FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Avatar: The Last Airbender ((May Contain Spoilers))

+8
Inerio
Ehoron
Sighlent
Kaislynn
Fate Flyer
Gunneh
Lara
Kathryn Lacey
12 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Avatar: The Last Airbender ((May Contain Spoilers)) - Page 4 Empty Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender ((May Contain Spoilers))

Post by Inerio Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:28 pm

I can't wait to see animated Appa. Imagine if, God what theme park hosts Nick themed things, had a flying Appa ride? I wouldn't be surprised, and I would totally pay to get into an over priced theme park to ride it. I'm not ashamed. XD
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Avatar: The Last Airbender ((May Contain Spoilers)) - Page 4 Empty Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender ((May Contain Spoilers))

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:44 pm

I'm sure it would be more like the Dumbo ride in Disneyland... Unless... OMG! What if they shot fireballs at you and Appa was the roller coaster!!! XD

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:57 pm

XD
That would be awsome! Or if they had an Avatar the Last Airbender 3D ride/show! Those seem to be popular.
By the way, have you seen Patil in costume? Wow, I didn't expect to be as attracted to him as I suddenly am. He looks goofy in most of his profile pictures but as Zuko. . >silentfangirlsqueal<
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehoron Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:19 pm

I'm disappointed that the Water Tribe clothes aren't blue.

But Momo being in the movie makes it up for me. Very Happy

Momo FTW!
Ehoron
Ehoron
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:32 pm

hahah Yeah. Dev Patel is a good looking guy. He has a good angry face. He was goofy and sweet in Slumdog Millionaire, but yeah. He definitely makes a good Zuko. Though... his voice isn't nearly as sexy as Zuko's voice actor's ((Dante Basco)) who is also quite good looking despite being short.

I think it's more realistic for the Water Tribe clothing to not be blue. Where the hell would they have gotten the dye for it? It works for an animated series, but a live action movie requires a bit more realism.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kunesume Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:15 am

Inerio wrote:I can't wait to see animated Appa. Imagine if, God what theme park hosts Nick themed things, had a flying Appa ride? I wouldn't be surprised, and I would totally pay to get into an over priced theme park to ride it. I'm not ashamed. XD

I think they might go with a giant mecanical bison with white fur of course. Using some 3D imaging just like what they did with Herbie full loaded. I want to see are they going to do the entire series in the film or seprated into 3 parts each representing book in the series. MAkes for more money with the actors.
Kunesume
Kunesume
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:23 am

They're making a trilogy of films, one for each Book/Season.

In the interview with M. Knight Shyamalan in the Book Two: Earth boxed set, he said his first script of just the first season was like... ten hours long because he didn't want to leave anything out of the movie that was in the series, but he managed to crop it down to a proper movie time.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kunesume Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:31 am

Awww...I wouldn't mind a ten hour Avatar movie he could call it the LImit addition box set Director's Uncut.
Kunesume
Kunesume
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:35 am

It would exceed the length of the entirety of the extended version of the tLotR movies. That's a bit excessive. Plus, they only get like... $350 million for all three movies. If the movie was ten hours long, they wouldn't have enough money for the last two movies.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kunesume Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:36 am

YEa....stoopid money.
Kunesume
Kunesume
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrius Frostglare Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:20 pm

TEN hours? That's almost 1/2 the entire series there (each episode is approx. 23 minutes or so long). However, there are some episodes I would imagine COULD be cut, such as the Swamp Water Tribe.

I would imagine the budget would increase if the first movie was a huge success.
Adrius Frostglare
Adrius Frostglare
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

http://adriusfrostglare.deviantart.com/  (Deviant Art profile)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:43 pm

Each episode is made to be twenty-two minutes long, actually.

Chapter 4: "The Swamp" is in Book Two: Earth, not Book One: Water. I'm already almost certain they kept Chapter 6: "Imprisoned" because I keep seeing references to that episode for the movie, and people keep thinking that Haru and his father, Tyro, have been cast as Earthbender Boy and Eartherbender Father. So... basically... it's going to be the Chapter 1: "The Boy in the Iceberg," Chapter 6: "Imprisoned," Chapter 19: "The Siege of the North, Part 1," and Chapter 20: "The Siege of the North, Part 2." I don't see how they can leave out the first and last two episodes, so yeah... That'll probably be like... the whole movie.

I do hope they keep some stuff like Zuko's alter ego, The Blue Spirit, but only time will tell.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrius Frostglare Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:53 pm

Got your Avatar info down to a T, don't ya?
Adrius Frostglare
Adrius Frostglare
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

http://adriusfrostglare.deviantart.com/  (Deviant Art profile)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:05 pm

Yes. Yes, I do.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:27 pm

Okay! I'm reviving this thread because I've got some news!

A. The full preview of The Last Airbender should come during the holiday season!

B. Sokka is going to still have his boomerang in the movie!

C. I know this because I keep tabs on this website, and there's an interview with Jackson Rathbone there. The full interview is here.

First, I just want to say that only Johnny Depp can successfully manage to look like that and still be hot. Jackson just looks gross, and it looks like he has bits of poo around his mouth. Those glasses also accentuate nothing that is good. :: sighs ::

Second, I want to say that due to what was said in this article many people think that this means The Last Airbender is going to be more mature than the animated series. We'll never know until June 2nd, 2010 when it comes to theatres. =3

{EDIT}
Third, I want to express my opinion that, though he probably will become a double-franchise star from these two movies, it doesn't mean he'll be a good one because the Twilight movies suck... at least the first one did, and we have no idea how good or how bad the Avatar movies will be. The actors to which Rathbone is being compared are waaaay better than he is.
{/EDIT}

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:13 pm

Argh! Third post, but it's another attempted revival!

I have four pictures! Two are of Dev Patel as Zuko, one is of Noah Ringer as Aang, and one is of Shaun Toub as Iroh!

1. M. Knight Shyamalan ((director)) and Dev Patel ((Zuko))

2. Noah Ringer ((Aang))

3. Dev Patel ((Zuko))

4. Shaun Toub ((Iroh))

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmortalSin Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:53 am

Okay okay, so, I just finished the third book and have now seen the entire series. Following that I went to YouTube and watched the teaser trailer. Am I anxious to see the movie? Why yes. Am I worried about how it could turn out? Of course. Am I excited to see it in live action? Definitely.

First off though, I'd like to talk about the animated series.

I was pretty impressed with the ending. The fight between Azula and Zuko was amazing and I loved seeing Azula unwind like that. She was absolutely insane, but I'm glad that they didn't break her character, and have her beg Zuko for forgiveness. That's one thing I love/loved about the series, the consistency. If someone was injured it didn't disappear in the next episode. You didn't just change overnight. I expected Zuko to join the gang way earlier than he did, and was almost getting tired of waiting but I'm glad it didn't happen so soon.

The way they tied things up was good, although I was a little miffed at what Zuko did. It left me wondering what was going to happen, and whether we'd ever see another series. And yes, I did want him and Katara to end up together. The couples that got together at the end were still okay, but not how I wanted them to be.

As for the movie. I wasn't really impressed by the trailer, the airbending looked pretty weak, although I guess Aang was probably not as much of a master there? I did, however, love the look of the Fire Nation ships and the air temple.

The actors, meh. You can't really judge until you see them in action. It's amazing what make-up, costumes and lots of training can do to a person. But god am I happy that Jesse McCartney isn't Zuko. Speaking of Zuko, I think his scar needs to look a little more defined. When you see him in the series you're immediately drawn to it, you can't look away. It's striking and it's supposed to mark him, not just appear like a bit of sunburn.

As long as it isn't as big of a flop as the live action DragonballZ was, I think we've done pretty well. I think we'll just have to grin and bear it, and take it for what it is.
ImmortalSin
ImmortalSin
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:41 pm

The consisitency with everything was something I loved, too. There were probably only a couple times in the series where they screwed up a little - the first one I remember being when Aang made Katara a necklace from fishing line in Book One: Water; Chapter 14: "The Fortunteller" to replace the one she lost in Book One: Water; Chapter 6: "Imprisoned," but the necklace he made disappeared when they reached the village. I can't actually recall the other ones off hand, but they were no big deal.

Unlike you, I was shocked when Zuko joined the Avatar. Well... not completely... I was shocked when he seemed to be turning into a good person at the end of Book Two: Earth, and I thought he would join then, but after he turned against them in Book Two: Earth; Chapter 20: "The Crossroads of Destiny," I didn't think he would ever join them. Of course, when I saw how torn he was in Book Three: Fire about what he'd done, I realized that he still had a chance to redeem himself.

The battle between Azula and Zuko which turns into a fight between Azula and Katara at the end of the series is my favorite battle of the end.

The one thing that pissed me off is that they left that cliffhanger at the very end. They never said where Ursa - Zuko's mother - was or what happened to her after she was banished. However, it did make for an plot development in the Zutara role play Misery and I have ((he's the idea guy for our role play)).

What did Zuko do that left you miffed? I'm confused.

I'm pretty sure that the creators are trying to work on another series in the same world, but I don't think it will highlight the gaang from this one. If anything, they would just make appearances, but the characters would all be new and fresh. I heard that Nickelodeon doesn't want to pay for it again because they didn't earn enough money on Avatar merchandise because the show appealed to the wrong demographic - mainly older kids in their teens rather than little kids who still play with action figures.

I'm also glad that McCartney's music schedule conflicted with the martial arts boot camp which disabled him from playing as Zuko. Dev Patel is a lot better for the choice. I was also disappointed with pictures of his scar, but I'm silently hoping it's more defined in the movie than in the pictures.

Even if it isn't as good as I hope it will be, I want them to make the second and third movies anyway. It would be a shame to only get the first season into a movie when so many amazing things have happened in the entire show.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmortalSin Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:35 am

I was shocked too when he betrayed Aang at the battle in the catacombs, I honestly thought he was going to come good then. Especially because of his Uncle.

The part that left me miffed was when Zuko went back to see Ozai, and how they left the part about Ursa so open. It was the only thing they didn't really wrap up!

The battle between Azula/Zuko/Katara was by far my favourite battle of the finale as well. Sure, it was cool seeing Aang float around surrounded by all of the elements in his avatar state, but the raw emotion in the other fight had me transfixed. Besides, I'm a sucker for lightning fights, they look so cool! And what Katara did at the end was awesome! It was good to see that someone else could finally keep up with Azula, if only because she was insane.

It'd be wonderful if they made another series, I'd be less anxious about that as opposed to the live action film. There's still so much potential in the Avatar world, another series - if it was well thought out - would be great to see. But without all of the original characters... I'm not sure. I'd miss Sokka's jokes, Toph's poor hygiene and manners, all of the good stuff.

I'd agree with you there, about at least following through with the movies and making sure they do make a second and third. Dev Patel is certainly an improvement on Jesse. Somehow whenever I hear his name the song of his "Beautiful Soul" comes to mind, and that would completely ruin Zuko for me, haha.
ImmortalSin
ImmortalSin
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4