FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sephiris: The Price of Peace - OOC

+15
Erebus
Blackrock
Kalaam
Digital Muse
Fluesopp
Gadreille
Weiss
Stion Gyas
Stray
Kaitlyn Wild
Reffy
Loki
Alphariusthemad
Zephiris
Kalon Ordona II
19 posters

Page 20 of 33 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26 ... 33  Next

Go down

Sephiris: The Price of Peace - OOC - Page 20 Empty Re: Sephiris: The Price of Peace - OOC

Post by Guest Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:20 pm

Except, if it is an official thing, the church could organize elaborate events at certain times of the year which could also be a sort of fund raiser. It would help ease their loss of money in regards to what goes into the lake.

Back to top Go down

Sephiris: The Price of Peace - OOC - Page 20 Empty Re: Sephiris: The Price of Peace - OOC

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:14 pm

Hm, that's true. xD
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:21 am

I'm working on my post for Ragner now. I think I might also do a treatise on Lake Barocula and the rituals involved with it. It depends on if I have the time...I might just wait until I write on the Sixteen Years' War (when I find time).

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:22 pm

Right. I corrected the days for the Twins. I'd already edited the posts, but had forgotten to update the headings. Now. A post for Katerina and a c/s for Darta, since she may become an integral part of this story rather than a NPC
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:21 am

I finally found it. The Duke of Aram is Duke Nuriam. I had mentioned him in the treatise on the Order of Gedrich.

Also...I have a couple of options to consider concerning Barthon and Co.

1. Wait for Stion to come back to FOG, if he ever does. We're looking at a time table of any time now to never. So far it isn't looking too good, however I would absolutely love to not have to move on without him.

2. Auction off one or two characters to a willing role-player and continue on with the story (like Inen or Jasper).

3. Write up a lengthy "in-between" detailing their journey from where I left off to whenever they meet up with another one of the groups traveling in Sephalia or the dragon lands. Honestly, I thought it would be interesting to have them encounter Kalon's traveling dragons, since they are also without player interaction, and it would make quite an interesting meeting, and maybe cooperative journey? But I have so many ideas...I'm talking about a 15,000 - 20,000 word story segment here. This is the option I least prefer (in terms of this being a role-play and not my own story Smile ) but at the moment it seems the most likely option to get those characters moving with the story again.

Any input would be lovely. I can start trying to recruit some willing players, or I can start writing out the segment on my own. Or I can continue waiting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:05 am

I'd love to see other players join us (even though reading through everything we've done thus far can be daunting).

Personally, I chose to bring Stion's character along in my writing because he was so integral to the Elementalists story. If he returns (I fervently hope) then he can jump in at that point. I don't play much in the way of his character's actions but he is still involved.

Just my two cents.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:54 am

I'm making progress on my post for Ragner.

I'll think I will go with what you said, Digi. I'll just continue posting with Barthon as I can. If Stion comes back, then he can take control again. I may advertise an opening with my characters, just in case someone wants to step in. But, honestly, I'm kind of afraid of doing that. I don't want my wonderful characters ruined by someone who doesn't care about the plotline as much as Stion and I just because I want some interaction...

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:52 pm

I agree. Taking over one of your own NPCs is like handing someone else your kids to raise. It never works the way you hope. Smile

I'd love to see new blodd though. So advertise away for people interested in joining.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:54 pm

I'm so excited! I am starting to work on the Sixteen Years' War, which will, hopefully, turn out to be quite a lengthy story. I don't want to shortchange myself, or anyone else, and it will be done when it is done, even if that is like 10 years away Shocked

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone wanted me to share my progress with the rest of you. What I'm making I would like to have considered canon, as far as this world goes. I don't want it to be disregarded simply because it is my own take on the story. However, I am writing the story, so it will, essentially, be my take. But I would like if it was accepted, enough to actually be a reference to the past that could be used in our role-play, or future role-plays.

At the moment, I am simply trying to hammer out some character sheets for the essential characters. That will give me a feel of the world at the time, and some ideas for more characters. Then I will start figuring out what the layout of the story itself will be. So it will be a while before I have anything solid. But if anyone cares to see it, I would love to post the finished character sheets here (or somewhere, maybe in the writing threads or even in my blog), for review.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:47 pm

Awesome, Silvone. ^^
I should start working on another Sephiris post, myself, since I'm still on DAY 8. Last we saw of Katerina, I think she was just walking into Oliphey, so I think I'm still waiting for her to get to the church. I still have things to post without waiting, though, so it's all good.

In fact, I should finish all the Character Stories soon, so I'll have a better idea where each person is. We don't want to end up with a split timeline, or something. xD I'll put it on my to-do list.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:31 pm

I'd be interested in seeing what you come up with Silvone. I'd love to have more background-enriching fodder for Sephiris, it'll make things far more interesting IMHO.

On another note, sorry for the delay on Mad Kate's post. My hubby has been very ill and is awaiting heart surgery.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:01 am

I'm going to start writing Barin's post some time this week(end), I'm still debating with myself if I should add in a "sidequest" which takes place during the time that they wait for the Twins. Yeah, anyway, I'll start writing soon, just need to finish a few errands in real life first.
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:21 am

Sorry to hear about your husband, Digi. Hopefully everything went/is going well for him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:19 am

Thanks Silvone. We're still waiting on the 'committee' of Doctors to decide what/when/how risky the surgery will be. *sigh* I hate not knowing.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:47 pm

The Third Battle of Highcrest has just been finished (if you can call any of them battles, really). I'm nearly at 5,000 words for this post, but I think I am nearing completion. Just a few more things to wrap up before I post it. I apologize for this taking so long. I lost interest for a couple of weeks, but I think I'm back into it again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:19 am

Looking forward to it! ^^
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:36 am

I have a post mostly done too. Smile
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:01 am

Alright, my super epic post has been posted (6,636 words....)

Just a couple of things I want to clarify:

1. I have named two more towns, as well as a bay. I will need Kalon to update the map once I have proper descriptions of them, but I just want everyone to know these places that I mentioned. Ostley is easy enough (I hope) if you follow Ragner's journey with the map of Mandor. It is the coastal town between Caslemon and Toad Hollow. It is just a small fishing town filled with wooden shacks and mud buildings.
The bay at which this town is located is Eret Bay.
The other place is Iyel'Del, the city at the mouth of the Manora River. I have SO MANY ideas for this city, but they will have to wait for Barthon's plotline. Basically, it is a large harbor city built over the ruins of an ancient city of the same name. This city is merely mentioned in the post as being under the control of Duke Lucius Rand Norwood.

2. I initally wrote the beginning section in Aram, and the last section in Caslemon. I didn't write everything in the middle until just recently, several weeks after I wrote the first two parts. I tried to catch inconsistincies, but I may have missed some. Feel free to point any out.

3. The same goes for how I dealt with the shadow beasts throughout the post. Kalon, I would like you to pay careful attention to that. I would hate for you to read it a couple of pages down the line and say: "Wait! That doesn't work that way!" Very Happy

4. There may also be character inconcistincies between my last Ragner post and this one. If you notice anything drastic, feel free to point it out. But I am still essentially in the process of creating this character, of getting a good feel for him. So some things may change throughout subsequent posts. Explain it as a character flaw with rapidly evolving emotions and thought processes....or something.

Anyway, thanks for being patient with me! Hopefully you all like this post, as well as the character.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:27 am

OMG! OMG! Bow 2

*goes to read it*
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:07 am

You know...if Ragnar wasn't so craven, one might actually feel sorry for him. Lovely post, Silvone.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:24 am

Actually, I find that I like Ragner much more now. I even feel sympathy for him, not everyone can overcome their fear. Really liked how you developed the character, will be very interesting to interact with him.

Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:05 pm

I'm so glad that you both liked it! I tried really hard to make him feel realistic, and have set flaws and characteristics rather than melding to every situation however fits him best. If you guys liked it, it must have turned out ok Very Happy

Looking forward to your next post, Blackrock!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:58 am

*pant* *pant* That's just from LOOKING at that post! Shocked

Blackrock said it best.

OMG! OMG! Bow 2

*goes to read*
*feels his eyes might bleed*
... *ignores the sleepy need*
*feels this might plant a seed*
*for greater-than or equal deed*

...Wow, that's a bit weird.
And yet it is also cool.
I so love poems.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:49 am

I would have just edited, but I wanted to see what time it ended up being, since I really did go straight over and read it. ^^

Proof:
-----------------------------------------
soar muscles --> sore muscles
horses hooves --> horse's hooves
met his end the better --> met his end, the better
It's faint light --> Its faint light
could hardly breath --> could hardly breathe
after the patron's --> after the patrons
Lord sarcastically --> Lord sarcastically
-----------------------------------------

It's beautiful, Silvone! Absolutely beautiful! Clap Clap
It had great narrative, and it all felt so professional! xD There are a lot of things here and there that take it up a notch, like the little nuances of detail or gesture. Thumbs Up

The shadow beasts are good, as long as the smoky wisps Ragner saw were after the sun went down. Smile Good idea with the small creatures. Ragner could have probably stood a chance against them, since they were that small, which is how it's supposed to be. I think I said somewhere that the general guideline is that each person has a 60% chance of survival, all things being equal. Fortitude and defense better the odds. Fear, cowardice, or just plain stupidity greatly increases the likelihood of casualties.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:26 pm

Guys, what I have just posted is either my greatest creation yet, or an abomination that must be burned and forgotten. I had planned two posts for Barin. One detailing his stay in Ashwood, while waiting for the Twins, another for the group of scouts who were looking for them. As time went on, however, I dismissed the possibility of two posts, instead thinking one would suffice. And so I started writing and writing and writing. In fact, I think I've been writing this thing for the last seven days now, every hour on the computer has been spent working on this baby. I use notepad to write my stuff, for some strange reason, so just for the lulz I decided to see how much words the finished product had by copying it into Word. The result left me appalled. It did not have five thousand words, nor ten thousand, nor fifteen thousand, this bad boy has....wait for it...

*drumroll*

Twenty-five fucking thousand words.

In fact, this fucker was so damn huge I couldn't fit it into one post. I couldn't fit it into two posts, either. Three posts for this. Are you startled yet?

Now, truth being told, I don't expect people to read all of it. I'm not too pleased with it, as I feel I rushed things a bit (yes, I wanted it even longer......), but I decided to go ahead and let this thing see the light of day. As I said, it will either be great or a complete failure. Up to you to decide. Strictly speaking, you only need to read the first part (Day 23) and the last one (Day 25), that's what moves the story along. The rest is just a sideplot involving Barin and some good ol' fashioned intrigue. However, I felt the need to write that part, because I didn't find the Captain an interesting enough personality. He was too one-sided for my tastes. He always went about how mercenary work was dirty business, but he never showed it. Due to the nature of the plot, he always came out as an alright guy. Well, this one shows his darker side.

Anyway, if you read, you get a cookie for me. That thing took me almost a day to proof read and add the finishing touches. Now excuse me while I go faint somewhere.

@Kalon I dunno if I've butchered anything, if you persevere in reading it, do let me know if something sounds out of place to you.
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:12 pm

Blackrock...you're my hero. And I haven't even read your post yet.

Edit - I read every wonderful line! A few spelling and wording errors mad e no difference. The whole post gave me a harsh reminder that Barin is not completely noble. I loved it! Well worth the wait!
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:37 am

What am I getting myself into...?
What am I getting myself into...?

*goes to... to... to... l-l-look*

Shocked

You realize you've written a novella, right? Shocked In a week. Shocked

*cough*

I might need some time to read this. pale
Please don't write anything in Sephiris for a while, Blackrock. Laughing

After Digi and I play out the Oliphey (or, Áirhath's & Co. + Katerina & Co.) plot, I plan to skip a few RP days -- probably somewhere between DAY 25 and DAY 30, I'm thinking at the moment -- and start Chapter 2. Very Happy

I'll start working on a reply to Digi's post, which I was lucky to notice sandwiched in there, despite its awesomeness, dwarfed by the Posts of Insanity. xD
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:21 am

Very Happy

Typos and wording you say? Strange, I thought I got most of those out. Will have to re-read it again, no doubt something slipped through. It didn't help that Firefox' spell-checker bugged out on me, apparently the whole thing was too long....

Anyhow, you won't have to worry about Barin, Kalon. I think I'll need to take a break after that Very Happy Although Silvone's awesome post deserves a reply, so I'll get started on Rurik. Should be up some time this week.

And no, I don't plan on doing something like that any time soon, don't worry Razz

Edit: I took out some of those pesky typos, doubt it's everything though. If you guys noticed anything, flag it up for me.
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:43 pm

I haven't read your post yet, Blackrock, but I can tell you put some work into it Very Happy

My own project for this is getting Barthon and Co. caught up time-wise with the rest. They might remain on their own until after Chapter 2 starts though, I'm not sure yet. It will be lengthy though, with everything I have planned for it. But don't expect it anytime soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:22 am

Hey everyone, check out this post in my blog for information on how my post for Barthon and Co. is coming along. Because of the nature of this post (no interaction whatsoever with anyone else) I am going to keep it contained to my blog. However, I like to write about what I'm writing for my sake. It keeps me focused and motivated. Rather than clutter the OOC, I will clutter my blog Very Happy Anyway, keep an eye out there if you are interested in my progress.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 33 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26 ... 33  Next