FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sephiris: The Price of Peace - OOC

+15
Erebus
Blackrock
Kalaam
Digital Muse
Fluesopp
Gadreille
Weiss
Stion Gyas
Stray
Kaitlyn Wild
Reffy
Loki
Alphariusthemad
Zephiris
Kalon Ordona II
19 posters

Page 19 of 33 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 33  Next

Go down

Sephiris: The Price of Peace - OOC - Page 19 Empty Re: Sephiris: The Price of Peace - OOC

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:35 pm

I just want to let you guys know that I am Making Progress On The Post.
I thought I'd have a nice quiet few days off, but friends and family have been dragging me to one outing after another. I've had tons of fun, so don't feel too bad. xD

Actually we went to Seattle, and movies, and a Japanese garden, and a bunch of other stuff, including many a Starbucks (not least the corporate building in Seattle, since one of my sisters works for the company -- and then there was the Very First Starbucks by the Pike Place Market).

So yeah, lots of funstuffs, but little writing. RL can't be all work and no play, I suppose. xD

Nevertheless, progress on the post is being made. I actually do work today, but hopefully the post'll be finished, um, soon.

As a side note, I might have mentioned before that I have the whole RP in chronological order, yes? Well, I've decided to also make documents for each character. So we'll have _______'s Story, ________'s Story, and so on, following each player character. That way people can see each individual journey, and it'll be easy to edit this into something more presentable at some later date. Twisted Evil
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Sephiris: The Price of Peace - OOC - Page 19 Empty Re: Sephiris: The Price of Peace - OOC

Post by Blackrock Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:58 am

Done with Rurik. As always, let me know if anything is amiss. Will start working on amending Barin's thing now, but it should not take long...hopefully.
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:32 pm

Fixed Barin's post as well, everything has been changed apart from the first two paragraphs. It now came out somewhat longer than before, but I think it is more up to par with what I've written before. That's it for now, I guess; I've covered my bases with both Barin and Rurik.

I plan on having another post, somewhat of a side-quest in RPG terms, regarding Barin and the two new recruits. It would take part in the city, but I haven't figured out the details yet. Needless to say, I'll wait for someone else to reply, 'cause I don't want to triple post. Razz
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:15 pm

Even more progress is made! Very Happy Finally! it looks like my fortress of procrastination is crumbling. ^^ Or, I dunno, whatever it was that was holding me back.

I got some more Dragon language for my trouble, too. Dance Maybe that was it; maybe the language was scaring me. Laughing It can be time consuming when the words aren't there yet. xD

So yay! Getting closer to finishing the post. I have work now, but I'll see if I can keep the momentum going. ^^

Edit:
I finally read your latest post, Blackrock. I remain in awe of your writing prowess. Bow 2

Rurik is cool! xD
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:17 am

Yaaaaaay! Finally posted! xD
I got more elvish language, too.

In case anyone's wondering what that song is from, I borrowed it from a PS3 game -- Valkyria Chronicles -- and then translated it into my language. The song is called A Love Passed On.

Here's the original song from the English version of the game. >> Clicky <<
Here's the translation of my version of it. vv Looky vv

You stood, always cheerful,
always quiet, always gentle,
and I, an elf child,
lost and afraid. I remember.

You came
and found me
blinded while
weeping.

These tears are echoes,
that tell about tomorrow.

I wept
with you,
and I heard...

bells ring across the forests,
bringing to you rest,
beloved friend.

And the love
that you bestowed on me
grows and will continue...

through tears, in a song
without end....
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:40 am

I am working on Ragner's character sheet now. I don't know when it will be done though. It is taking a while. I'm learning all kinds of cool stuff about Ragner though!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:42 am

Here is my character sheet. I'm really exhausted at the moment, and I need to go to bed. So I won't go over this with a fine-toothed comb until tomorrow. If anyone spots any errors or anything, please let me know!

Spoiler:

Last edited by Silvone Elestahr on Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:45 pm

Now, I've largely forgotten what Digital_Muse's and my plans were for Katerina and the mercenaries. I think she was about to check the church, or something, and they'd eventually find each other and join groups. *shrug*

Poor Digi has been waiting a while for my post, so hopefully she remembers better than I. Smile

Edit:
Oh dear! I just realized that it's supposed to be raining in the Barocula Lake area on DAY 8! It'll be easy to edit, though, since Digi mentioned it was light and intermittent, and it was around noon at the time in the RP, so maybe I'll just tack it onto the end of my post -- a classic rains-when-you're-sad moment. ^^

Edit Edit:
There we go; that made it a hundred times more touching, and it detailed some things I failed to explain the first time. heart
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:49 pm

Right, we'd planned on them meeting up after she got no answers at the church from Gaddow and I left you a free hand on whether you knew the elf singer with the caravan or not.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:58 am

I was thinking earlier tonight at work that the Elderscrolls IV: Oblivion game engine would make a wonderful place to create the world of Sephiris! I know it is way out of my league, since I don't know the first thing to do with the Oblivion construction set (I can barely make my way around Morrowind's), but I can't help but imagine how awesome this world would look in that game, and how fun the story would be to play Very Happy

Sorry for being off topic...

On topic: I'll be working on the next post for Ragner over the next couple of days.
Also, I saw that you either took down or didn't put up the information for Caslemon, Kalon. Was that an accident or intentional?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:36 pm

I didn't get Caslemon? Shocked
*goes to check*

Ack! you're right!
Fixing. Smile

Fixed! Very Happy
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:46 pm

Awesome! Thanks Smile

Sephchat, anyone?

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:38 pm

Kalon,

You told me to come look at your roleplay to see your languages. It seems like a very interesting world. It's so in-depth. I would love to be part of a roleplay on FOG that isn't a 1x1. I haven't gotten through all the reading yet - there is just so much - but if you still want me, I'd love to take part. It sounds like it's right up my alley. This genre is my usual.

It might take me awhile to read everything. There is just so much.
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:59 pm

I'm sure Kalon would welcome more people to help shape this marvelous world. It's specifically built to allow folks to join in as we go.

Even though all the reading can seem daunting, it's absolutely marvelous and inspiring.

I, for one, welcome you if you decide to join us! Smile
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:06 pm

Thank you very much. Smile

I'm reading through the IC currently and it is daunting. It's gonna take a while to get through, but I don't want to join without knowing what's going on.

But I really do enjoy it. I hope to take part in it if Kalon will have me.
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:33 am

I'm sure Kalon will agree that we would love to have you! There are so many places you could jump in. There are two or three different groups in Sephalia that are about to join up (if they haven't already, I admit I'm behind on my reading). And there are two separate groups currently in Mandor. Kalon also has a group of dragons (again, I'm behind so I don't know where they are currently at).

The storyline surrounding Ragner and Rurik is just starting, so it might be a comfortable place to start out. Or you could always create something fresh Very Happy

Good luck on your reading!

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:50 am

Thanks! Very Happy I'm glad everyone is so keen on my joining. I got through the first page and some odd and some of the OCC. It's soo much. But it doesn't look to me as if this roleplay is going by lightning fast, which isn't bad, so I should have time to catch up on reading everything without a bunch more things to being written in the meantime.
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:57 pm

We may not be fast, but we have enthusiasm and we always strive to post better than we thought we could do. At least I do. Theses guys really inspire me. *grins
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:46 pm

I was reading in the OOC thread that Barocula Lake has no bottom (at least, no diver has ever encountered it). I thought that this would be a greater opportunity to further advance the depth of the story itself.

What if the people of Sephalia use this lake as a sort of...not quite burial grounds, but...I guess memorial grounds (or lake) works. Dropping thousands of dead bodies into the lake would just poison the water...but what if instead of bodies, the created elaborate rafts filled with possessions or other things that either belong to the dead or have been given to them upon their death. Sort of like Norse culture, but rather than letting them float out onto the ocean, they build them to sink. So, the bottom of Barocula Lake could be the largest dragon hoard in...fantasy history! And completely inaccessible.

Anyway, I just thought it would add a greater degree of depth to the humans of Sephalia to have that sort of ritual to honor the dead, but if you don't agree with it, thats fine Smile The thought just popped into my head a couple of days ago. I don't even remember what spawned it anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:51 pm

I still haven't managed to read through everything. It's like reading a freakin' book! But I really do like it. I am still interested.
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:01 pm

I really like that idea. Perhaps, committing the grave goods to Sephiris in the depths of the Lake (at least in their minds) WHere the dead join her. Rather like a\ancient Egyptian culture did?
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:03 am

I'm fine with the lake idea, I suppose. Very Happy
I'm not sure what part it might play in the story, but hey, more depth just makes it that much cooler! xD

And YES, I'd LOVE more people to join! That's why I asked if you would, silly! Aww
I'm so glad you're enjoying it! Very Happy
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:14 am

I'm trying to get through it all, Kalon. So much to read though. Eep! How much of the OCC do I need to read? (Considering this is page nineteen and all.)

I really am interested in it. I just can't join without reading everything.
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:18 am

It doesn't need more than a passing mention in this story, if that. I really just wanted your approval on it, culture-wise, because I might have it be a part of the Sixteen Years' War I will write about.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:35 am

I like the idea, but I have one objection. How widespread will this ritual be? I mean, Sephalia is pretty big, would families need to preform this trip for everyone in the family who passed away? It sounds unreasonable to me. I really like the idea, but I think it would fit more if it was a local tradition. Something the inhabitants of the lands surrounding the lake would perform.

Unless it was something state/religion enforced. Then it could become I dunno, something like the Mecca of Sephalia.
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:03 am

That's what I figured it was: just between the three large cities around the lake.
Although, I guess it'd be cool if it was bigger. It certainly deserves to be -- a lake that big, right in the middle. *shrug*

Discuss it a bit, I guess. We'll see what comes out. I don't really have a preference. Smile

And Raine, no need to read the entire OOC (out of character) thread.
Just read the official stuff on the first page. Smile That's everything you need to know outside of the RP itself. And then maybe just the last 3 pages of the OOC, or something. Smile
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:17 am

Okie dokie Kalon. Thanks for clarifying. I'll try to read fast!
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:17 pm

Local would be fine, however I think it would spread beyond that naturally. A lake like that would become a natural tourist location, and a tradition involving the lake and honoring the dead would spread easily.

I think even if this was a tradition embraced by the monarchy itself, it wouldn't be too difficult to deal with. I mean, it isn't the only way to honor the dead. It is important for the region, particularly if it started out as a local tradition. Anyone can make a small raft to send out over the lake, and then (however they do it) watch it sink.

My idea for it thought would have started during the Sixteen Years' War. I was thinking of having a major battle in the area (maybe). I was imagining them honoring the fallen heroes of the battle by making rafts containing their belongings and offering them to Zephiris. Perhaps that could have spawned the tradition, or perhaps they were just honoring a local tradition. Either way, it doesn't have to be embraced by the monarchy, and I can't see it being a tradition that would be out of control. But even so, why would that be too bad? It isn't like everyone is trying to bury their dead in the region, which would cause a severe demand for space. They are just sinking rafts containing treasures and such in a seemingly bottomless lake.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:19 pm

Right. Very Happy I could definitely see that happening, and the war would be just the sort of thing that would start a tradition like that. We probably don't want it official, because not everyone would want to throw their dead loved one's keepsakes into a lake, even if it is supposed to be sending it to Zephiris, or like the Egyptian tradition of giving them money in the afterlife.

Although, it HAS been some centuries since the war. A lot could happen. I suppose an official, organized tradition is plausible.

I'm still fine with however it goes, I guess -- no real preference.
One thing: a tradition like this would lessen similarities with the Catholic church, since more money for the dead would be going into the lake than into the church. Not that we know much about their specific teachings anyway... yet. >D
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:24 pm

I concur. Now that you elaborated on it, it sounds pretty nice. In the future, I may put that ritual into play in regards to Barin and his crew.
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 33 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 33  Next