FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay Hell

+5
Kalon Ordona II
The Ghost Writer
Gadreille
One Eyed Jack
Guilty Carrion
9 posters

Go down

Roleplay Hell Empty Roleplay Hell

Post by Guilty Carrion Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:29 pm

Roleplay Hell RPHLogoDarkFireEmblem_zpse6538c50

Role Play Hell is a new tight-niched play-by-post community administered by Scott Stinson (AKA, Sai Rhavan), where community members are offered a place to write whatever they want across a diverse palette of forums dedicated to an array of writing styles.

RPH was developed in order to reunite the ancient role players of old, so you’ll run into names that were known back in ‘07 (and even long before) from the long-standing sites like Gaia, Gateway, and The Guild. Want to say hi to the old gang from back in the day? Now you can! But don’t fret, Hell welcomes all (pun intended)! You don’t have to know anyone in particular to join; as long as you have a passion for writing, you’ll fit right in. Meet and greet new faces and become acquainted with everyone, young and old.

The community offers two ”level” forums, very similar to FoG (Casual and Advanced); but also offers a unique category to the side, called The Seven, which cater to different methods of publishing your work (be it collaborative or not). Members are also allowed to create and moderate their very own on-site blogs to display and write about whatever their heart desires. A limitless private message inbox with folder/tag organization and message forwarding allows for easy and unrestricted communication between members.

Contests will soon be hosted regularly, and the first one will include gift card prizes. Members will also (soon) be able to apply to join member-moderated user groups that grant access to forums meant for those groups. Want to start or join a guild on a role playing site without having to go to Gaia? That’s how you can do it!

Thanks for reading, and we hope you consider joining us in Hell!

Come to Hell

Last edited by Guilty Carrion on Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Roleplay Hell Empty Re: Roleplay Hell

Post by One Eyed Jack Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:44 pm

Apologies for the double post but I saw no Delete option. RPH has its own domain now! No tinyurl!

http://roleplayhell.com/index/

Last edited by Gadreille on Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : incorrect link)
One Eyed Jack
One Eyed Jack
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:55 pm

One Eyed Jack,

The link you posted was incorrect. I took the liberty of replacing it with a working link. Also, I deleted your previous message. For future reference - to avoid double posting, you can either press "Edit" to edit your previous message, or press the X button that is next to it to delete your previous message and post a new one.

Happy role playing, and good luck in hell!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:25 pm

RPH has received a massive overhaul, so if you missed out on the fun before or were uncomfortable with using Zeta, then try out the new feel. If you had an account before, your profile was lost in the transfer (crap kinda... happened), so you'll need to re-register.

Changes and new toys include...

• We gotz our own server! Sai Rhavan purchased the server (while I purchased the software) and we will continually perform routine maintenance and do all that cool stuffz. So we no longer have to rely on people telling us what to do and restricting databases and all that jazz.
  • We got to keep roleplayhell.com and it now works when you add "www" in front of it... Though why people still bother to type that in while it's 2014 is beyond me.
  • PMs no longer exist. They're called "Conversations" now. Get used to it. xD But seriously, they're actually pretty cool, you can invite more than one person to join you in a conversation and it all acts like a miniature thread.
  • User groups can now be created and moderated by you, the user! This means room for future Houses and more.
  • Enhanced auto-save feature protects your posts and allows you pick up where you left off. Similar to how programs like Google Docs work, your posts will automatically save whenever you pause in your typing. These saves, rather than being stored in a drafts or saved posts section of your account, will remain in the editor in the thread, conversation, or wherever else that you were in. Simply return to it and continue editing! You can manually save at any time as well by clicking the floppy disk icon (why is that icon still being used, anyway?).
  • Facebook and Twitter integration. ... Need I say more?
  • Trophy system with points. Think Xbox or PSN. It pretty much works the same way. You'll receive a new notification whenever a Trophy is awarded to you.
  • AND SO MUCH MORE!
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:12 pm

Your links don't work...
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:14 pm

I figured he was just highlighting. Razz
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:42 pm

No, I mean when you click the link to RPH it doesn't send you to RPH. Sort of bad advertising to not have a useable link...
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:57 pm

Yeah, that happens when they register the whole domain and junk and I'm the person they make advertise...and I'm not even staff. Lazy asses.

Fixed it now.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:29 pm

Heh, awesome Smile
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Knifey Keith Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:23 pm

Gwwooorp!
Knifey Keith
Knifey Keith
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:04 am

I don't know if anyone will get this but the site must be down again. As I haven't been able to get on for like two days now. Every time I try I keep getting those stupid connection error messages. And obviously there is nothing wrong with my connection.
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:42 am

As far as I'm aware, Hisoka, there has been no issue with the site for the past few days. I've had no trouble accessing it myself, but I'll pass it along to the bosses.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Drockmunden Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:38 am

Well I'm sure how long it's been since things changed, but it would seem that the links have yet again broken or there is something wrong with the site/server.

Being useful,

Drock ~<3
Drockmunden
Drockmunden
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:55 pm

I think their website closed down.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tartra Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:17 pm

So did people actually move to somewhere else or has the general interest in RPs drifted? Sad
Tartra
Tartra
Apparition
Apparition

Female

http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2851668/1/The_Other_Kind_of_Roomma

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:32 pm

I don't know where they went. I'm lurking at role player guild but 1. Don't have time to RP and 2. Most rps there are kind of crappy.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tartra Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:40 pm

I feel like I'm dragging you around the forum! Whoops!

I was at RoleplayGateway for a while, but the place is disorganized. I was pretty disappointed.

Well, I'm getting to a point where I should just post my own RP again and see who comes in. I'll think about it for a little bit. I've got that writing itch back!
Tartra
Tartra
Apparition
Apparition

Female

http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2851668/1/The_Other_Kind_of_Roomma

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:59 pm

Hah, that's alright. I've always got that itch but I'm so limited on time. Still, I miss writing.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down