FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Like eating the same small, perfect grape ..."

3 posters

Go down

"Like eating the same small, perfect grape ..." Empty "Like eating the same small, perfect grape ..."

Post by Verhalten Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:02 pm

"... again and again." Japan by Billy Collins.

Okay, I'm breaking down. I thought if I waited patiently enough, lurked thoroughly enough, then something perfect would spring up out of the forums and into my eyeballs. But that has not happened yet, so I'm going to put up a little advert and hope somebody can wade through all the blather and read my mind and give me exactly what I want.

Modern: This actually means 1970 to present.

Fantasy: Let's get some crazy supernatural phenomenon going on. Demons? Ghosts? Mutants?

Violence: Not full out war, but let's have characters who might get in a couple scrapes. Tough guys who get into brawls or agents who carry guns and smoke bad guys.

Plot: That's good, too.

Romance: Yeah, I'm down with romance. I'm really slow to develop it, though. I base it off my real life instincts, so at first there's the obligatory check-out scene, but after the person's level of desirability has been ascertained, it probably won't be brought up again for many, many posts. Pansexual here, as determined on the sexuality poll, so whatever character you want to play, I'm probably down with your sickness. (Yes, what I'm saying is that I can, at times, come off as fabulously, flamingly GAY, but mostly I play pansexual (wordoftheday!) alpha dudes who like beer and cars and whatever warm body isn't quick enough to get away.)

I obviously don't have to make the typical declarations about literacy, since you're all here for a reason, but what I do want to point out is that I really like having something to which I can respond. Monosyllabic characters who refuse to engage my character come off as monosyllabic RPers who refuse to engage me.
Verhalten
Verhalten
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

"Like eating the same small, perfect grape ..." Empty Re: "Like eating the same small, perfect grape ..."

Post by Inerio Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:14 pm

Crashes into the thread via roof.

New person! I'll roleplay with you. However, we need a plot!
Considering you're the one who made the thread, I'll let you toss out the first idea. I have mine, but I'd like to hear yours.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

"Like eating the same small, perfect grape ..." Empty Re: "Like eating the same small, perfect grape ..."

Post by Verhalten Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:24 pm

All right, all right. Plot, you say? I'll give you PLOT.

So, I've just got the one and it borrows heavily (like, everything?) from a couple works of media that I steadfastly refuse to admit I enjoy. (*koff*Constantine*koff*Supernatural*koff*)

Also, this plot will be so thinly outlined, skeletal will be an understatement. We can flesh it out together.

So, there's this boy on whom all the typical tragedies befall. Orphaned at the tender age of (blah blah blah) and there aren't any other family members willing to take him because (blah blah blah) so he's sent off to a Catholic orphanage called Saint Blah's where he is run through all the perfunctory counseling sessions and whatnot. Because he's convinced monsters killed his parents and obviously he is traumatized because monsters don't exist.

Fast forward to high school age, and he's taken aside by a priest (no, not THAT) who tells him that what he saw was real and then he goes into some mad rigorous training and emerges a young man with deadly weapons for hands and some crazy demon detecting eyes.

All of that was pretty much just background to bring us to THIS:

So he's sent off to fight the good fight and he does this for a few years until he's sent to a small town to "observe only." And he thinks he's on a demon/ghost hunting mission, but it turns out he's actually picking up a new recruit.

He's got to convince this young person that there is such a thing as monsters (and that could be difficult or very, very easy, depending on the character), persuade them to get in his car with him and drive around slaying them, and possibly solve a mystery while he's at it.

I've bored myself typing this. Now tell me yours so we can use it.
Verhalten
Verhalten
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:28 pm

Oh crap.
XD
Mine was essentially the same thing.
It involved a team of paranormal investigators, one taught by the church and one who's job runs in the family, who set out on some sort of mission.

You pretty much made a prelude to my idea in a weird way.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Verhalten Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:35 pm

You think maybe we're supersecret soul mates?
Verhalten
Verhalten
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:35 pm

That depends, how hilarious do you find the dancing Asian child in my signature?
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Verhalten Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:38 pm

On his own? Not so much. But the editing spins it into pure comic gold.

ETA: Errr ... 'cause he's straw and whoever edited that signature is apparently Rumpelstiltskin?
Verhalten
Verhalten
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:40 pm

Then yes, perhaps we are.

So, how should we start this roleplay? I'd take it that the person he's recruiting is perhaps a bit Odd Thomas-esque if you're familiar with the books(and if you aren't you should be. Quite a good read.). You know, town eccentric but a general good doer. Probably hasn't told anyone about their ability and the like. I want to play a sarcastic younger girl. I haven't played a smart ass in a while, and that's a fun persona for a sidekicks.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:43 pm

Inerio wrote:
I haven't played a smart ass in a while, and that's a fun persona for a sidekicks.

:/

That's ALL you play Inerio.

Have fun with this one guys, but I have to ask, have any of you guys seen "The Order"? It's a good movie that's sorta similar to this. It's also very good.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:44 pm

No! I've actually been expanding my regime to space cadets, moody rebellious teens, and do gooder feminist lesbians. Don't you have sex to not have Dio?
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Verhalten Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:51 pm

The Order? With Heath Ledger and Gorgeous McGorgerson Sossamon? Why, yes, I've seen it. Though it's been ages and I remember nothing.

I likes me a smart ass, I do. And I don't know these books to which you're referring, but I will perhaps check them out when the economy stops making it impossible for me to buy things that aren't insta-noodles and single ply toilet paper.

Moving on.

I think it should start out with God Boy arriving in town. (My vision of the HQ setup is a priest and a seer hanging out, plotting missions and moving little operatives around on a Risk board, keeping them about as informed as front line soldiers. They get cryptic calls on their mobiles that direct them to the right place and time to take down some baddies, but they don't really know nothin'.)

So God Boy arrives in this small town, starts hanging around the handful of public places he might catch some gossip, reading the local daily, and trying to put together evidence of some sort of metaphysical disturbance. This leads him to focus on Smart Ass and follow her around, perhaps even a bit stalkerishly.

Yeah?
Verhalten
Verhalten
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:53 pm

Sure.
Knowing my character, she probably knows and has a sinking feeling that God Boy wants to try to "exorcise her" for she thinks he realizes she can see the dead. Which means she's probably shit scared of him.

That would be fun. So, I say we jump into this. I don't have much time to be on, I'm getting off in an hour or two, so should we start this today or tomorrow?
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Verhalten Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:03 am

I say tomorrow. My brain sort of hurts. (This white-on-black shit is very pleasing to the eye, except when the eye actually has to edit for errors.)

Though before we begin or get too involved, I did sort of want to talk future-plot. I had some ideas about their respective abilities and what causes them. I thought maybe that could be a plot twist for when the demon-slaying bit turns old hat.
Verhalten
Verhalten
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:04 am

Spill em, I'm all ears.
Erm...eyes.
I'll see what you have to say, and add onto it. I don't want my ideas fucking up yours. Not to mention I don't have many in that area.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Verhalten Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:14 am

Well, the idea for Smart Ass is that she's not only able to see the dead (ghosts and whatnot, I'm assuming you meant), but also maybe has a certain level of psychic ability? Not like Dr. Xavier proportions, but maybe very sensitive to auras and able to get readings on people, dead or alive. Sense strong emotions and make sense of them. It'd be very helpful.

On the other hand, God Boy (why name them? these names are geeenius) is able to see demons, even when they're possessing humans, and recognize them for exactly what they are, though he maybe can't always see lost souls. And he happens to be kind of immune to a lot of demon mischief.

(The ultimate goal here being that her abilities stem from the divine and his stem from the fallen, and at some point their team-up is revealed to be a sign of bad things to come. Or something.)

There's no reason that should have been a parenthetical paragraph. No reason at all.

Also, I was thinking that, while he was educated by the Church, he is not a priest, himself. He's sort of a free agent, far as Church politics go. So he doesn't wear a collar or any of that nonsense. Though he would wear a rosary and have thorough knowledge of the rites and dogma.
Verhalten
Verhalten
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:20 am

What if their powers stem from the fact that something terrible and probably demonic(NO! REALLY!?) has come to Earth. Their meeting is probably a worse omen, seeing as it means whatever it is has begun spinning its web of discord and malice.

My character is probably going to be a religious skeptic. Not quite an atheist but someone who doesn't like organized religion due to bad prior experience. She'd probably routinely doubt that any of their work is connected to God in any way shape or form.

As for the demon, well, the son of Satan has becoming boring and overrated. What if each of the demons representing the seven deadly sins resurfaced? Not the pretty cliche demons either, the ugly nasty kinds that make your head spin at 360 degree angles. Let's see, there's Ammon, Mammon, Lilith....
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Verhalten Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:25 am

Oh, I like your idea.

But that would still mean that Lucifer rose, because he's Pride. As long as you're all right with that.

Do we want the Seven to be holed up somewhere or wreaking havoc globally? Is it too soon to even be discussing this since they haven't even met yet and that's probably a ways down the road?
Verhalten
Verhalten
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:28 am

I'm find with Lucifer rising, just not the whole 666 son of Satan cliche.

I think Globally would be better, it would make more sense if they spread out. And, yes, this is perfectly appropriate considering this is what the roleplay leads up to. We wouldn't want to reach this point and then get stuck, would we?

I suppose that's it for now though. Because, we shouldn't plan too far ahead. We have the idea, we should run with it.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Verhalten Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:32 am

All right, well. I'll be thinking up more character specifics until tomorrow and if you haven't already posted something, I will. After work, so it won't be until around 4 or 5 pm Central.

And, that said, good night. I'm beat.
Verhalten
Verhalten
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:34 am

I'll wait for you to post probably. Since you started this mess! D :
I'm going to bed too. ~__~ I have summer school tomorrow. I paid for that crap.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Verhalten Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:42 am

Haha! Sucker.

*peaces out*
Verhalten
Verhalten
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down