FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sign of Darkness OOC (Humorous Fantasy/Closed)

+5
Kathryn Lacey
Kyrt Malthorn
Gadreille
Digital Muse
Blackrock
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Sign of Darkness OOC (Humorous Fantasy/Closed) Empty The Sign of Darkness OOC (Humorous Fantasy/Closed)

Post by Blackrock Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:12 am

Welcome to the OOC!

Intro
Spoiler:

We're closed for now, though feel free to PM if you want to participate; I'll keep you in mind.

This is a roleplay project, which has two main goals in mind. First off, we are going to take a stereotypical fantasy world, along with the common tropes which plague the genre and give them a humorous twist. Secondly, due to the character creation process (see below), I aim to present an interesting challenge to my members.

However, it should also be noted that this is not a full-fledged undertaking. Instead, it aims to be a laid-back, easy-going side-project, which can serve as a welcome respite for writers, old or new, and a playground to test new ideas. As a result, I will not expect lengthy posts or impeccable quality. That said, I still have my standards, which I am going to bold so everyone can see clearly:

Rules:

1) Collaboration is a must. Due to the nature of this RP, our characters are going to be spending all of their time together. If you cannot work with other people, this is definitely not the place for you.

2) No drama. Going on a tangent from the above, seeing as you are going to deal with other writers, ideas, opinions and styles are bound to clash. FOG has a very mature member-base overall, so this is not really a concern; however, I will say that there are two ways of going about this: a) Assuming we are mature enough to deal with our own issues, I urge players to sort out any differences between themselves; b) In the event that fails, I ask that people come to me. I will try to listen to both sides and offer a fair approach to the problem.

3) Let us know if you are going to be absent. As I said, this is an easy-going project and I don't expect people to be available to post every week, let alone every day. If, however, you won't be able to contribute for an extended period of time, please let me know.

!!!!IIMPORTANT!!!! When RP'ing a group, it takes one person to hold up everybody else, I realise and agree that real-life always comes first, but if you can - try to leave off the story at a point where your character is not crucial to continuing it. I can't stress this enough!!!!

Now, let us get to the juicy heart of the matter.

Character Creation

Important: Using the information provided in the other section, you are free to make the stereotypical character. By stereotypical I mean the goody-two-shoes paladin, who battles evil at every turn. The quiet, gruff ranger, who skulks in the corner. And so on.

When you have decided what ROLE you want to play, without working on any background information, send me a PM first.

I will then provide you with your character's unique "twist". This is the challenge contained in the RP, you will play a character of your making - just not in the exact way you envisioned. Adapting, improvising and broadening your horizons are crucial for any writer.

Character Sheet Template (CS): (just copy-paste it, saves you the hassle of doing the bb codes)

Code:
[b][u]Name:[/u][/b] (Your character’s full name. Include any titles or nicknames here.)

[b][u]FOG Username:[/u][/b] (Your username on FOG, just for reference.)

[b][u]Gender:[/u][/b] (Male/Female.)

[b][u]Age:[/u][/b] (Your character’s age. The average lifespan of a human is 60 years. The average lifespan of a dwarf is 150 years. The average lifespan of an orc is 80 years – not taking into account death in battle. The average lifespan of a Goblin is 100 years. Elves are immortal and cannot die of natural causes.)

[b][u]Race:[/u][/b] (The playable races are listed below.)

[b][u]Class:[/u][/b](Pretty self-explanatory.)

[b][u]Appearance:[/u][/b] (What your character looks like, you can include equipment in this section. I accept pictures, but they must be accompanied by a written description.)

[b][u]Skills:[/u][/b] (What skills your character posses – they can be mental or physical.)

[b][u]Personality:[/u][/b] (A few words about your character’s personality – traits, quirks and anything else which makes them tick.)

[b][u]Biography:[/u][/b] (Write down your character’s biography here. It can be as vague or detailed as you like, but try to include a few things such as birthplace, family, how they grew up and other such. I will not accept two sentence-long “biographies”.)

[b][u]Twist:[/u][/b] (Add the name of your "twist" here, which will be provided by me.)

[b][u]Other:[/u][/b] (Anything else you can think of and doesn’t fit in the above sections.)

Send the sheets to me via a PM, for a quick approval, before posting them in the thread.

The Setting
(Those of you who are familiar with my writing know this won't be a short read...)

The setting is the standard-fare we have come to expect from most fantasy worlds. I have left a lot of things vague, hoping that people are familiar enough with the most common cliches so they can fill out the gaps themselves. If there is anything unclear, feel free to ask.

Geography

The Sign of Darkness OOC (Humorous Fantasy/Closed) Aventia

Spoiler:

Common Races

Spoiler:

Nations
Spoiler:

Deities
Spoiler:

Character Sheets

Aezegul Bal Vakamyth played by Kyrt Malthorn

Alric Sunblessed played by Blackrock

Aily Cully played by Digital Muse

Cleric played by Chainlinc3

Eil'thris Verden played by StalkerX

Letha Oddgeirsson played by Ryona Noel

Sansol Zalen played by Count

Wilfred played by Artorius

Last edited by Blackrock on Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:26 am; edited 7 times in total
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sign of Darkness OOC (Humorous Fantasy/Closed) Empty Re: The Sign of Darkness OOC (Humorous Fantasy/Closed)

Post by Blackrock Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:19 am

And with this done, we're all set to go. I'll just mention two things I want people to keep in mind:

1) I know I've already said it a million times, but please send me a PM with what role you want to play before working on anything else first. That way I can give you the so-called "twist" in the stereotype and you will have everything you need to start writing.

An example: "Hey Blackrock, I intend to play the typical zealous priest/mysterious ranger/uncouth barbarian with a big axe."

2) Communication. Instead of going for a myriad of smaller post, I propose we try to do some joint ones - that creates a smoother flow, in my opinion. PM's are a fine way of doing that, but I've also found instant messaging programs to work wonders in such cases. So if people don't mind sharing, here's my addresses: (note, these are the programs I use, feel free to include anything else that comes to mind)

MSN: pepik1@abv.bg

Currently, I'm not at home so I can't promise I'll be around on those, but in a week or two - I'll be there as usual.
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sign of Darkness OOC (Humorous Fantasy/Closed) Empty Re: The Sign of Darkness OOC (Humorous Fantasy/Closed)

Post by Digital Muse Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:17 am

Name: Aily Cully, a.k.a. That Cully woman, Cully's brat.

FOG Username: Digital Muse

Race: Human

Class:Fighter

Appearance: A member of the Cully clan is stamped very obviously on Aily; from her deep chestnut-colored hair to her disconcertingly pale gray eyes. Her great regret is that she is one inch short of 6 feet tall. She keeps her hair in a single tight braid as her back and her face shows the toughness of a life out of doors. Well, muscled, but flexible, Aily wears a dark blue linen shirt beneath a heavy woolen jerkin in the red of her clan. Beneath, she wears leather breeches with heavy boots on her feet. In inclement weather, she also has a weather resistant storm cloak.

In battle, Aily wears hardened leather in the lamellar style that cuts back on the weight while providing the most protection. The armor covers her torso only and on her forearms, she wears heavy leather cuffs.

Other than her weapons and armor, Aily carries a simple backpack with traveling rations, a change of clothes, a small pouch of coin, and simple camping necessities.

Skills: As a regular in the Adalon Army, Aily has been trained since the age of 16 in the martial skills of the army. While she is physically imposing, she isn't as strong as a man and as such, has been trained in the skills of a long sword, main gauche or sword breaker. She also can and does wield some of the more uncommon weapons such as bolos, sling, whipstaff or a simple bo staff. Her Father impressed upon her to never underestimate the deadly efficiency of a simple stick or rock.

Aily can fight from horseback, but is more comfortable on her own two feet, leaving the archers to the calvary. She can track somewhat, but only where the trail is fairly obvious. She can run for long distance at an easy gait, but she is somewhat hampered when in her battle armor. She, like the rest of the Adalon Army, are incredibly resilient and can absorb amazing amounts of punishment or weather harsh conditions.

Aily can read, but is limited in her writing skills. She was raised in the Army, joined the Army and knows little other than that. She offers her prayers to Lothar. But, given her particular persnality quirk, she more often than not prays to Lim.

Personality: Being of the Cully clan and Adalonian, Aily is remarkably proud. She doesn't think much of those from the Empire. Like most of her clan, she respects the Dwarves and their long fight against the Orcs. Being the only daughter in a family of 5 brothers, she feels a strong need to prove herself as capable as they and hopes to rise in the ranks of the Adalonian Army. She is a bit of an over-achiever as a result and will often rush forward impulsively to reach the front of a fight before the others. And she has the scars to prove it. But unlike her family or anyone with much sense, Aily refuses to kill, even in self-defense. She feels the need to prove that brawn doesn't outweigh brains. She will disarm, knock out or otherwise incapacitate an enemy, but simply will not kill.

Biography: Aily is the daughter of a family dedicated to the Army of the Kingdom of Adalon. Generations of her family have served the fiercely independent kingdom. They epitomize the independent nature of their entire nation. No generation was untouched by death in duty to their king and they are fiercely proud of that fact. Being the only daughter in a family of 5 sons, Aily followed her brother's footsteps and joined the army at 16 rather than settling to bear children and become a wife. Even if it was the wife of a member of the Army. She wanted to be the one songs were sung about. She trained first as a page, then a city guard along the walls gaining a great deal of practical experience fighting the Orcs and other unseen things. After 3 years, she was noted and assigned to a squad tasked to patrol outside the walls in 6 hour shifts. No longer protected except by the tight teamwork and trust built with her squad, Aily survived, earned her scars and carried home a few dead companions. It was the life she knew she was born to live. Slowly she worked her way up into larger and larger squads, platoons and her reputation grew. She could be counted on, she was brave, she wouldn't run. She was a Cully.

Twist: Refuses to Kill
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:32 pm

Name: Letha Oddgeirsson

FOG Username: Ryona Noel

Race: Human

Class: Sorceress

Appearance: Letha is 5’7’’, with tanned skin, weathered by coastal work. Her eyes are dark green-brown in color. She has long brown hair that reaches far down her back, two small braids hidden underneath which she uses to tie the rest back when necessary. She wears a leather corset over a once-white shirt, and a green wrap held up by a leather belt. Her boots reach her knees and are also made of leather. She wears leather gauntlets, and the only piece of metal armor is a cap for her head. She has but one physical weapon; her staff, a piece of thick wood nearly as tall as she, with a blade inset on the end, giving it the appearance of a weapon crossed between a scythe and axe. Her most prized possession is her bag of holding, a precious item used to carry vast amounts of cargo in little space and with little weight.

Skills: Letha is a sorceress, an elemental mage with a great capacity for weather manipulation. Most sorceresses learn to do more in their time, but Letha is of limited ability. Every time she casts a spell, or a spell is cast upon her (or even near her) she loses consciousness. This ranges from extreme dizziness to full unconsciousness which can last days if the spell was strong enough. For the most part, she refrains from using magic unless it is very simple, or is in the utmost of need.

Due to her limits, Letha has also become adept at fighting with her staff, following weather patterns, general sailing and fishing techniques (for she is often aboard a ship), and acute observations of her surroundings. She’s also really good at falling down.

Personality: Letha is, above all else, stubborn. When she sets her mind to something, it takes a hurricane to distract her from it. She is touchy on the subject of her inability to handle magic without falling unconscious, and has grown to have a fierce temper because of it. She cannot stand knowing that her life is in the hands of someone else should she have to use a major spell. It makes her angry with herself, and so she lashes out at those around her. She also has an uncharacteristic streak of humility, likely due to the teasing she endured as a child.

Biography: Letha was born in a small fishing village named Spraefyn in the northern part of The Empire. Her father was a fishermen and her mother prepared the fish to sell to the merchants. She and her four brothers worked hard for their parents to keep business going and food on the table. Hard work and the disgusting smell of gutted fish was all Letha knew for the first seven years of her life. Then strange things began happening. The only relation of these events was that Letha would be found unconscious wherever the event occurred. The village began to claim that she was possessed by demons; her family tried to protect her to the best of their ability, but even her own mother began to fear her.

News of this took wing, and when Letha was nine a Mage named Xradius came to Spraefyn. He was able to explain that she had an affinity for sorcery; he hypothesized that being unable to train properly was causing her to faint, for she was probably using too much energy at once. He took her under his wing and trained her as a sorceress. Letha did have an affinity for weather manipulation, and could calm or raise magnificent storms. However, by age thirteen Master Xradius gave up hope that she would ever be able to properly handle magic.

This mage eventually took on other students who quickly surpassed her abilities and mocked her excessively. She endured this for years, before finally going rogue at seventeen years of age. Before she left, she stole Master Xradius's bag of holding. She then began earning her keep protecting ships and ports from destructive storms. She tended to stay on the move, fearful of Master Xradius finding her.

Twist Allergic to Magic (causes unconsciousness)

Other: Letha prays to the goddess Ila, The Wise Mistress.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:15 pm

Haha, Ryona. That's an awesome twist that Blackrock has visited on you! XD
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:18 pm

Haha, I know. Your twist makes your character look cool. Mine...definitely doesn't! Very Happy It shall be fun none the less!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:59 pm

But it'll be a wonderful challenge to play, I think.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyrt Malthorn Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:33 am

Name: Aezegul Bal Vakamyth (AH-ze-gool; VA-ka-MAITH). Bal may be substituted with "Son of" or "Blood of". Some might prefer to call him "Aeze" for short.

FOG Username: Kyrt Malthorn

Race: Half-dragon.

Class: Sorcerer.

Appearance: Though he walks as a human, Aezegul's draconian heritage is painfully obvious: between the scales, claws, tail, the crest of stubby horns, and the wings as wide as he is tall, he stands out in virtually any crowd. His height of 5' 8" and broad frame don't really help his conspicuousness. His eyes are fiery amber with slit pupils. Mainly his scales are black, though those of his chest, palms, and encircling his eyes are a blood red shade.

Shirts and most upper garments being problematic given his wings, he wears a skirt of segmented straps of layered leather and iron studs. What supplies he carries (and whatever valuables he happens to have on him) he hauls in a heavy leather satchel. He has a large black cloak that, with the cowl up, can hide his folded wings and features, allowing him to pass for a somewhat hunched man.

Skills: Aezegul's sorcery is rooted in his dragon blood, and as such he is quite adept with fire - usually manifested through his breath. However, he is partial to conjuration, typically the creation of ethereal weapons or armor. Though, his claws can be quite nasty in and of themselves.

His wings are vestigial, not large enough or strong enough to grant him flight. They can be handy in controlling a long drop, though.

Personality: Perhaps even more draconian in his thinking than his physical appearance, Aezegul's superiority complex rivals that of an ancient, pure-blooded dragon. He faces threats as though he were ten times his size, and refuses to consider any task impossible to him - though some may be beneath his standing. Extremely jealous of riches, he deems himself worthy of possessing anything he can get his hands on. He prefers to keep a hoard as much as feasible, and instinctively sleeps close to anything of value. On top of it if possible.

Biography: The dragon matron Vakamyth Ra, over half a century past, commanded a clan of orcs to whom she promised power if their service culminated in the completion of her plans. Yet, she grew frustrated with the bickering amongst the orcs as to which was the greatest warrior (and by their reckoning, leader). Seeking to create an indisputable commander for her private army, she assumed human form and ventured into the Empire and, finding a soldier in a tavern, begot her plans. Thus, Aezegul was born deep in the deep, secluded caverns of the northern reaches of the Godswall. There he was raised and trained by his mother - a harsh mistress at best - until a decidedly concerned clanhold of dwarves opted not to let the dragon and her minions become problematic. Dwarven forces made quick work of the unprepared orcs, though Vakamyth Ra's fate is unknown.

Since this, Aezegul has done little south of the Bulwark, so rather little else is known of his ventures, nor of his goals or motives. Virtually anywhere he travels in civilized lands, however, he is noted for making a variety of trouble... mostly involving pawn shops or jewelers.

Twist: Inherited dragon habits.
Kyrt Malthorn
Kyrt Malthorn
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:26 am

Ryona Noel wrote:Haha, I know. Your twist makes your character look cool. Mine...definitely doesn't! Very Happy It shall be fun none the less!

What do you mean it makes her look "cool"?! A bloody fighter that can't kill anything isn't cool, it's useless!!! Razz
---------------

Ahem, on a slightly related note - I've added a "Twist" section to the CS. Folks seemed to be adding it on their own, so I thought I may as well make it official. I'm also holding back on my own character to see what the makeup of the group will be; I may end up filling some gap in the roles.
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyrt Malthorn Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:11 am

Well fighters could always carry the most loot, so, a fighter who won't kill could at least save us having to invest in a mule?

By comparison, though, I'm just mildly inconvenienced. Hm.
Kyrt Malthorn
Kyrt Malthorn
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:53 pm

Psh... Batman didn't kill in the updated movies, and he was a bad ass...

Anyway! I'm still thinking about where exactly I want to go with my character. The twist is tough, but I can definitely work with it. =3

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:45 pm

Blackrock wrote:What do you mean it makes her look "cool"?! A bloody fighter that can't kill anything isn't cool, it's useless!!! Razz

Oh I beg to differ! I've already figured out a way for her to be almost MORE effective than a conventional fighter.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:11 pm

Name: Sansol Zalen

FOG Username: Count

Race: Elven

Class:Battlepriest

Appearance: Sansol is a tall and imposing figure, his skeletal frame and severe expression only adding to his enormous holy hat. The hat is central to his spellmaking, and stands a full two feet over the top of his head. It is white, with gold trim and a golden cross on the front. The design is of two sides of the hat flaring out before meeting in a pentagonal shape on top of the hat, which tapers down to the back of the hat in a partially conical shape.

Underneath the hat, Sansol has short, black hair and piercing blue eyes. His features are young-looking, but his eyes carry the brand of disapproval that only comes from old age, and thus people have been hoodwinked into believing he is older than he is. His robes are white, with gold trim and a golden cross on the front, and his voluminous sleeves billow out, with his hands just barely poking out.

A leather belt encircles Sansol's shoulders in an X pattern, wiith two sword hilts poking out of specially designed holes in the cloth. If these are ever removed from his robe, they will appear to be normal scabbards, but if Sansol draws them, they will look like a large shield attached to a sword hilt, which will snap into place and guard his hands. These shields are capable of doing various interesting things, though none of them are combat-related except to defend.

Skills: Sansol is a powerful battlepriest of the god Lothar who is master of war-related magicks. Or, at least, some of them.

Personality: Severe and bureaucratic, Sansol's public love of rules masks his shattered interior, which has been fragmented since the day of amnesia.

Biography: Sansol was born in a small elven village of little note or name. At an extremely early age, he displayed a propensity for fighting, and was promptly shipped off to apprentice at Lothar's temple. The priests there were reluctant to accept him, but after one look at the devastation the child had caused to all things, both living and nonliving, they agreed to take him in. For the first ten years of his life, Sansol was in his element. On the day of his tenth birthday, though, he woke up with amnesia. He couldn't remember any of his offensive spells at all...but he did remember his defensive spells.

After that, he discovered, much to his surprise, that trying to re-learn his offensive spells was nigh on useless, as any attempt to pick up the practice, so to speak, caused severe nausea and internal bleeding. Thus, the battlepriests taught him all the defensive spells in their arsenal and told him to go out into the wide, wide world, where he could not bother their priestly priesting. Some of the spells, such as Spiky Death Shield, caused him to throw up again, while others, such as the Bouncy Shield, were absorbed into his memory like water in a sponge.

The day he left, he felt his divine powers being stripped, though he did not remember what they were. Once he had prepared his magical shields and strapped on his non-spiky holy boots, he set off into the wide world to see what jobs there were to be had for a battlepriest who could not fight.

Twist: Pacifist

Other: His divine gift is the Divine Accident. His refusal to learn offensive spells has severely migitated this gift, but the Divine Accident remains nonetheless, in limited form. The Divine Accident causes a propensity for things to break when he's around. Vases fall, arrows have unusually poor accuracy but rather gory ways of missing, and he is generally the Prophet of Bad Luck. Before he had amnesia, the ability had led to the near-destruction of his village, but the priests taught him to harness it, bring it under his power. Nowadays, however, the effect is so slight that most of it is just chalked up to bad timing.
Count
Count
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by StalkerX Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:24 pm

Name: Eil'thris Verden (Eel-th-riss Ver-den (Eil for short) (Formerly known as "Bandit's Bane" Now known as "The Blind Eye")

FOG Username: StalkerX

Race: Elf
Class: Ranger.

Appearance: Eil'thris, like most elves, is tall. Standing six feet and five inches, his hair is blond, straight, and fare. Eyes a sapphire blue his facial features are narrow in contrast with his defined jaw and cheek bones.

These features are usually hidden beneath his oak colored cloak and mask. His shoulder length is broad despite his otherwise slim body size.

Eil'thris has two quivers of arrows. One strapped to his back along with his Elven long bow. The other is strapped to his hip. He also carries an Elven Long sword on his other hip and an ornate short sword that hangs at his mid back. Loving to be Prepared for everything, Eil'thris has a knife hidden in his boot should things turn really ugly.

Skills: This ranger is adept at tracking anything from wild beast to caravan tracks to pesky thugs. He also excels in detecting and disabling traps, at least if he can get to the said trap's mechanism.

Personality: Quiet, Calculating. From a distance Eil'thris may seem cold, but he enjoys the company of others just as much as anyone else.

Biography:

Eil'thris was Born and raised in the Woodland realms in the elven city of Marwood, close to the border of the Empire. From a very young age Eil'thris was curious of humans and their "Empire", but the elves around Marwood always told stories of how vicious humans could be in nature, making Eil'thris timid around most humans for the longest time.

At the age of one hundred and twenty Eil'thris crafted and wielded his first bow, and at the age of one hundred and forty he honed his ability to be among the best archers Marwood had to offer.

At a mature age Eil'thris heard the stories of bandits raiding Empire Merchants who looked to sell their wears to the elves, and from that point Eil'thris knew he wanted to put his archery to good use.

He later became known as "Bandit's bane", a praised hero among the Elves of Marwood. It was when he turned three hundred years old that his sight began to fail him, the once notorious ranger began to hunt down trees he mistook for bandits or worse! The Merchants themselves!

He later gained the Title "The blind eye", and since then has moved from Marwood, hoping to cure whatever hindered his vision. For years he searched for a cure but has found none, No amount of magic or potion could cure his failing sight. Now Eil'thris wanders the lands of the Empire alone, hiding his shame and still chasing his dreams of punishing all forms of evil.

Twist

Failing sight.

Side note:) I still say Facial hair for a elf would be a interesting twist xD...
StalkerX
StalkerX
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:36 pm

Digital Muse wrote:
Blackrock wrote:What do you mean it makes her look "cool"?! A bloody fighter that can't kill anything isn't cool, it's useless!!! Razz
Oh I beg to differ! I've already figured out a way for her to be almost MORE effective than a conventional fighter.
I would, too, if the spiky-shield wouldn't have gotten me kicked out of the RP almost instantly. But meh, conventional shields combined with awesome swordy-shieldies make him quite enough of a handful for anyone.

Although, if you punch his shield, your hand will hurt. Otherwise...no. He won't punch back.
Count
Count
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:19 pm

The character is a her, Count. Laughing
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:36 pm

/looks at posts carefully

It makes sense, in an oddly convoluted way. I think it will simply remain confusingly odd and vague for the time being, though.
Count
Count
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:55 pm

Damn, am I the only one who hasn't gotten their CS up yet?

Great GM'ing right there lol!
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:38 pm

I forgot to post my approved character sheet Razz

Name: Wilfred

FOG Username: Artorius

Race: Goblin

Class:Rogue/Thief

Appearance: Five feet tall, 130 lbs., with a brownish green complexion. His ears are as pointy as any elf's, but his teeth aren't anything to be proud of. He has brown eyes.

Wilfred's attire consists of light, black leather armor with large boots and black cloak. He wears many rings on both hands as well as bracelets on his wrists. Wilfred also has an emerald necklace hanging from his neck that he holds very dear.

Skills: Wilfred's hands are extremely quick. He can pilfer, or steal just about anything without notice. He also has quick wit, and can develop plans for heists as well as battle. Wilfred is also very brave, and will never back down from a fight.

Personality: Wilfred exhibits traits of a mildly insane person. He has a bad habit of exposing his own wrongdoings when he lies. He is also courageous, and quick witted.

Biography: Wilfred was born like any other goblin. However, thats where the similarities end. After a heated battle in which his caregivers were killed, Wilfred was adopted by orcs. His natural skills and intellect set him apart from his peers (orcs). However, the aggressive nature of orcs and their war-like society caused Wilfred to develop a warrior mentality. He longed to be like his friends, exceptionally strong and skilled with a blade. Yet, Wilfred was not meant for the warrior lifestyle.

Oftentimes, the goblin was ridiculed by those around him. Orc women didn't want to be with Wilfred either. They were taller, stronger, and better warriors than him. In orc society, Wilfred was the runt of the litter. Distraught, and in search of a meaning for his miserable existence, Wilfred took to the road. He stole to survive (and occasionally acquire a valuable trinket). During his travels, Wilfred came to know other Goblins, but found he was not accepted by his own kind either, on account of his orc-like characteristics and mentality.

Wilfred has now reached a point in his life where he is at an all time low. The goblin wants to be a warrior! He longs to participate in epic battles and be acknowledged for his swordplay. As such, Wilfred is on a quest to find where he belongs.

Twist: Warrior's heart. Despite your small size and your natural affinity for talents of a...shadier nature, there is a fiery spirit burning inside of you. The spirit of a great warrior. It is said amongst the tribes of the Northlands that such a spirit is seen amongst newborns only once in a few generations, destined for great things. You can pick a lock, move silently and unseen, pilfer someone's pockets easily enough - but none of that interests you. Cold steel in hand, rushing to meet the foe head on - that is what you yearn to do. People laugh and scoff at the notion, but you are determined to prove them wrong.

Other: Wilfred REEEEAAAAALLLLLYYY likes dogs. He knows its strange.
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:43 pm

Artorius! That is fantastic!! I love how you integrated your twist into his bio. I have a feeling that Aily will have to watch out for the little guy...if only to ensure he's not underfoot. Wink
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:54 am

High-five! The battlepriest who won't fight and the goblin who desperately needs to...yeah!
Count
Count
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:56 pm

And OK, here's my guy, the noble Sir Alric Wink

Name: Sir Alric Sunblessed

FOG Username: Blackrock

Class: Paladin

Appearance: Alric is everything a knight, especially a paladin, should be – tall, strong and handsome. Perhaps not quite as buff as most fighters, he is nevertheless quite muscled, with broad shoulders and a wide chest. His face, held up by a thick neck, is square, with a defined jawline and wide chin. He has full lips, that can curl into a charming smile if need be; a pair of deep, blue eyes and an ideal nose, perfectly fitting the rest of his face, positioned between them. His wide forehead bears a few lines, but otherwise Alric has a boyishly young appearance. Further adding to his dashing appearance is his sandy hair, which reaches down to his shoulders, and short stubble which looks neatly trimmed.

What is strange about him is that his equipment greatly differs from that of his brethren. Unlike the heavy plate armour worn by the knights of his Order, he wears a simple chainmail shirt, even though the red tunic with a golden sun – the colours of Silis, his patron – is worn on top. Steel pads are used for protection at the joints, while sturdy, brown leather boots cover most of his calves. A scabbard is attached to his belt, from which an ornate hilt can be seen sticking out – indicating a fine blade underneath. He also has a black, hooded cloak clasped around his shoulders with a golden brooch, in the shape of a small sun.

Skills: Alric was trained from childhood to fight with a wide array of weapons, but he mostly prefers the standard longsword. Although he lacks most of the powers his fellow Paladins possess, he nevertheless has a few neat tricks he can use against the undead, giving him time to perform a…tactical withdraw. Surprisingly, he is also quite the talker and will often try to use his quick wits to get out of trouble.

Personality: Unlike other Paladins, Alric has got a very sharp tongue and is not afraid to use it. He can often be heard making ribald jokes, questioning people’s heritage, making droll remarks and, in general, being a “bloody bugger” (as some have referred to him). He is seldom solemn or serious, as befitting his role as a Paladin of Silis. What’s more, he is often prone to breaking the law for no real reason, other than getting on the nerves of the local authorities.

The most abysmal thing about him, however, is that he is quite a coward at heart. Despite his training and impressive physical appearance, he will often try to stay out of harm’s way – using his charming words to trick someone else into risking their neck. All the while staying on the lookout for any valuable loot he might notice.

Biography: Alric, like many other such children, was born in the family of a Paladin and as a result, his life was charted out for him beforehand. When he was old enough, his father sent him to train in the Order chapterhouse and he has known little else since then. Although he was born in the Empire, where the worship of the Sunlord was not as wide-spread as in the East, he nevertheless grew up in an environment where he was taught to always tell the truth and do what’s right.

However, Alric would have none of that. From a young age, he knew his father’s austere way of life was simply not for him. Even though people tried to avoid the subject, the young Alric had been a troublemaker long before he got sent to the Order. His father hoped that the boy would finally become a man in those hallowed halls and would set his mind on more serious matters, but alas that was not to be. Alric simply played the part of a dutiful Paladin, but he knew that he would get out of that damned hole as soon as possible.

When he was still a young man of twenty-two, promising and skilled, he got sent out on a mission from the Order. They called it a “quest for perfection”, but the truth was much simpler. During one of the ceremonies, Alric – who was bored out of his skull – decided to steal one of the Order’s holy artefacts. Not only that, he nicked the Grandmaster’s ring when it had been set aside for a moment, causing quite an uproar. Eventually (and perhaps intentionally) the culprit was found and so Alric was pretty much sent away. He was not stripped of his title, merely because of the great respect the other knights held for his father – who had done many notable things in his time.

Whatever the case, his time with the paladins was over. Since then, for the next decade, Alric has been wandering the Coastlands doing what he does best – being a nuisance.

Twist: Less than perfect.

Other: Alric generally doesn’t care about anyone that isn’t him.

Last edited by Blackrock on Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:11 pm

Right, so we've all got our CS's up (Chainlinc3 will post his as well, just editing a few stuff I nagged him about) and that means we're all -gasp- set to go! Time to find out if this idea will work or be total flop. I'm going to start working on an opening post soon, but I'll also mention something which concerns all of us - I want to get the group together as quickly as possible. I know that it will limit our chances to get a feel for the characters and all that, but I think the real fun will be our guys interacting with one another.

So, here's what we'll do: each person will get one introduction post, which will be sort of "on the road' thing, where they'll at least get some time to write for their characters solo. After that (meaning, at the end of the post) they'll wind up at Hugh's tavern - the inn from the interest check thread. Don't fret about locations and such, I'll explain it in my own opening post. That's the only "rule" I'll enforce on you guys when it comes to posting, after that you'll be free to take the action wherever you want.

Expect said post in a few days.
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyrt Malthorn Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:32 pm

Looking forward to it.
Kyrt Malthorn
Kyrt Malthorn
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:20 am

Put links to the various CS's in the first post, should help in the future when this thing is, hopefully, 38849349 pages long.

Also added an "intro" section which is directly taken from the interest check, probably makes more sense for it to be here than having it lie forgotten there.
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:46 pm

inb4 stereotypical tavern gathering followed by communal monster fight in which everyone learns to work together as a team.

And then...

inb4 said team falls apart due to personalities reverting to what they were before tavern gathering, but reverts to reversion when stereotypical evil villain appears and tries to take over the world.
Count
Count
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:45 pm

inb4 someone abducts the bugger warpriest and the group has to save him, but seeing as the majority of them are selfish bastards they let him rot forever.

Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:11 pm

inb4... hrmmm... Never mind that, IT'S CHARACTER SHEET TIME!
So, I was going to hold off posting this until Monday in hopes of revisions, but Blackrock wanted me to go ahead and post what I have, so... I'll try and leave a notice up here if/when I get around to said revisions.

Name: Cleric. Technically, his name is Charles von Hubert. But before that it was Peaches, and before that it was Duke Phalon, and before that-- people basically just call him Cleric, to keep things simple.

FOG Username: Chainlinc3

Race: Elf

Class: Cleric of Elos

Appearance:
Describing Cleric's appearance is kinda a moot point, because any aid he receives from Elos changes it in various ways-- from things as subtle as eye color to something as huge as a full-on gender swap. Currently, he's about 5'6" and of medium build-- not overly muscular, but by no means frail. Dark crimson hair is tied back in a long ponytail, falling to nearly his waist. His right eye is sky blue, his left is light green, and he bears a small scar under his right eye that simply showed up after a prayer session a few months ago.

His wardrobe is similarly hard to explain-- it currently consists of various cloaks, robes, and sashes in bright, lively colors (he avoids dull, muted colors at all cost) along with whatever jewelry he can find. But then again, given his trend, that's likely to change in a week or so.

Weapon-wise, he currently wields several small daggers along with several bottles of flammable concoctions. When he's not fighting, they are kept hidden in the folds of his robe. Note that he doesn't keep any sort of fire-starter on him, so said flammable concoctions generally need to be thrown intelligently if they are to ignite.

Skills:
He is a master of improvisation and an exceptional gymnast, but those are just about the only skills he routinely uses... Due to his swiftly changing nature, he has a moderate degree of skill with just about everything else, but is exceptional at none of them.

Personality:
He lives to experience everything the world has to offer, and changes routinely in order to do so. Everything else about his personality changes at random. Currently, he's an upbeat and friendly guy, with little care for privacy, personal space, or manners. He doesn't enjoy killing (currently at least), but is perfectly willing to if the need arises.

On another note, Cleric is a fairly kind person, willing to sacrifice for the sake of others, but not to an excessive degree.

Biography: (I seriously considered a three sentence biography.)
Cleric was born Itae Phoenica in one of the larger Elven foresthomes, a settlement called South Grove in the common tongue. He had quiet childhood, isolated from many other elves-- he later pieced together that he was an illegitimate child, and thus had to be hidden from the public eye, he had no idea at the time. He loved animals and nature as much as any other elf, but he was possessed with an unquenchable curiosity. At the age of 78, his family sent him into exile-- supposedly for chopping down a live tree (he wanted to hear the sound it made), but he suspects it was mostly just to be rid of him.

From that point on, he wandered the world, doing odd jobs here and there. When he was 98, he discovered Elos from a traveling priest, and was an instant convert. What was previously just curiosity exploded into full bloom, and he yearned to see everything, hear everything, touch everything, experience everything. His unbounded life stretched before him, and he decided to fill it with everything he could.

Following his conversion, he continued his adventures around the world, doing whatever he could get paid to do and moving to the next settlement whenever he had the cash and supplies to do so. He hasn't had any particularly special experiences-- a misunderstanding with a local lord (rather, his daughter) means he's a wanted man in a small area near the Bulwark, a group of bandits has a meager bounty on his head, and he's a local legend in a small town on the coast of the Sea of Tears from when he lead a five-man team against a minor pirate incursion. His life has been interesting, certainly, but he yearns for more.

Twist: Too Much of a Good Thing.
You are deeply devoted to the teachings of Elos, the Changer. So devoted in fact, that you constantly feel the need to change something. You can't stand to stay in one place for too long, you always jump from chair to chair or move from room to room. Your mood changes often, as does your clothing. During conversation, you constantly flip back and forth through a myriad of topics, often dropping something mid-sentence to speak of a totally irrelevant subject. Elos has blessed you with some powers, but even they shift and change - to the point where you are not quite certain what sort of divine favor you can call upon at the moment. Thankfully, once you set your mind to something you'll see it through...usually.

Other:
He doesn't like to stay in one area too long-- this is part devotion to Elos and part survival instinct: he typically will do SOMETHING to upset the locals if he stays in one place too long.

Last edited by Chainlinc3 on Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:08 pm

And the intro post is up. The idea is that we'll all end up in the inn, following the age-old tradition. Whether you arrive before or after the paladin is up to you; how you got there and why, where you came from - it's all in your hands, just remember that's where your post should drop off. Although feel free to talk with Hugh, the innkeeper if you want - PM if you want lines for him.

Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:58 pm

Oh. Looks like we got started. Splendid.

I shall post soonish. Tomorrow at the earliest; my schedule is full and my area is also full...of storms. Sad I'll definitely have a post up, though.
Count
Count
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next