stares in awe. And against his better judgment, he leans forward with his hand outstretched toward the Reflection's face. That was when the Reflection smiled, and everything around Ethan went black...

Thus begins Ethan Gusty's journey in what he thinks to be madness...

A world from which the demons and angels thought to be myth and legend watch ours, and until that night, Ethan was the first in two thousand years to reach forward.

I'm thinking about roughly five people, seven at most.

Oh and abandon any hope of meeting God or Satan or any of that crap. This is my little world, and it takes a turn toward Philip Pullman's version of the two. Where those beings are long gone, replaced by corrupt followers fighting for what they think the right thing is.

There is going to be the obvious fight for the control over our world...

But the key to the plot lies in those who have broken through already.

Two character limit.

There are shades of gray between the lines of good and evil....

I'm trying to get away from the classic black and white visions of good and evil, while using the iconic characters of them. Oohh.. so much fun. Do know that there is an Authority on either side, and that the humans who cross over will be indefinitely changed by the fact that they have crossed.

The reflections are limited to natural reflections. Not man-made ones. In other words, a mirror wouldn't work, where as a lake would provide a HUGE doorway into the other world.

As for how the demons and angels are. Most of the visions people in our world have had of demons and angels are true. Angels are fairly uniform creatures, people with wings (however the shades of the wings may range from mottled gray to pure white) and demons are... well demons. They come in many variants, but the most powerful have an all too human form.

Both are trying to gain a solid hold on the human world, but their reasons are.... disturbed when looked farther into. The good are fighting for a conquest that sounds more like a dictatorship, for angel-kind only, while the higher level demons have an agenda of their own.

An uncut piece of quartz would basically be a window.. However in order to pass through the reflection must be in something that you can pass into: Water.

The humans are beacons of a sort, and in essence pick up energies from their world and have the ability to bring them back. Think of them like completely untrained mages with an assload of power that they are clueless to.

The only thing, is that once the Demons and Angels figure this out, it's on. Because they are beings that can physically effect the human world whereas all they can do is whisper and hope that natural human willpower will carry out their limited bidding.

Examples of people whispered to? The Pope, Hitler... umm... yeah those are extreme measures who were whispered to by very powerful Demons and Angels.
Regicidal
Regicidal
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Descent Into Hell OoC Empty Re: Descent Into Hell OoC

Post by vitamin_kitten Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:25 pm

Yay, OOC! Very Happy
vitamin_kitten
vitamin_kitten
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Regicidal Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:47 am

I personally, hate character profiles, so I think we're going to go with a written in description that allows you guys to write out your characters as you play. Don't feel obligated to punch out three paragraphs on how your character looks. Just let it flow.
Regicidal
Regicidal
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad Kitty Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:54 pm

I's is going to make a character template, since it provides me with a basic outline of the character. Otherwise I'll end up forgetting what I had in mind, and play with him/her, like a cat with the end of a string. Just like the metaphorical string, my undefined characters tend to see-saw between different characteristics.

Besides, this is the 'Advanced' roleplaying section: I need my feet on rock to build stable castles in the air.
Bad Kitty
Bad Kitty
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Regicidal Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:42 am

That's fine, just the same. Everyone works different ways.

I'll probably get the IC up sometime either tomorrow or Monday. Still not sure on that one.
Regicidal
Regicidal
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down